SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Trade Machine Proposals

JACK IS GONE

Created by: delete
Published: Jan. 18 at 10:18 p.m.
Salary Cap: $83,500,000
Season Days: 91/192 (47%)
Central Registry Determination: This trade has been rejected because the upper limit has been exceeded by one of the trade parties

Logo of the Columbus Blue JacketsColumbus Blue Jackets

OutStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Merzlikins, ElvisColumbus Blue JacketsNHL-$2,559,375011-------3.220.906
InStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Campbell, JackEdmonton OilersMinor-$1,824,740011-------4.510.873
Broberg, PhilipWaivers ExemptEdmonton OilersMinor-$0011---10000--
Lavoie, RaphaelEdmonton OilersMinor-$0011---7000--
Bourgault, XavierWaivers ExemptEdmonton OilersMinor-$0011---0000--
2024 1st round pick (Logo of the Edmonton OilersEDM)---100------
ChangeCap SpaceRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Initial$3,345,0092245643612
Change$734,635-133100
Final$4,079,644 (↑)21 (↓)48 (↑)67 (↑)4 (↑)612000

Logo of the Edmonton OilersEdmonton Oilers

Coincident TransactionInitial StatusNew StatusCap Hit ChangeRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Pickard, CalvinNHLMinor-$361,393-1-----------
OutStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Campbell, JackEdmonton OilersMinor-$1,824,740011-------4.510.873
Broberg, PhilipWaivers ExemptEdmonton OilersMinor-$0011---10000--
Lavoie, RaphaelEdmonton OilersMinor-$0011---7000--
Bourgault, XavierWaivers ExemptEdmonton OilersMinor-$0011---0000--
2024 1st round pick (Logo of the Edmonton OilersEDM)---100------
InStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Merzlikins, ElvisColumbus Blue JacketsNHL-$2,559,375011-------3.220.906
ChangeCap SpaceRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Initial$201,4082245573411
Change-$373,2420-3-3-100
Final-$171,834 (↓)2242 (↓)54 (↓)2 (↓)411000
Jan. 18 at 10:51 p.m.
Interesting. It seems like a lot for Edmonton to give up to upgrade Campbell to Elvis, because I think Elvis is overpaid too, but it should improve their cup chances by giving them two #1 options. For Columbus, I wouldn’t call them a rebuilding team, but they are a non-playoff team, so getting a package of futures for a guy who wants out seems like a smart deal. They may have to take on a bad contract to get rid of Elvis with no retention anyway. Maybe a change of scenery will help Campbell get his game back, but even if that doesn’t happen, it’s still not a bad move if they’re happy with Tarasov and Martin.

I just heard they put Martin on waivers, so maybe that means they’ve decided to kiss and make up.
Jan. 19 at 10:52 a.m.
Quoting: jr400
Interesting. It seems like a lot for Edmonton to give up to upgrade Campbell to Elvis, because I think Elvis is overpaid too, but it should improve their cup chances by giving them two #1 options. For Columbus, I wouldn’t call them a rebuilding team, but they are a non-playoff team, so getting a package of futures for a guy who wants out seems like a smart deal. They may have to take on a bad contract to get rid of Elvis with no retention anyway. Maybe a change of scenery will help Campbell get his game back, but even if that doesn’t happen, it’s still not a bad move if they’re happy with Tarasov and Martin.

I just heard they put Martin on waivers, so maybe that means they’ve decided to kiss and make up.

it takes two 1sts just to get someone to take jack. broberg and bourgault former 1sts are now worth 2nds. so this deal is basically lavoie for merzlikins.
Jan. 19 at 11:23 a.m.
Quoting: delete
it takes two 1sts just to get someone to take jack. broberg and bourgault former 1sts are now worth 2nds. so this deal is basically lavoie for merzlikins.

…which I think is a good return for Columbus if they plan to honor his trade request. I don’t think Merzlikins has been consistent enough to be worth $5.4M, and he has three more years left at that cap hit,

…which might not be a bad deal for Columbus if they want to honor his trade request. Lavoie may not amount to anything, but Merzlikins hasn’t been consistent enough to be worth $5.4M, and he’s got three more years at that cap hit, so I think his contract makes him a liability for most teams. Not as much of a liability as Campbell’s, which is why Edmonton has to give up a package of futures to make this work.

That said, I don’t think Martin and Tarasov are good enough to be an NHL goaltending tandem, so Columbus might be better to patch things up with Elvis than trade him for Campbell and some futures. Martin being waived makes me think that that’s what they’re trying to do.
Jan. 19 at 3:29 p.m.
…which I think is a good return for Columbus if they plan to honor his trade request. I don’t think Merzlikins has been consistent enough to be worth $5.4M, and he has three more years left at that cap hit,

…which might not be a bad deal for Columbus if they want to honor his trade request. Lavoie may not amount to anything, but Merzlikins hasn’t been consistent enough to be worth $5.4M, and he’s got three more years at that cap hit, so I think his contract makes him a liability for most teams. Not as much of a liability as Campbell’s, which is why Edmonton has to give up a package of futures to make this work.

That said, I don’t think Martin and Tarasov are good enough to be an NHL goaltending tandem, so Columbus might be better to patch things up with Elvis than trade him for Campbell and some futures. Martin being waived makes me think that that’s what they’re trying to do.

yep there trying to make up with merzlikins.but they are a terrible team so moving him for futures and taking on a terrible contract for a backup goalie in the minors 32 yr old JACK,would make sense.
Jan. 19 at 7:39 p.m.
Way too much to give up. Makes more sense just to buyout campbell in the off season and find a 1B for skinner
Jan. 19 at 10:15 p.m.

I know this isn't the main point going on here, but moving Elvis gives them the ability to take the rest of the season to evaluate Tarasov PLUS give Jet Greaves, who actually has real potential to be a future 1, some NHL time for the rest of the year. Then they'd hopefully get a good idea where they'll stand next season and if they need to make a move. They already suck, so having a terrible goaltending room the rest of the year isn't a concern at all.
jr400 liked this.
Jan. 20 at 11:05 a.m.
Quoting: Trevor31lv
I know this isn't the main point going on here, but moving Elvis gives them the ability to take the rest of the season to evaluate Tarasov PLUS give Jet Greaves, who actually has real potential to be a future 1, some NHL time for the rest of the year. Then they'd hopefully get a good idea where they'll stand next season and if they need to make a move. They already suck, so having a terrible goaltending room the rest of the year isn't a concern at all.

the jackets would give JACK a chance not greaves. but JACK would still give them the terrible goaltending your talking about. this deal is the 1st and two 2nds in Broberg and Bourgault,thats what there each worth at this point. to take JACK and his 15 m contract. and Lavoie who cant seem to stick in the nhl ,for MERZLIKINS straight up.
Jan. 20 at 5:03 p.m.
the jackets would give JACK a chance not greaves. but JACK would still give them the terrible goaltending your talking about. this deal is the 1st and two 2nds in Broberg and Bourgault,thats what there each worth at this point. to take JACK and his 15 m contract. and Lavoie who cant seem to stick in the nhl ,for MERZLIKINS straight up.

Why would they play the absolutely awful cap dump who they'd likely buy out after the season rather than give their young, potentially good future goaltender NHL games? Makes no sense whatsoever. Not sure why you're mentioning the return/cost either when my point was only about how opening up a spot in net helps CBJ evaluate the future/get Jet NHL experience. It's like you didn't even read what I said and just assumed I was complaining about the value of the trade or something.
Jan. 21 at 10:42 a.m.
Quoting: Trevor31lv
Why would they play the absolutely awful cap dump who they'd likely buy out after the season rather than give their young, potentially good future goaltender NHL games? Makes no sense whatsoever. Not sure why you're mentioning the return/cost either when my point was only about how opening up a spot in net helps CBJ evaluate the future/get Jet NHL experience. It's like you didn't even read what I said and just assumed I was complaining about the value of the trade or something.

i can make any point i want,and you dont dictate what i say,so take a chill pill,dont get so angry little fella. I DONT REALLY CARE WHO THE JACKETS PLAY THERE TERRIBLE AND THIS TRADE GIVES THEM SOME FUTURE ASSETS TO WORK WITH.MAYBE CAMPBELL GETS HIS GAME BACK MAYBE HE DOESNT.but i guess if i was a jackets fan it probably wouldnt be sunshine and rainbows neither.
Jan. 21 at 1:34 p.m.
Quoting: Cletusthepig
Way too much to give up. Makes more sense just to buyout campbell in the off season and find a 1B for skinner

Way to costly to buyout him this summer, with 3 years left he would cost around 1.5 to 2.6 in cap space for the next 6 years. Holland is trying to get someone get him for the price of Broberg which is too low.
delete liked this.
Jan. 21 at 8:09 p.m.
Quoting: EatMyScoobySnack
Way to costly to buyout him this summer, with 3 years left he would cost around 1.5 to 2.6 in cap space for the next 6 years. Holland is trying to get someone get him for the price of Broberg which is too low.

Its 1.1 for year 1, 2.3 for year 2, 2.6 for year 3 and 1.5 for year 4-6. With the cap going up itll literally cost them nothing to buy him out.
Jan. 22 at 12:08 p.m.
Its 1.1 for year 1, 2.3 for year 2, 2.6 for year 3 and 1.5 for year 4-6. With the cap going up itll literally cost them nothing to buy him out.

oh cletus,my good buddy. do you have any understanding that raises are coming,big raises!! and these guys that are coming off the cap have to be replaced with similar players. so you want to lower your cap by 2mil every yr for 6 yrs, because your still paying jack huh? the oil are in win now mode,there extremely tight to the cap,and need room to improve there team. Bourgault and Lavoie are never going to be difference makers.Broberg might be a regular somewhere,but hes not anything like what he was supposed to be,and his value is a 2nd pick at this point.the 1st pick,wont help you for 4 to 5 yrs.the time is now!!! so the oil need a upgrade on ceci and get a goalie that can push skinner and give him some rest,like Merzlikins.
EatMyScoobySnack liked this.
Jan. 24 at 9:55 p.m.
oh my god the oil are going to recall JACK god save us all.
Jan. 25 at 10:17 p.m.
1st,broberg and lavoie ,so a 1st,2nd and 3rd for cbj to take Jack. then Bourgault who is maybe worth a 2nd at this point for Merzlikins. makes sense to me,the oil get rid of there biggest problem Jack and get a goalie Merzlikins. cbj gets a late 1st and some prospects who havent lived up to expectations.
Jan. 28 at 8:54 p.m.
so the oil are going to try to win a cup with skinner and jack,instead of this?
Jan. 30 at 11:03 a.m.
the oil biggest problem is Jack on the cap,and then not having a goalie to support Skinner this solves both those issues.
Jan. 31 at 10:22 a.m.

so pay campbell for 6yrs not to play for you?
Jan. 31 at 6:21 p.m.
oh cletus,my good buddy. do you have any understanding that raises are coming,big raises!! and these guys that are coming off the cap have to be replaced with similar players. so you want to lower your cap by 2mil every yr for 6 yrs, because your still paying jack huh? the oil are in win now mode,there extremely tight to the cap,and need room to improve there team. Bourgault and Lavoie are never going to be difference makers.Broberg might be a regular somewhere,but hes not anything like what he was supposed to be,and his value is a 2nd pick at this point.the 1st pick,wont help you for 4 to 5 yrs.the time is now!!! so the oil need a upgrade on ceci and get a goalie that can push skinner and give him some rest,like Merzlikins.

Neal will be off the books when draisaitl becomes a FA and at that time the cap is expected to rise to 92 mil which is roughly 10.5 mill plus it is expected to also increase in 26-27 that can go directly to the Drai and Mcdavid extensions and Kanes contract expires the same year as McDavids which is another 5 mil. Cleary you aren't good with numbers because the oilers have more than enough cap to resign both Drai and Mcdavid even at a 40% raise for both of them even with the 1.5 mil buyout of Campbell.
Feb. 2 at 10:59 p.m.
Quoting: Iluvhardkock
Neal will be off the books when draisaitl becomes a FA and at that time the cap is expected to rise to 92 mil which is roughly 10.5 mill plus it is expected to also increase in 26-27 that can go directly to the Drai and Mcdavid extensions and Kanes contract expires the same year as McDavids which is another 5 mil. Cleary you aren't good with numbers because the oilers have more than enough cap to resign both Drai and Mcdavid even at a 40% raise for both of them even with the 1.5 mil buyout of Campbell.

clearly you dont understand that theres other raises,and players that need to payed,to replace the ones leaving.the oils biggest problem is they have no cap room,and your going to pay JACK to not play?
Feb. 9 at 10:21 a.m.
i cant believe the oil are so cheap,that they are considering bringing Jack back up.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll