Trades
CGY
  1. Nedeljkovic, Alex
  2. O'Connor, Drew
  3. Rakell, Rickard
  4. 2025 1st round pick (PIT)
  5. 2026 1st round pick (PIT)
Additional Details:
I imagine Rakell would have Calgary on his no-trade list but, for fun let's say he doesn't.
CGY
  1. Reaves, Ryan
  2. Timmins, Conor
  3. 2024 1st round pick (TOR)
  4. 2026 3rd round pick (TOR)
TOR
  1. Duehr, Walker
  2. Tanev, Christopher ($2,250,000 retained)
CGY
  1. Lohrei, Mason
  2. Steen, Oskar
  3. 2025 3rd round pick (BOS)
Additional Details:
3rd becomes a 1st if they reach the ECF and both players play more than 50% season and playoff games from the time they join

I'd think long and hard about this if I was Boston, Hanifin definitely helps them now but, Lohrei looks like a great piece for the future
BOS
  1. Hanifin, Noah ($2,475,000 retained)
  2. O'Connor, Drew
  3. 2024 5th round pick (CHI)
Additional Details:
Flames pay for a 3rd team to double retain (1237500$)

Calgary fans are going to hate but, without an extention in place Lohrei is more than enough for a single cup run from Hanifin, if the teams can negotiate beforehand than Calgary could ask for more
Retained Salary Transactions
Buried
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the FLA
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
23$83,500,000$79,476,666$0$212,500$4,023,334
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Calgary Flames
$863,333$863,333
LW
RFA - 1
$7,000,000$7,000,000
C
NMC
UFA - 6
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$212,500$212K)
LW, C
RFA - 2
$4,900,000$4,900,000
RW, LW
NTC
UFA - 4
$5,350,000$5,350,000
C
NMC
UFA - 1
$5,800,000$5,800,000
RW, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$10,500,000$10,500,000
LW, RW
NMC
UFA - 8
$3,100,000$3,100,000
C, LW, RW
UFA - 2
Logo of the Pittsburgh Penguins
$5,000,000$5,000,000
RW, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 5
$775,000$775,000
RW
RFA - 1
$762,500$762,500
LW, C
UFA - 1
Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
$1,350,000$1,350,000
RW
UFA - 3
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$2,500,000$2,500,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$4,550,000$4,550,000
RD
UFA - 3
$6,000,000$6,000,000
G
NMC
UFA - 3
$6,250,000$6,250,000
LD/RD
NTC
UFA - 8
Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
$1,100,000$1,100,000
RD
RFA - 2
Logo of the Pittsburgh Penguins
$1,500,000$1,500,000
G
UFA - 1
Logo of the Boston Bruins
$925,000$925,000
LD
RFA - 2
$762,500$762,500
RD
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$762,500$762,500
LD
UFA - 1
Logo of the Boston Bruins
$800,000$800,000
C, RW
UFA - 1
$762,500$762,500
RW, LW
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jan. 18 at 8:11 p.m.
No deal is getting two first from the pens
PensGMwannabe liked this.
Jan. 18 at 8:12 p.m.
SEA GM v5
Penguins decline for multiple reasons. For one they aren't in a playoff spot, two they have Guentzel to re-sign and couldn't afford Lindholm contract, and three Dube and Vladar are a downgrade on Nedeljkovic and O'Connor.
Jan. 18 at 8:48 p.m.
So you mean we get to pay two 1sts while swapping Rakell for Lindholm who are having similar years, and downgrading from the cheaper DOC to the more expensive Dube, and downgrading from the cheaper Ned to the more expensive Vladar. I think that’s gonna be a no dawg.
Jan. 18 at 8:54 p.m.
Bcarlo25
can't really see the bruins looking to move lohrei for a pending UFA. maybe grzelcyk instead.
Jan. 18 at 8:54 p.m.
I’ve thought of Lohrei, Grz, and a 2nd for Hanifan with no retention. I think that’s a fair deal, but it depends on Calgary’s assessment of Lohrei
Jan. 18 at 9:27 p.m.
Dr_Invictus
Other than the 1sts, nothing coming back is worthwhile here.
Jan. 19 at 10:21 a.m.
bruins aren't going to trade loheri for and extra 2 months of hannifan when they can just sign him in july
Jan. 20 at 3:00 p.m.
LBS
Quoting: Dr_Invictus
Other than the 1sts, nothing coming back is worthwhile here.

It's early but, Lohrei looks like a future Brandon Calro-esque guy that if we got could pair up with Andersson could make a nasty top pair and Weegar can mentor a different hopeful young D
Jan. 20 at 3:04 p.m.
LBS
Quoting: Mikej
bruins aren't going to trade loheri for and extra 2 months of hannifan when they can just sign him in july

I mean the core of the team isn't getting any younger, this could be the last best chance they have and Hanifin is without a doubt better than Lohrei is today.
If they can maybe find a boost at center in a different trade, getting Hanifin for a playoff run could be huge for them
Do you think St-Louis cares that they lost Thompson, nah O'Reilly helped them get a cup and that's all that matters
Jan. 20 at 3:06 p.m.
LBS
Quoting: Celtics21
I’ve thought of Lohrei, Grz, and a 2nd for Hanifan with no retention. I think that’s a fair deal, but it depends on Calgary’s assessment of Lohrei

I'd retain for Lohrei, I've only seen him play 3 times but, he looks well worth it and if Hanifin needed to be traded anywhere Boston is best since I think it's his top destination.
Jan. 20 at 3:08 p.m.
LBS
Quoting: Bcarlo25
can't really see the bruins looking to move lohrei for a pending UFA. maybe grzelcyk instead.

I mean Hanifin to Boston is the closest to a guaranteed resign that any potential trade deadline trade has, Mass kid, went to one of BC or BU can't remember and he fits the teams window of winning now
Hanifin - McAvoy
Lindholm - Carlo is an absolutely nasty top4 for a cup run
Jan. 20 at 3:14 p.m.
LBS
Quoting: Hockeyfan1234
So you mean we get to pay two 1sts while swapping Rakell for Lindholm who are having similar years, and downgrading from the cheaper DOC to the more expensive Dube, and downgrading from the cheaper Ned to the more expensive Vladar. I think that’s gonna be a no dawg.

Vladar is a downgrade form Ned for sure
Outside of a current bad season, you're high if you think O'Connor is the better player, Dube is miles ahead of him, not really close.
Rakell has no chemistry with Crosby or Malkin and sucks overall for you guys, Lindholm is better, can play center or wing, kill penalties, gives you a right shot for the top PP that you guys are missing, also you can finally give Malkin some help since you guys have been asking him to carry his line for a long time, he's lowkey working harder than Sid who has Guentzel who's nasty and Rust that compliments them well.
Helps clear cap space by getting rid of Rakell's bad contract for you guys next season regardless of if you can keep him or not
Jan. 20 at 3:17 p.m.
LBS
Quoting: ItzMeTaboo
Penguins decline for multiple reasons. For one they aren't in a playoff spot, two they have Guentzel to re-sign and couldn't afford Lindholm contract, and three Dube and Vladar are a downgrade on Nedeljkovic and O'Connor.

Ned is better than Vladar
A bad season doesn't make O'Connor better, Dube is miles better let's be honest.
The trade helps clear cap space for you guys by moving out Rakell's deal, whether Lindholm stays or not.
This trade assumes Pitt would be in a spot or within 4points by the Tradedeadline
Jan. 20 at 3:24 p.m.
LBS
Quoting: pensgm
No deal is getting two first from the pens

Even without hindsight, I was in the camp that Pitt should just go the draft and development route and maybe try small moves to compete i.e. the Smith trade that didn't workout but, the Karlsson trade I think shows that either the ownership or the Big 3 want to try for another cup and they might be willing to risk a very long rebuild so that they can milk Crosby, Malkin and Letang for one last run
Jan. 20 at 3:36 p.m.
Quoting: lowblocksniper
Even without hindsight, I was in the camp that Pitt should just go the draft and development route and maybe try small moves to compete i.e. the Smith trade that didn't workout but, the Karlsson trade I think shows that either the ownership or the Big 3 want to try for another cup and they might be willing to risk a very long rebuild so that they can milk Crosby, Malkin and Letang for one last run

I see EK as our big attempt to squeeze something out. Dubas has said he “doesnt want to part with more firsts or the owen pickerings of the world”. Surely a good enough could change that though
Jan. 20 at 9:47 p.m.
Dr_Invictus
It's early but, Lohrei looks like a future Brandon Calro-esque guy that if we got could pair up with Andersson could make a nasty top pair and Weegar can mentor a different hopeful young D

It's still a terrible return for Calgary. No UFAs are traded with sign and trades. Since Tkatchuk, everyone on this site seems to think UFAs have no rental value. Tkatchuk wasn't a UFA, and every year rentals go for the same prices they did the year before. Nobody has en extension in place.

Also, it's insane to think Calgary is paying an additional 3rd for someone to retain on this deal. The acquiring team pays. 15/16 playoff teams can beat this offer.
Jan. 21 at 3:16 p.m.
Edited Jan. 21 at 6:16 p.m.
Vladar is a downgrade form Ned for sure
Outside of a current bad season, you're high if you think O'Connor is the better player, Dube is miles ahead of him, not really close.
Rakell has no chemistry with Crosby or Malkin and sucks overall for you guys, Lindholm is better, can play center or wing, kill penalties, gives you a right shot for the top PP that you guys are missing, also you can finally give Malkin some help since you guys have been asking him to carry his line for a long time, he's lowkey working harder than Sid who has Guentzel who's nasty and Rust that compliments them well.
Helps clear cap space by getting rid of Rakell's bad contract for you guys next season regardless of if you can keep him or not

That’s the thing…it’s about what is being done this season. So DOC having a better season this year doesn’t make sense to swap him out for a player having a worse season when you’re trying to make the playoffs. If they were out of it and tanking, then maybe.
Tell me you haven’t watched a pens game without telling me you haven’t watched a pens game. Rakell absolutely has chemistry with Crosby and Malkin. Malkin’s line was on fire to start the season and the minute Rakell got taken off that line due to injury, that line fell apart and hasn’t been the same. Once Rakell came back he was put on Crosby’s line and that line was on fire and that’s when Rakell started heating up. You’re high if you believe otherwise lol.
Lindholm doesn’t give us a right shot for the top PP that we are missing because they wouldn’t put him there if they aren’t already putting Rakell (a right shot) or Rust (a right shot) there.
Rust isn’t on Crosby’s line anymore. Rakell is just to let you know. Rust is on Geno’s line. And Geno isn’t really carrying the line.
The problem with getting rid of Rakell’s contract is that they will have to inevitably replace him with someone and that someone likely comes with a bigger cap hit, so it likely doesn’t save cap at all but gives us less cap.

Just to give insight on Rakell: in the 17 games before injury on the 2nd line he had 4 points. However he was extremely noticeable and doing the right things. He was simply extremely unlucky. Since coming back from injury and being placed on Crosby’s line, in 14 games he has 12 points including 5 goals. So the idea that he doesn’t have chemistry with Crosby or Geno just really baffles me 😂
Jan. 22 at 9:31 a.m.
Bcarlo25
I mean Hanifin to Boston is the closest to a guaranteed resign that any potential trade deadline trade has, Mass kid, went to one of BC or BU can't remember and he fits the teams window of winning now
Hanifin - McAvoy
Lindholm - Carlo is an absolutely nasty top4 for a cup run

still a pending UFA. I feel like people only look at that and see, "but he could re-sign," and not factor in that virtually all UFA contracts are for more money and term than they should be. UFA contracts rarely end well.
Jan. 22 at 12:30 p.m.
LBS
It's still a terrible return for Calgary. No UFAs are traded with sign and trades. Since Tkatchuk, everyone on this site seems to think UFAs have no rental value. Tkatchuk wasn't a UFA, and every year rentals go for the same prices they did the year before. Nobody has en extension in place.

Also, it's insane to think Calgary is paying an additional 3rd for someone to retain on this deal. The acquiring team pays. 15/16 playoff teams can beat this offer.

Maybe you miss understood or I wasn't clear, the 5th Calgary gives covers the extra retention and Calgary receives a 3rd that could become a 1st based on playoff performance.
UFAs get traded with extentions in place all the time, think Severson this summer.
And Lohrei a near guaranteed top4 guy for years to come is a damn good return, if you can't see that than we'll never agree on anything lol
Jan. 22 at 12:30 p.m.
LBS
Quoting: pensgm
I see EK as our big attempt to squeeze something out. Dubas has said he “doesnt want to part with more firsts or the owen pickerings of the world”. Surely a good enough could change that though

Fair enough
Jan. 22 at 12:33 p.m.
LBS
Quoting: Bcarlo25
still a pending UFA. I feel like people only look at that and see, "but he could re-sign," and not factor in that virtually all UFA contracts are for more money and term than they should be. UFA contracts rarely end well.

I mean, welcome to pro sports? Just because a contract might not age amazingly, you shouldn't sign good current players? Hanifin is 26-27, in his prime, if he signed 7-8yrs it would end a 33-35, not a terrible age and you guys are in a win now type window and need more ''in their prime type players''

You might think the juice isn't worth the squeeze and that's ok
Jan. 22 at 12:50 p.m.
LBS
Quoting: Hockeyfan1234
That’s the thing…it’s about what is being done this season. So DOC having a better season this year doesn’t make sense to swap him out for a player having a worse season when you’re trying to make the playoffs. If they were out of it and tanking, then maybe.
Tell me you haven’t watched a pens game without telling me you haven’t watched a pens game. Rakell absolutely has chemistry with Crosby and Malkin. Malkin’s line was on fire to start the season and the minute Rakell got taken off that line due to injury, that line fell apart and hasn’t been the same. Once Rakell came back he was put on Crosby’s line and that line was on fire and that’s when Rakell started heating up. You’re high if you believe otherwise lol.
Lindholm doesn’t give us a right shot for the top PP that we are missing because they wouldn’t put him there if they aren’t already putting Rakell (a right shot) or Rust (a right shot) there.
Rust isn’t on Crosby’s line anymore. Rakell is just to let you know. Rust is on Geno’s line. And Geno isn’t really carrying the line.
The problem with getting rid of Rakell’s contract is that they will have to inevitably replace him with someone and that someone likely comes with a bigger cap hit, so it likely doesn’t save cap at all but gives us less cap.

Just to give insight on Rakell: in the 17 games before injury on the 2nd line he had 4 points. However he was extremely noticeable and doing the right things. He was simply extremely unlucky. Since coming back from injury and being placed on Crosby’s line, in 14 games he has 12 points including 5 goals. So the idea that he doesn’t have chemistry with Crosby or Geno just really baffles me 😂

Bro Rakell started the season with 4assists no goals in 18games before his injury, that was on fire? Tell me you haven't watched a Pens game without telling me and calling it unlucky is extreme. He's picked it up recently
Yes you trade for a player with a higher upside and a more consistent past in production to improve this season, yes that is what you do.
Yeah, Rust got moved to help Geno and try to get something from Rakell, is he producing more or less than Rust on the same line, it's less hence a lack of chemistry with both
Rust is a front net guy, not a guy you put in a shooter spot, can't tell you why they haven't tried consistently with Rakell other than Sully must not like him there.
Lindholm is a guy you put in a shooter spot, he only did it once but with Gaudreau and Tkachuk but he got 40goals playing that shooter spot, you'd think he could produce similarly with Sid, Geno and EK65
Jan. 22 at 12:58 p.m.
Bcarlo25
I mean, welcome to pro sports? Just because a contract might not age amazingly, you shouldn't sign good current players? Hanifin is 26-27, in his prime, if he signed 7-8yrs it would end a 33-35, not a terrible age and you guys are in a win now type window and need more ''in their prime type players''

You might think the juice isn't worth the squeeze and that's ok

how could you possibly read my post, and think that was my take?

It's merely showing how pending UFAs have lesser value compared to good players with term, regardless of the teams intention to try to sign the player.
Jan. 22 at 12:58 p.m.
Bcarlo25

if you've never heard of the players they're getting, sure.
Jan. 22 at 1:01 p.m.
Bcarlo25

uhhhhhh what? If I could identify a player as the complete opposite of Mason Lohrei, it would be Brandon Carlo. Are you thinking about another player? Carlo is one of the best shut down d men in the NHL and Lohrei is very good offensively, but has looked pretty bad in his own end, and in a defensive capacity, which is why he's back down to work on his game in providence. It's not to say he's bad or anything, but that would be like saying Torey Krug and Zdeno Chara were the same player.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll