Trades
TOR
  1. Clarke, Brandt
  2. Dubois, Pierre-Luc
  3. 2025 1st round pick (LAK)
  4. 2025 2nd round pick (LAK)
  5. 2026 2nd round pick (LAK)
Additional Details:
Dubois is a decent player, high compete when he feels like it and can be physical at times, i believe he’s a supporting PWF, who will get more points playing with elite players. Kinda like knies, he should not be running his own line, also shouldn’t be playing C ( imo )
TOR
CGY
  1. Giordano, Mark
Additional Details:
Plz retire
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the NYI
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the LAK
Logo of the LAK
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the LAK
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
22$83,500,000$82,308,450$0$0$1,191,550
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Los Angeles Kings
$8,500,000$8,500,000
C
UFA - 8
Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
$11,640,250$11,640,250
C
NMC
UFA - 1
$6,962,366$6,962,366
RW
NMC
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000
LW, RW
RFA - 2
$11,000,000$11,000,000
C, LW
NMC
UFA - 2
$5,500,000$5,500,000
LW, RW
NMC
UFA - 1
$796,667$796,667
LW, RW
RFA - 1
$3,000,000$3,000,000
C, RW
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$775,000$775,000
LW, RW
RFA - 1
$834,167$834,167
LW, RW
RFA - 1
$800,000$800,000
C, LW
RFA - 2
$1,350,000$1,350,000
RW
UFA - 3
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$7,500,000$7,500,000
LD
NMC
UFA - 7
$5,000,000$5,000,000
LD/RD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$3,550,000$3,550,000
G
UFA - 1
$2,000,000$2,000,000
LD/RD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
Logo of the Columbus Blue Jackets
$2,750,000$2,750,000
RD
UFA - 3
$875,000$875,000
G
UFA - 1
$775,000$775,000
LD
UFA - 1
$1,400,000$1,400,000
RD
RFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$775,000$775,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$2,400,000$2,400,000
C
M-NTC
UFA - 4
$5,625,000$5,625,000
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$1,100,000$1,100,000
RD
RFA - 2
$2,100,000$2,100,000
RW, C, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$4,687,500$4,687,500
G
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$4,150,000$4,150,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$766,667$766,667
G
RFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Feb. 11 at 6:18 a.m.
FKA Bigtittielarper
Marner declines leafs decline flames and Columbus obviously, gio wants to retire a leaf after this season and leafs pass on all peeke trades wouldn’t take the guy half retained for future considerations
Feb. 11 at 6:24 a.m.
Once a Kings Fan Too
Mitch Marner has one season left on his contract after this one and we wouldn't invest those assets in him even if we knew that all he wanted was the same deal that we gave Pierre-Luc DuBois.
Feb. 11 at 8:45 a.m.
Rip
What an awful idea
SomeonesOffended liked this.
Feb. 11 at 8:47 a.m.
Rip
Quoting: OldNYIfan
Mitch Marner has one season left on his contract after this one and we wouldn't invest those assets in him even if we knew that all he wanted was the same deal that we gave Pierre-Luc DuBois.

This is surprising from you. Dubois was a bad trade and signing and definitely is going to cost you. Paying 8 million for a 3rd line (that's how he often plays) is really bad. Getting a guy who without a doubt becomes your best player for him and the rest is a big win.
SomeonesOffended liked this.
Feb. 11 at 9:19 a.m.
Quoting: RipNasty
This is surprising from you. Dubois was a bad trade and signing and definitely is going to cost you. Paying 8 million for a 3rd line (that's how he often plays) is really bad. Getting a guy who without a doubt becomes your best player for him and the rest is a big win.

PLD is 3rd line C at this point. Kopitar, who did extend, can’t play forever.

Cap will go up in the coming years with it going up 4 something this offseason.

If PLD plays the way he did tonight, oh boy!

According to podcasts I listen to and people who watch practices for LA, PLD has a good relationship with Hiller. He was always talking with him at practice. I’m
Not all surprised he had a very good game tonight.

Also, kings decline this trade
OldNYIfan, MMB and Chirping_in_112 liked this.
Feb. 11 at 10:06 a.m.
Rip
Quoting: KINGS67
PLD is 3rd line C at this point. Kopitar, who did extend, can’t play forever.

Cap will go up in the coming years with it going up 4 something this offseason.

If PLD plays the way he did tonight, oh boy!

According to podcasts I listen to and people who watch practices for LA, PLD has a good relationship with Hiller. He was always talking with him at practice. I’m
Not all surprised he had a very good game tonight.

Also, kings decline this trade

Marner is the best player ever to play with absolutely no value. It's incredible. Guy could win the hard and art Ross and still have no value.
Feb. 11 at 11:50 a.m.
Once a Kings Fan Too

Marner is the best player ever to play with absolutely no value. It's incredible. Guy could win the hard and art Ross and still have no value.

It's a little premature to say that DuBois was a bad trade and a bad signing. If I remember correctly, Jeff Skinner looked like one of the worst signings of all time when he recorded only 37 points in 112 games his first two seasons there. Patience is a virtue.

Nobody thinks that Mitch Marner has no value, especially Kings fans. Our antipathy to having anything to do with him is the cost of his acquisition and his salary structure. Giving up our anticipated future #1RhD, a first and two seconds (never mind abandoning the DuBois attempt) for one year of Marner would be moronic asset management even if he were to win the Conn Smythe in his one season with us. Los Angeles fans have dynastic ambitions, not transitory ones.

Selling DuBois at a low point would be just as stupid and criminal as Anaheim selling Trevor Zegras at his low point.
KINGS67, MMB and Chirping_in_112 liked this.
Feb. 11 at 1:13 p.m.
Rip
It's a little premature to say that DuBois was a bad trade and a bad signing. If I remember correctly, Jeff Skinner looked like one of the worst signings of all time when he recorded only 37 points in 112 games his first two seasons there. Patience is a virtue.

Nobody thinks that Mitch Marner has no value, especially Kings fans. Our antipathy to having anything to do with him is the cost of his acquisition and his salary structure. Giving up our anticipated future #1RhD, a first and two seconds (never mind abandoning the DuBois attempt) for one year of Marner would be moronic asset management even if he were to win the Conn Smythe in his one season with us. Los Angeles fans have dynastic ambitions, not transitory ones.

Selling DuBois at a low point would be just as stupid and criminal as Anaheim selling Trevor Zegras at his low point.

According to this site, Marner is worth nothing. Absolutely nothing it's insane
Feb. 11 at 1:26 p.m.
Once a Kings Fan Too
According to this site, Marner is worth nothing. Absolutely nothing it's insane

I think that you're taking too much to heart here. The healthy respect and admiration for Marner is almost universal -- the reason why no one on CapFriendly will approve a trade for him is the cost basis, not performance/quality issues. Far from being worth nothing, we all reject Marner trade proposals because he's worth too much.

I think that Salma Hayek is the most beautiful woman in the world, and I'd love to date her if she were single, but she's too expensive for me, so I wouldn't even pick up the phone if she divorced her billionaire husband.
MMB and Chirping_in_112 liked this.
Feb. 11 at 1:52 p.m.
Rip
I think that you're taking too much to heart here. The healthy respect and admiration for Marner is almost universal -- the reason why no one on CapFriendly will approve a trade for him is the cost basis, not performance/quality issues. Far from being worth nothing, we all reject Marner trade proposals because he's worth too much.

I think that Salma Hayek is the most beautiful woman in the world, and I'd love to date her if she were single, but she's too expensive for me, so I wouldn't even pick up the phone if she divorced her billionaire husband.

If Kucherov was available, everyone on here would go insane for him and give up a crazy package. Marner? "He costs too much in cap so a mid 1st and an okay prospect is the best you'll get" that is the universal sentiment on here.
Feb. 11 at 6:02 p.m.

Cute sarcasm. He’s a UFA soon that’s why it’s a no.
OldNYIfan, MMB and Chirping_in_112 liked this.
Feb. 11 at 9:30 p.m.
Rip
Cute sarcasm. He’s a UFA soon that’s why it’s a no.

Wouldn't matter if he was signed for 8 years
Feb. 11 at 11:42 p.m.
Wouldn't matter if he was signed for 8 years

Cute sarcasm. Moron
Feb. 12 at 12:03 a.m.
we miss leo k

The reason that Marner trades get almost universally turned down around here is two-fold: first, he's already making $10.9M on a deal that ends after next season, so you're either getting him for the rest of this year and next and waving goodbye, or making sure you can find a home for a $12-13M AAV contract. Second, he's a stud. The amount that you would need to offer in order for Leafs fans on CF to -not- think you're underpaying is enough - I mean, this trade is a perfect example. The Kings are trading a 1st and two 2nds, plus a guy that's thought to be one of the best RHD prospects in the league currently, and a 25-year-old center that they just recently paid a hefty price for.
Feb. 12 at 9:11 a.m.
Rip
Cute sarcasm. Moron

It's not sarcasm, its just how it is.
Feb. 12 at 9:39 a.m.
Rip
Quoting: dannibalcorpse
The reason that Marner trades get almost universally turned down around here is two-fold: first, he's already making $10.9M on a deal that ends after next season, so you're either getting him for the rest of this year and next and waving goodbye, or making sure you can find a home for a $12-13M AAV contract. Second, he's a stud. The amount that you would need to offer in order for Leafs fans on CF to -not- think you're underpaying is enough - I mean, this trade is a perfect example. The Kings are trading a 1st and two 2nds, plus a guy that's thought to be one of the best RHD prospects in the league currently, and a 25-year-old center that they just recently paid a hefty price for.

No one has ever respected him in trade talks. He's always been tossed to the heap on here. Whatever justification is used is nonsense. He's a 26 year old who scores at a 90+ point pace and was a Selke finalist and people would spend more on ****ty old RD than they would for him. It's insane
Feb. 12 at 11:46 a.m.
New GM
No one has ever respected him in trade talks. He's always been tossed to the heap on here. Whatever justification is used is nonsense. He's a 26 year old who scores at a 90+ point pace and was a Selke finalist and people would spend more on ****ty old RD than they would for him. It's insane

Then why are you trading him?
Feb. 12 at 11:47 a.m.
New GM
If Kucherov was available, everyone on here would go insane for him and give up a crazy package. Marner? "He costs too much in cap so a mid 1st and an okay prospect is the best you'll get" that is the universal sentiment on here.

You are defending so much, then why trade him?
Feb. 12 at 1:00 p.m.
Rip
Quoting: MMB
Then why are you trading him?

I don't
Feb. 12 at 1:01 p.m.
Rip
Quoting: MMB
You are defending so much, then why trade him?

It would be wise to check to see if the poster is commenting vs a different fellow.
Feb. 12 at 3:44 p.m.
18 lotteries, 0 wins
Dubois in the Toronto media+fanbase would be nuclear
Feb. 12 at 6:21 p.m.
we miss leo k

I don't think offering up a guy that's regarded as one of the top 5-ish prospects in the entire league, plus a 1st and two 2nds, plus a guy who was traded for a king's ransom this summer is "disrespecting" him, but if you need to turn this into yet another "everyone hates the Leafs" thing, well, I can't stop you.
Feb. 12 at 8:54 p.m.
Rip
I don't think offering up a guy that's regarded as one of the top 5-ish prospects in the entire league, plus a 1st and two 2nds, plus a guy who was traded for a king's ransom this summer is "disrespecting" him, but if you need to turn this into yet another "everyone hates the Leafs" thing, well, I can't stop you.

What's Marner worth then?
Feb. 12 at 9:43 p.m.
we miss leo k
What's Marner worth then?

The problem, to me, with trading someone like Marner is that there are so few deals that the Leafs would see acceptable. The only time you'd do a 1-for-1 deal is if he wanted out and you could manage to get another team to give up someone like a Matthew Tkachuk or David Pastrnak (bad examples because they're in-division, but I think you get the point I'm making value-wise.) If you're moving him to sell him, you're going to lose the trade - it's just the way those trades work. Every time you trade a dollar bill for quarters and dimes, you always wind up losing. The Jack Eichel trade comes to mind - sure, Buffalo got some very nice pieces coming back in a then-25-year-old Alex Tuch, a high value prospect in Peyton Krebs plus another 1st & 2nd - but Vegas got Jack Eichel, a PPG center who helped them win a Cup.

That being said, I think this type of deal is what you'd get if the Leafs decided they wanted to go ahead and move Marner. You have Clarke, a consensus top-10 prospect in the league; you have PLD being the Alex Tuch of the deal as a 25-year-old top 6 player, and the picks don't just match, they're better - a 1st, a 2nd, and an extra 2nd (without Toronto having to send back a 3rd the way the Sabres did.) I think the one change I'd make here is I'd take out PLD and swap in Quinton Byfield - if I'm the Leafs and I'm moving Marner, I'm presumably doing it for cap reasons and I'd rather not take back PLD's $8.5M AAV. Byfield hasn't reached the levels PLD has yet, so it's a bit more of a gamble, but I think it's a strong upside play.
Feb. 13 at 5:53 a.m.
Rip
The problem, to me, with trading someone like Marner is that there are so few deals that the Leafs would see acceptable. The only time you'd do a 1-for-1 deal is if he wanted out and you could manage to get another team to give up someone like a Matthew Tkachuk or David Pastrnak (bad examples because they're in-division, but I think you get the point I'm making value-wise.) If you're moving him to sell him, you're going to lose the trade - it's just the way those trades work. Every time you trade a dollar bill for quarters and dimes, you always wind up losing. The Jack Eichel trade comes to mind - sure, Buffalo got some very nice pieces coming back in a then-25-year-old Alex Tuch, a high value prospect in Peyton Krebs plus another 1st & 2nd - but Vegas got Jack Eichel, a PPG center who helped them win a Cup.

That being said, I think this type of deal is what you'd get if the Leafs decided they wanted to go ahead and move Marner. You have Clarke, a consensus top-10 prospect in the league; you have PLD being the Alex Tuch of the deal as a 25-year-old top 6 player, and the picks don't just match, they're better - a 1st, a 2nd, and an extra 2nd (without Toronto having to send back a 3rd the way the Sabres did.) I think the one change I'd make here is I'd take out PLD and swap in Quinton Byfield - if I'm the Leafs and I'm moving Marner, I'm presumably doing it for cap reasons and I'd rather not take back PLD's $8.5M AAV. Byfield hasn't reached the levels PLD has yet, so it's a bit more of a gamble, but I think it's a strong upside play.

Hilarious
Chirping_in_112 liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll