SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Toronto Maple Leafs

50Leafs 2023 2024 Season Discussion Part 5 - TDL additions (Go Big or Go Small)

Mar. 4 at 8:15 p.m.
McMann Season
Quoting: aadoyle
Think its time to pull Woll

And Keefe any plans for adjustments lul.

Bruins be slamming all your lines but the 4th one

Has he been bad? Or just for mercy sake
Mar. 4 at 8:18 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: CameronSquires
Has he been bad? Or just for mercy sake

Hes made some saves but 2 of the 3 goals not great
Mar. 4 at 8:20 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Edited Mar. 4 at 8:28 p.m.
Leafs be 6-7-2 against Atlantic opponents (could be 8 end of tonight)

They have BOS (tonight), BUFF, AND BOS before the TDL they have not won a single game against either and have had some embarrassing losses against both

Well so far not a great start to changing the narrative
Mar. 4 at 8:29 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
We just gonna keep rolling out the same lines that aint working tonight or get the blender

At least try something different lul
Mar. 4 at 8:38 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Edited Mar. 4 at 8:59 p.m.
We havent done ourselves any favours tonight but I will say the whistles have been a bit to quick in 3 separate plays that could have lead to a goal for us

Swayman dont have the puck whistle blown

6 on 5 twice we have possession blown dead
Mar. 4 at 8:41 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Edited Mar. 4 at 9:18 p.m.
Brodie-Liligren cannot be the shutdown pair this playoffs thats all im gonna say
Mar. 4 at 9:25 p.m.
Lol CJ saying that Bogo, Dumba, Savard would be his Leafs top 3 trade target board and Savard would potentially be a deal you’d have to include the 1st in…

Kill me now
Mar. 4 at 9:29 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Edited Mar. 4 at 9:45 p.m.
Quoting: LeafsFanForSomeReason
Lol CJ saying that Bogo, Dumba, Savard would be his Leafs top 3 trade target board and Savard would potentially be a deal you’d have to include the 1st in…

Kill me now

Bogo has been a nice pickup for Min and if its like a 5th I would look at it. I liked him here

Bogosian.png

And considering how Brodie-Liligren has faired vs. BOS yea

Dumba per Friedman is unlikely to happen so no need to worry about that
Mar. 4 at 9:31 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Edited Mar. 4 at 9:37 p.m.
Goal for TDL find someone's to either create a shutdown pair or to pair with Brodie

Also another PK bottom 6 forward so u dont need Willy out there on the 2nd unit
Mar. 4 at 10:21 p.m.
Amirov Forever
I know you can't win every game, but Im starting to feel like we just cannot beat the Bruins. They are the antithesis of the Leafs. They execute a very dangerous offensive system perfectly, have a bruting and defensively sound blue line, and two of the best goalies in the league. The Leafs are none of those things and it shows. Games like tonight should serve as excellent reminders that this team is a long way off from competing, and we really shouldn't buy a ton at the TDL. Maybe a move or two for guys that help now and later.

I dont want to make too much of a knee jerk reaction, but this game put all of our issues out on display.
Mar. 4 at 10:35 p.m.
Just Keep Swimming
Quoting: NorthernLeafsFan05
I know you can't win every game, but Im starting to feel like we just cannot beat the Bruins. They are the antithesis of the Leafs. They execute a very dangerous offensive system perfectly, have a bruting and defensively sound blue line, and two of the best goalies in the league. The Leafs are none of those things and it shows. Games like tonight should serve as excellent reminders that this team is a long way off from competing, and we really shouldn't buy a ton at the TDL. Maybe a move or two for guys that help now and later.

I dont want to make too much of a knee jerk reaction, but this game put all of our issues out on display.

I just think it's funny how the Bs have 2 great Goalies (and not even for the first time) while most of the rest of the league are desperate to find a guy who is half way competent
Mar. 4 at 10:39 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: Random2152
I just think it's funny how the Bs have 2 great Goalies (and not even for the first time) while most of the rest of the league are desperate to find a guy who is half way competent

Ullmark has had his struggles recently though I will say that which is why his names coming up a bunch and his last playoffs wasnt great

If he starts we got a shot. Swayman was dialed in tonight
Mar. 4 at 10:39 p.m.

Yep.

Anything can happen once the playoffs start, but I still do not have any believe in this particular group. They're a far cry from being in the top class of contenders. Too many holes. Not a single asset should be heading out the door for things that don't help beyond this year and aren't actual difference makers. Part of the reason why trading a 3rd + for a rental Lyubushkin pissed me the f*ck off.
NorthernLeafsFan05 liked this.
Mar. 4 at 10:40 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Edited Mar. 4 at 11:57 p.m.

TOR just didnt come to play tonight is what I saw but its been a puzzling trend at home and against ATL opponents. Like they did put up a good fight the second and first meetup only Nylander OT giveaway and a shootout loss. We have seen them face this style and win when they play serious but tonight none of it

This was the first one this season was like yea they got caught with the pants down. Nylander, Marner, Matthews not a great showing tonight. Keefe no adjustment to third be also a bruh moment to

Going back to puzzling stuff, Leafs record at home not great then against ATL comp 6-8-2, meanwhile against the West its just domination lul

But in the end warning signs were there based on above and Bruins being 0-1-3 last 4 games u knew it was coming and we were the punching bag
Mar. 4 at 11:12 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Sometimes u read Keefe's quotes and be like huh

Like "We did a lot of good things"

What was good lul

Only thing was keeping the not getting shutout streak alive
Mar. 5 at 7:56 a.m.
Leafs going to Leafs
Quoting: aadoyle
Sometimes u read Keefe's quotes and be like huh

Like "We did a lot of good things"

What was good lul

Only thing was keeping the not getting shutout streak alive

A few bounces go like the Matthews puck going in, 1 of the 6 on 5 being converted and the empty net scramble and it could have easily been 4-3 Leafs (I believe 2 of BOS goals were just after PP)

And the Leafs did outshoot the Bruins...

Woll stopped multiple chances...

There are some goods and bags to take away from this... Wished the Leafs got into a scrum at the end of the game though...
Mar. 5 at 9:11 a.m.
Just Keep Swimming
So I'm really starting to think ahead here, but what about a Broberg-Barron 3rd pair next year? Seems like both could be had on the cheap (Robby and a pick going out)
Mar. 5 at 10:33 a.m.
Amirov Forever
So I'm really starting to think ahead here, but what about a Broberg-Barron 3rd pair next year? Seems like both could be had on the cheap (Robby and a pick going out)

I feel like Broberg is attainable for us (and would be a solid pickup), but Barron is real good and I'd have to imagine Montreal would rather keep him
Random2152 liked this.
Mar. 5 at 10:53 a.m.
Leafs going to Leafs
Gotta think Cowan makes the team out of camp next year... he's on pace to be at Marner's level in 15-16
Mar. 5 at 11:04 a.m.
Amirov Forever
Quoting: Leafsfan98
Gotta think Cowan makes the team out of camp next year... he's on pace to be at Marner's level in 15-16

His speed, tenacity, and 2 way game will be a very welcomed addition. Seems like the exact kind of guy you'd want playing next to Matthews and Marner. He looked so good in the preseason, I can't wait to see what he can do with the Leafs
Mar. 5 at 11:05 a.m.
Just Keep Swimming

He isnt that good. Not dominating to the same extent. I'd give him a look like we did for Minty - maybe he even sticks around - but he wouldn't be wasted in the O if he doesn't clearly belong in the NHL
NorthernLeafsFan05 and aadoyle liked this.
Mar. 5 at 11:09 a.m.
Leafs going to Leafs
His speed, tenacity, and 2 way game will be a very welcomed addition. Seems like the exact kind of guy you'd want playing next to Matthews and Marner. He looked so good in the preseason, I can't wait to see what he can do with the Leafs

Knies-Matthews-Marner
Bert-Domi-Willy
Cowan-JT-Minten
McMann-Kampf-Jarnkrok/Reaves

Sounds so fun
Mar. 5 at 11:10 a.m.
Leafs going to Leafs
He isnt that good. Not dominating to the same extent. I'd give him a look like we did for Minty - maybe he even sticks around - but he wouldn't be wasted in the O if he doesn't clearly belong in the NHL

83 points in 45 games... On pace for 116 points in 63 games and excellent PKer... Would give him a nice hard look
Mar. 5 at 11:13 a.m.
Just Keep Swimming
83 points in 45 games... On pace for 116 points in 63 games and excellent PKer... Would give him a nice hard look

I'm telling you, as someone who Watches him more than scouts do.

Relax
Mar. 5 at 11:18 a.m.
Amirov Forever

His production is on par with Mitch, but they are entirely different players. I doubt Cowan will ever reach the same peak as Marner just because of their playstyles. I doubt Cowan comes in and puts up 60+ points like Mitch did
Saskleaf liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll