SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

NEW Predictions for next season in the NHL

Jul. 31, 2017 at 11:17 a.m.
Quoting: rangersandislesfan
Quoting: Pasta88Sauce

so they are only trying to bug teams and not win games? shakes headshakes head. They didnt get worse. They are still a huge threat

that's pretty much how they win games ... but ARI's getting better, i think the Kings will be a bit better, CGY and EDM will be really good and San Jose's a great team so they won't make it in if you ask me.

f29.png
Jul. 31, 2017 at 11:21 a.m.
Quoting: DavidBooth7

Okay, first off there's zero chance LA or Arizona makes the playoffs. Second of all, San Jose isn't a good team at all. They struggled last year and lost Marleau (as well as Schlemko), and didn't replace them. They most likely won't make it either. Anaheim is a lock to make in the playoffs, whether you like it or not

I don't mind the Ducks ... i just don't think they'll make it ... and LAK does have a superstar in Kopitar (who i think will play better), the best D-Man in the league, and a conn-smythe winning goalie. And either way they have a chance.

Countering your argument... ANA does have a superster in Getzlaf (who is already playing at a superstar level), one of the best defenses in the league, and an upcoming, talented young goalie in Gibson. Anaheim ALSO has Perry, Kesler, Rakell, Silfverberg, etc. ANA has a better roster at essentially every position (except maybe goalie, and even that's debatable) than LA. So how is LA making the playoffs over them?
Jul. 31, 2017 at 11:46 a.m.
Quoting: mtdavis311

I don't mind the Ducks ... i just don't think they'll make it ... and LAK does have a superstar in Kopitar (who i think will play better), the best D-Man in the league, and a conn-smythe winning goalie. And either way they have a chance.

Countering your argument... ANA does have a superster in Getzlaf (who is already playing at a superstar level), one of the best defenses in the league, and an upcoming, talented young goalie in Gibson. Anaheim ALSO has Perry, Kesler, Rakell, Silfverberg, etc. ANA has a better roster at essentially every position (except maybe goalie, and even that's debatable) than LA. So how is LA making the playoffs over them?

I wouldn't call Getz a superstar, then again my opinion of superstar is vastly different. Crosby, Ovie, McDavid....those are superstars. Getz is an elite player, but no superstar.
Jul. 31, 2017 at 11:52 a.m.
Quoting: ON3M4N

I wouldn't call Getz a superstar, then again my opinion of superstar is vastly different. Crosby, Ovie, McDavid....those are superstars. Getz is an elite player, but no superstar.

Well if Kopitar is a superstar, then Getz is a superstar lol. I don't necessarily disagree with you, but just using the same terminology he did. Getz did play at a superstar level in most of the playoffs last year tho.
Jul. 31, 2017 at 1:34 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: phillyjabroni

it can get you IN the playoffs.

In what world? You play in the Metro. There are 4 teams already better than you : Washington, Pittsburgh, Columbus, New York Rangers. Thats leaves on WC spot left, which in the Atlantic, Ottawa, Tampa Bay, Toronto Montreal, Boston, Buffalo. a .913 SV% isn't going to get you into the WC w/ these teams, let alone at 100 points

well he got them a point away from the playoffs AND Lundqvist got the Rangers in the playoffs when Greiss has better numbers.
Jul. 31, 2017 at 1:35 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: ON3M4N

He was probably the best player in he whole playoffs.
Jul. 31, 2017 at 1:36 p.m.
Black Lives Matter

because LAK has the most important thing in hockey, which Anaheim doesn't really have.
Jul. 31, 2017 at 1:38 p.m.

because LAK has the most important thing in hockey, which Anaheim doesn't really have.

and that would be?
nobody liked this.
Jul. 31, 2017 at 1:42 p.m.
Black Lives Matter

and that would be?

Well sure, Anaheim probably has the forwards, defence, and goaltending ... but LA has shown us that they know how to work together, like they did in 2012, which is the most important thing in hockey.
Jul. 31, 2017 at 1:52 p.m.

and that would be?

Well sure, Anaheim probably has the forwards, defence, and goaltending ... but LA has shown us that they know how to work together, like they did in 2012, which is the most important thing in hockey.

They don't have the same players as they did in 2012 (LAK). Los Angeles is nowhere near the level of constancy or play of the Ducks.
Jul. 31, 2017 at 1:59 p.m.

and that would be?

With albatross contracts handed out to Brown and Gaborik, Toffoli and Pearson not playing as well as they need to, and an often injured Quick, this team is going nowhere. There future is non existent as well. One of the worst prospects pools in the NHL.
nobody liked this.
Jul. 31, 2017 at 2:01 p.m.

and that would be?

What does that mean even mean?

Hockey is a team sport.....
Jul. 31, 2017 at 2:15 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: awatt

yeah, but they've done that more than the Ducks ... sure, they don't have the guys they did when they won cups, but i wouldn't be surprised if Gaborik played better, and also Gabe Vilardi might play right away (i thought he would as i thought he would go 3rd, or maybe 4th/5th/6th, great pick by the Kings), and then Kopitar, Carter, Toffoli, Pearson, Dowd, and then Kempe might get a point per 2 games season, or at least close, and then they have Cammaleri now too ... on D Ladue might take the next step ... they also have Muzzin, Martinez, Forbort, oh, and the best D-man in the league if you ask me (even if he's not he's top 3). Sure, Quick's had injuries, but if he's not injured, then i think they make the playoffs. And they have Gravel/Folin to be their 6th guy on D ... also they might not be done in FA ... sure, their prospect group isn't great, but we're talking about 2017-18, this year that's about to be played ...
Also, LAK seems to make the playoffs every 2nd year, and they missed this year, so i think they make it. And no, this is not my only reason for thinking they make it.
rmay50 liked this.
Jul. 31, 2017 at 2:17 p.m.
Quoting: awatt

yeah, but they've done that more than the Ducks ... sure, they don't have the guys they did when they won cups, but i wouldn't be surprised if Gaborik played better, and also Gabe Vilardi might play right away (i thought he would as i thought he would go 3rd, or maybe 4th/5th/6th, great pick by the Kings), and then Kopitar, Carter, Toffoli, Pearson, Dowd, and then Kempe might get a point per 2 games season, or at least close, and then they have Cammaleri now too ... on D Ladue might take the next step ... they also have Muzzin, Martinez, Forbort, oh, and the best D-man in the league if you ask me (even if he's not he's top 3). Sure, Quick's had injuries, but if he's not injured, then i think they make the playoffs. And they have Gravel/Folin to be their 6th guy on D ... also they might not be done in FA ... sure, their prospect group isn't great, but we're talking about 2017-18, this year that's about to be played ...
Also, LAK seems to make the playoffs every 2nd year, and they missed this year, so i think they make it. And no, this is not my only reason for thinking they make it.

Overall, their team is declining.
Anaheim however are getting better, so is EDM, ARZ, CGY, etc.
nobody liked this.
Jul. 31, 2017 at 2:18 p.m.

and that would be?

Yeah they showed that really well by completely missing the playoffs 2 of the last 3 years, and winning a total of ZERO playoff series in the last 3 years.

In that same span, Anaheim made the playoffs all 3 years and the conference finals twice...

So what is the argument you are making here?
Jul. 31, 2017 at 2:20 p.m.
Black Lives Matter

Yeah they showed that really well by completely missing the playoffs 2 of the last 3 years, and winning a total of ZERO playoff series in the last 3 years.

In that same span, Anaheim made the playoffs all 3 years and the conference finals twice...

That LAK knows how to win ... and i have them losing in the 1st round anyway.
Jul. 31, 2017 at 2:30 p.m.

And Anaheim doesn't? You don't make the conference finals two out of 3 years, and win the division 4 straight years by accident. They obviously know how to win.
Jul. 31, 2017 at 2:43 p.m.

Anaheim knows how to win as well though, as clearly shown by their recent performances.
Jul. 31, 2017 at 2:50 p.m.

but i wouldn't be surprised if Gaborik played better

Also, LAK seems to make the playoffs every 2nd year, and they missed this year, so i think they make it

s6vs.gif
phillyjabroni, Pasta88Sauce, awatt and 1 other person liked this.
Jul. 31, 2017 at 2:53 p.m.
Quoting: DavidBooth7

s6vs.gif

giphy.gif
nobody and awatt liked this.
Jul. 31, 2017 at 2:58 p.m.
Below Market Value

They haven't had any postseason success in THREE YEARS. And look at who they don't have anymore from their last Cup win: Williams, Richards, Voynov, King, Stoll. And look who has declined since said Cup win: Brown and Gaborik. I feel like you just pull these predictions out of the thin air based on how you feel.
nobody, phillyjabroni, LicMysak and 1 other person liked this.
Jul. 31, 2017 at 3:01 p.m.
Edited Jul. 31, 2017 at 3:33 p.m.
the sky is green and the grass is blue! what's my reasoning behind that? the grass is blue and the sky is green, because the sky is green and the grass is yellow. no i never said it was blue, the grass was always purple, the colour of the person i want to become like, Barney

Heil Girardi!
Caufzi, phillyjabroni, LicMysak and 1 other person liked this.
Jul. 31, 2017 at 3:58 p.m.
My Predictions before Preseason

1 TBL
2 TOR
3 OTT
Will be a close race for TOR, TBL, OTT
4 MTL
5 BOS
6 BUF
7 FLA
8 DET -wins lottery

Metro
1 PIT -league winners
2 CBJ
3 NYR
4 WSH -W1
5 CAR/PHI -W2
6 CAR/PHI
7 NYI
8 NJ

Central
1 NSH
2 STL
3 MIN
4 CHI -W1
5 WIN/DAL -W2
6 WIN/DAL
7 COL

Pacific
1 EDM -conference winners
2 ANA
3 CGY
4 SJS
5 ARZ
6 LAK
7 VGK -3rd in lottery
8 VAN -2nd in lottery
Jul. 31, 2017 at 4:11 p.m.
Quoting: boltscharge17
VAN -2nd in lottery

Good enough for me! Better than 5th overall again...
Jul. 31, 2017 at 4:22 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: boltscharge17
My Predictions before Preseason

1 TBL
2 TOR
3 OTT
Will be a close race for TOR, TBL, OTT
4 MTL
5 BOS
6 BUF
7 FLA