NMC
UFA - 3
Logo of the Buffalo Sabres
$7,142,857$7,142,857
C
M-NTC
UFA - 6
$950,000$950,000 (Performance Bonus$650,000$650K)
LW
RFA - 2
$855,833$855,833
LW, RW
RFA - 1
$7,100,000$7,100,000
C, LW
UFA - 6
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
RW, LW
RFA - 1
$3,000,000$3,000,000
LW, RW
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$918,333$918,333
C, LW
RFA - 2
$4,750,000$4,750,000
RW, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$1,250,000$1,250,000
LW, RW
UFA
$1,250,000$1,250,000
C, LW
RFA
$894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$525,000$525K)
RW
RFA - 2
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
Logo of the Minnesota Wild
$6,000,000$6,000,000
LD
NMC
UFA - 4
$11,000,000$11,000,000
LD/RD
UFA - 8
$3,250,000$3,250,000
G
RFA
$8,350,000$8,350,000
LD/RD
UFA - 7
$925,000$925,000
LD
RFA - 1
Logo of the Calgary Flames
$2,200,000$2,200,000
G
UFA - 1
$4,285,714$4,285,714
LD
UFA - 6
$3,333,333$3,333,333
RD
UFA - 2
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$1,250,000$1,250,000
LD
UFA
$775,000$775,000
RW
RFA - 1
$800,000$800,000
LW
UFA

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Feb. 4 at 5:16 p.m.
Brother if there's only one thing that I know it's that you definitely don't want to work for Terry.
LottoPlease liked this.
Feb. 4 at 5:19 p.m.
Here's a shocker....

No.
Feb. 4 at 5:23 p.m.
MNBassman
Quoting: RazWild
Here's a shocker....

No.

You wouldn’t take that deal for Brodin? I would take it and run!!
Feb. 4 at 5:41 p.m.
Here's a shocker....

No.

Quoting: MNBassman

Here's your shocker!
Feb. 4 at 5:41 p.m.
Quoting: Stadel
Brother if there's only one thing that I know it's that you definitely don't want to work for Terry.

I'd convince him to sell
Stadel liked this.
Feb. 4 at 5:53 p.m.
Quoting: MNBassman

On the surface it's a phenomenal offer and one that should at least be considered. Getting the 8th OVA ontop of already having the 6th OVA could and should make anyone salivate.

Here's the rub, you're robbing Peter to pay Paul. With horrendous interest rates to boot.

Spurgeon is out for the year, so getting Jokiharju seems like good business. And yes, I already know your feelings on Spurgeon well so don’t start. Regardless, you're only creating a hole on the left to fill a hole on the right. Worse, in doing so you're moving the arguable best shutdown defenseman in the league for a 2nd pairing filler, and eventual 3rd pairing filler at that.

So, you've just moved Brodin. A top pairing defender. Who's replacing him in our top 4? Chisholm? Merrill? Goligoski? Hunt?

Those are some less then desirable outcomes.

As far as Mittelstadt goes, he's playing 3C in Minnesota. Not particularly a need for us. Not with Rossi's emergence as a legitimate 2C (at minimum).

Then there's also the fact you're moving a $6M Brodin for $5M in two different players for just this year only. As both Jokiharju and Mittelstadt are RFA at the end of the year and both are due massive raises. Jokiharju likely cost anywhere between $4-5M on his next contract, while Mittelstadt will cost somewhere in the $7-8M range.

So again, you're moving out $6M for a combined $9-13M in the long run.

No thank you.

I'll happily keep the elite shutdown defenseman.
Feb. 4 at 5:54 p.m.
Quoting: littlejerryseinfeld
Here's your shocker!

Hardly...

I've come to expect that out of him.
Feb. 4 at 6:04 p.m.
Osiecki death stare
On the surface it's a phenomenal offer and one that should at least be considered. Getting the 8th OVA ontop of already having the 6th OVA could and should make anyone salivate.

Here's the rub, you're robbing Peter to pay Paul. With horrendous interest rates too boot.

Spurgeon is out for the year, so getting Jokiharju seems like good business. And yes, I already know your feelings on Spurgeon well so don’t start. Regardless, you're only creating a hole on the left to fill a hole on the right. Worse, in doing so you're moving the arguable best shutdown defenseman in the league for a 2nd pairing filler, and eventual 3rd pairing filler at that.

So, you've just moved Brodin. A top pairing defender. Who's replacing him in our top 4? Chisholm? Merrill? Goligoski? Hunt?

As far as Mittelstadt goes, he's playing 3C in Minnesota. Not particularly a need for us. Not with Rossi's emergence as a legitimate 2C (at minimum).

Then there's also the fact you're moving a $6M Brodin for $5M in two different players for just this year only. As both Jokiharju and Mittelstadt are RFA at the end of the year and both are due massive raises. Jokiharju likely cost anywhere between $4-5M on his next contract, while Mittelstadt will cost somewhere in the $7-8M range.

No thank you.

I'd move Brodin for the top 10 pick alone. This is a no brainer. And your whole explanation ignores that there is a top 10 pick involved after the second line.
Feb. 4 at 6:08 p.m.
If your interview consisted of anything involving trading for $h!tty Vladar, you’d be laughed outta the building
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
He sucks
gretzkyghosts liked this.
Feb. 4 at 6:09 p.m.

Here's the rub, you're robbing Peter to pay Paul. With horrendous interest rates to boot.

No thank you.

This is a 24-25 agm. This year isn't impacted
Feb. 4 at 6:21 p.m.
Quoting: Digitalbooya06
I'd move Brodin for the top 10 pick alone. This is a no brainer. And your whole explanation ignores that there is a top 10 pick involved after the second line.

Ignores? No, it's just simply a non-factor beyond the initial consideration. Which isn't much.

Why?

Because even a top ten pick is maybe NHL ready in maybe 3 to 4 years? If we're lucky.

This team needs to be ready to go the second the buyouts are done and over with in just TWO YEARS. Or you can look foward to everyone of importance like Kaprizov leaving for greener pastures.

If THAT happens, you can enjoy your much wanted rebuild for the next 10 years. Wait, this is Minnesota where it took 20+ years to even snag ONE franchise level player. So let's call it a 20 year rebuild and be done with it.

You want to wait that long? I don't.

Unless you're snagging Celebrini in this years draft there's not a single player that won't take time to develop. Especially if said player is a defensive prospect.

Take the one top ten pick you can get without destroying your team depth by just sucking for a year and move on. Knowing when and where to fold your hand and when to go all in is half the battle.
Feb. 4 at 6:26 p.m.
Easy yes for the Wild
Feb. 4 at 6:27 p.m.
Quoting: littlejerryseinfeld
This is a 24-25 agm. This year isn't impacted

It's the 24 1st, being given, it absolutely is.

And if this is supposed to be for next year, then that's all the more reason to NOT do it . Meaning we don't get them at lower AAV rates and have to shell out money we don't have for players we cannot afford from the get go.

Again, why does cash strapped Minnesota move $6M Brodin for a combined $9M-$13M Jokiharju and Mittelstadt?

They don't
Feb. 4 at 6:27 p.m.
Quoting: Caerii
Easy yes for the Wild

Short sighted.
Feb. 4 at 7:26 p.m.
Osiecki death stare
Edited Feb. 4 at 7:31 p.m.
Ignores? No, it's just simply a non-factor beyond the initial consideration. Which isn't much.

Why?

Because even a top ten pick is maybe NHL ready in maybe 3 to 4 years? If we're lucky.

This team needs to be ready to go the second the buyouts are done and over with in just TWO YEARS. Or you can look foward to everyone of importance like Kaprizov leaving for greener pastures.

If THAT happens, you can enjoy your much wanted rebuild for the next 10 years. Wait, this is Minnesota where it took 20+ years to even snag ONE franchise level player. So let's call it a 20 year rebuild and be done with it.

You want to wait that long? I don't.

Unless you're snagging Celebrini in this years draft there's not a single player that won't take time to develop. Especially if said player is a defensive prospect.

Take the one top ten pick you can get without destroying your team depth by just sucking for a year and move on. Knowing when and where to fold your hand and when to go all in is half the battle.

Ah yes, because in 2 years a 32 year old Brodin will totally be the reason Kaprizov leaves or doesn't leave as compared to a player like Dickinson or Levshunov or Silayev or Demidov or Eiserman or Lindstrom or whoever they pick with the top 10 pick.

We could also get into the part where Brodin is injury prone and sucks in the playoffs.

Short sighted.

There is someone thinking short sighted here, but it's not who you think it is.
Feb. 4 at 8:13 p.m.
Quoting: Digitalbooya06
Ah yes, because in 2 years a 32 year old Brodin will totally be the reason Kaprizov leaves or doesn't leave as compared to a player like Dickinson or Levshunov or Silayev or Demidov or Eiserman or Lindstrom or whoever they pick with the top 10 pick.

We could also get into the part where Brodin is injury prone and sucks in the playoffs.

There is someone thinking short sighted here, but it's not who you think it is.

Probably, yes.

I hate to break it to you, but players don't give a flying f*** about players they may or may not see on roster for another 3+ years. Kaprizov texts with Yurov, sure. But if Yurov isn't on roster by the time his contracts up, do you honestly think that would get him to stick around?

Hell no.

None of those players listed are better than Brodin is now in the next two years time, let alone this or next year. In fact, the chances that they get anywhere NEAR as good as him, EVER. Are less than 10%.

Such is the risk of drafting. Just because someone is selected in the top 10 doesn't make them an automatic future all-star. Remind me how Yakapov is doing? Or Lafreniere? Kakko? These names ringing any bells?

All Kaprizov see's is management moving out players that help the team to win now for lesser players in need of new contracts that will cost more than what was shipped out in the long run.

I'd bolt for greener pastures too.

I'm saying that we already have a chance at all those players that you think are sure things with are own draft pick this year. There's no need to move a player that's already better and is more likely to still be better than them in two years time.

That's it.

So we don't get to pick twice in the top-ten. Boo hoo.

And yes making this trade is short sighted.

Again, YOU'RE MOVING SIX MILLION FOR A FUTURE COMBINED CAP HIT OF NINE TO THIRTEEN MILLION.

Just so you can snag a single top ten pick.

1) Who do you replace Brodin with?

Chisholm?
Merrill?
Goligoski?
Hunt?

2) How are you paying either Faber or Rossi when their ELC are up after next season?

Remember, you just gave the money that would of gone to them to both Jokiharju and Mittelstadt.

3) If you don't want to keep them and move them for further assets later on, you still need to replace said players in the lineup.

Again, who's filling the three roster spots you just vacated for one top ten pick. There's 17 roster spots open, who you got?
Feb. 5 at 7:59 a.m.
MNBassman

No thank you.

I would trade the 30 y/o oft-injured Brodin for the 8th pick straight up.
Caerii liked this.
Feb. 5 at 3:05 p.m.
Short sighted.

Short sighted is not moving Brodin for an obvious massive overpayment because you're worried about the LD depth taking a hit for the couple years that this team isn't even a contender. The top 10 pick alone is more than enough value for a 31 year old Brodin. Adding Mittelstadt and Jokiharju on top makes it silly. This deal would never happen, but that's because Buffalo would never offer this, not because the Wild would turn it down.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll