$1,300,000$1,300,000
C
UFA - 1
Logo of the Calgary Flames
$3,100,000$3,100,000
C, LW, RW
UFA - 2
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$212,500$212K)
LW, C
RFA - 2
$825,000$825,000
RW
UFA - 2
$775,000$775,000
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$775,000$775,000
RW
RFA - 1
$2,300,000$2,300,000
LW, RW, C
RFA - 1
Logo of the New Jersey Devils
$894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
RW, LW
RFA - 2
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$6,250,000$6,250,000
LD/RD
NTC
UFA - 8
$4,550,000$4,550,000
RD
UFA - 3
$1,237,500$1,237,500
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$775,000$775,000
RD
RFA - 2
$2,200,000$2,200,000
G
UFA - 2
$2,500,000$2,500,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
Logo of the New Jersey Devils
$3,400,000$3,400,000
G
UFA - 2
$925,000$925,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$762,500$762,500
LD
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$762,500$762,500
RW, LW
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Mar. 2 at 12:30 p.m.
You are not getting all that without retaining half
Mar. 2 at 12:32 p.m.
I Love J Boqvist
Going to be very disappointed if that's the expectation
Mar. 2 at 12:33 p.m.
TrevorA
What’s the 1st for if there’s no retention on Markstrom!?

Gotta add something for taking Vanecek though, but that’s probably only a 2nd + 3rd Round Pick or couple of Prospects only, not a 1st

Otherwise Markstrom for Holtz straight up and NJD figures out moving Vanecek themselves. The 1st would only make sense if we were retaining like ~$2mil/yr on Marky
Mar. 2 at 12:42 p.m.
I Love J Boqvist
Quoting: KingofRnR

Gotta add something for taking Vanecek though, but that’s probably only a 2nd + 3rd Round Pick or couple of Prospects only, not a 1st

Otherwise Markstrom for Holtz straight up and NJD figures out moving Vanecek themselves. The 1st would only make sense if we were retaining like ~$2mil/yr on Marky

If Vitek costs meaningfully more than a 3rd to dump we'll keep him. And without retention I expect it's holtz that comes off the board, not the 1st
Mar. 2 at 1:00 p.m.

Whats a comparable trade though? Ryan Miller went at the deadline for a roster player, b prospect, a 1st and a goalie coming back and he was a UFA.

I don't know, check out the Ryan Miller trade, that's the only starting goalie I can find that was traded at the deadline to use as a comparable.
Mar. 2 at 1:05 p.m.
I Love J Boqvist
Quoting: Shaun80
Whats a comparable trade though? Ryan Miller went at the deadline for a roster player, b prospect, a 1st and a goalie coming back and he was a UFA.

I don't know, check out the Ryan Miller trade, that's the only starting goalie I can find that was traded at the deadline to use as a comparable.

Robin Lehner and Fleury were traded in season as starters btw, much more recently.
Mar. 2 at 1:47 p.m.
Big problem is, right around the same time LeBum was reporting that Devils are cool with taking the whole contract, Markstrom basically asked for a trade publicly.

There are no comprables to Markstrom, he was absolute trash last year, he's got 2 more years on his deal, 6 million dollar cap hit.

As fans it was fun thinking he was worth something, but frankly we'll still be better off taking little more than the cap space.
dgibb10 and NHLfan10506 liked this.
Mar. 2 at 2:07 p.m.

That deal had a very solid defensive 3C (Ott) in it as well…and in the return was a cap dump (Stewart), a UFA goalie (Halak) that Buffalo had a hard time flipping, and the prospect (Carrier), who was not viewed among top-100 prospects at time.

Tomas Voukon (2007) might be most similar comp that I have seen. Here is a list of in-season goalie trades.
Mar. 2 at 2:35 p.m.
TrevorA

Tough to say given Markstrom in Hot Right now, also has a Big Cap Hit and Term though, so gonna be hard to find a good comparable from the past to use

Everybody says they’re not paying this or that for a rental, but Marky’s not a rental, so does that mean he’s more valuable lol!? Then they’ll say he’s 34, so they’re not paying this or that because he’s one foot in the geriatric ward lol

Quoting: oilfire
Big problem is, right around the same time LeBum was reporting that Devils are cool with taking the whole contract, Markstrom basically asked for a trade publicly.

There are no comprables to Markstrom, he was absolute trash last year, he's got 2 more years on his deal, 6 million dollar cap hit.

As fans it was fun thinking he was worth something, but frankly we'll still be better off taking little more than the cap space.

We should still get a good package. I think Holtz should pretty much be a set piece at this point, unless Conroy likes another piece better and can swing it

Markstrom’s frustrated. Doesn’t mean anything more than that atm and there’s more Teams out there than just the Devils who need an upgrade in net and will be interested in Markstrom’s services, so we’ll just have to wait and see, but I agree let’s get him off the books and take what we can and give Vladdy & Wolf the reigns

Still probably need to acquire another Goalie for depth and insurance though. Just not interest in Vanecek unless we get paid well to take his $3.4mil x 1.36yrs = $4.6mil and use 2 seasons worth of retention slots up. That’s worth a 2nd + 3rd minimum AFAIC
Mar. 2 at 2:44 p.m.
I Love J Boqvist
Tough to say given Markstrom in Hot Right now, also has a Big Cap Hit and Term though, so gonna be hard to find a good comparable from the past to use

Everybody says they’re not paying this or that for a rental, but Marky’s not a rental, so does that mean he’s more valuable lol!? Then they’ll say he’s 34, so they’re not paying this or that because he’s one foot in the geriatric ward lol

We should still get a good package. I think Holtz should pretty much be a set piece at this point, unless Conroy likes another piece better and can swing it

Markstrom’s frustrated. Doesn’t mean anything more than that atm and there’s more Teams out there than just the Devils who need an upgrade in net and will be interested in Markstrom’s services, so we’ll just have to wait and see, but I agree let’s get him off the books and take what we can and give Vladdy & Wolf the reigns

Still probably need to acquire another Goalie for depth and insurance though. Just not interest in Vanecek unless we get paid well to take his $3.4mil x 1.36yrs = $4.6mil and use 2 seasons worth of retention slots up. That’s worth a 2nd + 3rd minimum AFAIC

My view on Markstrom unretained:

This year: very much positive
Next year at 35: probably around fair value at 6 mill, risky tho
36 years old: I'd rather go after one of the many UFA goalies available that year than have 36 year old markstrom at 6 million (Adin Hill, Saros, Logan Thompson, Georgiev, Vejmelka, Ullmark, Shesterkin, etc)
Mar. 2 at 2:44 p.m.

Mercer, their extra pick they just bought and Vanecek is kinda the best I'm hoping for. We need more options at center, more than we need more draft picks.
Mar. 2 at 3:36 p.m.
TrevorA
Mercer, their extra pick they just bought and Vanecek is kinda the best I'm hoping for. We need more options at center, more than we need more draft picks.

NJD doesn’t want to give up Mercer. We have a better chance of acquiring Lundell out of FLA in a deal for Sharangovich or Hanifin imo
Mar. 2 at 3:54 p.m.
NJD doesn’t want to give up Mercer. We have a better chance of acquiring Lundell out of FLA in a deal for Sharangovich or Hanifin imo

I think we could get Mercer, they need to give him a raise next year, when they're healthy it becomes harder to mix him into the top six.

I think you could convince them they'd rather keep Holtz on ELC for another year. Cash in on Mercer now.

What's not out there though, is what is Jerseys new offer without retention?

It sounded like Holtz and a 1st with retention? Could we just get Mercer without retention?
Mar. 2 at 3:56 p.m.
TrevorA
I think we could get Mercer, they need to give him a raise next year, when they're healthy it becomes harder to mix him into the top six.

I think you could convince them they'd rather keep Holtz on ELC for another year. Cash in on Mercer now.

It sounded like Holtz and a 1st with retention? Could we just get Mercer without retention?

Yeah I’d like Mercer more as well because we specifically need a Centre and already have Coronato as a Top RW Prospect
Mar. 2 at 4:01 p.m.
I Love J Boqvist

You cannot get Mercer with or without retention.
Mar. 2 at 4:02 p.m.
I Love J Boqvist
Yeah I’d like Mercer more as well because we specifically need a Centre and already have Coronato as a Top RW Prospect

Mercer is not on the table.
Mar. 2 at 4:04 p.m.
TrevorA
Quoting: dgibb10
Mercer is not on the table.

Yes, I said that already man

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll