Forums/Fauteuil - DG

New Years Wish List

Created by: TheDuminator
Team: 2023-24 Montreal Canadiens
Initial Creation Date: Jan. 1, 2024
Published: Jan. 1, 2024
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
Dach with top winger like Luz and Kakko for 2024-25.. If Kakko failed... Newhook/Anderson will take this spot
Trades
MTL
  1. Kakko, Kaapo
  2. 2024 2nd round pick (NYR)
NYR
  1. Monahan, Sean
  2. Ylönen, Jesse
  3. 2025 2nd round pick (MTL)
MTL
  1. Kuzmenko, Andrei
Additional Details:
Vans saves 2M for Petty in 2024-25
VAN
  1. Armia, Joel
  2. Barron, Justin
Additional Details:
Armia Salary need to be included.. Vans are getting as RHD better then Myers or Juulsen.
MTL
  1. 2024 3rd round pick (NJD)
Buyouts
Retained Salary Transactions
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the COL
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the NJD
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the SJS
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the WSH
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the DET
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
22$83,500,000$78,269,583$1,170,000$3,977,500$5,230,417
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Montreal Canadiens
$7,850,000$7,850,000
LW, RW
UFA - 8
$7,875,000$7,875,000
C
UFA - 7
$950,000$950,000 (Performance Bonus$3,500,000$4M)
RW, LW
RFA - 2
Logo of the Vancouver Canucks
$5,500,000$5,500,000
LW, RW
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$4,450,000$4,450,000
C
M-NTC
UFA - 2
Logo of the New York Rangers
$2,100,000$2,100,000
RW
RFA - 1
$5,500,000$5,500,000
RW, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 4
$1,700,000$1,700,000
C
UFA - 2
$897,500$897,500
LW, RW
RFA - 2
$812,500$812,500
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$775,000$775,000
C
UFA - 1
$6,500,000$6,500,000
RW, LW
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 4
$775,000$775,000
C, LW
RFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$4,875,000$4,875,000
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$3,500,000$3,500,000
RD
UFA - 2
$1,000,000$1,000,000
G
UFA - 1
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$420,000$420K)
LD/RD
RFA - 2
$766,667$766,667
RD
UFA - 2
$890,000$890,000
G
RFA - 2
$867,500$867,500 (Performance Bonus$57,500$58K)
LD
RFA - 2
$1,400,000$1,400,000
LD/RD
RFA - 2
$950,000$950,000
RD
RFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$3,362,500$3,362,500
C, RW
RFA - 3
$10,500,000$10,500,000
G
NMC
UFA - 3
$3,250,000$3,250,000
LW
UFA - 1
$2,900,000$2,900,000
C, LW
RFA - 4
$1,100,000$1,100,000
LW, RW
RFA - 2
$762,500$762,500
RD
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jan. 1 at 12:55 p.m.
There are more reliable Centers available for cheaper than Monahan, and Ylonen doesn’t fill a need on the Rangers’ roster. Rangers pass.
SomeonesOffended liked this.
Jan. 1 at 12:56 p.m.
Prime Primeau
Barron >>>> Kuzmenko
Jan. 1 at 1:02 p.m.
PDG over PDO
Canucks pass easily we aren't taking back Amria's cap, it's a non starter, Vancouver isn't looking to move Kuzmenko to begin with so trading him for an expensive ahl cap dump and a decent rhd prospect isn't getting the deal done, we rather just take our chance with Kuzmenko
mv21227 and remowilliams liked this.
Jan. 1 at 1:36 p.m.
Jesus Christ Is King
Quoting: Terrifiedofeveryone
There are more reliable Centers available for cheaper than Monahan, and Ylonen doesn’t fill a need on the Rangers’ roster. Rangers pass.

Name Them.
Statements like this have to be Qualified
We arent taking your lack of knowledge offered at more than face value.
But im open to debating those you says are available as of today that are better then Monahan

Friedman and Marek dont seem to agree.
Neither does any Hockey Writers Preview of upcoming Centers available.
Plenty of Taresenko type Wingers even some that can take draws
But most of the Center's you'd expect to be available are on teams actively competing for a playoff spot.
MTL and CGY are really the main 2 who have Centers that are declaring themselves Sellers regardless of standing position

We're at the point that everyone from The Athletic's Writers to Hockey Night in Canada Top On Air Personalities like Friedman to Habs only guys like Engles and Cowan all refute your claim.

I found a link with Pictures if that helps
Here's the assets that are confirmed for sale as of 2 weeks ago(new list comes out in 2 weeks)

https://thehockeywriters.com/nhl-trade-candidates-2023-24/
Jan. 1 at 1:40 p.m.
Quoting: theleano1
Canucks pass easily we aren't taking back Amria's cap, it's a non starter, Vancouver isn't looking to move Kuzmenko to begin with so trading him for an expensive ahl cap dump and a decent rhd prospect isn't getting the deal done, we rather just take our chance with Kuzmenko

First Barron is no more a prospect, he is a young established defenseman who have top 4 potential written all over him. Kuzmenko doesn’t hold that much value. Armia contract is bad but Mtl can just send him down.
Jan. 1 at 1:42 p.m.
Quoting: Billy316
Name Them.
But im open to debating those you says are available as of today that are better then Monahan

But most of the Center's you'd expect to be available are on teams actively competing for a playoff spot.
MTL and CGY are really the main 2 who have Centers that are declaring themselves Sellers regardless of standing position

We're at the point that everyone from The Athletic's Writers to Hockey Night in Canada Top On Air Personalities like Friedman to Habs only guys like Engles and Cowan all refute your claim.

Here's the assets that are confirmed for sale as of 2 weeks ago(new list comes out in 2 weeks)

Henrique and Wennberg are the two that I’m most interested in. I also didn’t say better, I said more reliable. For someone as condescending as you are, you seem to be struggle with reading comprehension.
Jan. 1 at 2:00 p.m.
Quoting: GuyGuyGuy
Barron >>>> Kuzmenko

I’d say they’re fairly close in value, Barron maybe a little more valuable. But then there’s the negative value of the 3.4M AHLer included in the trade
theleano1 and SomeonesOffended liked this.
Jan. 1 at 2:02 p.m.
Jesus Christ Is King
Quoting: Terrifiedofeveryone
Henrique and Wennberg are the two that I’m most interested in. I also didn’t say better, I said more reliable. For someone as condescending as you are, you seem to be struggle with reading comprehension.

Mature.
At least i know not to reason with you
Instead ill just state facts so the room can judge your version of Reality vs Facts
I mean i at least offered Facts and Sources for my Views
You argued the definition of a Word was on a broader Scope then i agree with as you called Unreliable Playoff Performers More Reliable then Monahan
(history speaks for itself)

Wait so you pick the guy who had all his Playoff success as a rookie
Knowing he's about to turn 34 with 0 points in the playoffs since over Monahan who has 21 in 30 games?

Wennberg has half the success Monahan does for double the money at 29 years old same as Monahan. . . .
Seattle is still in a playoff race right now which is why they wasted a pick on Tatar trying to spark things
Last season at this point everyone suggested they were sellers which turned out to be a lie
They're 6-0-2 with a 4 game Win Streak and on a 8 game points streak heading into tonight so counting them out makes absolutely no sense unless you dont follow the league or standings.
Jan. 1 at 2:03 p.m.
Prime Primeau
Quoting: mv21227
I’d say they’re fairly close in value, Barron maybe a little more valuable. But then there’s the negative value of the 3.4M AHLer included in the trade

Barron is worth more than a first and even more for Montreal, as he is currently their best RD prospect. Kuzmenko is barely worth a first, probably a second and a third. Armia isn’t too bad of a dump, considering his very cheap buyout. Fifth max. So it’s a second, a third and a fifth for a first +
SomeonesOffended and Billy316 liked this.
Jan. 1 at 2:14 p.m.
Canucks decline.
Kuzy is a keeper and Montreal can keep their young players.
Montreal has no interest on Kuzmenko.
This rumour is fake 😡
Billy316 liked this.
Jan. 1 at 2:38 p.m.
PDG over PDO
Quoting: Joblow
First Barron is no more a prospect, he is a young established defenseman who have top 4 potential written all over him. Kuzmenko doesn’t hold that much value. Armia contract is bad but Mtl can just send him down.

Vancouver isn't going to move Kuzmenko for scraps if he doesn't hold that much value Vancouver won't move him, like I said Barron is fine but not enough for Vancouver to Bite on a Kuzmenko trade, right now he'd be playing 3rd line minutes in Vancouver and realistically his whole tenure in Vancouver with Willander and Brzustewicz in the system, think the Canucks would want someone better than Barron if we are moving Kuzmenko
remowilliams and Billy316 liked this.
Jan. 1 at 3:06 p.m.
Quoting: theleano1
Vancouver isn't going to move Kuzmenko for scraps if he doesn't hold that much value Vancouver won't move him, like I said Barron is fine but not enough for Vancouver to Bite on a Kuzmenko trade, right now he'd be playing 3rd line minutes in Vancouver and realistically his whole tenure in Vancouver with Willander and Brzustewicz in the system, think the Canucks would want someone better than Barron if we are moving Kuzmenko

You out of your mine if you think a think will throw in a top 4 right handed defenseman in that deal.
Billy316 liked this.
Jan. 1 at 3:39 p.m.
Name Them.

No disrespect.Are these the same experts that did NOT pick the Canucks to be in first at christmas.They are not all experts.Some of them have never worn skates.You cant take their word at 100%.Maybe half of it is truth.Sad part is it sells tickets.
Billy316 liked this.
Jan. 1 at 3:46 p.m.
Mature.
At least i know not to reason with you
Instead ill just state facts so the room can judge your version of Reality vs Facts
I mean i at least offered Facts and Sources for my Views
You argued the definition of a Word was on a broader Scope then i agree with as you called Unreliable Playoff Performers More Reliable then Monahan
(history speaks for itself)

Wait so you pick the guy who had all his Playoff success as a rookie
Knowing he's about to turn 34 with 0 points in the playoffs since over Monahan who has 21 in 30 games?

Wennberg has half the success Monahan does for double the money at 29 years old same as Monahan. . . .
Seattle is still in a playoff race right now which is why they wasted a pick on Tatar trying to spark things
Last season at this point everyone suggested they were sellers which turned out to be a lie
They're 6-0-2 with a 4 game Win Streak and on a 8 game points streak heading into tonight so counting them out makes absolutely no sense unless you dont follow the league or standings.

I’m sorry that the estimations I’m making for fun on these pretend proposals have been having such an effect on you. Maybe you should try not taking it so seriously
remowilliams liked this.
Jan. 1 at 3:58 p.m.
Jesus Christ Is King
Quoting: remowilliams
No disrespect.Are these the same experts that did NOT pick the Canucks to be in first at christmas.They are not all experts.Some of them have never worn skates.You cant take their word at 100%.Maybe half of it is truth.Sad part is it sells tickets.

Fair point , they are Human
Doesnt mean this guys right
If we were to take odds on who was right more that dude offering nothing to the Conversation or Basically Every Analyst
I'd stick with Pro's 10/10

To me im not willing to undermine Facts to prove someone's fallible
Ofcourse they are fallible thats redundant to have to point out.
But are you suggesting this guy who's argument is someone who hasnt scored a Playoff Point since his Rookie years is more Reliable then Sean Monahan is valid?
I mean i agree with your point because you made it and backed it up
If i pressed you i know you'd continue to highlight why the rule has exceptions and that shhappy does happen.

But thats a far stretch from arguing baseless POV's and when pressed refusing to back them up.
You are the company you keep is all im saying
I generally agree with a lot of your post so its catching me a little off guard you'd back up someone offering nothing but excuses
Jan. 1 at 4:05 p.m.
Fair point , they are Human
Doesnt mean this guys right
If we were to take odds on who was right more that dude offering nothing to the Conversation or Basically Every Analyst
I'd stick with Pro's 10/10

To me im not willing to undermine Facts to prove someone's fallible
Ofcourse they are fallible thats redundant to have to point out.
But are you suggesting this guy who's argument is someone who hasnt scored a Playoff Point since his Rookie years is more Reliable then Sean Monahan is valid?
I mean i agree with your point because you made it and backed it up
If i pressed you i know you'd continue to highlight why the rule has exceptions and that shhappy does happen.

But thats a far stretch from arguing baseless POV's and when pressed refusing to back them up.
You are the company you keep is all im saying
I generally agree with a lot of your post so its catching me a little off guard you'd back up someone offering nothing but excuses

Im not backing anyone im just making a point about the Media and the so called Experts.just my opinions.
Billy316 liked this.
Jan. 1 at 4:11 p.m.
PDG over PDO
Quoting: Joblow
You out of your mine if you think a think will throw in a top 4 right handed defenseman in that deal.

I'm not saying a top 4 guy on top of Barron but if Kuzmenko will be traded it will be for a top 4 dman that is a top 4 guy right now I.e apart of a bigger package for a Rasmus andersson as an example
remowilliams liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll