Multiple defensive moves

Created by: Gronk
Team: 2023-24 Toronto Maple Leafs
Initial Creation Date: Nov. 28, 2023
Published: Nov. 28, 2023
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Trades
TOR
  1. Zadorov, Nikita ($1,875,000 retained)
  2. 2024 3rd round pick (CGY)
CGY
  1. Abruzzese, Nick
  2. Timmins, Conor
  3. 2024 1st round pick (TOR)
PHI
  1. 2024 3rd round pick (CGY)
Buried
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the NYI
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
22$83,500,000$83,281,450$0$0$218,550
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
$925,000$925,000
LW, RW
RFA - 2
$11,640,250$11,640,250
C
NMC
UFA - 1
$6,962,366$6,962,366
RW
NMC
UFA - 1
$5,500,000$5,500,000
LW, RW
NMC
UFA - 1
$11,000,000$11,000,000
C, LW
NMC
UFA - 2
$10,903,000$10,903,000
RW
NMC
UFA - 2
$796,667$796,667
LW, RW
RFA - 1
$3,000,000$3,000,000
C, RW
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$2,100,000$2,100,000
RW, C, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$775,000$775,000
LW, RW
RFA - 1
$2,400,000$2,400,000
C
M-NTC
UFA - 4
$762,500$762,500
RW, LW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$7,500,000$7,500,000
LD
NMC
UFA - 7
$5,000,000$5,000,000
LD/RD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$3,550,000$3,550,000
G
UFA - 1
$2,000,000$2,000,000
LD/RD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
Logo of the Calgary Flames
$1,875,000$1,875,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$766,667$766,667
G
RFA - 2
$800,000$800,000
LD
UFA - 1
Logo of the Philadelphia Flyers
$2,650,000$2,650,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$1,400,000$1,400,000
RD
RFA - 1
$5,625,000$5,625,000
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$775,000$775,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$4,687,500$4,687,500
G
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$4,150,000$4,150,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Nov. 28, 2023 at 3:20 p.m.
Quoting: KingofRnR
Give me a break lol. Only morons use logic like that. Go get Schenn or Lyubushkin then, I bet they cost more than a 3rd too. They're both also small fractions of the player Zadorov is

What a stupid post, you should kick yourself for being so dumb

dude, it is literally your logic "he'd be on the leafs 2nd pair so he's a 2nd pairing defender" is literally your argument here. If you dont like having stupid arguments used against you then dont use stupid arguments.
RipNasty liked this.
Nov. 28, 2023 at 3:29 p.m.
Rip
I find it absolutely hilarious that you truly think you actually have a clue what you're talking about, when you're clearly just guessing and never provide anything to back up or support your position...

And then you try to lift yourself up above me as being more mature and reasonable, when you're the one who always starts with the insults or tantrums, to which I just mirror your attitude to give you a little taste of what you're putting out there, except I'm much better and completely shut down and finish the conversation every time. You get a fresh start on each new thread and start this all over again, until I wrap you up like the piece of trash you are and toss you in the garbage where you belong, only to have you meltdown and throw an absolute tantrum, hissy fit and insult fest. Look in the mirror Rippy, you're exactly what you just tried to describe me as and you're so obsessed with me and trying to bring me down, you just keep coming back and I just keep smashing and slapping you around. At some pint you have to realize your insane, right!? You're never gonna get a better result or win these annoying banter sessions with me, you need to go down a few levels and find easy bait and work your way back up

You want to talk Hockey!? You never answer questions or provide anything to support your position or arguments, I do. Look at Zadorov's on ice Stats from before and after he joined the Flames, especially his SF%, CF% and xGF%: Zadorov Natural Stat Trick

Look how well he's produced offensively with such little ice time playing on the 3rd line and carrying guys like Gudbranson, Michael Stone, Dennis Gilbert, Jordan Oesterle and Dennis DeSimone, because he's certainly not taking away ice time from Andersson, Weegar, Hanifin of Tanev. When he does play 2LD for us with Tanev or Weegar, he's excellent and gets to play how he wants, without having to worry about covering for the other guy. Since his Agent threw him in front of the bus with that Trade suggestion Tweet, he's embarrassed and lost out there and in a slump, but again, he's playing with AHL'ers for Partners as well

Put Zadorov on the Top Pairing ad on the Power Play (right in front of the net actually) and I bet he WAY out produces Chiarot and comes close to Chara like Offensive Stats. He's definitely nowhere as good defensively as Chara, but come the Playoffs, he doesn't need to shut down Top-6 Players, he'll simply lay or put them out with open ice hits or bone crushing board checks, in which I guarantee they won't be skating though the neutral zone or trying to enter the o-zone without caution, pure fright and hesitancy. It completely throws them off their game

Now to your point about o-zone and d-zone faceoffs, if a player has 60% CF&SF%'s, it means the play is usually in the o-zone and thats where the play stops, hence why he has so many o-zone starts compared to d-zone starts. Zadorov's Hits are not going down because he's getting softer, it's because he doesn't need to hit so much, he's focussing on carrying the puck, driving the play and contributing offensively instead. You can say his 14 goals last year was pure luck, but he can carry the puck from end to end like a forward, take the puck to the net and he has a career average shooting percentage of 6%, which is phenomenal for a Defensemen

Zadorov is Younger & Better than Chiarot and Savard were when they were Traded and clearly TOR Fans are desperate and drooling at the idea of having him, but so are a ton of other Teams, so we'll sit, wait, be patient while the offers come in and we'll move him at the Deadline for what TOR Fans will cry and whine was a universally panned terrible overpay

I don't hate you, I just feel bad for you, especially because you think & believe you know what you're talking about. Thinking you are more reasonable, rational and mature than me is a joke as well. Sure, I lower myself to your level and wrestle you in the gross dirty little pig ben you love to live in and thrive upon, but that's because I'm not gonna let some rat little weasel like you talk down to me and get away with it. If you're good to me, I'll be gold to you. If you poke or agitate me, I'm gonna bite you like a Rattlesnake or Cobra and watch you wince, tremor and roll around in pain to a very slow and painful death

Zadorov has never played 20 minutes a night over a full season. Averages less than 18 in Calgary. He moves up when injuries happen and doesn't get completely wrecked but it's a downgrade when he's in your top 4. Which is why Calgary plays Hanifin, Tanev, Anderson and Weegar over him. Proof once again that he is a 3rd pair defenceman.

You have mentioned how he's a good goal scorer but his only season with a high number of goals (last season) he shot at double his career shooting percentage which makes it unsustainable. He has never scored more than 22 points in a season so he offer very little offence.

Using natural statrick, he has a lot of good numbers but there are some numbers that tell a much different story than you want us to believe. Either you ignore them (most likely) or you just don't get the stats. In any case I'll dive in.

He's operating at a 37% goals for rating this season. Not great. While he gets favorable matchups he goes from very good in a scoring chance for percentage to just above 50% when it comes to high danger chances for. Which does run well with his reputation of chasing hits and leaving himself out of position at times.

All in all from the advanced stats to his time on ice to literal what everyone in the world knows about this guy. He's a 3rd pair guy. That's what he is and what he always has been and always will be. A good one no question. But you really need to come to grips with that. Considering McCabe has a better reputation and was had 50% retained with 2 more years of term for a 1st and a 3rd. Temper your expectations, a lesser player who's a rental (I actually don't believe he's a lesser player, I think they are the same McCabe should be 3rd pair as well) isn't getting more than McCabe got.

It's very simple.
Nov. 28, 2023 at 3:33 p.m.
TrevorA
Quoting: JaredOfLondon
dude, it is literally your logic "he'd be on the leafs 2nd pair so he's a 2nd pairing defender" is literally your argument here. If you dont like having stupid arguments used against you then dont use stupid arguments.

I stated a fact. Only morons and slippery little weasels/rats like you try to use stupid logic and twist what other ppl say
Nov. 28, 2023 at 3:34 p.m.
TrevorA
Quoting: RipNasty
Zadorov has never played 20 minutes a night over a full season. Averages less than 18 in Calgary. He moves up when injuries happen and doesn't get completely wrecked but it's a downgrade when he's in your top 4. Which is why Calgary plays Hanifin, Tanev, Anderson and Weegar over him. Proof once again that he is a 3rd pair defenceman.

You have mentioned how he's a good goal scorer but his only season with a high number of goals (last season) he shot at double his career shooting percentage which makes it unsustainable. He has never scored more than 22 points in a season so he offer very little offence.

Using natural statrick, he has a lot of good numbers but there are some numbers that tell a much different story than you want us to believe. Either you ignore them (most likely) or you just don't get the stats. In any case I'll dive in.

He's operating at a 37% goals for rating this season. Not great. While he gets favorable matchups he goes from very good in a scoring chance for percentage to just above 50% when it comes to high danger chances for. Which does run well with his reputation of chasing hits and leaving himself out of position at times.

All in all from the advanced stats to his time on ice to literal what everyone in the world knows about this guy. He's a 3rd pair guy. That's what he is and what he always has been and always will be. A good one no question. But you really need to come to grips with that. Considering McCabe has a better reputation and was had 50% retained with 2 more years of term for a 1st and a 3rd. Temper your expectations, a lesser player who's a rental (I actually don't believe he's a lesser player, I think they are the same McCabe should be 3rd pair as well) isn't getting more than McCabe got.

It's very simple.

The only thing simple around here are you and @JaredofLondon lol

I don’t know why I continue to give you any of my time… you two are a completely lost cause and waste of time

Goodbye 👋
Nov. 28, 2023 at 3:37 p.m.
I stated a fact. Only morons and slippery little weasels/rats like you try to use stupid logic and twist what other ppl say

lol, it is always amusing how people react this exact same way when they get their own terrible logic used against them.
Nov. 28, 2023 at 4:03 p.m.
TrevorA

Quoting: JaredOfLondon
lol, it is always amusing how people react this exact same way when they get their own terrible logic used against them.

Except that wasn’t my logic, now you’re just making things up 🤦‍♂️

That was YOUR dumb ass backwards logic, not mine and that’s why I’m both annoyed by and done with you

You’re not here to talk logic or hockey anyways, you’re just here to troll and insult; that part is quite clear and I’m not playing that game with you. I have far better things to do lol
Nov. 28, 2023 at 4:11 p.m.

That was YOUR dumb ass backwards logic, not mine and that’s why I’m both annoyed by and done with you

You’re not here to talk logic or hockey anyways, you’re just here to troll and insult; that part is quite clear and I’m not playing that game with you. I have far better things to do lol

sure thing champ, what ever helps you sleep at night
Nov. 28, 2023 at 5:43 p.m.
Rip
The only thing simple around here are you and JaredofLondon lol

I don’t know why I continue to give you any of my time… you two are a completely lost cause and waste of time

Goodbye 👋

So you didn't read a word, I would say I am surprised but we all know you get sensitive as soon as anyone provides any real information that makes your opinion look silly. It's not hard to do but it's always fun watching some meat head act all tough and then whine like a toddler when he doesn't get his way.
Nov. 28, 2023 at 5:49 p.m.
TrevorA
Quoting: RipNasty
So you didn't read a word, I would say I am surprised but we all know you get sensitive as soon as anyone provides any real information that makes your opinion look silly. It's not hard to do but it's always fun watching some meat head act all tough and then whine like a toddler when he doesn't get his way.

Nope, nothing you say is of any interest or value to me

Believe whatever you want Rippy, but all you are doing with this post is whining…

Give it a rest and get off by leg already!
RipNasty liked this.
Nov. 28, 2023 at 5:52 p.m.
Hello old friend. Seems like you think Danny Briere is playing v1 if you think Walker is only going to get a 3rd. Let's bump it up to a 1st rounder or 2nd + prospect, eh?
Nov. 29, 2023 at 10:19 a.m.
Leafs going to Leafs
McCabe sucks dude, that’s why Leafs Fans are constantly Trading for Big-Z and Tanev and inserting them above McCabe in their lineup’s. Here’s what TOR’s depth chart would look like:

Reilly
Tanev
Brodie/Zadorov
Giordano
Liljegren
Timmins
McCabe
Benoit
Lagesson

I'm not going to inject on Z's value and stuff... (Although I will keep this as a watched thread lol)... But on the depth chart... It's more likely to look like this:
Reilly
Z/McCabe
Tanev/Brodie
Lilly
Gio
Timmins
Benoit
Lagesson

Having 2 clones of each other, as in Tanev and Brodie, lower each other's position in the depth chart...

And yes, a hit like this:
is considered bone crushing... And yes, IMO, the bone crushers go higher in the depth chart than the 'smart' defensive defenders bc I like fun
Nov. 29, 2023 at 2:35 p.m.
TrevorA
Quoting: Leafsfan98
I'm not going to inject on Z's value and stuff... (Although I will keep this as a watched thread lol)... But on the depth chart... It's more likely to look like this:
Reilly
Z/McCabe
Tanev/Brodie
Lilly
Gio
Timmins
Benoit
Lagesson

Having 2 clones of each other, as in Tanev and Brodie, lower each other's position in the depth chart...

And yes, a hit like this: is considered bone crushing... And yes, IMO, the bone crushers go higher in the depth chart than the 'smart' defensive defenders bc I like fun

Tanev is substantially Better Defensively than Brodie (who's lost a step) and Zadorov's Better Offensively than Brodie is now too

McCabe is probably better defensively than Zadorov, but Zadorov's the total package. That McCabe hit was more of a brush and elbow than a body to body hit. Zadorov would have absolutely launched Eyssimont in to another universe there. McCabe's checks have no sting, the best thing he does is Block Shots and again, that's because the play is in the wrong end when he's on the ice

But I do get your point and appreciate your opinion and post none the less
Nov. 29, 2023 at 5:11 p.m.
Leafs going to Leafs
Tanev is substantially Better Defensively than Brodie (who's lost a step) and Zadorov's Better Offensively than Brodie is now too

McCabe is probably better defensively than Zadorov, but Zadorov's the total package. That McCabe hit was more of a brush and elbow than a body to body hit. Zadorov would have absolutely launched Eyssimont in to another universe there. McCabe's checks have no sting, the best thing he does is Block Shots and again, that's because the play is in the wrong end when he's on the ice

But I do get your point and appreciate your opinion and post none the less

It's really so close between Brodie and Tanev, it's not worth arguing over

And Z and McCabe excel in 2 different areas but are both heavy hitters, which is why I classified them in the same bracket...

But thanks!
Nov. 30, 2023 at 6:03 p.m.
V5 PHI GM and BOG
@wranglerwranglin yeah might want to remove that homer cap
Nov. 30, 2023 at 6:08 p.m.
Leafs going to Leafs
Quoting: Gronk
wranglerwranglin yeah might want to remove that homer cap

Why?
Nov. 30, 2023 at 6:10 p.m.
V5 PHI GM and BOG
Why?

He thought Zadorov would fetch a 1st+ and he just got traded for a 3rd in 3 years🤣
Nov. 30, 2023 at 6:10 p.m.
Leafs going to Leafs
He thought Zadorov would fetch a 1st+ and he just got traded for a 3rd in 3 years🤣

Just saw it... Why couldn't the Leafs have offered more? BC of the needed retention?
Nov. 30, 2023 at 6:12 p.m.
V5 PHI GM and BOG
Just saw it... Why couldn't the Leafs have offered more? BC of the needed retention?

No clue, fair price for a middle pairing player. I’d now shift to Tanev/Walker/Borgen
Leafsfan98 liked this.
Nov. 30, 2023 at 6:13 p.m.

Point out where I said that…
Nov. 30, 2023 at 6:14 p.m.

lol, lmao
Gronk liked this.
Nov. 30, 2023 at 6:15 p.m.
V5 PHI GM and BOG
Quoting: WranglerWranglin
Point out where I said that…

Laughed at my offer that was tripe what u got🤣
Nov. 30, 2023 at 6:17 p.m.
Laughed at my offer that was tripe what u got🤣

Never talked about the value of your offer.. not once, still waiting for you to point that out. Anruzzese and Timmens are stupid fits for the Flames, your trade is still bad. Does this not reflect poorly on your valuation of players??

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll