SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

NEW Predictions for next season in the NHL

Jul. 31, 2017 at 12:11 a.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: Pasta88Sauce
Quoting: rangersandislesfan

i mean Kesler, Perry, Bieksa, Boll, Ritchie, etc are all about bugging the other team, injuring players, etc.

so they are only trying to bug teams and not win games? shakes headshakes head. They didnt get worse. They are still a huge threat

that's pretty much how they win games ... but ARI's getting better, i think the Kings will be a bit better, CGY and EDM will be really good and San Jose's a great team so they won't make it in if you ask me.
Jul. 31, 2017 at 12:13 a.m.
giphy.gif
nobody, phillyjabroni and awatt liked this.
Jul. 31, 2017 at 12:14 a.m.
Quoting: Pasta88Sauce

so they are only trying to bug teams and not win games? shakes headshakes head. They didnt get worse. They are still a huge threat

that's pretty much how they win games ... but ARI's getting better, i think the Kings will be a bit better, CGY and EDM will be really good and San Jose's a great team so they won't make it in if you ask me.

Okay, first off there's zero chance LA or Arizona makes the playoffs. Second of all, San Jose isn't a good team at all. They struggled last year and lost Marleau (as well as Schlemko), and didn't replace them. They most likely won't make it either. Anaheim is a lock to make in the playoffs, whether you like it or not
Jul. 31, 2017 at 12:16 a.m.
Updated predictions:

Atlantic:
1 OTT 105
2 TOR 103
3 TBL 98
4 BUF 87
5 MTL 85
6 BOS 82
7 DET 78
8 FLA 70

Metropolitan:
1 PIT 118
2 WSH 110
3 NYI 100
4 NYR 99
5 CBJ 92
6 CAR 89
7 PHI 86
8 NJD 67

Central:
1 NSH 107
2 STL 100
3 MIN 90
4 WPG 90
5 DAL 88
6 CHI 88
7 COL 71

Pacific:
1 SJS 119
2 EDM 113
3 CGY 93
4 ARI 92
5 LAK 91
6 ANA 89
7 VAN 77
8 Vegas 59

Playoffs:
OTT - NYR - 4-2 NYR
TOR - TBL - 4-2 TBL
PIT - CBJ - 4-2 PIT
WSH - NYI - 4-1 WSH
NSH - ARI - 4-1 NSH
STL - MIN - 4-0 STL
SJS - LAK - 4-1 SJS
EDM - CGY - 4-3 EDM

TBL - NYR - 4-3 TBL
PIT - WSH - 4-3 WSH
NSH - STL - 4-1 NSH
SJS - EDM - 4-3 SJS

WSH - TBL - 4-1 WSH
SJS - NSH - 4-3 SJS

SJS - WSH - 4-2 WSH
Conn Smythe: Alex Ovechkin

The point total is just impossible and the predictions are just awful. Wait, Islanders with 100 points? Well, I'm not getting any sleep as I'll be puking my insides out for the rest of the night.
nobody, phillyjabroni, Pasta88Sauce and 2 others liked this.
Jul. 31, 2017 at 12:18 a.m.
Quoting: DavidBooth7

Okay, first off there's zero chance LA or Arizona makes the playoffs. Second of all, San Jose isn't a good team at all. They struggled last year and lost Marleau (as well as Schlemko), and didn't replace them. They most likely won't make it either. Anaheim is a lock to make in the playoffs, whether you like it or not

EDM, CGY, ANA in the Pacific in no order

STL, NSH, MIN, CHI, DAL/WIN in the central
nobody and phillyjabroni liked this.
Jul. 31, 2017 at 12:33 a.m.
Black Lives Matter

I don't mind the Ducks ... i just don't think they'll make it ... and LAK does have a superstar in Kopitar (who i think will play better), the best D-Man in the league, and a conn-smythe winning goalie. And either way they have a chance.
Jul. 31, 2017 at 12:38 a.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: boltscharge17
Updated predictions:

Atlantic:
1 OTT 105
2 TOR 103
3 TBL 98
4 BUF 87
5 MTL 85
6 BOS 82
7 DET 78
8 FLA 70

Metropolitan:
1 PIT 118
2 WSH 110
3 NYI 100
4 NYR 99
5 CBJ 92
6 CAR 89
7 PHI 86
8 NJD 67

Central:
1 NSH 107
2 STL 100
3 MIN 90
4 WPG 90
5 DAL 88
6 CHI 88
7 COL 71

Pacific:
1 SJS 119
2 EDM 113
3 CGY 93
4 ARI 92
5 LAK 91
6 ANA 89
7 VAN 77
8 Vegas 59

Playoffs:
OTT - NYR - 4-2 NYR
TOR - TBL - 4-2 TBL
PIT - CBJ - 4-2 PIT
WSH - NYI - 4-1 WSH
NSH - ARI - 4-1 NSH
STL - MIN - 4-0 STL
SJS - LAK - 4-1 SJS
EDM - CGY - 4-3 EDM

TBL - NYR - 4-3 TBL
PIT - WSH - 4-3 WSH
NSH - STL - 4-1 NSH
SJS - EDM - 4-3 SJS

WSH - TBL - 4-1 WSH
SJS - NSH - 4-3 SJS

SJS - WSH - 4-2 WSH
Conn Smythe: Alex Ovechkin

The point total is just impossible and the predictions are just awful. Wait, Islanders with 100 points? Well, I'm not getting any sleep as I'll be puking my insides out for the rest of the night.

I'd be curious to hear why you think the Islanders will be so bad. They went 24-12-4 with Doug Weight as the coach this year after 17-17-8 with Jack Capuano ... they finished the season really well and missed the playoffs by ONE POINT ... and if Hamonic's so bad, then he's not a big loss and they didn't lose any key players, and got Eberle. I think Hamonic was a big loss, but Doug Weight has been a good coach there ...
Jul. 31, 2017 at 12:42 a.m.

I don't mind the Ducks ... i just don't think they'll make it ... and LAK does have a superstar in Kopitar (who i think will play better), the best D-Man in the league, and a conn-smythe winning goalie. And either way they have a chance.

Ducks
Defense includes Fowler, Montour, Manson and Lindholm. That's a very good top 4. Not to mention an injured Vatanen who makes rhis team much deeper when he returns from injury
Forwards include Silferberg and Rakell who both had breakout years and are the rise
Not to mention the ageless Getzlaf and very good forward prospects such as Steel who can make an impact as soon as this year.
They also have Kesler and Perry, two pests that can **** up almost anyones game for the night.

Kings
They have Drew Doughty, not the NHL's best dman... that's it besides a Muzzin and Martinez who are typical top 4 dmen
The forwards include an health risk Kopitar, Jeff Carter who is still going somewhat strong, and a few overpaid bums (Gaborik, Brown)
Their goaltenders include an ofter injured Quick and a rejected Darcy.
Also their prospect pool is depleted
Jul. 31, 2017 at 12:44 a.m.

I'd be curious to hear why you think the Islanders will be so bad. They went 24-12-4 with Doug Weight as the coach this year after 17-17-8 with Jack Capuano ... they finished the season really well and missed the playoffs by ONE POINT ... and if Hamonic's so bad, then he's not a big loss and they didn't lose any key players, and got Eberle. I think Hamonic was a big loss, but Doug Weight has been a good coach there ...

They have two goalies that both aren't long term solutions for the starter position. And haven't gotten that much better, if not worse. All the other teams have improved except FLA, NJ, DET, WSH.
Jul. 31, 2017 at 12:45 a.m.
Black Lives Matter

Ducks
Defense includes Fowler, Montour, Manson and Lindholm. That's a very good top 4. Not to mention an injured Vatanen who makes rhis team much deeper when he returns from injury
Forwards include Silferberg and Rakell who both had breakout years and are the rise
Not to mention the ageless Getzlaf and very good forward prospects such as Steel who can make an impact as soon as this year.
They also have Kesler and Perry, two pests that can **** up almost anyones game for the night.

Kings
They have Drew Doughty, not the NHL's best dman... that's it besides a Muzzin and Martinez who are typical top 4 dmen
The forwards include an health risk Kopitar, Jeff Carter who is still going somewhat strong, and a few overpaid bums (Gaborik, Brown)

Isn't Lindholm out with an injury too?

Ducks

Kings

Tell me what you think of Anders Lee.
Jul. 31, 2017 at 12:46 a.m.
Black Lives Matter

They have two goalies that both aren't long term solutions for the starter position. And haven't gotten that much better, if not worse. All the other teams have improved except FLA, NJ, DET, WSH.

Greiss is good enough to be a starter ... maybe he can't win the cup but he can make the playoffs.
Jul. 31, 2017 at 12:47 a.m.

Lindholm will be ready for the season.
Lee has nothing to do with LA and ANA
Pasta88Sauce liked this.
Jul. 31, 2017 at 12:49 a.m.

Greiss is good enough to be a starter ... maybe he can't win the cup but he can make the playoffs.

He did not have a great season playing more than 50 games last season. Halak has declined as fast as Heatley and Carle combined
Jul. 31, 2017 at 12:50 a.m.
Black Lives Matter

He did not have a great season playing more than 50 games last season. Halak has declined as fast as Heatley and Carle combined

he got a .913 SV%
Jul. 31, 2017 at 12:51 a.m.
Black Lives Matter

1) ok

2) Lee and Rakell are super comparable ... neither of them got a lot of assists this year, though they each got 30 goals ... and neither of them had got 30 goal seasons before this year.
Jul. 31, 2017 at 12:52 a.m.

he got a .913 SV%

If you expect that to carry you to the playoffs, you have a long season aheqd
phillyjabroni liked this.
Jul. 31, 2017 at 12:53 a.m.
Black Lives Matter

he got a .913 SV%

it can get you IN the playoffs.
Jul. 31, 2017 at 12:53 a.m.

1) ok

2) Lee and Rakell are super comparable ... neither of them got a lot of assists this year, though they each got 30 goals ... and neither of them had got 30 goal seasons before this year.

Goo job you have a good forward besides Tavares
Pasta88Sauce liked this.
Jul. 31, 2017 at 1:43 a.m.
Black Lives Matter

1) ok

more than 1
Jul. 31, 2017 at 2:05 a.m.

more than 1

Name your top 6 forwards
Jul. 31, 2017 at 9:30 a.m.
Habs
Where has this gone to? LOL
Jul. 31, 2017 at 9:32 a.m.
Habs

more than 1

Name your top 6 forwards

I think the Islanders forward crop is improving with the permanent additions of Barzal, Ho Sang and Eberle. Hamonic is a big loss though.

Ladd-Tavares-Eberle
Lee-Nelson-Ho Sang
Bailey-Barzal-Beauvillier
Chimera-Cizikas-Clutterbuck

Leddy-Boychuk
De Haan-Pulock
Pelech-Hickey

Greiss
Halak
Jul. 31, 2017 at 9:45 a.m.

it can get you IN the playoffs.

In what world? You play in the Metro. There are 4 teams already better than you : Washington, Pittsburgh, Columbus, New York Rangers. Thats leaves on WC spot left, which in the Atlantic, Ottawa, Tampa Bay, Toronto Montreal, Boston, Buffalo. a .913 SV% isn't going to get you into the WC w/ these teams, let alone at 100 points
Jul. 31, 2017 at 10:25 a.m.
Below Market Value

Dallas, Chicago, and Anaheim's rosters are far and away better than LA's and you think LA will outperform all of them?
Jul. 31, 2017 at 11:13 a.m.
Quoting: sloofoot40

How did Anaheim get worse this offseason? Chicago?

Anaheim's only trying to bug the other team. their division is pretty good so it's gonna be hard to get in.

Chicago lost Panarin, Hossa, etc and are getting worse.

I am guessing it is past your bed time by the time the west coast games come on and that is why you don't get to see how good the Ducks really are, I will let slide.

On another note, Perry played with a sprained MCL all year, he will come back ready to go and should pop an easy 25 goals and if he does, it will be a fun battle for first between EDM, ANA, and CGY. I think EDM and ANA have the ability to go to the finals and win it all. CGY is still a season or 2 out. I am not sold with Smith being their goalie.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll