M-NTC
UFA - 2
Logo of the Ottawa Senators
$4,000,000$4,000,000
G
M-NTC
UFA - 5
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$1,850,000$2M)
LD
UFA - 1
$4,600,000$4,600,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 4
$2,750,000$2,750,000
G
UFA - 2
$2,000,000$2,000,000
LD/RD, LW
RFA - 1
$1,100,000$1,100,000
RD
NMC
UFA - 2
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$775,000$775,000
RW, C
UFA - 3
$7,950,000$7,950,000
C
UFA - 7
$762,500$762,500
LW
RFA - 1
$885,000$885,000
RD
RFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Oct. 4, 2023 at 7:27 p.m.
Danny B is here
So what’s ur plan for when Norris comes back then?
Oct. 4, 2023 at 7:34 p.m.
KFTW
Quoting: GMDannyB

We’ll figure it out then. But we aren’t moving Joseph with a 1st
Xspyrit liked this.
Oct. 4, 2023 at 7:37 p.m.

There are always injuries that happen and trades to be made, Briere should have taken the assets when he had the chance for free instead of playing hard ball.
Xspyrit liked this.
Oct. 4, 2023 at 7:48 p.m.
Danny B is here
Quoting: csick

Quoting: BillytheKid3
There are always injuries that happen and trades to be made, Briere should have taken the assets when he had the chance for free instead of playing hard ball.

Banking on “we will figure it out later” is a hilarious strategy from a legitimate GM. I feel for Sens fans it must be hard having a complete idiot as a GM. Having Chuck Fletcher lose every single trade he made as a GM means I feel ur pain but ur GM has no idea what he is doing if his plan is “let’s hope someone else gets injured before Norris is healthy so the other 31 GMs don’t bend me over when I’m forced to trade someone to be cap compliant”
Oct. 4, 2023 at 7:54 p.m.

How about acquiring Voracek contract?
Oct. 4, 2023 at 8:05 p.m.
Danny B is here
Quoting: Sr_Advisor_Hockey_Ops
How about acquiring Voracek contract?

Dude you only need to press quote once lol my lord
Oct. 4, 2023 at 8:07 p.m.
Banking on “we will figure it out later” is a hilarious strategy from a legitimate GM. I feel for Sens fans it must be hard having a complete idiot as a GM. Having Chuck Fletcher lose every single trade he made as a GM means I feel ur pain but ur GM has no idea what he is doing if his plan is “let’s hope someone else gets injured before Norris is healthy so the other 31 GMs don’t bend me over when I’m forced to trade someone to be cap compliant”

Other teams also have players that get injured, and they are sometimes willing to give up some draft picks in order to fill the void, it then becomes a win/win. Take the season 1 game at a time in this situation, it's unfortunate to be cap strapped, but patience is key. In 10 years when the Flyers are relevant again, Briere may be in the same situation, if he's still around.
Xspyrit liked this.
Oct. 4, 2023 at 8:27 p.m.

??? What's the old Lou Lamiorello quote? "If you have time, use it". Obviously it's FAR from ideal that Ottawa could start the year without Norris, but if it's what's needed for his health it's absolutely necessary. If he's on LTIR, there's no immediate rush. Having both guys around makes the team better in the interim, and it only gets easier to make moves as the season goes along. Preseason is the hardest time to make moves, because everyone wants to see what they have first. Nobody is saying to wait til the last second before you have to activate Norris, if he's out a bit it totally pushes the deadline to make those moves further down the road. As of right now, that deadline is one week if they want Pinto to start the season. If Norris does go on the shelf, they can keep both to start the year, while continuing talks with teams.
GMDannyB, Fergy22 and Xspyrit liked this.
Oct. 4, 2023 at 8:27 p.m.
Danny B is here
Other teams also have players that get injured, and they are sometimes willing to give up some draft picks in order to fill the void, it then becomes a win/win. Take the season 1 game at a time in this situation, it's unfortunate to be cap strapped, but patience is key. In 10 years when the Flyers are relevant again, Briere may be in the same situation, if he's still around.

Flyers will be relevant in like 3-4 years but u can try to insult them whatever way you want. U thinking someone will pay you for a player ur forced to dump is comical and tells me all I need to know about ur hockey knowledge. Have a good one bud.
Oct. 4, 2023 at 8:29 p.m.
Danny B is here
Quoting: Claesson4Norris
??? What's the old Lou Lamiorello quote? "If you have time, use it". Obviously it's FAR from ideal that Ottawa could start the year without Norris, but if it's what's needed for his health it's absolutely necessary. If he's on LTIR, there's no immediate rush. Having both guys around makes the team better in the interim, and it only gets easier to make moves as the season goes along. Preseason is the hardest time to make moves, because everyone wants to see what they have first. Nobody is saying to wait til the last second before you have to activate Norris, if he's out a bit it totally pushes the deadline to make those moves further down the road. As of right now, that deadline is one week if they want Pinto to start the season. If Norris does go on the shelf, they can keep both to start the year, while continuing talks with teams.

I agree but u just further lose leverage. Everyone then knows u need to trade as soon as I start to engage in trade talks everyone will know Norris is coming back soon. I also believe Pinto is still unsigned because Dorion doesn’t want to be forced into that situation when Norris comes back. If he was fine with it he would have signed Pinto already
Oct. 4, 2023 at 8:37 p.m.
I agree but u just further lose leverage. Everyone then knows u need to trade as soon as I start to engage in trade talks everyone will know Norris is coming back soon. I also believe Pinto is still unsigned because Dorion doesn’t want to be forced into that situation when Norris comes back. If he was fine with it he would have signed Pinto already

I mean, maybe he can't sign the deal? If he is going on IR, and they know it, they might have to wait the season starts. You have to be cap compliant to start the season. Norris goes on LTIR when the season starts, and that'll allow him to have the needed cap space.

Again, that's assuming he is going on IR, which hopefully he's just... not? We keep hearing about setbacks, but the team keeps talking like they expect him for pre season so... maybe that's just cope from Dorion and Smith, who desperately need a hot start if they want to not get canned. If it's not, then yeah, Ottawa needs to make a move very soon.
GMDannyB liked this.
Oct. 4, 2023 at 8:40 p.m.
Danny B is here
I mean, maybe he can't sign the deal? If he is going on IR, and they know it, they might have to wait the season starts. You have to be cap compliant to start the season. Norris goes on LTIR when the season starts, and that'll allow him to have the needed cap space.

Again, that's assuming he is going on IR, which hopefully he's just... not? We keep hearing about setbacks, but the team keeps talking like they expect him for pre season so... maybe that's just cope from Dorion and Smith, who desperately need a hot start if they want to not get canned. If it's not, then yeah, Ottawa needs to make a move very soon.

Yeah that’s true. It just seems like Dorion is praying something is going to break his way and I feel for the sane portion of ur fanbase cause that’s all Chuck Fletcher did and it was brutal until he got fired finally. Was hoping the Sens would be good and Giroux could finally have a shot at the cup he deserves but the Sens front office just seems to be Flyers 2.0 with better drafting and a few years ahead on the rebuild timeline
Oct. 4, 2023 at 8:53 p.m.
TkachukNorris79

That's silly bro. They can literally just waive Joseph and run a 20 man roster to become cap compliant at this point.
Oct. 4, 2023 at 9:02 p.m.
Danny B is here
Quoting: TkachukNorris79
That's silly bro. They can literally just waive Joseph and run a 20 man roster to become cap compliant at this point.

Well yeah with Norris on IR you can. But when he comes back you still have to trade someone. But if Norris doesn’t go on IR, you can’t just send Joseph down to be cap compliant if Pinto gets 2.5M it’s impossible
Oct. 4, 2023 at 9:17 p.m.
TkachukNorris79
Well yeah with Norris on IR you can. But when he comes back you still have to trade someone. But if Norris doesn’t go on IR, you can’t just send Joseph down to be cap compliant if Pinto gets 2.5M it’s impossible

It's definitely possible to give Pinto $2.3M and become cap compliant with Norris off LTIR, without making a trade.
Xspyrit liked this.
Oct. 4, 2023 at 9:21 p.m.
Danny B is here
It's definitely possible to give Pinto $2.3M and become cap compliant with Norris off LTIR, without making a trade.

If Pinto signs for $2.3M:

$3.9M in cap with Norris on IR with with 23 man roster
-$4M in cap space with Norris off IR with 23 man roster
-$2.4M in cap space with Norris off IR with 20 man roster

So how exactly do you become cap compliant without a trade when you are over the cap by $2.4M?
Oct. 4, 2023 at 9:26 p.m.
Yeah that’s true. It just seems like Dorion is praying something is going to break his way and I feel for the sane portion of ur fanbase cause that’s all Chuck Fletcher did and it was brutal until he got fired finally. Was hoping the Sens would be good and Giroux could finally have a shot at the cup he deserves but the Sens front office just seems to be Flyers 2.0 with better drafting and a few years ahead on the rebuild timeline

Barring a huge playoff run, I don't think there's anything Dorion can do to save his job. The new guard will want to make their own front office, it's just hard to come into a brand new organization weeks before star of season and fire the guy at the helm. Mathieu Darche's name have been out there attached to Andlauer since before he was even the owner. It'll either be a next summer thing, or possibly a mid season thing if the season goes especially poorly. Same with DJ Smith, though I actually think it's fairly likely we see a change there mid season, given DJs embarrassing track record to start the season
GMDannyB liked this.
Oct. 4, 2023 at 9:27 p.m.
Danny B is here
Barring a huge playoff run, I don't think there's anything Dorion can do to save his job. The new guard will want to make their own front office, it's just hard to come into a brand new organization weeks before star of season and fire the guy at the helm. Mathieu Darche's name have been out there attached to Andlauer since before he was even the owner. It'll either be a next summer thing, or possibly a mid season thing if the season goes especially poorly. Same with DJ Smith, though I actually think it's fairly likely we see a change there mid season, given DJs embarrassing track record to start the season

Yeah for sure he’s a lame duck at this point but he isn’t doing anything to help his case
Oct. 4, 2023 at 9:29 p.m.
Yeah for sure he’s a lame duck at this point but he isn’t doing anything to help his case

I'd go as far as to say it's difficult to imagine a worse start to the Andlauer era for Dorion.
GMDannyB liked this.
Oct. 4, 2023 at 9:40 p.m.
TkachukNorris79
If Pinto signs for $2.3M:

$3.9M in cap with Norris on IR with with 23 man roster
-$4M in cap space with Norris off IR with 23 man roster
-$2.4M in cap space with Norris off IR with 20 man roster

So how exactly do you become cap compliant without a trade when you are over the cap by $2.4M?

A) you added Norris' salary back when you took him off LTIR but you didn't add him as the 24th roster player (or deduct at least $775k for the player being sent down)

B) I will make an ACGM to show you.
Oct. 4, 2023 at 9:49 p.m.
Danny B is here
A) you added Norris' salary back when you took him off LTIR but you didn't add him as the 24th roster player (or deduct at least $775k for the player being sent down)

Okay so you take another 4th liner out that makes 700-800k and that leaves you $1.6M over the cap with a 20 man roster. You still cannot do it. You can make whatever ACGM you want it is impossible lol.
Oct. 4, 2023 at 10:36 p.m.
Danny B is here

Still waiting on that ACGM to explain it to me man
Oct. 5, 2023 at 9:17 a.m.
TkachukNorris79
Still waiting on that ACGM to explain it to me man

Just posted it.
Oct. 5, 2023 at 9:34 a.m.
Edited Oct. 5, 2023 at 9:42 a.m.

Kubalik (if not traded now) will become a hot commodity and since he is UFA after the season and the Sens don't have cap space and a spot for him next season, you trade him

2024-25 :

Tkachuk - Stutzle - UFA
Jarventie - Norris - Batherson
Greig - Pinto - Giroux
Ostapchuk - Kastelic - Joseph
MacEwen

Sens will have 5+ M$ to fill a spot in the Top-9, Giroux could be on Stutzle's RW but that 3rd line would be money. I'm targeting having the strongest possible Top-9. It should be easy to attract a good player to play with Tkachuk-Stutzle. It could still be Tarasenko but I really doubt it would be Kubalik

So IMO, you trade Kubalik NOW to create enough cap space to sign Pinto and also try to recoup an asset instead of letting walk for nothing. Or trade Kubalik when Norris is healthy. Other teams will need him with their injuries too

With Jarventie, Greig and Pinto progression (and Ostapchuk next in line), Sens won't need Kubalik very long. IMO they don't even need him that much now, at least not if Norris is healthy

GMs (like pretty much everyone in this world) use the medias to their advantage, they are going to reveal the information that they WANT to reveal, sometimes twisting or exaggerating the reality... this is something that the poster you're talking to has absolutely no idea about. I hope you guys are not taking anything he says seriously, because that would "tell me all I need to know about ur hockey knowledge"

Dorion lacks foresight and is a terrible asset manager but a billion $ business plan things ahead, they know things that we don't know about and as of now, they are playing their cards the way they planned. Welcome to life for certain people (not you) lol
BillytheKid3 liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll