C, RW
NMC
UFA - 6
Logo of the New York Rangers
$2,325,000$2,325,000
LW, RW
RFA - 2
$828,333$828,333 (Performance Bonus$82,500$82K)
LW
RFA - 2
Logo of the Washington Capitals
$1,300,000$1,300,000
C
UFA - 2
Logo of the Anaheim Ducks
-$1,456,250-$1,456,250
LW, C
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$3,641,667$3,641,667
C, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 4
$762,500$762,500
C
UFA - 1
$800,000$800,000
RW, LW
UFA - 2
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$3,872,000$3,872,000
LD
RFA - 2
$9,500,000$9,500,000
RD
UFA - 6
$5,666,667$5,666,667
G
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$3,000,000$3,000,000
LD
RFA - 1
$8,000,000$8,000,000
RD
NMC
UFA - 3
$825,000$825,000 (Performance Bonus$100,000$100K)
G
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$825,000$825,000
LD
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$400,000$400K)
RD
RFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$775,000$775,000
C, RW
UFA - 2
$4,437,500$4,437,500
C, LW
UFA - 4
$800,000$800,000 (Performance Bonus$300,000$300K)
RW
NTC
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Mar. 2 at 2:57 p.m.
2024 1st and another piece for Henrique

A 2nd and a LHD ain’t it guy — LHD is the LAST thing we need
Jded and OldNYIfan liked this.
Mar. 2 at 2:58 p.m.
Dowd for a 1st round pick!? Absolutely not. A 2nd or 3rd at the absolute most

I think we would need retention on Buch for next year. Maybe even just 25%. Retention can go to another team if STL can't swing it. I think in general, Buch trade needs a little more from NYR.
Mar. 2 at 3:07 p.m.
Fantasy Hockey Pro
Quoting: mvp13

I think we would need retention on Buch for next year. Maybe even just 25%. Retention can go to another team if STL can't swing it. I think in general, Buch trade needs a little more from NYR.

People seem to forget that more than one team is allowed to want a player and there is significant interest in Dowd. If you’re at an auction, the price is driven by interested buyers. A third round pick isn’t even in the ballpark. A first round pick is more than realistic for a guy who plays third line minutes, is under contract at 1.3M for another season, is one of the best defensive forwards in the league, and can contribute offensively.
Mar. 2 at 3:16 p.m.
Quoting: GeneralLandro
2024 1st and another piece for Henrique

A 2nd and a LHD ain’t it guy — LHD is the LAST thing we need

Jones can play the right as well. Don't think too many teams have interest in Henrique and forgot to mention a condition in the trade if the Rangers win the cup pick changes to a 1st rd in 26.
Mar. 2 at 3:22 p.m.
B
We're not giving Kakko's career away for 1.5yrs of Buch
Mar. 2 at 3:23 p.m.

Dowd has a low cap hit plus he has rapport with Lavi which is what you need in the deadline players knowing the coaches system. We don't need a retention for Buch for next year. We need a bridge for the rookies that are coming up in the next few years ottoman and Perreault. Trading Kakko is a good thing we won't be able to afford him and laF in the coming years.
Mar. 2 at 3:24 p.m.
Quoting: joez83
Jones can play the right as well. Don't think too many teams have interest in Henrique and forgot to mention a condition in the trade if the Rangers win the cup pick changes to a 1st rd in 26.

Good lord. That’s an even easier pass laugh laugh laugh laugh
Mar. 2 at 3:27 p.m.
Quoting: Fox_Czar_Cup
We're not giving Kakko's career away for 1.5yrs of Buch

Two factors- What do you think he's contract will be next, plus Buch production for the 1.5 years with the cap hit will be a greater return then kakko's performance + new contract.
Next year lines will be if these trades go through
kreid-zib-buch
Bread-tro-laf
cuyyle-chytil-otthman
brodz-dowd-vessey
Mar. 2 at 3:29 p.m.
Quoting: GeneralLandro
Good lord. That’s an even easier pass laugh laugh laugh laugh

What offers have you heard circling for Henrique ?
Mar. 2 at 3:30 p.m.
Quoting: brady_t12
People seem to forget that more than one team is allowed to want a player and there is significant interest in Dowd. If you’re at an auction, the price is driven by interested buyers. A third round pick isn’t even in the ballpark. A first round pick is more than realistic for a guy who plays third line minutes, is under contract at 1.3M for another season, is one of the best defensive forwards in the league, and can contribute offensively.

No. As usual, everyone on here is overvaluing people. Tanev just went for a bag of pucks playing 2nd pair minutes, may even play 1st pair minutes on the Stars. There's a 0% chance Dowd is getting a 1st round pick. You can quote it
Mar. 2 at 3:33 p.m.
Fantasy Hockey Pro
No. As usual, everyone on here is overvaluing people. Tanev just went for a bag of pucks playing 2nd pair minutes, may even play 1st pair minutes on the Stars. There's a 0% chance Dowd is getting a 1st round pick. You can quote it

Lmao okay bud
Mar. 2 at 3:36 p.m.
Lmao okay bud

Sorry but he's wrong lol He will fetch a first round pick if Caps decide to move him
brady_t12 liked this.
Mar. 2 at 3:36 p.m.
aecliptic
Why in the world are we giving up a 1st for Dowd? What exactly has he done in his career to suggest that he is a 3C? The answer is nothing. With how well Brodz has played, the necessity of Dowd has all but dwindled.
mvp13 liked this.
Mar. 2 at 3:38 p.m.
Fantasy Hockey Pro
Sorry but he's wrong lol He will fetch a first round pick if Caps decide to move him

People get caught up in “fourth line center” and think “oh that’s worth like a 3rd round pick.” Dowd is playing third line minutes, and he’s practically putting up Selke numbers with a crazy amount of D zone starts. He can contribute offensively too. A second round pick might be what he fetches, but there’s a serious chance it’s a first round pick and some people really do not like that idea lol.
Mar. 2 at 3:42 p.m.
Quoting: aecliptic
Why in the world are we giving up a 1st for Dowd? What exactly has he done in his career to suggest that he is a 3C? The answer is nothing. With how well Brodz has played, the necessity of Dowd has all but dwindled.

How good is brodz in the playoffs ? Dowd has history with Lavi and the playoffs. Do I think he's worth a first ? no but that's what it takes to get him on our team. He's worth more to NYR because he has played in Lavi's system. This team right now is good but not capable of winning the cup. Look at the 94 trade deadline the reasons for those trades weren't popular for a team that was #1 in the league but if we did not make those trades we would still be without a cup. This is the year we go for it the team is clicking and the changes we would be making would not change the chemistry. Most of these players we would be acquiring have played in the system and or with each other.
Mar. 2 at 3:43 p.m.
People get caught up in “fourth line center” and think “oh that’s worth like a 3rd round pick.” Dowd is playing third line minutes, and he’s practically putting up Selke numbers with a crazy amount of D zone starts. He can contribute offensively too. A second round pick might be what he fetches, but there’s a serious chance it’s a first round pick and some people really do not like that idea lol.

1st round pick for a stanley cup winner is basically a 2nd round pick.
brady_t12 liked this.
Mar. 2 at 3:44 p.m.

He's not playing "3rd line minutes". He's playing 4th line + penalty kill. This is fine, I'm not saying he's bad. He's worth a 2nd max, which is great. Difference is, NYR are already good on their 4th line and penalty killing. They have higher needs for their 2nd round pick, or in this insane idea, a 1st round pick.

The fact that he doesn't play 3rd line on a team with those centers the Crapitals have tells us everything we need to know.
Mar. 2 at 3:55 p.m.
aecliptic
How good is brodz in the playoffs ? Dowd has history with Lavi and the playoffs. Do I think he's worth a first ? no but that's what it takes to get him on our team. He's worth more to NYR because he has played in Lavi's system. This team right now is good but not capable of winning the cup. Look at the 94 trade deadline the reasons for those trades weren't popular for a team that was #1 in the league but if we did not make those trades we would still be without a cup. This is the year we go for it the team is clicking and the changes we would be making would not change the chemistry. Most of these players we would be acquiring have played in the system and or with each other.

There was a time when Dowd WASNT a cup winner, there was a time that Ovi WASNT a cup winner. There are plenty of players in the league that arent cup winners and theres no way you would ever turn them away. So to use that as an excuse to over pay for a bottom 6, PK forward doesnt work for me. Brett Howden has a cup now, does that mean we need to revisit that? No. On the flip side, just cause players win cups doesnt automatically make them all of a sudden must have.
Mar. 2 at 3:55 p.m.
He's not playing "3rd line minutes". He's playing 4th line + penalty kill. This is fine, I'm not saying he's bad. He's worth a 2nd max, which is great. Difference is, NYR are already good on their 4th line and penalty killing. They have higher needs for their 2nd round pick, or in this insane idea, a 1st round pick.

The fact that he doesn't play 3rd line on a team with those centers the Crapitals have tells us everything we need to know.

He's playing 3rd line minutes I don't know what you are talking about... So you are saying with Brodz for 3rd line is the way we go ? If you feel he's that good for the 3rd line .... what do you think he would do if he plays on the 4th line ? would be great hence why if we trade for Dowd would make us a better team. This team right now is good but not good enough to win the cup.
Mar. 2 at 4:00 p.m.
He's playing 3rd line minutes I don't know what you are talking about... So you are saying with Brodz for 3rd line is the way we go ? If you feel he's that good for the 3rd line .... what do you think he would do if he plays on the 4th line ? would be great hence why if we trade for Dowd would make us a better team. This team right now is good but not good enough to win the cup.

I already answered your first question in the quoted reply.

My prefered TDL is Kakko + prospects + picks for Vatrano and Henrique both with retention. 3rd line is some form of Cuyle, Henrique, Brod, and Vesey. 4th line is some form of Cuyle, Edstrom, Goodrow, Rempe, Vesey, and Brod.

Obviously Dowd in some form "makes us better", but so would getting Crosby, McDavid, etc. There is more involved than just "better".
Mar. 2 at 4:02 p.m.
Quoting: aecliptic
There was a time when Dowd WASNT a cup winner, there was a time that Ovi WASNT a cup winner. There are plenty of players in the league that arent cup winners and theres no way you would ever turn them away. So to use that as an excuse to over pay for a bottom 6, PK forward doesnt work for me. Brett Howden has a cup now, does that mean we need to revisit that? No. On the flip side, just cause players win cups doesnt automatically make them all of a sudden must have.

Do you remember 1994 ? You would have probably been upset of those trade deadline deals Neil Smith made. without those trades we do not win the cup. I have faith in Brodz but hang my hat on it in the playoffs against Canes top line or Panthers top line or Bostons top line or Leafs top line I don't. We need to upgrade our third line with good two way players. Hence why the rangers wanted Lindholm asked about Monahan.
Mar. 2 at 4:05 p.m.
I already answered your first question in the quoted reply.

My prefered TDL is Kakko + prospects + picks for Vatrano and Henrique both with retention. 3rd line is some form of Cuyle, Henrique, Brod, and Vesey. 4th line is some form of Cuyle, Edstrom, Goodrow, Rempe, Vesey, and Brod.

Obviously Dowd in some form "makes us better", but so would getting Crosby, McDavid, etc. There is more involved than just "better".

did you really but Dowd and Crosby in the same conversation ?
You think that third line will be able to shut down the top players in a playoff series ? You don't know hockey one bit. Vegas won the cup last year because they had a third line with 2nd line type players. Its called depth ... something the Rangers do not have.
Mar. 2 at 4:05 p.m.
Not a trade I see the Blues having interest in. Also take out the 3rd and add on NY side. If they make a deal with NY they’re gonna ask for Othman. Don’t see KK being of great interest.
Mar. 2 at 4:09 p.m.
Quoting: StLHockey
Not a trade I see the Blues having interest in. Also take out the 3rd and add on NY side. If they make a deal with NY they’re gonna ask for Othman. Don’t see KK being of great interest.

wait till you see what they get from Edmonton then you'll say we should have traded with the Rangers
Mar. 2 at 4:10 p.m.
did you really but Dowd and Crosby in the same conversation ?
You think that third line will be able to shut down the top players in a playoff series ? You don't know hockey one bit. Vegas won the cup last year because they had a third line with 2nd line type players. Its called depth ... something the Rangers do not have.

Cool, and COL won the year before with 1 line and a goalie with an injured eye. It's called the playoffs, anything can happen. But see you Friday when Dowd doesn't fetch a 1st round pick : D

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll