Forums/Armchair-GM

I Think Parayko Is Available

Created by: Ryno122
Team: 2023-24 Toronto Maple Leafs
Initial Creation Date: Dec. 19, 2023
Published: Dec. 19, 2023
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
Parayko was on the block last summer with teams wanting St Louis to retain salary. His deal is too long to retain on but perhaps St Louis would take some shorter term salary dumps in exchange?
Trades
TOR
  1. Parayko, Colton
Additional Details:
Zero retention
STL
  1. Hirvonen, Roni
  2. Reaves, Ryan
  3. Samsonov, Ilya
  4. Timmins, Conor
  5. Villeneuve, William
  6. 2024 1st round pick (TOR)
Additional Details:
Samsonov and Reaves are salary dumps. Value is in the 1st, Timmins, 2 prospects and clearing Parayko’s salary.
TOR
  1. Reimer, James ($750,000 retained)
Additional Details:
Trade happens if Detroit falls out of the playoff race
DET
  1. 2024 5th round pick (CGY)
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the NYI
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
22$83,500,000$83,106,450$0$0$393,550
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
$925,000$925,000
LW, RW
RFA - 2
$11,640,250$11,640,250
C
NMC
UFA - 1
$6,962,366$6,962,366
RW
NMC
UFA - 1
$5,500,000$5,500,000
LW, RW
NMC
UFA - 1
$11,000,000$11,000,000
C, LW
NMC
UFA - 2
$2,100,000$2,100,000
RW, C, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$796,667$796,667
LW, RW
RFA - 1
$3,000,000$3,000,000
C, RW
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$10,903,000$10,903,000
RW
NMC
UFA - 2
$775,000$775,000
LW, RW
RFA - 1
$2,400,000$2,400,000
C
M-NTC
UFA - 4
$762,500$762,500
RW, LW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$7,500,000$7,500,000
LD
NMC
UFA - 7
Logo of the St. Louis Blues
$6,500,000$6,500,000
RD
NTC
UFA - 7
$875,000$875,000
G
UFA - 1
$2,000,000$2,000,000
LD/RD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$1,400,000$1,400,000
RD
RFA - 1
$766,667$766,667
G
RFA - 2
$775,000$775,000
LD
UFA - 1
$5,000,000$5,000,000
LD/RD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
Logo of the Detroit Red Wings
$750,000$750,000
G
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$775,000$775,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$5,625,000$5,625,000
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$4,150,000$4,150,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$4,687,500$4,687,500
G
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$800,000$800,000
LD
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Dec. 19, 2023 at 1:40 p.m.
Parayko is not that guy. Average 2RD with a contract that will NOT age well. Could he fit what the Leafs need? Probably. But the cost to acquire him is way too high
palhal liked this.
Dec. 19, 2023 at 1:58 p.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Reaves is nothing for a cap bdump....just a 200,000 waive to the Marlies if needed. Samsonov isn't a necessary dump as he only has half a year left.
Parayko being 30 and with seven years left. may/may not be of value. Timmins has been playing well and is cheap. Yea Parayko is playing better now.
badoob liked this.
Dec. 19, 2023 at 2:05 p.m.
I think he is available too.
But not for any amount of cap dumps.
Dec. 19, 2023 at 2:07 p.m.
mokumboi
When do you guys join reality? At no time in his entire tenure has Parayko been on the block. And they have zero interest in "clearing his salary" - whatever it is you all think that means. End of story.

And on top of that, the offer listed above is horrid.
Dec. 19, 2023 at 2:07 p.m.
mokumboi
Quoting: MidnightRyder
I think he is available too.
But not for any amount of cap dumps.

Why would you think that exactly? Please do not encourage this stuff.
MoSeider53 liked this.
Dec. 19, 2023 at 2:08 p.m.
mokumboi
Quoting: badoob
Parayko is not that guy. Average 2RD with a contract that will NOT age well. Could he fit what the Leafs need? Probably. But the cost to acquire him is way too high

By what conceivable metric is Parayko a 2RD? He played the hardest minutes of any Dman in the entire league. And now, half the time, they're making him do that against top lines with the Blues 3rd and 4th lines. His hardest minutes got even harder.
MoSeider53 liked this.
Dec. 19, 2023 at 2:16 p.m.
Not sure why you would want him.

Even at the point of signing the extension he had regressed to the point of being overpaid and is still signed into his lates 30s

This is the new vlasic contract.
badoob liked this.
Dec. 19, 2023 at 2:19 p.m.
Quoting: mokumboi
By what conceivable metric is Parayko a 2RD? He played the hardest minutes of any Dman in the entire league. And now, half the time, they're making him do that against top lines with the Blues 3rd and 4th lines. His hardest minutes got even harder.

Just because he plays there doesn't make him a 1rd. He's been subpar at best the past few seasons playing top minutes against top comp. If his metrics aren't all that good in a 1RD role, then he's not a 1RD.

This narrative that's constantly spun by like the 3 blues fans on this site that Parayko is some never seen before elite DFD is played out. He's average. And his contract is brutal. Full NTC until he's 35 with a modified clause until he's 37. No thanks
Dec. 19, 2023 at 2:27 p.m.
Quoting: Black61

Even at the point of signing the extension he had regressed to the point of being overpaid and is still signed into his lates 30s

And when he's 35 Blues fans will still be yelling "but his minutes though!!!!"
Dec. 19, 2023 at 2:40 p.m.
Just because he plays there doesn't make him a 1rd. He's been subpar at best the past few seasons playing top minutes against top comp. If his metrics aren't all that good in a 1RD role, then he's not a 1RD.

This narrative that's constantly spun by like the 3 blues fans on this site that Parayko is some never seen before elite DFD is played out. He's average. And his contract is brutal. Full NTC until he's 35 with a modified clause until he's 37. No thanks

Parayko is painfully average for how much this guy glazes him
badoob liked this.
Dec. 19, 2023 at 2:43 p.m.
Quoting: dougford
Parayko is painfully average for how much this guy glazes him

You don't get it man, he's just too good right now
Dec. 19, 2023 at 2:45 p.m.
Why would you think that exactly? Please do not encourage this stuff.

I mean, everything is for sale at some point.
Dec. 19, 2023 at 3:09 p.m.
mokumboi
Quoting: MidnightRyder
I mean, everything is for sale at some point.

Okaaaay, but that's not what on the market means and we're not talking about the future.
MoSeider53 liked this.
Dec. 19, 2023 at 3:14 p.m.
Minor deal for this ACGM, but Detroit isn’t wasting a retention slot for that return when it could be better utilized for guys like Perron and Ghost.
Dec. 19, 2023 at 3:15 p.m.
mokumboi

He plays all of his minutes against opposing top lines. That's precisely what 1RD means. Not only that, but you guys NEVER watch him play while speaking with the strictest authority on his play all because you think you understand analytics. Dude has been top notch this season. After a rough 22-23 start that had nothing to do with his defending, he was excellent down the stretch. He was #1 among all NHL Dmen in goal share for the last five months of the 21-22 season. But you somehow think he's been subpar for years on end.

AND exactly no one, including me, acts like or says he's an elite Dman. Simply does not happen. You guys just make **** up, repeat it ad nauseum and pretend like it's established fact. And it almost never is. So many people here drunk on their own abject nonsense.
MoSeider53 liked this.
Dec. 19, 2023 at 3:16 p.m.
mokumboi
Quoting: Black61

Muh huh. And how many times have you watched him play this season?
MoSeider53 liked this.
Dec. 19, 2023 at 3:33 p.m.
He plays all of his minutes against opposing top lines. That's precisely what 1RD means. Not only that, but you guys NEVER watch him play while speaking with the strictest authority on his play all because you think you understand analytics. Dude has been top notch this season. After a rough 22-23 start that had nothing to do with his defending, he was excellent down the stretch. He was #1 among all NHL Dmen in goal share for the last five months of the 21-22 season. But you somehow think he's been subpar for years on end.

AND exactly no one, including me, acts like or says he's an elite Dman. Simply does not happen. You guys just make **** up, repeat it ad nauseum and pretend like it's established fact. And it almost never is. So many people here drunk on their own abject nonsense.

He plays in the 1RD role because Pietro is gone. Doesn't make him good in that role, which he isn't.

Great. He was good within a short few months over two seasons ago. What does that do for him now?

per this season, he's very mediocre. and the results aren't much different for last season.
Dec. 19, 2023 at 3:38 p.m.
He plays in the 1RD role because Pietro is gone. Doesn't make him good in that role, which he isn't.

Great. He was good within a short few months over two seasons ago. What does that do for him now?

per this season, he's very mediocre. and the results aren't much different for last season.
Dec. 19, 2023 at 3:42 p.m.
mokumboi

1 - He plays 1RD. Period. That was the point of contention. And you just admitted he plays 1RD. Whatever you think his real level is, that's irrelevant. He plays 1RD, so he's 1RD. It's not complicated.

2 - Saying he's been mediocre this season is another overt admission you don't actually know what you're on about. But whatever. You guys keep living on fantasy island, imagining that pundits like Dom have the smallest clue about Parayko. They don't. Simply reading analytics tells you nothing.
MoSeider53 liked this.
Dec. 19, 2023 at 3:46 p.m.
1 - He plays 1RD. Period. That was the point of contention. And you just admitted he plays 1RD. Whatever you think his real level is, that's irrelevant. He plays 1RD, so he's 1RD. It's not complicated.

2 - Saying he's been mediocre this season is another overt admission you don't actually know what you're on about. But whatever. You guys keep living on fantasy island, imagining that pundits like Dom have the smallest clue about Parayko. They don't. Simply reading analytics tells you nothing.

My point of contention is just because a player plays in the 1RD position, doesn't mean he has that skillset. I guess Fabbro must be a 1RD with that logic, or Gudas?

What differentiates the numbers from your 'absolute' eye test? Does the eye test of one homer dictate that the numbers that indicate he's been on a steady decline are WRONG? You throw a hissy fit every time somebody doesn't massively overrate your painfully mediocre and overpaid defenseman lol.

Saying we live in fantasy land is the pot calling the kettle black mi amigo. Parayko is average, it's living in a fantasy land to suggest otherwise.
Dec. 19, 2023 at 3:59 p.m.
mokumboi
My point of contention is just because a player plays in the 1RD position, doesn't mean he has that skillset. I guess Fabbro must be a 1RD with that logic, or Gudas?

What differentiates the numbers from your 'absolute' eye test? Does the eye test of one homer dictate that the numbers that indicate he's been on a steady decline are WRONG? You throw a hissy fit every time somebody doesn't massively overrate your painfully mediocre and overpaid defenseman lol.

Saying we live in fantasy land is the pot calling the kettle black mi amigo. Parayko is average, it's living in a fantasy land to suggest otherwise.

I'll ask again: how many times have you watched him play this season? Funny how almost no one ever answers that question.

Who said I only go by the eye test? I'm not the one basing my stance on limited info from one source. And it's seems ridiculous that I should need to explain to you that analytics are almost always on-ice numbers - as in there's five other dudes out there. It's not an individual stat. Or an objective one. Just reading analytics tells you nothing except maybe how good a team someone plays for.

And yet again, nobody including me throws any hissy fit because you don't massively overrate him. That's just another bowl of manufactured bull****. They do try to correct you when you say wildly incorrect stuff like he's a 2RD, he's been mediocre, he's terrible, his contract is an albatross, blah blah blah. These are all false, but everyone trying to educate you against your will is the problem here. That is the Jeremy Bracco of viewpoints.
Dec. 19, 2023 at 4:14 p.m.
I'll ask again: how many times have you watched him play this season? Funny how almost no one ever answers that question.

Who said I only go by the eye test? I'm not the one basing my stance on limited info from one source. And it's seems ridiculous that I should need to explain to you that analytics are almost always on-ice numbers - as in there's five other dudes out there. It's not an individual stat. Or an objective one. Just reading analytics tells you nothing except maybe how good a team someone plays for.

And yet again, nobody including me throws any hissy fit because you don't massively overrate him. That's just another bowl of manufactured bull****. They do try to correct you when you say wildly incorrect stuff like he's a 2RD, he's been mediocre, he's terrible, his contract is an albatross, blah blah blah. These are all false, but everyone trying to educate you against your will is the problem here. That is the Jeremy Bracco of viewpoints.

Who’s everyone trying to educate me? It’s always you and that one other Blues homer who can’t accept the fact that Parayko is mediocre lol. Everyone else knows it.

RAPM charts are individual player stats based on their performance. To say “oh but his team!” is a cop out people use when they can’t accept the fact that their player isn’t that good.

https://twitter.com/miketgould/status/1735532094372405442/photo/1

(Ignore the Huby chart) Parayko seems average to me lmao
Dec. 19, 2023 at 4:23 p.m.
mokumboi
Who’s everyone trying to educate me? It’s always you and that one other Blues homer who can’t accept the fact that Parayko is mediocre lol. Everyone else knows it.

RAPM charts are individual player stats based on their performance. To say “oh but his team!” is a cop out people use when they can’t accept the fact that their player isn’t that good.

https://twitter.com/miketgould/status/1735532094372405442/photo/1

(Ignore the Huby chart) Parayko seems average to me lmao

RAPM charts... tears of joy Dude. Those are on-ice stats. FCOL.

Yeah. You're right. Your un-educatable. Enjoy your impregnable takes, clear misunderstandings and brazen projectionist straw men. I'm gonna go get personally attacked for not massively overrating every Leafs prospect. As usual.
Dec. 19, 2023 at 4:26 p.m.
RAPM charts... tears of joy Dude. Those are on-ice stats. FCOL.

Yeah. You're right. Your un-educatable. Enjoy your impregnable takes, clear misunderstandings and brazen projectionist straw men. I'm gonna go get personally attacked for not massively overrating every Leafs prospect. As usual.

Is it not supposed to be on ice? Are we calculating his dressing room/60?

Seems to me you can’t accept the fact that your player isn’t that good, which isn’t a shocker considering you’re known to do so.
Dec. 19, 2023 at 4:31 p.m.
mokumboi
Is it not supposed to be on ice? Are we calculating his dressing room/60?

Seems to me you can’t accept the fact that your player isn’t that good, which isn’t a shocker considering you’re known to do so.

Says the guy throwing blatant falsehoods out left and right... your seems-meter needs to go to the shop.

Again, I am not putting up Parayko as elite. That's not what's happening here. You don't even understand the analytics you're using as your sole source (still waiting to hear how many times you've actually seen him play hockey).

So you don't know anything about Parayko except analytic numbers, which you don't understand, but I'm the crazy talker on the moon. Mmmnokaythen. Good luck with all that.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll