SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Mock-Draft

2020 redraft because we are finally starting to make sense of it all

2020 redraft because we are finally starting to make sense of it all

Draft Class: 2020
Created By: Logicalicesports
Published: Dec. 18, 2023 at 1:27 p.m.
ROUND 1TEAMORIGINALPLAYERDETAILS
1Logo of the New York Rangers-First overall has to be Jimmy Stu. The kid is electric and he will be one of the faces of the Senators for years to come.
2Logo of the Los Angeles Kings-Ottawa's fleecing of this draft continues as they land arguably the best two players in this draft at 3 and 5/ Sanderson already looks like a top defenseman in the NHL. 100% a top pairing guy and definitely top pairing on any team in the League.
3Logo of the Ottawa SenatorsLogo of the San Jose SharksRaymond seems to be the complete young package you would look for early in a draft. Raymond has everything you want, speed, hands, grit, a good wrist shot. He will be a top line nhler for a long time.
4Logo of the Detroit Red Wings-Being slightly on the smaller side does not seem to hinder Jarvis much in the NHL he is offensively talented with both passing and shooting and seemingly transitioned to the NHL with no issue what-so-ever.
5Logo of the Ottawa Senators-With JJ playing so well as of late its hard to see him going outside of the Top ten, sure five might be high but with his progression and his goal scoring touch he is no doubt a stud in the making. Easily will have his breakout year this year and seem like a massive steal.
6Logo of the Anaheim Ducks-Another stud defenseman in the making, Faber looks at home in the NHL and seems to be the anchor of the WIld blueline. A top tier two way defender that has talented offensive capabilities as well as strong defense to back it up.
7Logo of the New Jersey Devils-Byfield has really started to find his game and looks like a legit top ten pick now after he was looking like a bust for a couple years. His size and skill are combined really well and he will be a solid top 6 guy if he can keep this progression up.
8Logo of the Buffalo Sabres-Perfetti looks like the Jets young bright spot. He is really finding his touch in the NHL and he looks like he belongs in the top two lines every night. Great offensive abilities and hard to miss when watching the Jets.
9Logo of the Minnesota Wild-Askarov is one of the top two goalie prospects in the world. Himself and Wallstedt are arguably the best under 22 goalies who are looking to make the jump to the NHL. Askarov is very athletic and reads plays before they even happen. Being a right handed catching goalie is unique and he makes that an advantage for himself.
10Logo of the Winnipeg Jets-I believe Drysdale would be in the conversation with Sanderson and Faber if the kid could stay healthy. He has amazing talent but he isn't able to show it from the press box with all the injuries he has dealt with.
11Logo of the Nashville Predators-Laf just can't seem to find his game, everyone was happy to see him off to a better start this season but it has slowed as of late and he is still lackluster for a first overall selection. His development was mishandled no doubt and he just doesn't seem to be gelling in NY. I believe its time for the Rangers to move him and see if he can find his career elsewhere.
12Logo of the Florida Panthers-Once Quinn becomes healthy again he will be wheeling and dealing once again, great offensive presence, I just want to see more from him before I put him over some of these guys.
13Logo of the Carolina HurricanesLogo of the Toronto Maple LeafsLundell started his career off incredibly but lately he has looked like he has taken a step back from his rookie season. Still a great two way center but after that rookie year the expectations went through the roof and he hasn't been able to live up to that just yet.
14Logo of the Edmonton Oilers-
Devon Levi (+198 )
Biggest steal of the draft comes six spots from the last selection. Devon Levi is looking like a starter in the making. Sure people were expecting more this season but he is still extremely young for a goaltender and developing his game. He will be a starter for a good amount of time.
15Logo of the Toronto Maple LeafsLogo of the Pittsburgh PenguinsMercer's impact has been immediate after coming into the league as a teenager. He is an offensive threat no matter where he is in the zone. Constantly improving and finding new levels to his game throughout the previous three years.
16Logo of the Montreal Canadiens-Back to Back devils selections. Holtz has gotten off to a much slower start than Mercer but he is starting to look like a 1st round selection. If New Jersey wasn't so deep Holtz would be getting more action and proving his draft position was a good selection for him.
17Logo of the Chicago Blackhawks-Rossi is showing us what the Wild scouts were so excited about in this kid. If he can keep his development up he will become the top line center the wild have needed for some time.
18Logo of the New Jersey DevilsLogo of the Arizona CoyotesGuhle is lookiing great in his second season with the NHL club. Hard working and talented defenseman that is becoming a staple on their blueline.
19Logo of the New York RangersLogo of the Calgary FlamesSecond season is looking much better than his first and he looked very good in his first season. This might go down as the Senators best draft ever.
20Logo of the New Jersey DevilsLogo of the Vancouver CanucksI got bored with this one and just finished out the first round with no more explanations lmfao
21Logo of the Columbus Blue Jackets-
22Logo of the Washington CapitalsLogo of the Carolina Hurricanes
23Logo of the Philadelphia Flyers-
24Logo of the Calgary FlamesLogo of the Washington Capitals
25Logo of the Colorado Avalanche-
26Logo of the St. Louis Blues-
27Logo of the Anaheim DucksLogo of the Boston Bruins
Nico Daws (+57 )
28Logo of the Ottawa SenatorsLogo of the New York Islanders
29Logo of the Vegas Golden Knights-
30Logo of the Dallas Stars-
31Logo of the San Jose SharksLogo of the Tampa Bay Lightning
Dec. 18, 2023 at 1:57 p.m.
Stovetop
Some of these are very reactionary to the start of this season, and some seem to be completely ignoring this season.

Schneider, Rossi, Mercer, Barron, and Byfield are way too low in my opinion.
mokumboi liked this.
Dec. 18, 2023 at 2:19 p.m.
Quoting: AStovetop
Some of these are very reactionary to the start of this season, and some seem to be completely ignoring this season.

Its a mixture of this season so far and pervious seasons, but it is in that really weird time where you are seeing more of these guys get to the NHL and more and more of them are proving their worth at this point in their career
Dec. 18, 2023 at 2:20 p.m.
ht42
Quoting: AStovetop

You just forget the most important one : Kaiden Guhle. Easily in the top 10.
Dec. 18, 2023 at 2:52 p.m.
Quoting: ht42

I honestly don't know about that, Defenseman wise Sanderson and Faber are much better at this point.

I would say all of the guys in the top 10 here I would take over Guhle
BigBadBurke and mokumboi liked this.
Dec. 18, 2023 at 6:50 p.m.
PittsburghModelMyAss
Quoting: Logicalicesports
I honestly don't know about that, Defenseman wise Sanderson and Faber are much better at this point.

I would say all of the guys in the top 10 here I would take over Guhle

Quoting: ht42

Yeah, i disagree. KG is good but not top-10 material. He was picked and is exactly where he shld be. Mid-first rounder
mokumboi and Logicalicesports liked this.
Dec. 18, 2023 at 11:43 p.m.
mokumboi
This is hella rough, man. And where's Neighbours?
Dec. 19, 2023 at 4:15 p.m.
Darkblade
Guhle and Mercer are too low imo, Mercer is also playing like 3rd line iirc due to devils top 6 being stacked, Guhle is prob top 10, im taking Guhle over Quinn, as much as it pains some, Drysdale too, even Lafreniere rn, but Byfield and Laf might be breaking out this year too who knows. Peterka over Mercer is also something worth noting, as Mercer last year was doing much better but ig this year he's worse than everybody this year. Perfetti also has like 3goals in the last 10gp, man's hot start might be done who knows
Dec. 20, 2023 at 12:30 a.m.
Quoting: BigBadBurke
Yeah, i disagree. KG is good but not top-10 material. He was picked and is exactly where he shld be. Mid-first rounder

I would pick Guhle over Askarov, Drysdale or Lafreniere.
Dec. 20, 2023 at 10:37 a.m.
PittsburghModelMyAss
Quoting: LIRIK
I would pick Guhle over Askarov, Drysdale or Lafreniere.

for the most part, as would id. but id also have him below greig, zary, neighbours, prob even lohrei and nikishin

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll