Salary Cap Mode: Accurate/Prorated
LTIR Enabled: No
Season Days: 192
Days Remaining: 121
Season Remaining: 63%
Projected Cap Hit Prior To Days Remaining Tooltip : $81,471,578
Description
Sens fans…

What is the current thoughts on Giroux? I know he has a full NMC and is from Ottawa, but how does that current stand? Despite his age, still think he’d be a good right handed playmaker in the top 6 for the Canes.
Trades
Buried
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the CAR
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
23$83,500,000$85,560,269$450,000$500,000-$2,060,269
Prorated Cap Hit

Roster

Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Carolina Hurricanes
$7,750,000$4,884,115
LW, RW
UFA - 6
$8,460,250$5,331,720
C
UFA - 1
Logo of the Ottawa Senators
$6,500,000$4,096,354
RW, C
NMC
UFA - 2
$5,400,000$3,403,125
LW, RW
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$4,820,000$3,037,604
C
UFA - 7
$3,000,000$1,890,625
RW
RFA - 1
$4,500,000$2,835,938
LW
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$925,000$582,943
C
RFA - 1
$894,167$563,511 (Performance Bonus$500,000$500K)
RW
RFA - 1
$1,800,000$1,134,375
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$2,900,000$1,827,604
C, LW
NMC
UFA - 4
$2,400,000$1,512,500
RW
NTC
UFA - 2
$800,000$504,167
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$762,500$480,534
LW, RW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$7,750,000$4,884,115
LD
UFA - 2
$5,280,000$3,327,500
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$2,000,000$1,260,417
G
UFA - 4
$5,300,000$3,340,104
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$4,025,000$2,536,589
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$805,000$507,318
G
RFA - 2
$5,250,000$3,308,594
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$1,675,000$1,055,599
RD
UFA - 1
$762,500$480,534
RD
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$3,400,000$2,142,708
G
M-NTC
UFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Dec. 19, 2023 at 11:11 a.m.
Sens
he will probably retire in ottawa tbh, but don't see him being traded. best bet is to see what he does after his contract is up.
Green4D4 liked this.
Dec. 19, 2023 at 11:37 a.m.
Better ask for tarasenko. I bet he will be very excited to play with orlov.
Dec. 19, 2023 at 11:40 a.m.
Hurricane Waddell
I don’t see a scenario where the Canes give any major assets or the cap space for Tarasenko. Not a fit in my opinion.

Quoting: aktobos71
Better ask for tarasenko. I bet he will be very excited to play with orlov.
Dec. 19, 2023 at 12:30 p.m.
simply not happening, he'll almost certainly retire in Ottawa
BsInOttawa liked this.
Dec. 19, 2023 at 1:00 p.m.
... We're a "Team"..
I echo all the Sens fans here: he's not going anywhere.

He's been the most consistent forward since coming here. I doubt he waives for anything other than a real shot at the Stanley Cup. For a guy in the later half of his 30's, he's not showing his age very much. Once the Sens get organized structurally, both on the ice and off, his role and play will only improve the situation. So unless everything falls apart this year and the next, he won't be moving.
athrin and BsInOttawa liked this.
Dec. 19, 2023 at 1:12 p.m.
Edited Dec. 19, 2023 at 1:25 p.m.
Quoting: Green4D4
I echo all the Sens fans here: he's not going anywhere.

He's been the most consistent forward since coming here. I doubt he waives for anything other than a real shot at the Stanley Cup. For a guy in the later half of his 30's, he's not showing his age very much. Once the Sens get organized structurally, both on the ice and off, his role and play will only improve the situation. So unless everything falls apart this year and the next, he won't be moving.

"I doubt he waives for anything other than a real shot at the Stanley Cup"- Yah that would be the Hurricanes. The Hurricanes had a rough schedule to start the year with a lot of injuries but they are still cup contenders and the Hurricanes probably have the best roster on paper
Dec. 19, 2023 at 1:14 p.m.
Timmy Superstar
Giroux is our best player on and off the ice would be Jarvis ++
BsInOttawa liked this.
Dec. 19, 2023 at 1:24 p.m.
Quoting: mart

What are you smoking?... Timo Meier couldn't get Jarvis and Meier was a much more lucrative trade asset than Giroux (younger, RFA expiry). You'll probably get Necas and that's at the most
Dec. 19, 2023 at 1:29 p.m.
... We're a "Team"..
Quoting: seanrushton
"I doubt he waives for anything other than a real shot at the Stanley Cup"- Yah that would be the Hurricanes. The Hurricanes had a rough schedule with a lot of injuries but they are still cup contenders and the Hurricanes probably have the best roster on paper

Woah man, calm down. The guy asked hypothetically. I meant no offence by the comment, just given the reality of the situation, I doubt he waives for Carolina.

Best roster on paper...? Better than VGK? COL? NYR? BOS? LA? Let's slow the roll here.
BsInOttawa liked this.
Dec. 19, 2023 at 1:31 p.m.
... We're a "Team"..

Doubtful... it'll be picks and a prospect if they were to trade him. Jarvis is neither of those.
Dec. 19, 2023 at 1:33 p.m.
Woah man, calm down. The guy asked hypothetically. I meant no offence by the comment, just given the reality of the situation, I doubt he waives for Carolina.

Best roster on paper...? Better than VGK? COL? NYR? BOS? LA? Let's slow the roll here.

Yes they have the best roster top to bottom in the entire leauge...
The rangers are bunch of PP merchants with one good line at 5v5 and a great goaltending. At 5v5 the rangers are sub 50% for CF%, GF%, xGF%, HDC%
Boston has atrocious center depth and there is no way that your winning a cup with Pavel Zacha as your 1C and that bottom pairing is a concern
Colorado has iffy depth below the top six and top four
Vegas and Carolina are about the same but the Hurricanes have the best shut down line in hockey so I give the tie to them
And as for LA... i'm not sold on Cam Talbot and Pheonix Copley
Dec. 19, 2023 at 1:35 p.m.
I Love J Boqvist
Yes...
The rangers are bunch of PP merchants with one good line at 5v5 and a great goaltending
Boston has atrocious center depth and there is no way that your winning a cup with Pavel Zacha as your 1C
Colorado has iffy depth below the top six and top four
Vegas and Carolina are about the same but the Hurricanes have the best shut down line in hockey so I give the tie to them

I'd certainly say NJD has a better roster on paper but you guys have a fantastic system. Only team I don't want to play in the east
seanrushton liked this.
Dec. 19, 2023 at 1:39 p.m.
Quoting: dgibb10
I'd certainly say NJD has a better roster on paper but you guys have a fantastic system. Only team I don't want to play in the east

I think that would also be a fair comparison... I think the talent is about the same on each team it's just ours is much more defensively focused that yours is. I think that the Hurricanes system is uniquely designed to give teams like Jersey fits because we can match lines with your top six... i.e. at PNC we can just send Staal over the boards to suffocate a line
Dec. 19, 2023 at 1:46 p.m.
I Love J Boqvist
I think that would also be a fair comparison... I think the talent is about average on each team it's just ours is much more defensively focused that yours is

I think our top 6 on paper is a tier or 2 above yours. I think with Mcleod and Lazar on it our bottom line is better.

In terms of forwards it goes down to the 3rd line
Meier-Mercer-Holtz vs Martinook-Staal-Fast.
On paper that shouldn't even be close. But that canes line is dominant.

But I still have no idea how to evaluate/credit the individuals on the line. Like I don't think I'd go out and give fast or martinook a 4+ mill bag in UFA. But how they play on that line is worth 4+ mill.

Defensively I'd say Marino is comparable to Pesce with an edge to Pesce
Slavin-Burns again comparable to Siegs-Hamilton, with an edge to Slavin
Skjei>Bahl for sure, but I want the devs to get marcus pettersson, and then I think you could call that approximately even between the 2nd pairings
And in that case on paper I think I'd rather have Hughes-Nemec then Orlov-Chatfield.

Probably some homerism in there as well as it being tough to seperate the player from the system.
Dec. 19, 2023 at 2:11 p.m.
Timmy Superstar
What are you smoking?... Timo Meier couldn't get Jarvis and Meier was a much more lucrative trade asset than Giroux (younger, RFA expiry). You'll probably get Necas and that's at the most

Then your not getting Giroux
Dec. 19, 2023 at 2:11 p.m.
Timmy Superstar
Doubtful... it'll be picks and a prospect if they were to trade him. Jarvis is neither of those.

We don't want your overrated prospects
Dec. 19, 2023 at 2:12 p.m.
On the Rod Meal Plan
I think our top 6 on paper is a tier or 2 above yours. I think with Mcleod and Lazar on it our bottom line is better.

But I still have no idea how to evaluate/credit the individuals on the line. Like I don't think I'd go out and give fast or martinook a 4+ mill bag in UFA. But how they play on that line is worth 4+ mill.

Skjei>Bahl for sure, but I want the devs to get marcus pettersson, and then I think you could call that approximately even between the 2nd pairings
And in that case on paper I think I'd rather have Hughes-Nemec then Orlov-Chatfield.

Probably some homerism in there as well as it being tough to seperate the player from the system.

Honestly the thing holding back Fast is that he can't shoot to save his life. He's great defensively and quicker than his linemates but couldn't hit the side of a barn from the half wall.
Dec. 19, 2023 at 2:15 p.m.
Edited Dec. 19, 2023 at 2:20 p.m.

I think our fourth line beats yours... Bunting (30-6-13-19), Drury (31-4-7-11), and Noeson (31-9-10-19).
One of the hidden benefits to our lineup is that we have 8 guys who can play in the top six with absolutely no problem and not look out of place.

"But I still have no idea how to evaluate/credit the individuals on the line. Like I don't think I'd go out and give fast or martinook a 4+ mill bag in UFA. But how they play on that line is worth 4+ mill."- Fast and Martinook are good in that role because Rod sets them up to succeed but not asking them to do anything they aren't able to do... they don't play offense well but what they do well is shut opponents so that's what their job is.

I would also approximately say that your forwards are a little better than the canes at the moment and the Canes defensemen are a little better the Devils.
dgibb10 liked this.
Dec. 19, 2023 at 2:17 p.m.
... We're a "Team"..
We don't want your overrated prospects

1) I'm a Sens fan... but that comment is hilarious because I remember over valuing our prospects too...

2) Let's take a step back here and calm ourselves. Be realistic here and think... Giroux is older and is not nearly worth the price of Jarvis ++ and you know it. Regardless of his importance to the franchise or not, if he wants out, no one will give anywhere near that much to acquire him.
Dec. 19, 2023 at 2:26 p.m.
I Love J Boqvist
I think our fourth line beats yours... Bunting (30-6-13-19), Drury (31-4-7-11), and Noeson (31-9-10-19).
One of the hidden benefits to our lineup is that we have 8 guys who can play in the top six with absolutely no problem and not look out of place.

"But I still have no idea how to evaluate/credit the individuals on the line. Like I don't think I'd go out and give fast or martinook a 4+ mill bag in UFA. But how they play on that line is worth 4+ mill."- Fast and Martinook are good in that role because Rod sets them up to succeed but not asking them to do anything they aren't able to do... they don't play offense well but what they do well is shut opponents so that's what their job is.

I would also approximately say that your forwards are a little better than the canes at the moment and the Canes defensemen are a little better the Devils.

Is bunting down on the 4th line now? I thought he was still in the top 6 ngl

That might swing it. I still think McLeod is the best 4C in hockey tho, and Lazar has been fantastic. Bastian is missing a bit of juice.

What I want to do is move out Toffoli, Vanacek, Miller
Move in: Filip Gustafsson, Pettersson, and 1 or 2 of guys like Duhaime, Trenin, and Dickinson in.

Hughes-Haula-Bratt
Hischier-Palat-Mercer
McLeod-Meier-Holtz
Lazar-Trenin-Duhaime
Siegs-Hamilton
Pettersson-Marino
Hughes-Nemec
Gus
Schmid

Bahl
Bastian
Nosek as extras

I think that’s a lineup without any holes, and we’d probably only have to give up one 1st, and then some prospects/day 2 and 3 picks. We’d also basically be able to run back that same team for the next 3 years at least
Dec. 19, 2023 at 2:29 p.m.
Is bunting down on the 4th line now? I thought he was still in the top 6 ngl

That might swing it. I still think McLeod is the best 4C in hockey tho, and Lazar has been fantastic. Bastian is missing a bit of juice.

What I want to do is move out Toffoli, Vanacek, Miller
Move in: Filip Gustafsson, Pettersson, and 1 or 2 of guys like Duhaime, Trenin, and Dickinson in.

Hughes-Haula-Bratt
Hischier-Palat-Mercer
McLeod-Meier-Holtz
Lazar-Trenin-Duhaime
Siegs-Hamilton
Pettersson-Marino
Hughes-Nemec
Gus
Schmid

Bahl
Bastian
Nosek as extras

I think that’s a lineup without any holes

Yah bunting has been down on the fourth line. McLeod is a very good 4C... I really like his game.
I think your lineup work super well. I hope the Hurricanes do a bit of a shakeup... there are some prospects down in NCAA that I think should get an extended look up in the NHL.
Dec. 19, 2023 at 2:32 p.m.
I Love J Boqvist
Yah bunting has been down on the fourth line. McLeod is a very good 4C... I really like his game.
I think your lineup work super well. I hope the Hurricanes do a bit of a shakeup... there are some prospects down in NCAA that I think should get an extended look up in the NHL.

What do you think the canes do next year on D?

Im assuming
slavin-burns
Orlov-Morrow/Chatfield
??????-Morrow/Chatfield

Are peace and Skjei both probably gonna walk? Or bring 1 back?
seanrushton liked this.
Dec. 19, 2023 at 2:36 p.m.
What do you think the canes do next year on D?

Im assuming
slavin-burns
Orlov-Morrow/Chatfield
??????-Morrow/Chatfield

Are peace and Skjei both probably gonna walk? Or bring 1 back?

I think they'll bring back Skeji and do a sign and let Pesce walk. I also think that they'll try and probably fail to get William Nylander. I personally think that the pairings will be

Slavin-Burns
Skjei-Morrow
Orlov-Chatfield
dgibb10 liked this.
Dec. 19, 2023 at 2:37 p.m.
I Love J Boqvist
I think they'll bring back Skeji and do a sign and trade with Pesce to get a legit scorer. I personally think that the pairings will be

Slavin-Burns
Skjei-Morrow
Orlov-Chatfield

Rats I was hoping if Pettersson didn’t happen we could get Skjei in UFA maybe
Dec. 19, 2023 at 2:38 p.m.
Edited Dec. 19, 2023 at 2:46 p.m.
Rats I was hoping if Pettersson didn’t happen we could get Skjei in UFA maybe

I just don't see Don letting Skjei walk like he did Dougie... it might require a bit of an overpayement but with all the underpayment we have on the roster it'll be fine (I can think of at least three people locked to long-term deals who are underpaid by quite a bit). I think the biggest priority of the offseason will be locking up Seth Jarvis to a long term deal and giving Slavin a long-term deal... Jarvis has quietly become one of our best players on a nightly basis and I think it'll end up being a bargain by the team it reaches the end

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll