Logo of the OTT
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the OTT
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
23$83,500,000$79,592,380$0$2,355,000$3,907,620
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Chicago Blackhawks
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$505,000$505K)
LW, C
RFA - 1
Logo of the Ottawa Senators
$8,350,000$8,350,000
C
UFA - 8
$6,500,000$6,500,000
RW, C
NMC
UFA - 2
$8,205,714$8,205,714
LW
UFA - 5
$7,950,000$7,950,000
C
UFA - 7
$4,975,000$4,975,000
RW, LW
UFA - 4
$2,950,000$2,950,000
LW, RW
UFA - 3
$775,000$775,000
C
RFA - 1
$2,500,000$2,500,000
RW
NTC
UFA - 1
$863,333$863,333
C, LW
RFA - 2
$835,000$835,000
C, RW
RFA - 2
$775,000$775,000
LW
RFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$1,850,000$2M)
LD
UFA - 1
$4,600,000$4,600,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 4
Logo of the Nashville Predators
$5,000,000$5,000,000
G
UFA - 2
$4,600,000$4,600,000
LD/RD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$4,400,000$4,400,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$4,000,000$4,000,000
G
M-NTC
UFA - 5
$2,000,000$2,000,000
LD/RD, LW
RFA - 1
$805,000$805,000
RD
RFA - 2
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$775,000$775,000
RW, C
UFA - 3
$6,000,000$6,000,000
LW
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 2
$1,100,000$1,100,000
RD
NMC
UFA - 2
$762,500$762,500
LW
RFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jan. 31 at 8:31 p.m.
What about that trade with CHI makes you think CHI would accept?
Hawksguy81, RicXX and Snowhawk18 liked this.
Jan. 31 at 8:32 p.m.
boltsfan71
no way hawks do that
Garak, Hawksguy81, RicXX and 1 other person liked this.
Jan. 31 at 8:39 p.m.
Quoting: Garak
What about that trade with CHI makes you think CHI would accept?

Quoting: boltsfan71
no way hawks do that

Remind me who plays on your PP? Who is feeding Bedard? Who is munching minutes on D playing against other teams best players?

Chabot and Jones is a legit top pairing that should allow your youngsters to dev nicely on 2nd and 3rd oairing, where they should.

By overpaying for Foligno, Dickinson and Perry, your FO has clearly made it a priority to surround the team with some good vets.
Jan. 31 at 8:42 p.m.
boltsfan71
Quoting: Mattkenn
Remind me who plays on your PP? Who is feeding Bedard? Who is munching minutes on D playing against other teams best players?

Chabot and Jones is a legit top pairing that should allow your youngsters to dev nicely on 2nd and 3rd oairing, where they should.

By overpaying for Foligno, Dickinson and Perry, your FO has clearly made it a priority to surround the team with some good vets.

there's a reason you're trading forsberg and chabot
Garak and Snowhawk18 liked this.
Jan. 31 at 8:42 p.m.
Future Norris guy
Ottawa passes on trade #1

And Nashville passes on trade #2, Neither trade is even close. Both Nashville and Ottawa are taking massive hits on both trades.
Jan. 31 at 8:46 p.m.

Chabot is a waste of cap space. Especially when we already have Vlasic. We just let Kubalik walk for nothing two summers ago, and he is also a waste of cap space. And Forsberg is a waste of cap space.

You are essentially sending CHI three cap dumps with term for a VERY high end prospect (albeit struggling this season) in Reichel, Murphy a good defensive RD on an affordable contract with term, and a good but aging and injured forward on an expiring deal in Hall. That isn't happening. We'll stick with our own guys. You could remove Reichel, Hall, and Murphy, and I would still say OTT needs to add to move those contracts.
Jan. 31 at 8:46 p.m.

Yup. Trading from a position of strength to get what they need. Chabot is still their best D, albeit with sanderson going to take over soon + chychrun and brann… that makes chabot expendable. If their getting some value back.

What makes you think chicago doesn’t do that trade? Sure forsberg is a cap dump but chicago has the space to take him on.
Jan. 31 at 8:48 p.m.

And exactly who is "feeding Bedard" from that trio going to the Hawks? Chabot would not be a good partner for Jones. They play a very similar style. Jones is at his best with a defensive minded, stay at home partner like McCabe was, and like Vlasic is now. There is literally NOTHING in that package from Ottawa the Hawks would trade ANY of their three players for. Hawks decline instantly!
boltsfan71, JK74, RicXX and 1 other person liked this.
Jan. 31 at 8:49 p.m.
Chabot is a waste of cap space. Especially when we already have Vlasic. We just let Kubalik walk for nothing two summers ago, and he is also a waste of cap space. And Forsberg is a waste of cap space.

You are essentially sending CHI three cap dumps with term for a VERY high end prospect (albeit struggling this season) in Reichel, Murphy a good defensive RD on an affordable contract with term, and good but aging and injured forward on an expiring deal in Hall. That isn't happening. We'll stick with our own guys. You could remove Reichel, Hall, and Murphy, and I would still say OTT needs to add to move those contracts.

You are essentially sending CHI three cap dumps with term for a VERY high end prospect (albeit struggling this season) in Reichel, Murphy a good defensive RD on an affordable contract with term, and good but aging and injured forward on an expiring deal in Hall. That isn't happening. We'll stick with our own guys. You could remove Reichel, Hall, and Murphy, and I would still say OTT needs to add to move those contracts.

Chabot is a top 30 D-man in the league
Not to mention you are sending CHI the most expensive years of Chabot's contract in which he also has a 10 team no trade clause that begins next season.
boltsfan71
Yup. Trading from a position of strength to get what they need. Chabot is still their best D, albeit with sanderson going to take over soon + chychrun and brann… that makes chabot expendable. If their getting some value back.

What makes you think chicago doesn’t do that trade? Sure forsberg is a cap dump but chicago has the space to take him on.

chabots contract sucks and you're not giving them anything of value to get hall, reichel or Murphy
Garak, Hawksguy81, RicXX and 1 other person liked this.
Jan. 31 at 8:50 p.m.
Chabot is a top 30 D-man in the league

Sure he is. Nah. CHI is good. We pass.
RicXX liked this.
Jan. 31 at 8:50 p.m.
chabots contract sucks and you're not giving them anything of value to get hall, reichel or Murphy

Yeah. Like HORRIBLE. Like OTT would have to pay us to take his contract.
boltsfan71 and RicXX liked this.
Jan. 31 at 8:54 p.m.
Quoting: Hawksguy81
And exactly who is "feeding Bedard" from that trio going to the Hawks? Chabot would not be a good partner for Jones. They play a very similar style. Jones is at his best with a defensive minded, stay at home partner like McCabe was, and like Vlasic is now. There is literally NOTHING in that package from Ottawa the Hawks would trade ANY of their three players for. Hawks decline instantly!

Do I have to remind you of the Jones- werenski pairing in CBJ that was legit top 5 in the lesgue for a few seasons?
Jan. 31 at 8:58 p.m.
Yeah. Like HORRIBLE. Like OTT would have to pay us to take his contract.

Tell me you know nothing about chabot without telling me you know nothing lol.

Anyways, have fun rebuilding for 10 years … coming from a fan that knows what that feels like unfortunately lol

Also their cap hit match so cap argument is irrelevant…. And anyways with cap going up in next few seasons, 8M isn’t going to be that much.
Jan. 31 at 9:02 p.m.
Do I have to remind you of the Jones- werenski pairing in CBJ that was legit top 5 in the lesgue for a few seasons?

Zack Werenski, when healthy, is a legit top 10 D man is this league. A LEGIT 2-way d man. Like Makar and Fox. Chabot is nowhere near as good a defender as a healthy Werenski is.
Garak, RicXX and Snowhawk18 liked this.
Jan. 31 at 9:05 p.m.
Werenski is slightly better than Chabot but they are cut from the same cloth…. As you say LEGIT 2-Way D-man!

Would like to argue with someone that actually know hockey.
Jan. 31 at 9:23 p.m.

Tell me you know nothing about chabot without telling me you know nothing lol.

Anyways, have fun rebuilding for 10 years … coming from a fan that knows what that feels like unfortunately lol

Also their cap hit match so cap argument is irrelevant…. And anyways with cap going up in next few seasons, 8M isn’t going to be that much.

Jones most effective minutes came paired with Gavrikov. Chabot is not good, dude. Go sell him somewhere else. Even if he were good, we have LHD more than covered in CHI. He is of no value to us. You literally want one of our best prospects, and a top 4 RD on an affordable contract with term, which both are like gold in the NHL in the cap era.

Tell me you know nothing about how teams are managed or player valuations or anything to do with hockey without telling me.
RicXX and Hawksguy81 liked this.
Jan. 31 at 10:30 p.m.
Blackhawks Faithful
Werenski is slightly better than Chabot but they are cut from the same cloth…. As you say LEGIT 2-Way D-man!

Would like to argue with someone that actually know hockey.

Ok how about this... I'm a Hawks fan, and I live in Ottawa and have been to just about 100 Sens games... seen Chabot live...

NO!
Garak, Snowhawk18 and Hawksguy81 liked this.
Jan. 31 at 10:38 p.m.
Maple
I like Thomas Chabot, great skater, great puck mover, really good offensive d man. At the same time his defensive underlyings have been pretty suspect for the past four or five years. Coupled with his $8 mil AAV contract with four more years, 10 team NTC about to kick in, and the contract being backloaded I don't really see a reason for us to acquire him.

Seth Jones basically does everything he does, while also being overpaid like Chabot. Meanwhile Alex Vlasic has been excellent this season and looks like a good top four d man for years to come which makes trading for Chabot and his $8 mil hit quite redundant.

As for the rest of the proposal, Dominik Kubalík is an empty calorie scorer, Anton Forsberg is a negative asset. Taylor Hall I reckon Chicago would want to keep around, while there's no point in trading away Lukas Reichel. Besides the value in this trade being lopsided in favour of Ottawa, I don't see why Chicago would trade for Chabot.
Garak and Hawksguy81 liked this.
Feb. 1 at 12:15 a.m.
Snowhawk

Well even if this trade was to happen, it wouldn’t be Chabot, the guy is a china doll and is usually injured half the time.
Garak liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll