Logo of the Pittsburgh Penguins
$825,000$825,000
LD
RFA - 1
$800,000$800,000
RD
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$775,000$775,000
LD
RFA - 2
$900,000$900,000
LW, RW
UFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Feb. 8 at 2:26 p.m.
Blues decline. Other than the first there is nothing the blues would really want. The 2nd is ok but nothing great. Smith is just for cap purposes. Smith isn't worth anything. And the other guy is an AHL player
SomeonesOffended and hero9154 liked this.
Feb. 8 at 2:33 p.m.
Nothing of real interest or value here (aside from the first)

Blues Decline
hero9154 liked this.
Feb. 8 at 2:37 p.m.
Its not a Blues-Penguins trade on ACGM without Smith going to STL or Saad going to PIT tears of joy
Feb. 8 at 2:52 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: StDetroitBlueWings
Nothing of real interest or value here (aside from the first)

Blues Decline

Ok, I'll bite. If STL were to move Buch, what do you think is the correct type of package? I don't mean team-specific, but just what the make up of the package would look like.
datools liked this.
Feb. 8 at 3:08 p.m.
Quoting: Mr_Gardoki
Ok, I'll bite. If STL were to move Buch, what do you think is the correct type of package? I don't mean team-specific, but just what the make up of the package would look like.

In my mind they would be looking for a quality (A) prospect a 2024 first, a low value roster player on an expiring contract to make money work. Additionally something like a 2nd would probably cover retention.

I don't think they would trade him for multiple B prospects at this deadline. If they move him at this deadline they want some more talented pieces or else they probably don't trade.
Feb. 8 at 3:18 p.m.
Banned
Edited Feb. 8 at 3:25 p.m.
Quoting: BDHockey
In my mind they would be looking for a quality (A) prospect a 2024 first, a low value roster player on an expiring contract to make money work. Additionally something like a 2nd would probably cover retention.

I don't think they would trade him for multiple B prospects at this deadline. If they move him at this deadline they want some more talented pieces or else they probably don't trade.

I'm not saying the deal above works entirely. Puustinen and Smith are fluff. I can realistically see a 1st and top prospect for sure. I would say his deal would probably look similar to the Toffoli trade to CGY from a few years ago, or maybe even the one from last year to NJ.

I think the part I take umbrage with is Smith. This reminds of Zucker two years ago. Zucker just wasn't fitting the system; he really struggled to score, but played solid otherwise. Everyone was telling Pens fans we'd need to add multiple firsts to move him, etc... Last year? People were now offering up 1sts or 2nds for Zucker. Good consistent players go through rough patches. To judge them on a minute to minute basis is whacky.

Smith is a good solid hockey player who clearly is just not settling in to this system. People acting like he's some useless garbage player getting dumped off is true insanity to me. Anyone who actually believes that is a true moron of the umpteenth degree.

In general, the Pens probably wouldn't offer up what would be needed to get Buch and that's fine, but to act like Smith is some piece of crap in the deal need to really learn something.
Feb. 8 at 3:39 p.m.
I'm not saying the deal above works entirely. Puustinen and Smith are fluff. I can realistically see a 1st and top prospect for sure. I would say his deal would probably look similar to the Toffoli trade to CGY from a few years ago, or maybe even the one from last year to NJ.

I think the part I take umbrage with is Smith. This reminds of Zucker two years ago. Zucker just wasn't fitting the system; he really struggled to score, but played solid otherwise. Everyone was telling Pens fans we'd need to add multiple firsts to move him, etc... Last year? People were now offering up 1sts or 2nds for Zucker. Good consistent players go through rough patches. To judge them on a minute to minute basis is whacky.

Smith is a good solid hockey player who clearly is just not settling in to this system. People acting like he's some useless garbage player getting dumped off is true insanity to me. Anyone who actually believes that is a true moron of the umpteenth degree.

In general, the Pens probably wouldn't offer up what would be needed to get Buch and that's fine, but to act like Smith is some piece of crap in the deal need to really learn something.

For the record I love Reilly Smith as a player. I wasn't trying to take a dig at him. He probably needs a different system or a little bit more time to suceed in pittsburgh though.
Feb. 8 at 3:52 p.m.

I doubt it'll happen, but maybe something like Smith (for cap), a first, Pickering (solid d prospect) and a second or third (with conditions). I'd base it off of the Meier trade last year in a way but with less moving parts. Blues could add Saad if Pit was adding something else as well since I keep seeing the Saad/Smith swap (assuming Buch is half retained here)

Honestly I'm not even sure if that above is enough but for me that would be the minimum I would accept. They could potentially get more since he's a PPG player as well as having that extra year so not a rental. Plus there could be a bidding war and not a huge press for the Blues to trade him yet unless it's a bit of an overpay
mokumboi liked this.
Feb. 8 at 3:54 p.m.
DNP1932
For the record I love Reilly Smith as a player. I wasn't trying to take a dig at him. He probably needs a different system or a little bit more time to suceed in pittsburgh though.

What’s the thoughts on a 1st, 2nd, pickering and smith for buch?
StDetroitBlueWings liked this.
Feb. 8 at 3:55 p.m.
DNP1932
I doubt it'll happen, but maybe something like Smith (for cap), a first, Pickering (solid d prospect) and a second or third (with conditions). I'd base it off of the Meier trade last year in a way but with less moving parts. Blues could add Saad if Pit was adding something else as well since I keep seeing the Saad/Smith swap (assuming Buch is half retained here)

Honestly I'm not even sure if that above is enough but for me that would be the minimum I would accept. They could potentially get more since he's a PPG player as well as having that extra year so not a rental. Plus there could be a bidding war and not a huge press for the Blues to trade him yet unless it's a bit of an overpay

Lmao great minds think alike. Rip beating me to the punch.
Feb. 8 at 4:00 p.m.
Quoting: DNP1932

Lmao great minds think alike. Rip beating me to the punch.

I still feel like we could get more for Buch at half retained, this kind of deal would be great if there was no retention though. But I still think there could be a bidding war for him and will drive the value up. Especially if he keeps playing well these next few weeks (which I hope so for my fantasy team purposes)
DNP1932 liked this.
Feb. 8 at 4:08 p.m.
DNP1932
I still feel like we could get more for Buch at half retained, this kind of deal would be great if there was no retention though. But I still think there could be a bidding war for him and will drive the value up. Especially if he keeps playing well these next few weeks (which I hope so for my fantasy team purposes)

Yeah that’s possible, if i were the pens gm that’s what id be willing to pay, to me Yager and blomqvist are the untouchable prospects atm. Also think buch would be the best addition they can make with where their struggles are. 2 way player that can play wing or center so if he’s Malkin LW his impact would still be felt on the defensive side when the lines not producing, or maybe they make him 2C and put malkin on the wing. Might not even matter anyways if the blues hold their playoff spot.
Feb. 8 at 4:50 p.m.
mokumboi

If it was a 24 1st you'd have a far better shot, but at least you're barking in the right forest.
DNP1932 liked this.
Feb. 8 at 5:26 p.m.
mokumboi
Yeah that’s possible, if i were the pens gm that’s what id be willing to pay, to me Yager and blomqvist are the untouchable prospects atm. Also think buch would be the best addition they can make with where their struggles are. 2 way player that can play wing or center so if he’s Malkin LW his impact would still be felt on the defensive side when the lines not producing, or maybe they make him 2C and put malkin on the wing. Might not even matter anyways if the blues hold their playoff spot.

Buch is not a C. He briefly played it right after the Blues traded away three Cs. It's not ideal.
Feb. 8 at 5:39 p.m.
Banned

That Smith part wasn't really directed at you. You didn't really say anything, it was a general comment to some others in here and just in general on this board.
Feb. 8 at 5:41 p.m.
Banned

I think the Toffoli trade from MTL to CGY would be a good comparable.

The issue here, and I don't think your proposal was unfair there, but I don't see the Pens moving Pickering, Yager or Blomqvist unless it's a player with more term. Like if Buch had another year or two? I could see something close to what you're offering being realistic.
Feb. 8 at 7:45 p.m.
DNP1932
Quoting: mokumboi
Buch is not a C. He briefly played it right after the Blues traded away three Cs. It's not ideal.

Ah then nvm, yeah Malkins LW it is.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll