SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL Signings

Florida Panthers signed Gustav Forsling (8 Years / $5,750,000 AAV)

Was this a good signing?
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

Mar. 7 at 12:46 p.m.
Amirov Forever
Gotta be THE best waiver Claim in NHL history, right? He's been such a crucial part of that Florida blueline and got rewarded with a very fair deal. Getting him at under 6 was masterful by Zito
vmark and SoFlaSooner liked this.
Mar. 7 at 2:32 p.m.
It must be really nice being a franchise in a No-State-Income-Tax state
vmark liked this.
Mar. 7 at 3:34 p.m.
Quoting: Rolfadinho
At under $6 million a year? How.

Excellent deal. Sad thing though is that this confirms that either Montour or Ekblad are leaving this offseason.

Do you mean Montour or Reinhart? Because Ekblad isn't a UFA this offseason. And depending on where the cap ends up, we might be able to keep them both. Zito knows how to get things done!
Mar. 7 at 4:29 p.m.
Quoting: SoFlaSooner
Do you mean Montour or Reinhart? Because Ekblad isn't a UFA this offseason. And depending on where the cap ends up, we might be able to keep them both. Zito knows how to get things done!

Ekblad via trade.
SoFlaSooner liked this.
Mar. 7 at 4:31 p.m.
remember that he was "too bad" to play for Carolina and was waived. Common don waddeLL
SoFlaSooner liked this.
Mar. 7 at 6:34 p.m.
He’s come a long way from being a 5th round pick who was waived twice. The term may be a bit long for his age, but the cap hit is a bargain for a top-pair guy, and he was a bit of a late bloomer so maybe he’ll be a late fader.

Guys like Forsling are exactly why waivers exists. Carolina had the foresight to trade for him, but no room for him on their roster. I just checked his career stats and I was surprised to see that he never played a game for Carolina. I thought he had gotten into a few as an injury call-up. Maybe I'm confusing him with the other guy they got in that trade, Anton Forsberg. What a steal that trade was for Carolina, if only they knew what they had. They were really just trying to free up cap space.
Mar. 9 at 10:44 a.m.
mokumboi
UGH I'm still so mad at this. I thought he would be the one they had to let go for cap reasons. Apparently, it will be someone else. This stings hard, I wanted him on a freebie SO BAD. Back to the mofo-ing drawing board for Colt's new partner...

(erases the board, pauses for painful reflection, and then throws the board violently down a flight of stairs like a pissy baby)
Mar. 9 at 10:45 a.m.
mokumboi
Quoting: Rolfadinho
At under $6 million a year? How.

Max term.
Mar. 9 at 2:30 p.m.
He reminds me of Devon Toews. What a great contract.
Mar. 19 at 12:43 a.m.
Hakuna Matata
Edited Mar. 19 at 12:53 a.m.
Should have waited to FA if I was him. Someone would have gave 6.5-7m

Never hurts to explore the market

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit