Hagel type purchase

Created by: The_Rocket
Team: 2023-24 Vancouver Canucks
Initial Creation Date: Jan. 23, 2024
Published: Jan. 23, 2024
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Trades
VAN
  1. Mittelstadt, Casey ($1,250,000 retained)
  2. 2024 6th round pick (BUF)
  3. 2025 6th round pick (BUF)
  4. 2025 7th round pick (NSH)
BUF
  1. Hirose, Akito
  2. Klimovich, Danila
  3. 2024 1st round pick (VAN)
  4. 2024 4th round pick (NJD)
  5. 2025 1st round pick (VAN)
Buyouts
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the SJS
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the NSH
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the VAN
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
23$83,500,000$83,396,667$850,000$0$103,333
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Buffalo Sabres
$1,250,000$1,250,000
LW, C
RFA - 1
Logo of the Vancouver Canucks
$8,000,000$8,000,000
C, LW, RW
NMC
UFA - 7
$6,650,000$6,650,000
RW
UFA - 2
$4,750,000$4,750,000
LW, RW
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$7,350,000$7,350,000
C, LW
UFA - 1
$5,500,000$5,500,000
LW, RW
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$825,000$825,000
LW
UFA - 1
$1,900,000$1,900,000
C, LW
UFA - 1
$4,950,000$4,950,000
RW, LW
UFA - 3
$1,100,000$1,100,000
LW, RW
RFA - 2
$1,600,000$1,600,000
C, LW
UFA - 2
$1,150,000$1,150,000
RW, C, LW
UFA - 1
$775,000$775,000
LW
UFA - 2
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$7,850,000$7,850,000
LD
UFA - 4
$4,400,000$4,400,000
RD
RFA - 1
$5,000,000$5,000,000
G
UFA - 3
$3,250,000$3,250,000
LD/RD
NTC
UFA - 3
$6,000,000$6,000,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$1,800,000$1,800,000
G
UFA - 1
$3,750,000$3,750,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$3,000,000$3,000,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$775,000$775,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$775,000$775,000
RD
UFA - 2
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$2,500,000$2,500,000
RD
UFA - 2
$775,000$775,000
LD
UFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jan. 23 at 1:22 a.m.
Hagel had term at a friendly number. Mittelstadt is getting a raise this summer.
Jan. 23 at 1:30 a.m.
Shibbal18
everyone knows what the Sabres want for Mittelstadt. You arent getting him for lotto tickets and a pile of garbage. Nothing in that trade is interesting to Buffalo
wojme and remowilliams liked this.
Jan. 23 at 1:32 a.m.
Sabres are NOT trading Mitts
And if we were- it wouldn’t be for futures
wojme liked this.
Jan. 23 at 1:52 a.m.
Buffalo is not trading Casey.
Casey is a keeper.
wojme liked this.
Jan. 23 at 1:53 a.m.
I want Gourde back
Hagel had 2.5 years at 1.5 million. Mittelstadt won't get as high of a return
Jan. 23 at 4:18 a.m.
Quoting: Stadel
Hagel had term at a friendly number. Mittelstadt is getting a raise this summer.

Quoting: imawesome
Hagel had 2.5 years at 1.5 million. Mittelstadt won't get as high of a return

True that Hagel had term.
Casey plays center which is more highly valued than a wing man, and the 2023 first was 19th AO which alone is slightly less than two 32nd OA.
Newhook is another recent comparable and he returned 31st and 37th OA.
While Hagel may have had more value, Casey has more value than Newhook.
This trade is reasonable.
BUFF36, remowilliams and imawesome liked this.
Jan. 23 at 6:49 a.m.
Sabres don't need more LD they need RD. So basically what does it take to get Willander. Really the only deal that Buffalo would want.
remowilliams and gretzkyghosts liked this.
Jan. 23 at 10:33 a.m.
Judd Bracket ripoff
Quoting: Shibbal18
everyone knows what the Sabres want for Mittelstadt. You arent getting him for lotto tickets and a pile of garbage. Nothing in that trade is interesting to Buffalo

Quoting: AntiAnalytics
Sabres are NOT trading Mitts
And if we were- it wouldn’t be for futures

Quoting: BUFF36
Sabres don't need more LD they need RD. So basically what does it take to get Willander. Really the only deal that Buffalo would want.

I’m not sure if you guys know this, but you can trade away Casey for futures and then flip those futures for a different player you want (Right Shot Defenseman) rather than hoping some one eventually offers a right handed D for Casey.

Ya know, kinda like when the Canucks trade Horvat for a first and then used the first to get hronek

Or when Washington traded Orlov and Hathaway for a first and then used the first to get Sandin

Or when CBJ trade gavrikov and korpisalo for a 1st and then traded away the 1st for provorov

Or when montreal traded away Romanov for a 1st and then traded away that 1st for Kirby Dach

Or when Tampa Bay traded away JT Miller for a 1st and then traded away that 1st for Blake Coleman

2 additional first round picks in your wallet can make you a big spender in the offseason for a high end player
BUFF36 and gretzkyghosts liked this.
Jan. 23 at 10:35 a.m.
Quoting: The_Rocket
I’m not sure if you guys know this, but you can trade away Casey for futures and then flip those futures for a different player you want (Right Shot Defenseman) rather than hoping some one eventually offers a right handed D for Casey.

Ya know, kinda like when the Canucks trade Horvat for a first and then used the first to get hronek

Or when Washington traded Orlov and Hathaway for a first and then used the first to get Sandin

Or when CBJ trade gavrikov and korpisalo for a 1st and then traded away the 1st for provorov

Or when montreal traded away Romanov for a 1st and then traded away that 1st for Kirby Dach

Or when Tampa Bay traded away JT Miller for a 1st and then traded away that 1st for Blake Coleman

2 additional first round picks in your wallet can make you a big spender in the offseason for a high end player

True, but the Sabres have a lot of Futures already, actually having problems fitting it all.
gretzkyghosts liked this.
Jan. 23 at 11:02 a.m.

You are preaching to a choir of one my friend.
Trading Casey opens up cap space and a roster spot for an ELC i.e. Savoie, Rosen, Ostlund...

True, but the Sabres have a lot of Futures already, actually having problems fitting it all.
Imagine if Adams could have traded Kulich for Drysdale and ana's 2024 2nd!
Clears out a forward prospect, adds a high plck AND a RHD.
Jan. 23 at 11:05 a.m.
Dude will disappear in the playoffs.
Jan. 23 at 11:05 a.m.
Shibbal18

You know the Sabres and Mittelstadt are mutually interested in signing him long term, so trading him for assets in hopes they can flip them for something they actually need instead of just keeping the player they want and using their own assets to obtain that player they need makes little to 0 sense. So if you want Mittelstadt you need to offer something that will interest Buffalo. Buffalo isn't selling, you're all buying, and I don't think that's fully understood
BUFF36 liked this.
Jan. 23 at 11:12 a.m.
Shibbal18
Quoting: gretzkyghosts
You are preaching to a choir of one my friend.
Trading Casey opens up cap space and a roster spot for an ELC i.e. Savoie, Rosen, Ostlund...

This only makes sense if Mittelstadt is not producing and doesn't want to be in Buffalo, which both are false. Savoie and Ostland aren't going to come into the NHL and put up 70 points and it would be surprising even if Kulich did. So you put them back 2 years just to collect a pick or two or another prospect that GMKA has been shown hesitant to trade away anyway
Jan. 23 at 11:23 a.m.
You know the Sabres and Mittelstadt are mutually interested in signing him long term, so trading him for assets in hopes they can flip them for something they actually need instead of just keeping the player they want and using their own assets to obtain that player they need makes little to 0 sense. So if you want Mittelstadt you need to offer something that will interest Buffalo. Buffalo isn't selling, you're all buying, and I don't think that's fully understood

Sabres haven't even talked to his agent, all Mitts did was put pressure on Adams and say Hey, what's up here! No calls. Said a couple weeks ago Casey was confused on the direction of the Team. This just confirms what I was told. Adams backing himself into a Corner again.
Jan. 23 at 11:39 a.m.
Shibbal18
Sabres haven't even talked to his agent, all Mitts did was put pressure on Adams and say Hey, what's up here! No calls. Said a couple weeks ago Casey was confused on the direction of the Team. This just confirms what I was told. Adams backing himself into a Corner again.

I think it was more Kevin Weekes reporting him as a trade rumor than his contract
BUFF36 liked this.
Jan. 23 at 11:40 a.m.

Help me with my recollection.
Did we lose Ullmark for a similar reason?
BUFF36 liked this.
Jan. 23 at 11:43 a.m.
Quoting: gretzkyghosts
Help me with my recollection.
Did we lose Ullmark for a similar reason?

Rhino basically
Jan. 23 at 11:48 a.m.
I think it was more Kevin Weekes reporting him as a trade rumor than his contract

His name has been out there for awhile, maybe not by the Sabres. And Weekes saying anything doesn't change the fact they haven't talked.
Jan. 23 at 11:55 a.m.
Judd Bracket ripoff

If the sabres re-sign Casey, Great! He’s a good player still in his mid twenties. Would be nice for them.

That said, middlestadts value, right now, is better than it has ever been since right before his rookie season. Once his current contract ends and he becomes an RFA, his trade value will go down (it will still be good value but not as high as it is right now and up to the TDL).

I think Buffalo (Given their wealth of young talented forwards, their need to reshape the roster, and the sky high value of Middlestadt) would be very justified in trading Casey this deadline, perticularly if it nets them the return I posted above.
gretzkyghosts and BUFF36 liked this.
Jan. 23 at 12:12 p.m.
Shibbal18
Rhino basically

Didn't Ullmark ask for too much money then sign for less in Boston, and Reinhart was traded when they were dumping Eichel and Risto
BUFF36 liked this.
Jan. 23 at 12:18 p.m.
Didn't Ullmark ask for too much money then sign for less in Boston, and Reinhart was traded when they were dumping Eichel and Risto

He could have signed Ullmark to a Long Term Deal the year before he signed him to that 1yr that walked him into FA. And Rhino left cause he was never offered a long term contract and got sick of it.
Jan. 23 at 12:18 p.m.
If the sabres re-sign Casey, Great! He’s a good player still in his mid twenties. Would be nice for them.

That said, middlestadts value, right now, is better than it has ever been since right before his rookie season. Once his current contract ends and he becomes an RFA, his trade value will go down (it will still be good value but not as high as it is right now and up to the TDL).

I think Buffalo (Given their wealth of young talented forwards, their need to reshape the roster, and the sky high value of Middlestadt) would be very justified in trading Casey this deadline, perticularly if it nets them the return I posted above.

Good Post
Jan. 23 at 1:32 p.m.

Except we already have PLENTY of futures that we could trade away if we wanted to make a deal like that

Mitts is NOT getting traded
Sorry, look elsewhere
Jan. 23 at 1:35 p.m.

Blah, blah, blah
We are keeping him. Idk why this is so hard to understand
Once again….
The Sabres are NOT trading Mitts

And it doesn’t matter what YOU think we should do,
or what i think, or what anyone thinks…. Except our GM
And he says, we are signing him
So until that changes, all these $h!tty trade proposals are just utter nonsense- especially the dumba$$ Mitts for futures ones
Jan. 23 at 2:20 p.m.
Judd Bracket ripoff
Quoting: AntiAnalytics
Blah, blah, blah
We are keeping him. Idk why this is so hard to understand
Once again….
The Sabres are NOT trading Mitts

And it doesn’t matter what YOU think we should do,
or what i think, or what anyone thinks…. Except our GM
And he says, we are signing him
So until that changes, all these $h!tty trade proposals are just utter nonsense- especially the dumba$$ Mitts for futures ones

right now it looks like kevyn adams is weighing all options when it comes to mittelstadt, including possibly trading him before the deadline https://buffalonews.com/sports/professional/nhl/sabres/as-rumor-mill-turns-casey-mittelstadt-expresses-desire-to-remain-with-sabres/article_c874c16a-b933-11ee-b3a3-77dc5e1b38e5.html
BUFF36 liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll