Created by: SwarmChair
Team: 2023-24 Edmonton Oilers
Initial Creation Date: Jan. 4, 2024
Published: Jan. 4, 2024
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
The Oilers will be offloading the following to a rebuilding team:
2024 1st round pick
Former 1st Round Pick Philip Broberg (selected 8th overall 2019)
Former 1st round pick Xavier Bourgault (selected 22 overall 2021)

If you want this package of futures for your rebuild, you will need to take on 2.9Mx3 years of Bad Cap in Jack Campbell. Campbell can be buried in the minors for 3.9M AAV and Oilers will retain 1M per year making it 2.9M AAV of Bad Cap.

The highest offer takes the whole package. If you want to send bad cap back to Oilers in your offer, the Oilers need help at Middle 6 RW, mid pair RD, or in the backup goalie position.
Trades
EDM
    Your offer goes here. Hawks used as example team only.
    CHI
    1. Bourgault, Xavier
    2. Broberg, Philip
    3. Campbell, Jack ($1,000,000 retained)
    4. 2024 1st round pick (EDM)
    Buyouts
    Retained Salary Transactions
    DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
    Logo of the EDM
    Logo of the EDM
    Logo of the EDM
    Logo of the NSH
    Logo of the EDM
    Logo of the EDM
    Logo of the EDM
    Logo of the EDM
    Logo of the EDM
    Logo of the EDM
    Logo of the EDM
    Logo of the EDM
    Logo of the EDM
    Logo of the EDM
    Logo of the EDM
    Logo of the EDM
    Logo of the EDM
    ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
    21$83,500,000$79,674,167$850,000$3,225,000$3,825,833
    Left WingCentreRight Wing
    Logo of the Edmonton Oilers
    $5,125,000$5,125,000
    LW, RW
    NMC
    UFA - 3
    $12,500,000$12,500,000
    C
    NMC
    UFA - 3
    $5,500,000$5,500,000
    RW, LW
    NMC
    UFA - 5
    $5,125,000$5,125,000
    LW, C
    NMC
    UFA - 6
    $8,500,000$8,500,000
    C, LW
    M-NTC, NMC
    UFA - 2
    $807,500$807,500
    RW, C
    RFA - 1
    $2,750,000$2,750,000
    LW, RW
    UFA - 1
    $2,100,000$2,100,000
    C
    RFA - 2
    $1,000,000$1,000,000
    LW, RW
    UFA - 1
    $900,000$900,000
    C, RW
    UFA - 2
    $775,000$775,000
    RW, C
    UFA - 1
    $775,000$775,000
    LW, RW
    UFA - 1
    $775,000$775,000 (Performance Bonus$3,225,000$3M)
    RW, LW
    UFA - 1
    Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
    $9,250,000$9,250,000
    LD
    NMC
    UFA - 7
    $3,900,000$3,900,000
    RD
    RFA - 2
    $762,500$762,500
    G
    UFA - 1
    $6,000,000$6,000,000
    LD/RD
    UFA - 3
    $3,250,000$3,250,000
    RD
    UFA - 2
    $2,600,000$2,600,000
    G
    UFA - 3
    $2,750,000$2,750,000
    LD/RD
    UFA - 3
    $762,500$762,500
    RD
    UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
    • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
    Jan. 4 at 9:28 p.m.
    Banned
    Habs will take the full cap hit if you swap Broberg for Bourgault and won't send anything back.

if you want Armia or Allen we can add them for free if you want us to add Barron you can add Holloway
    SwarmChair liked this.
    Jan. 4 at 9:31 p.m.
    Curious for fun Reilly Smith?
    SwarmChair liked this.
    Jan. 4 at 9:36 p.m.
    Quoting: Campabee
    Habs will take the full cap hit if you swap Broberg for Bourgault and won't send anything back.

if you want Armia or Allen we can add them for free if you want us to add Barron you can add Holloway

Sorry I’m confused. Swap Bourgault for Broberg? Both are included in the offer already.
    Jan. 4 at 9:47 p.m.
    Quoting: pensgm
    Curious for fun Reilly Smith?

Interesting player for the Oilers. I like the playoff experience he brings and maturity. Can he play RW though or is mostly playing on the Left?

The only thing that would make this tough is Smiths cap hit. He isn’t worth his 5M any more, his pace is behind last years pace. But some small retention or cap balancing could make this work.
    Jan. 4 at 9:50 p.m.
    RecycleShark
    Sharks offer Kahkonen
    SwarmChair liked this.
    Jan. 4 at 10:07 p.m.
    Banned
    Quoting: SwarmChair
    Sorry I’m confused. Swap Bourgault for Broberg? Both are included in the offer already.

Lol, my apologies I didn't see Bourgault. Swap Broberg for the Oilers 2025 1st then, we just don't need any more LHD or LHD prospects
    SwarmChair liked this.
    Jan. 4 at 10:08 p.m.
    Quoting: RecycleShark
    Sharks offer Kahkonen

Interesting goalie option. Cap hit a bit high for what the Oilers are trying to do but it’s not bad.

Blackwood is slightly lower cap but signed for another year, what are your thoughts on Blackwood instead of Kahkonnen?
    Jan. 4 at 10:11 p.m.
    Lol, my apologies I didn't see Bourgault. Swap Broberg for the Oilers 2025 1st then, we just don't need any more LHD or LHD prospects

Are you talking about a no retention Campbell trade then? We kinda need that 2025 1st to shop for an upgrade once Campbell cap is freed up. So would rather keep Broberg in the deal.
    Jan. 4 at 10:17 p.m.
    RecycleShark
    Interesting goalie option. Cap hit a bit high for what the Oilers are trying to do but it’s not bad.

Blackwood is slightly lower cap but signed for another year, what are your thoughts on Blackwood instead of Kahkonnen?

They have both been good for the Sharks this year. Lately Kahkonen has been better. I offered Kahkonen instead of Blackwood because Kahkonen is a UFA and might not re-sign with the Sharks. He'd be more likely to re-sign with Edmonton. I'd take your offer for either Blackwood or Kahkonen, though.
    SwarmChair liked this.
    Jan. 4 at 10:29 p.m.
    Quoting: RecycleShark
    They have both been good for the Sharks this year. Lately Kahkonen has been better. I offered Kahkonen instead of Blackwood because Kahkonen is a UFA and might not re-sign with the Sharks. He'd be more likely to re-sign with Edmonton. I'd take your offer for either Blackwood or Kahkonen, though.

Thanks for the scouting report. I would consider both goalies too. Bit of a 50/50 call here, will come down to who is currently better and would be a better bet if Skinner starts to falter. Probably Kahkonenn then if you say he’s been the better of the two lately. Blackwood does have the lower cap hit though…

Another move the Oilers will be wanting to make is Ceci++ for an upgrade at RD. So maybe Blackwoods lower cap is needed at that point.
    Jan. 4 at 10:39 p.m.
    Dr_Invictus
    If Calgary sells all their UFAs, I'd take that deal.
    SwarmChair liked this.
    Jan. 4 at 10:39 p.m.
    Banned
    Are you talking about a no retention Campbell trade then? We kinda need that 2025 1st to shop for an upgrade once Campbell cap is freed up. So would rather keep Broberg in the deal.

Yes no retention, for future considerations
    SwarmChair liked this.
    Jan. 4 at 10:58 p.m.
    RecycleShark
    Thanks for the scouting report. I would consider both goalies too. Bit of a 50/50 call here, will come down to who is currently better and would be a better bet if Skinner starts to falter. Probably Kahkonenn then if you say he’s been the better of the two lately. Blackwood does have the lower cap hit though…

Another move the Oilers will be wanting to make is Ceci++ for an upgrade at RD. So maybe Blackwoods lower cap is needed at that point.

Kahkonen only $400k more.

How much would you give SJ to take Ceci off your hands. smile
    Jan. 4 at 11:06 p.m.
    Doesn’t sound like a recipe to keep McJesus. Already one of the worst prospect pools and you’re trading away 2 of your best + this year’s 1st. Quite a gamble
    Jan. 4 at 11:12 p.m.
    Laziest post ever
    Jan. 4 at 11:14 p.m.
    Quoting: MitchMafia
    Doesn’t sound like a recipe to keep McJesus. Already one of the worst prospect pools and you’re trading away 2 of your best + this year’s 1st. Quite a gamble

Winning is what will keep McJesus here. It’s a tough pill to swallow, but prospects, even first rounders will need to go for the cap flexibility needed to give McJesus and the Oilers the best chance to win within the next 2 years.

Oilers future is being is sacrificed here, so I see where you are coming from. But atleast most of the core is locked up.
    Jan. 4 at 11:16 p.m.
    Quoting: Dr_Invictus
    If Calgary sells all their UFAs, I'd take that deal.

It’d make sense if Flames are selling. Got anything useful to send back? Kahkkonen is on offer as a 1B/backup to take the deal from a sharks perspective.
    Jan. 4 at 11:23 p.m.
    Banned

Actually, we can even do this instead

2024 1st + Bourgault + Holloway + McLeod + Campbell for Evans + Kovacevic

Bourgault, Holloway and a 1st for Campbell, McLeod for Evans and Kovacevic. Benefits for Edmonton, gets rid of the Campbell deal, adds a depth forward who can play all 3 forward positions and a big, solid smart middle pairing RHD. Allows the Oilers to keep their 2025 and 2026 1st for goalie upgrade
    Jan. 4 at 11:30 p.m.
    Actually, we can even do this instead

2024 1st + Bourgault + Holloway + McLeod + Campbell for Evans + Kovacevic

Bourgault, Holloway and a 1st for Campbell, McLeod for Evans and Kovacevic. Benefits for Edmonton, gets rid of the Campbell deal, adds a depth forward who can play all 3 forward positions and a big, solid smart middle pairing RHD. Allows the Oilers to keep their 2025 and 2026 1st for goalie upgrade

I don’t mind Evans or Kovacevic. But Mcleod untouchable. He’s too important to ship off at this point, he’s about to pop if he hasn’t already, he can play top 6 wing and 3C. I honestly value Mcleod higher than a 1st, cause if offered a 1st for Mcleod I would say no.

Holloway looked like he was trending in the right direction right before injury. Oilers would like to see it through with this player this year and have him in the plans as a depth forward come playoff time.
    Jan. 4 at 11:38 p.m.
    Banned
    I don’t mind Evans or Kovacevic. But Mcleod untouchable. He’s too important to ship off at this point, he’s about to pop if he hasn’t already, he can play top 6 wing and 3C. I honestly value Mcleod higher than a 1st, cause if offered a 1st for Mcleod I would say no.

Holloway looked like he was trending in the right direction right before injury. Oilers would like to see it through with this player this year and have him in the plans as a depth forward come playoff time.

I figured as much on both lol, the thing is though I just don't see a scenario where Montreal would be willing to take Broberg since we are already too overloaded with LHD. So if we dropped one of Evans or Kovacevic, which of another 1st, Holloway or McLeod would you rather include in the deal? I think we have to be getting back at least 3 interesting peices for a deal to work.
    Jan. 4 at 11:42 p.m.
    Lets Get Kraken
    Neither Broberg nor Bourgault are worth firsts. Just because they were drafted in the 1st round, doesn’t mean they stay at 1st round pick value. A 1st and a pair of excess prospects isn’t that much value in order to take on Campbell, who is struggling in the AHL last I saw. At least one of those prospects needs to be changed to another 1st for any team to consider taking on Campbell.
    Jan. 5 at 12:14 a.m.
    I figured as much on both lol, the thing is though I just don't see a scenario where Montreal would be willing to take Broberg since we are already too overloaded with LHD. So if we dropped one of Evans or Kovacevic, which of another 1st, Holloway or McLeod would you rather include in the deal? I think we have to be getting back at least 3 interesting peices for a deal to work.

I see where you are coming from if your LHD pipeline is filled up. But the Oilers really don’t want to mess with what they have right now, the team is playing too well to mess with the active roster. Mcleod would be active roster. Holloway is in the plans for active roster as well, and should be getting back from injury within a week. At that point only the 25 1st or a prospect like Lavoie would be in the cards, but as mentioned to someone else earlier we’d like an significant upgrade on Ceci, so those assets might need to go with him. So I don’t think there’s a deal here for Oilers unless they can move the assets in my OP, as they are all non active roster prospects.
    Jan. 5 at 12:17 a.m.
    Quoting: evelutions2
    Neither Broberg nor Bourgault are worth firsts. Just because they were drafted in the 1st round, doesn’t mean they stay at 1st round pick value. A 1st and a pair of excess prospects isn’t that much value in order to take on Campbell, who is struggling in the AHL last I saw. At least one of those prospects needs to be changed to another 1st for any team to consider taking on Campbell.

Valuate them however you want and either make an offer or don’t. You don’t like the prospects that’s fine you can walk away, maybe other teams with different cap constraints will. For some teams 2.9M buried in the minors is worth a 1st plus some high pedigree prospects.

You are off on your evaluation of what it would take to move Campbell though. The closest comparable deal to Campbell is Peterson cap dump and that cost the kings some retention and only a 2nd++. This Oilers deal includes a retention as well and is offering a 1st++. Serravelli is also on record saying it would cost about 1 first to move Campbell considering LA’s deal.
    Jan. 5 at 12:17 a.m.
    Banned
    Edited Jan. 5 at 12:24 a.m.
    I see where you are coming from if your LHD pipeline is filled up. But the Oilers really don’t want to mess with what they have right now, the team is playing too well to mess with the active roster. Mcleod would be active roster. Holloway is in the plans for active roster as well, and should be getting back from injury within a week. At that point only the 25 1st or a prospect like Lavoie would be in the cards, but as mentioned to someone else earlier we’d like an significant upgrade on Ceci, so those assets might need to go with him. So I don’t think there’s a deal here for Oilers unless they can move the assets in my OP, as they are all non active roster prospects.

If you would like to include Ceci + the 2026 1st we can send back Barron instead of Kovacevic and you can keep Holloway and McLeod.

Edit*** so to lay it all out Bourgault + 2024 1st + 2025 1st for taking Campbell and Ceci + 2026 1st for Barron + Evans
    Jan. 5 at 1:07 a.m.
    Hawks offer Zaitsev and a microwave oven
    YeahRighttt and Garak liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
    Question:
    Options:
    Add Option
    Submit Poll