Team: 2023-24 Montreal Canadiens
Initial Creation Date: Aug. 8, 2023
Published: Aug. 8, 2023
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Free Agent Signings
RFAYEARSCAP HIT
3$3,500,000
Offer Sheets
Offer sheet annual average (AAV) is calculated by dividing the contract value by the lower of: 1. The contract length, or 2. Five years
PLAYERAAVCOMPENSATION
Pinto, Shane$3,500,000
2024 2nd round pick
Trades
MTL
  1. 2024 2nd round pick (MTL)
Additional Details:
deal is endorsed by Jets fan @camper27
Buyouts
Retained Salary Transactions
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the COL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the SJS
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the WSH
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
22$83,500,000$76,636,249$1,170,000$4,210,000$6,863,751
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Montreal Canadiens
$2,900,000$2,900,000
C, LW
RFA - 4
$7,875,000$7,875,000
C
UFA - 7
$6,500,000$6,500,000
RW, LW
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 4
$1,100,000$1,100,000
LW, RW
RFA - 2
$3,362,500$3,362,500
C, RW
RFA - 3
$5,500,000$5,500,000
RW, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 4
$812,500$812,500
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$3,500,000$3,500,000
C
RFA - 1
$3,400,000$3,400,000
RW, LW
UFA - 2
$4,450,000$4,450,000
C
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$1,700,000$1,700,000
C
UFA - 2
$775,000$775,000
RW, LW
RFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$4,875,000$4,875,000
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$2,343,750$2,343,750
RD
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 2
$1,925,000$1,925,000
G
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$1,400,000$1,400,000
LD/RD
RFA - 2
$3,500,000$3,500,000
RD
UFA - 2
$1,800,000$1,800,000
G
UFA - 1
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$420,000$420K)
LD/RD
RFA - 2
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$275,000$275K)
RD
RFA - 1
$1,000,000$1,000,000
G
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$762,500$762,500
RD
UFA - 1
$7,850,000$7,850,000
LW, RW
UFA - 8
$10,500,000$10,500,000
G
NMC
UFA - 3
$1,985,000$1,985,000 (Performance Bonus$15,000$15K)
C, LW, RW
UFA - 1
$950,000$950,000 (Performance Bonus$3,500,000$4M)
RW, LW
RFA - 2
$828,333$828,333
LD/RD
RFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Aug. 8, 2023 at 10:36 a.m.
Source checks out.
Ross_Johnston liked this.
Aug. 8, 2023 at 10:53 a.m.
Jets decline lol
Jonesy204 liked this.
Aug. 8, 2023 at 11:06 a.m.
Quoting: Just_A_Guess
Source checks out.

Interesting how this was arrived at... Moving onward to better things. Cheers.
Aug. 8, 2023 at 11:14 a.m.
No longer a Virgin
Quoting: Camper27
Interesting how this was arrived at... Moving onward to better things. Cheers.

wISHING YOU WELL
Aug. 8, 2023 at 11:17 a.m.
Quoting: Ross_Johnston
wISHING YOU WELL

Thanks, likewise... all good stuff
Aug. 8, 2023 at 11:37 a.m.
MisstheWhalers
Jets were very stupid to lose Kovacevic on waivers, seriously they valued Capobianco more ffs!.. lol 😆

But they aren't trading the Habs their 2nd to get him back, they already have a logjam on defense, can't see them adding to it.
Just_A_Guess and Jets12Kozy liked this.
Aug. 8, 2023 at 11:38 a.m.
No longer a Virgin
Quoting: MisstheWhalers
Jets were very stupid to lose Kovacevic on waivers, seriously they valued Capobianco more ffs!.. lol 😆

But they aren't trading the Habs their 2nd to get him back, they already have a logjam on defense, can't see them adding to it.

agreed. just going off what another jets fan suggested in a ridiculous take in the comments on another acgm I made.

2nd rounder for dach and kovacevic
Aug. 8, 2023 at 12:33 p.m.
Pitter Patter

C'mon, my guess is we see Johnny Kovacevic on waivers this season. IMO this was not as massive a loss as the cap friendly narrative would have you believe.
IMO Capo is as good if not better than JK. #just sayin'
Jets12Kozy liked this.
Aug. 8, 2023 at 12:41 p.m.
No longer a Virgin
Quoting: Jonesy204
C'mon, my guess is we see Johnny Kovacevic on waivers this season. IMO this was not as massive a loss as the cap friendly narrative would have you believe.

I would be shocked to see him on waivers
Aug. 8, 2023 at 1:16 p.m.
MisstheWhalers

Is Capobianco not likely hitting waivers sometime soon?.. lol

I agree it isn't some huge loss but it just seems sooo dumb to me that this team that constantly gets patted on the bum by the local media and many of its fans for its "drafting and developing" lost one of their few d&d successes in JonnyK for a journeyman LHD which is a position of surplus for the organization.

Also Capobianco's strength would seem to be on the offensive side of things so he's likely never breaking onto the Jets PP with JoMo and Pionk around whereas JonnyK has size and reach which would make him a useful 3rd pair RHD who can PK, since both Capo and JonnyK likely top out as 3rd pair guys it'd seem like JonnyK has more all round use.

Ultimately though yeah not a big loss but strange nonetheless, this org is quite terrible at clearing a path for prospects to make the jump.
Aug. 8, 2023 at 2:03 p.m.
Pitter Patter
Is Capobianco not likely hitting waivers sometime soon?.. lol

I agree it isn't some huge loss but it just seems sooo dumb to me that this team that constantly gets patted on the bum by the local media and many of its fans for its "drafting and developing" lost one of their few d&d successes in JonnyK for a journeyman LHD which is a position of surplus for the organization.

Also Capobianco's strength would seem to be on the offensive side of things so he's likely never breaking onto the Jets PP with JoMo and Pionk around whereas JonnyK has size and reach which would make him a useful 3rd pair RHD who can PK, since both Capo and JonnyK likely top out as 3rd pair guys it'd seem like JonnyK has more all round use.

Ultimately though yeah not a big loss but strange nonetheless, this org is quite terrible at clearing a path for prospects to make the jump.

You are right, it is a good possibility he hits waivers, I would not be surprised. This is the level of players we are comparing. Neither move the needle.
I'm not sure JK qualifies as a "success". He was a 6th dman on one of the 5 worst teams in hockey.
From my seat, I think the local media was all over the Jets for losing JK and they still talk about it as bad asset management. Hamilton, Billeck, Mcintyre, Rewicki etc... all still roast Chevy for this. Even the locked on Jets podcast guy. Media has been HARD on True North over the past few years.

JK and Capo are the same age, same point production. Johnny's a bit bigger and a right shot yes but this to me speaks more of the lack of confidence they have in Heinola, Stanley and Chisolm to be a player they can plug into the lineup on the left side if there is an injury. It is laughable how up in arms people get over this when the Jets have clearly in more cases than not evaluated players pretty accurately.

EDIT: no sense in clearing a path for a player you don't believe will make your team better. I think its on the player, make the decision difficult. None of these players have done that yet and are expected to be gifted a lineup spot?
Aug. 8, 2023 at 2:43 p.m.
Pitter Patter
Quoting: Ross_Johnston
I would be shocked to see him on waivers

Then he will be a healthy scratch most nights. Barron will easily supplant him.
Aug. 8, 2023 at 4:08 p.m.
MisstheWhalers
You are right, it is a good possibility he hits waivers, I would not be surprised. This is the level of players we are comparing. Neither move the needle.
I'm not sure JK qualifies as a "success". He was a 6th dman on one of the 5 worst teams in hockey.
From my seat, I think the local media was all over the Jets for losing JK and they still talk about it as bad asset management. Hamilton, Billeck, Mcintyre, Rewicki etc... all still roast Chevy for this. Even the locked on Jets podcast guy. Media has been HARD on True North over the past few years.

JK and Capo are the same age, same point production. Johnny's a bit bigger and a right shot yes but this to me speaks more of the lack of confidence they have in Heinola, Stanley and Chisolm to be a player they can plug into the lineup on the left side if there is an injury. It is laughable how up in arms people get over this when the Jets have clearly in more cases than not evaluated players pretty accurately.

EDIT: no sense in clearing a path for a player you don't believe will make your team better. I think its on the player, make the decision difficult. None of these players have done that yet and are expected to be gifted a lineup spot?

I don't tune into all Jets media stuff but the ones I hear are usually pretty pro Chevy and if there's even the slightest criticism they twist, turn and do gymnastics to say how said moves make sense.. lol..
Usually when I hear McIntyre and Billeck they're pretty positive about Chevy/TN but I don't hear or read all their stuff either, honestly don't hear much from Rewicki or Hamilton anymore.

This could turn into a much bigger convo.. lol.. But I would've kept Kovacevic over Capobianco and would clear a path for prospects, need to take a risk and let some of these guys sink or swim, why did we ever have to watch Bitetto or see Benn acquired.
I see the problem as a lot of these guys aren't given much if any NHL games to get their feet wet, its like they do their AHL time and little to no NHL games to get accustomed to the NHL game, that doesn't work imo.
Its almost impossible to force a difficult decision, the vets with NHL contracts are gonna get their spot no matter what. I'm not even a Ville fan but even if he has a monster camp/pre-season he's still likely headed to the Moose cause he's waiver exempt.

It also seems that the 1st round picks like Ville and Stanley are given endless opportunities while the later round picks like Chisholm only get a sniff if there's a mountain of injuries, that needs to change imo. A guy like Barron was gifted a spot in the lineup but all these dmen are left to rot and have their value diminish, just doesn't make sense to me.
Jonesy204 liked this.
Aug. 8, 2023 at 7:01 p.m.
Pitter Patter
I don't tune into all Jets media stuff but the ones I hear are usually pretty pro Chevy and if there's even the slightest criticism they twist, turn and do gymnastics to say how said moves make sense.. lol..
Usually when I hear McIntyre and Billeck they're pretty positive about Chevy/TN but I don't hear or read all their stuff either, honestly don't hear much from Rewicki or Hamilton anymore.

This could turn into a much bigger convo.. lol.. But I would've kept Kovacevic over Capobianco and would clear a path for prospects, need to take a risk and let some of these guys sink or swim, why did we ever have to watch Bitetto or see Benn acquired.
I see the problem as a lot of these guys aren't given much if any NHL games to get their feet wet, its like they do their AHL time and little to no NHL games to get accustomed to the NHL game, that doesn't work imo.
Its almost impossible to force a difficult decision, the vets with NHL contracts are gonna get their spot no matter what. I'm not even a Ville fan but even if he has a monster camp/pre-season he's still likely headed to the Moose cause he's waiver exempt.

It also seems that the 1st round picks like Ville and Stanley are given endless opportunities while the later round picks like Chisholm only get a sniff if there's a mountain of injuries, that needs to change imo. A guy like Barron was gifted a spot in the lineup but all these dmen are left to rot and have their value diminish, just doesn't make sense to me.

I agree with all of this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll