SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Site Discussion

New Cookiegate

Feb. 22 at 9:51 p.m.
The site started prompting me to accept or reject cookies. If I reject cookies or "withdraw your consent," the menu at the top of the page stops working.

None of the dropdowns will work, the settings gear does nothing, etc. The only thing that seemingly works is the "Forums" link since there's no dropdown or dialog box. If I click "Change your consent" and then "Allow all" the menu options begin to work again.

I realize that it's probably better for the site if a user allows cookies, but not allowing them shouldn't completely break site functionality.

p.s. I actually had to change my cookie settings to "Allow all" just to be able to post this thread.
kaljakori liked this.
Feb. 23 at 6:28 a.m.
Holding users hostage for a functional site over cookies is not going to win anyone's favor lmao. Ridiculous.
Feb. 23 at 10:46 a.m.
Follow capfriendly
Quoting: tkecanuck341
The site started prompting me to accept or reject cookies. If I reject cookies or "withdraw your consent," the menu at the top of the page stops working.

None of the dropdowns will work, the settings gear does nothing, etc. The only thing that seemingly works is the "Forums" link since there's no dropdown or dialog box. If I click "Change your consent" and then "Allow all" the menu options begin to work again.

I realize that it's probably better for the site if a user allows cookies, but not allowing them shouldn't completely break site functionality.

p.s. I actually had to change my cookie settings to "Allow all" just to be able to post this thread.

We are using a new cookie platform for GDPR compliance etc, it appears to have a misconfig causing some issues, investigating

Quoting: kaljakori
Holding users hostage for a functional site over cookies is not going to win anyone's favor lmao. Ridiculous.

This is not a helpful comment in any manner.
NorthernLeafsFan05 liked this.
Feb. 23 at 12:06 p.m.
Quoting: Banks

This is not a helpful comment in any manner.

Perhaps I was harsh, but I hope you can get the site to break on your end in a similar fashion because it is borderline unusable right now, to the point where you need to see it to believe it. Happy to hear you guys are not pulling anything which would force/coerce users to accepting cookies, because I've seen that happen too.
Feb. 23 at 1:23 p.m.
Follow capfriendly
Quoting: kaljakori
Perhaps I was harsh, but I hope you can get the site to break on your end in a similar fashion because it is borderline unusable right now, to the point where you need to see it to believe it. Happy to hear you guys are not pulling anything which would force/coerce users to accepting cookies, because I've seen that happen too.

I would have thought we had built up a better reputation than what you are implying.
kaljakori liked this.
Feb. 23 at 1:23 p.m.
Follow capfriendly
Quoting: tkecanuck341

We are migrating to a different solution that should behave better ASAP, hopefully fixed before EOD.
OldNYIfan liked this.
Feb. 23 at 1:45 p.m.
We are migrating to a different solution that should behave better ASAP, hopefully fixed before EOD.

Great news. Thanks for the update.
Feb. 23 at 2:47 p.m.
I would have thought we had built up a better reputation than what you are implying.

Cynicism comes naturally these days with how these things happen constantly. Happy to be wrong in this case though. And again sorry for my harsh words.
Feb. 23 at 6:40 p.m.
Once a Kings Fan Too
I experienced the problem yesterday morning when I got up. I wrote to "contact@capfriendly" and was immediately e-mailed by a technician who went through the symptoms with me and then told me that CF was looking into the problem, kept me advised of your progress, and then this morning told me to expect a re-configuration either today or early next week at the latest. He then followed up with another e-mail telling me that the software had been changed and when I turned my computer off and re-booted, I had access to my account again.

Good job and great attention to customer service and satisfaction. As I don't FaceSchnook or TweetJerk, CF is effectively my only social media so I appreciate the efforts by the technical staff in resolving a horrible problem promptly and effectively.
ricochetii and NoVaSpartan liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll