SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

Is Travis Hamonic a #1 defensemen?

Is Travis Hamonic a #1 Defensemen?
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

Jul. 2, 2017 at 11:48 p.m.
Leave your thoughts, I am writing a paper on Travis Hamonic and want CF User's thoughts
Jul. 3, 2017 at 1:37 a.m.
Has there been a shortage of docs in the area the guy who think he's a #1 is?
Jul. 3, 2017 at 1:54 a.m.
I know somebody on here who thinks he is a #1, he sure is injury prone though a great guy in the community smile. I just wanted to be able to vote No not have to pick where he should be though smile. Also he is a right shot so rather be is he a 1/2/3 top pair or whatever. I did a report when read Clyde from Walt Frazier so its funny that somebody does this on Hamonic smile. I think he is a 3 or 4, at best a 2 but not a 1 like a Drew Doughty smile.
phillyjabroni liked this.
Jul. 3, 2017 at 1:58 a.m.
Quoting: Daoloth
I know somebody on here who thinks he is a #1, he sure is injury prone though a great guy in the community smile. I just wanted to be able to vote No not have to pick where he should be though smile. Also he is a right shot so rather be is he a 1/2/3 top pair or whatever. I did a report when read Clyde from Walt Frazier so its funny that somebody does this on Hamonic smile. I think he is a 3 or 4, at best a 2 but not a 1 like a Drew Doughty smile.

Yeah he's a second pair guy and nothing else. And agreed, he is really a great guy off the ice
Jul. 3, 2017 at 9:20 a.m.
Comparative to his new teammates Hamonic is a behind Giordano (by a wide margin) and Hamilton (only beating his in ice time). Hamonic only slightly beats Brodie in shot generation and goals. On the Flames he is a number three defender who probably will be on the powerplay.
On the Flames he is a number 3 defender, but based on his numbers and comparing him to an archetype, it tells a different story. He has the offensive numbers of a number two defender, but the defensive numbers of a third pairing guy.
Jul. 3, 2017 at 9:48 a.m.
get ur corsi up
Quoting: phillyjabroni
Leave your thoughts, I am writing a paper on Travis Hamonic and want CF User's thoughts

You work for a sports news company?
Jul. 3, 2017 at 9:59 a.m.
Quoting: DarylthePony

You work for a sports news company?

No, unfortunately. I am just writing this for leisure. I want to accumulate thoughts around the CF community and then compare it to advanced analytics and such.
Jul. 3, 2017 at 10:28 a.m.
I think if called up to the first pairing he can hold his own, but ideally he's a number 3 or 4 defenseman. That being said, playing with Brodie is going to be an absolutely dominant second pair.
Jul. 3, 2017 at 12:54 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: DavidBooth7

Yeah he's a second pair guy and nothing else. And agreed, he is really a great guy off the ice

yeah, he's great off the ice but i don't like him on the ice.
Jul. 3, 2017 at 1:07 p.m.
Quoting: rangersandislesfan

Didn't you use to say he's a #1 dman?
Jul. 3, 2017 at 1:08 p.m.
Black Lives Matter

yeah, i did. I mean i don't like how he gets tons of penalties and all that. He's a really good player, i'm just not a big fan.
Jul. 3, 2017 at 1:08 p.m.

yeah, i did. I mean i don't like how he gets tons of penalties and all that. He's a really good player, i'm just not a big fan.

...then why do you always defend him
Jdp, GMBB and phillyjabroni liked this.
Jul. 3, 2017 at 1:11 p.m.
Black Lives Matter

i'm saying he's a good player but i don't like how he gets all those penalties and stuff ... kind of like Matthew Tkachuk.
Jul. 3, 2017 at 2:00 p.m.

i'm saying he's a good player but i don't like how he gets all those penalties and stuff ... kind of like Matthew Tkachuk.

Hamonic is a #5 defensemen on the NYI
Jul. 3, 2017 at 2:19 p.m.
get ur corsi up
Not horrible possession numbers, averaging around 20 minutes of ice time, but a habit for giveaways. I'd say he had a bad year, but still has No2 defenseman capability, however being with Giordano and Hamilton my guess is he'll play D-man No3 for the season.
Jul. 3, 2017 at 2:37 p.m.
Not horrible possession numbers, averaging around 20 minutes of ice time, but a habit for giveaways. I'd say he had a bad year, but still has No2 defenseman capability, however being with Giordano and Hamilton my guess is he'll play D-man No3 for the season.

TJ Brodie is superior to Hamonic man
Jul. 3, 2017 at 2:40 p.m.
get ur corsi up

TJ Brodie is superior to Hamonic man

Okay yea, I just looked deeper into some Brodie advanced stats, your right.
Jul. 3, 2017 at 3:01 p.m.
Hamonci is 5th on the team w/ HERO Rating, last in CF% rel, last in Point Shares
Jul. 3, 2017 at 3:13 p.m.
Black Lives Matter

he's not with the Isles any more.
Jul. 3, 2017 at 3:14 p.m.
Black Lives Matter

Brodie is better than Hamonic and Hamilton if you ask me. Hamonic would be a #4 on CGY i think. For me in this order: Giordano, Brodie, Hamilton, Hamonic.
Jul. 3, 2017 at 3:37 p.m.

when he was, he is a #5
Jul. 3, 2017 at 3:39 p.m.
Black Lives Matter

when he was, he is a #5

wait, so Leddy, De-Haan, Hickey, and Boychuk are better than Hamonic you're saying.
Jul. 3, 2017 at 3:44 p.m.

wait, so Leddy, De-Haan, Hickey, and Boychuk are better than Hamonic you're saying.

yup. point shares, HERO, CF%rel all indicate that they were. Hamonic was the only starting defensemen with a negative Defensive Point Share
Jul. 3, 2017 at 4:07 p.m.

Maybe on a team like Vegas he might be the top pair haha. Otherwise he is probably pairing unless maybe Nashville where he would probably be behind Ellis/Subban to be on 3rd replacing Weber to play with Irwin or Emelin. Flames he might have to beat out Stone, might be 4th guy there since TJ Brodie is pretty good. Just hope the guy can stay healthy since he is pretty good with what he does off the ice smile.
Jul. 3, 2017 at 4:10 p.m.

Maybe on a team like Vegas he might be the top pair haha. Otherwise he is probably pairing unless maybe Nashville where he would probably be behind Ellis/Subban to be on 3rd replacing Weber to play with Irwin or Emelin. Flames he might have to beat out Stone, might be 4th guy there since TJ Brodie is pretty good. Just hope the guy can stay healthy since he is pretty good with what he does off the ice smile.

Yea, I see him signing up next to Brodie on the second pair. Stone may have to deal with third pairing duties. They both had bad years but I find Hamonic to be the better of the two. That's just me though

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit