SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Mock-Draft

2022 redraft top 10 with analysis

2022 redraft top 10 with analysis

Draft Class: 2022
Created By: Z0ra
Published: Feb. 8 at 11:06 a.m.
ROUND 1TEAMORIGINALPLAYERDETAILS
1Logo of the Montreal Canadiens-Nemec has been great in all situations filling in for Dougie Hamilton. Has showcased a strong two-way game and can eat big minutes.
2Logo of the New Jersey Devils-I see Cooley as the Coyotes future 1C. He's shown his dynamic offensive toolkit that we all saw before the draft. But he hasn't been productive 5 on 5, most of his points have come on the powerplay, which is the reason why he's not going 1st.
3Logo of the Arizona Coyotes-This is where Slaf goes. Had an underwhelming season last year before getting injured. This year he's been good but sometimes the best player on Montreal, living up to the hype that we all expected out of him.
4Logo of the Seattle Kraken-Jiricek is a similar defender to Nemec, a guy that can play big minutes and play in all situations. However, he's out of the top 3 because of his ice time, but in the AHL Jiricek has been dominant, which is why he isn't lower than 6th.
5Logo of the Philadelphia Flyers-A run on defenders here, we have Mintyukov. Out of all the defenders, Mintyukov has the most experience, but he has lower upside than Nemec and Jiricek.
6Logo of the Columbus Blue JacketsLogo of the Chicago BlackhawksMintyukov and Korchinski are neck and neck. I gave Mintyukov the edge because of production alone, especially playing on a bad Anaheim team. Korchinski is also playing on a bad Chicago team, but points are lower and he's playing the same amount of minutes.
7Logo of the Chicago BlackhawksLogo of the Ottawa SenatorsAn underrated player, I think people are overlooking the Russian factor. Yurov has gotten better each year and the upside on him is really high.
8Logo of the Detroit Red Wings-This is where Wright goes. At this point he's more of a 2C, he's been bouncing around between leagues after getting no ice time with Seattle.
9Logo of the Buffalo Sabres-Gauthier hasn't played in the NHL yet, but his upside does look promising. He would be at 5th hadn't he got traded.
10Logo of the Anaheim Ducks-McGroarty and Gauthier are neck and neck. The question with McGroarty is how well will he do without Fantilli on his line? McGroarty hasn't looked back and has performed really well, still maintaining his point production. Also can be great defensively at times. Could make the Jets lineup before this year's playoffs. Blake Coleman type player.
11Logo of the Arizona CoyotesLogo of the San Jose Sharks
12Logo of the Columbus Blue Jackets-
13Logo of the Chicago BlackhawksLogo of the New York Islanders
14Logo of the Winnipeg Jets-
15Logo of the Vancouver Canucks-
16Logo of the Buffalo SabresLogo of the Vegas Golden Knights
17Logo of the Nashville Predators-
18Logo of the Dallas Stars-
19Logo of the Minnesota WildLogo of the Los Angeles Kings
20Logo of the Washington Capitals-
21Logo of the Pittsburgh Penguins-
22Logo of the Anaheim DucksLogo of the Boston Bruins
23Logo of the St. Louis Blues-
24Logo of the Minnesota Wild-
25Logo of the Chicago BlackhawksLogo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
26Logo of the Montreal CanadiensLogo of the Calgary Flames
27Logo of the San Jose SharksLogo of the Carolina Hurricanes
28Logo of the Buffalo SabresLogo of the Florida Panthers
29Logo of the Arizona CoyotesLogo of the Edmonton Oilers
30Logo of the Winnipeg JetsLogo of the New York Rangers
31Logo of the Tampa Bay Lightning-
32Logo of the Edmonton OilersLogo of the Colorado Avalanche
Feb. 8 at 5:01 p.m.
mokumboi
This thing where everyone has apparently agreed to sleep on Snuggerud is utterly baffling. And it will not age well.
Feb. 8 at 6:27 p.m.
I Love J Boqvist
Quoting: mokumboi
This thing where everyone has apparently agreed to sleep on Snuggerud is utterly baffling. And it will not age well.

Which of these guys are you putting him over?
Feb. 8 at 6:38 p.m.
mokumboi
Quoting: dgibb10
Which of these guys are you putting him over?

Well, he's certainly not inferior to the last five. But lately, it seems like everyone has dropped him a not insignificant amount, and I cannot figure out why.
Feb. 8 at 6:51 p.m.
power forward
Quoting: mokumboi

Snuggerud just missed the cut for me. He's 11th as of now. All situations type winger, and has been consistent. Still waiting for his NHL arrival though. I see him taking the same path as McGroarty and Nazar (sign their ELC's at the end of this season and play a few NHL games).
Feb. 8 at 8:02 p.m.
ht42
Big feeling that Hutson can be in this conversation.

And I see multiple games of Nemec, but he is a turnover machine........
Feb. 8 at 9:10 p.m.
I Love J Boqvist
Edited Feb. 8 at 9:26 p.m.
Quoting: ht42

Nemec has 7 giveaways in 27 games

For some context, Matheson has 48, Guhle 31, Barron and Kovacevic 28, Savard 22, Struble 20, Xhekaj 16

Like, objectively Nemec turns the puck over at an incredibly low rate.
Feb. 8 at 9:38 p.m.
ht42
Nemec has 7 giveaways in 27 games

For some context, Matheson has 48, Guhle 31, Barron and Kovacevic 28, Savard 22, Struble 20, Xhekaj 16

Like, objectively Nemec turns the puck over at an incredibly low rate.

Never said he was bad.......

But, we rather have Slaf over him. Why starting a argumentation battle between Slaf & Simon when they are together best friends..... tears of joy
Feb. 8 at 9:39 p.m.
I Love J Boqvist
Never said he was bad.......

But, we rather have Slaf over him. Why starting a argumentation battle between Slaf & Simon when they are together best friends..... tears of joy

You said.
he is a turnover machine........

You objectively could not have been more wrong
Feb. 9 at 10:54 a.m.
Mr.
slaf was and still is "the" best player to come out of that draft
Feb. 9 at 4:35 p.m.

So you call Nemec a tunrover machine but want Hutson whose even more of a turnover machine there??? dont get me wrong Hutson is sick and gonna be amazing but I think hes gonna be like prime Tony D, Barrie,Klingberg etc. probs getting 60-70 points from him but no D. Nemec gives you better D and size
Feb. 9 at 4:36 p.m.
I Love J Boqvist
Quoting: SMH
slaf was and still is "the" best player to come out of that draft

Less PPG than Nemec btw
Feb. 10 at 6:54 p.m.
Mr.
Less PPG than Nemec btw

And ? Everyone knew slaf will need longer time to develop. When he was picked they said they're picking who they think will be the best player not whos currently will be more impact full right now

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll