CGY
  1. Byram, Bowen
  2. Georgiev, Alexandar
  3. Johansen, Ryan
  4. 2024 1st round pick (COL)
Additional Details:
Calum Ritchie
COL
  1. Duclair, Anthony ($1,500,000 retained)
SJS
  1. 2026 2nd round pick (COL)
Additional Details:
Sean Behrens
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the COL
Logo of the SEA
Logo of the COL
Logo of the COL
Logo of the COL
Logo of the COL
Logo of the COL
Logo of the COL
Logo of the COL
Logo of the COL
Logo of the COL
Logo of the COL
Logo of the COL
Logo of the COL
Logo of the COL
Logo of the COL
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
22$83,500,000$79,912,500$637,500$0$3,587,500
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Colorado Avalanche
$6,125,000$6,125,000
RW, LW
NMC
UFA - 7
$12,600,000$12,600,000
C
NMC
UFA - 8
Logo of the San Jose Sharks
$1,500,000$1,500,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$4,500,000$4,500,000
LW, RW
NTC
UFA - 4
Logo of the Calgary Flames
$2,425,000$2,425,000
C, RW
UFA - 1
$9,250,000$9,250,000
RW, C
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$825,000$825,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$4,000,000$4,000,000
C, LW
UFA - 4
$1,050,000$1,050,000
RW, LW
UFA - 2
$2,500,000$2,500,000
LW
UFA - 6
$775,000$775,000
C, LW
UFA - 1
$775,000$775,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$825,000$825,000
LW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$4,100,000$4,100,000
LD
UFA - 1
$9,000,000$9,000,000
RD
UFA - 4
$6,000,000$6,000,000
G
NMC
UFA - 3
$5,000,000$5,000,000
LD/RD
UFA - 4
$1,125,000$1,125,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$775,000$775,000
G
UFA - 1
$775,000$775,000
LD
UFA - 1
$4,500,000$4,500,000
RD
NTC
UFA - 3
$850,000$850,000
RD
RFA - 2
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$7,000,000$7,000,000
LW, C
NMC
UFA - 6
$2,000,000$2,000,000
G
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Dec. 29, 2023 at 10:27 a.m.
Pretty crazy proposal. I think getting Byram would be a huge W for Calgary. Main issue here is the Flames would be putting nearly all their eggs in 1 basket here and would the cap even work next year for the Avs? Markstrom waiving is also iffy, not sure he will want to uproot his family after just buying a house and having his first kid less than a year ago. But he may to continue playing with Lindholm idk.

I would like to hear the opinions from some Colorado fans though. If there is even a chance of Byram being available that doesn't involve Calgary sending back relevant futures Calgary should absolutely listen
Dec. 29, 2023 at 10:47 a.m.
and proud of it
Oh gosh. What have you done?
MeetYourMakar, turtlemountain, TJTwolf and 1 other person liked this.
Dec. 29, 2023 at 11:02 a.m.
Quoting: Ledge_And_Dairy
Pretty crazy proposal. I think getting Byram would be a huge W for Calgary. Main issue here is the Flames would be putting nearly all their eggs in 1 basket here and would the cap even work next year for the Avs? Markstrom waiving is also iffy, not sure he will want to uproot his family after just buying a house and having his first kid less than a year ago. But he may to continue playing with Lindholm idk.

I would like to hear the opinions from some Colorado fans though. If there is even a chance of Byram being available that doesn't involve Calgary sending back relevant futures Calgary should absolutely listen

To be happy moving Byram, Lindy would need to be extended at a sub 7m cap hit to the Avs (not likely, I know). I think Markstrom for Georgiev is a neutural move but closer to a down grade before factoring in cap increase. Trust the devil you know kind of thing.. Not sure how well your prospects are coming along to really target one to add.
Sorry if it sounds excessive but, you asked lol.
TJTwolf and SomeonesOffended liked this.
Dec. 29, 2023 at 11:14 a.m.
Quoting: MeetYourMakar
To be happy moving Byram, Lindy would need to be extended at a sub 7m cap hit to the Avs (not likely, I know). I think Markstrom for Georgiev is a neutural move but closer to a down grade before factoring in cap increase. Trust the devil you know kind of thing.. Not sure how well your prospects are coming along to really target one to add.
Sorry if it sounds excessive but, you asked lol.

Lindholm can absolutely be extended. The negotiations are entirely on your end though and that should not have a major affect on the trade itself unless he simply won't sign.

Markstrom had 1 down season but has been for the most part excellent this year. If you consider that a downgrade I would have zero issue removing them from a swap.
SomeonesOffended liked this.
Dec. 29, 2023 at 11:24 a.m.
Lindholm can absolutely be extended. The negotiations are entirely on your end though and that should not have a major affect on the trade itself unless he simply won't sign.

Markstrom had 1 down season but has been for the most part excellent this year. If you consider that a downgrade I would have zero issue removing them from a swap.

That's my issue with a Lindy trade including Byram. If Lindy is going to cost 7m+, the Avs can't afford him and will just be trading Byram for a couple rentals. Because I don't see Lindy signing even an 8 year deal in the 6s, the Flames would need to retain on his next deal or produce some blackmail the avs can use to get him sub 7m lol. All in all I can't see a team offering a Byram level trade chip or even trade involving Byram with the flames that both fan bases could live with or there's a precedent for. Edmonton with RNH (no rumours) would be more acceptable.
TJTwolf and SomeonesOffended liked this.
Dec. 29, 2023 at 11:29 a.m.

Imho, Colorado isn't trading Byram for the guys Calgary has available (i.e. short term fixes that will demand big contracts next year). It just doesn't make sense to move such a long term piece for someone in that stage of their career, when they aren't even on a longer (and good value) deal.

Now if a young 2C is somehow available, Byram could be on the table. But aside from that, I just don't see him being moved.
Dec. 29, 2023 at 12:16 p.m.
Au-revoir Dorion
That's my issue with a Lindy trade including Byram. If Lindy is going to cost 7m+, the Avs can't afford him and will just be trading Byram for a couple rentals. Because I don't see Lindy signing even an 8 year deal in the 6s, the Flames would need to retain on his next deal or produce some blackmail the avs can use to get him sub 7m lol. All in all I can't see a team offering a Byram level trade chip or even trade involving Byram with the flames that both fan bases could live with or there's a precedent for. Edmonton with RNH (no rumours) would be more acceptable.

Just as an outsider, would he really not look at signing 6ish m x 8 years?
Dec. 29, 2023 at 12:27 p.m.
Quoting: Borocop

It's all gossip so who knows. I've heard reports he turned down 9m, tbh that might have been Hannafin. I don't retain too much Flames news. Maybe that was more turning down Calgary than the money.
Borocop liked this.
Dec. 29, 2023 at 1:01 p.m.
Quoting: Borocop

Almost certainly not. He will be looking at the Horvat deal minimum. Lindholm has no puck luck this year which is really hurting his actual production (8.7 s%). Even if you raise it up to his 12% from last year, which is still low for his standards, he would have 3 more goals and be leading the Flames in points right now. I think it's worth noting that Calgary's powerplay has been bottom of the league this year, sitting at an abysmal 12.3%. To elaborate on this only 2 teams have had a PP% below the Flames current one over the previous 3 seasons. Detroit and Anaheim during the 20/21 season, sitting at 11.4% and 8.9% respectively. Mind you Calgary is not the only team with a struggling powerplay this year, 5 teams have a 12.3% or below currently.
Borocop liked this.
Dec. 29, 2023 at 1:04 p.m.

Taking on RyJo would not be an issue if that were to make the cap work? He may end up signing for 8x8 but a safe bet is Lindholm will get 8.5M. Obviously Calgary would never sign him and then retain on him for 8 years though. I think the big if factor is Landeskog though, if he is going to return then the cap is very difficult. If he is done then it is not
MeetYourMakar liked this.
Dec. 29, 2023 at 1:22 p.m.
Taking on RyJo would not be an issue if that were to make the cap work? He may end up signing for 8x8 but a safe bet is Lindholm will get 8.5M. Obviously Calgary would never sign him and then retain on him for 8 years though. I think the big if factor is Landeskog though, if he is going to return then the cap is very difficult. If he is done then it is not

In the end I think a deal not involving Byram is the easiest to get done between the two teams. Hope you guys get something you're happy with and we get Lindy at good value.
Ledge_And_Dairy liked this.
Dec. 30, 2023 at 9:24 a.m.
Quoting: Anus_McLeod
Imho, Colorado isn't trading Byram for the guys Calgary has available (i.e. short term fixes that will demand big contracts next year). It just doesn't make sense to move such a long term piece for someone in that stage of their career, when they aren't even on a longer (and good value) deal.

Now if a young 2C is somehow available, Byram could be on the table. But aside from that, I just don't see him being moved.

I don’t think a Byram is a long term piece Makar will be making 12m+ a season shortly and they just committed long Term to Toews. The only way he is long term is if he is 3/4 type guy which only makes 4-6M and if that is the case he isn’t worth what Ave’s fans want for him

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll