RFAYEARSCAP HIT
1$1,000,000
1$1,000,000
2$1,250,000
UFAYEARSCAP HIT
3$6,500,000
Trades
MTL
    Anderson was reportedly worth a 1st just last year and eventhough he has very poor performance he might still be interesting in the eyes of a GM. I don't know if someone would be willing to pay for him or if MTL would have to pay for someone to take him but I feel like a team like SJS could be willing to take him on and see if they can turn his production around and get a higher return later in his contract. They don't need the cap for the next couple years anyway
    MTL
    1. 2026 4th round pick (ARI)
    Additional Details:
    The Utah Coyotes will have to start pushing for the playoffs at some point and that requires players. Ylonen is still young and can be a very servicable bottom 6. While MTL needs the roster spot open, ARZ needs to build up their depth with players who can be there for the future
    MTL
    1. 2025 2nd round pick (VAN)
    Additional Details:
    Draft day deal, VAN have a lot of expiring UFA Ds so they will have the space and the need to fill their bottom 4 back up. Harris is young and fits VAN's window at a pretty cheap price
    VAN
    1. Harris, Jordan
    2. 2024 5th round pick (SJS)
    MTL
    1. Lambert, Brad
    Additional Details:
    With McGroarty and Lucius coming up Lambert is being pushed down the prospect ranks, all the while having to compete for spots on the main team with the already established players. This moves reunites Barron with his brother and gives the Jets the solid D prospect they need with an added pick to make up for the difference in skill
    WPG
    1. Barron, Justin
    2. 2025 3rd round pick (VAN)
    Retained Salary Transactions
    DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
    Logo of the MTL
    Logo of the WPG
    Logo of the COL
    Logo of the MTL
    Logo of the MIN
    Logo of the MTL
    Logo of the MTL
    Logo of the MTL
    Logo of the MTL
    Logo of the EDM
    Logo of the WSH
    Logo of the MTL
    Logo of the CGY
    Logo of the MTL
    Logo of the PIT
    Logo of the VAN
    Logo of the MTL
    Logo of the NJD
    Logo of the MTL
    Logo of the DET
    Logo of the MTL
    Logo of the MTL
    Logo of the MTL
    Logo of the MTL
    Logo of the MTL
    Logo of the MTL
    Logo of the MTL
    Logo of the ARI
    Logo of the MTL
    Logo of the MTL
    Logo of the MTL
    ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
    23$87,500,000$71,482,083$1,022,500$4,352,500$16,017,917

Roster

Left WingCentreRight Wing
    Logo of the Montreal Canadiens
    $7,850,000$7,850,000
    LW, RW
    UFA - 7
    $7,875,000$7,875,000
    C
    UFA - 6
    $950,000$950,000 (Performance Bonus$3,500,000$4M)
    RW, LW
    RFA - 1
    $835,000$835,000
    LW, RW
    RFA - 2
    $3,362,500$3,362,500
    C, RW
    RFA - 2
    $6,500,000$6,500,000
    RW, LW
    UFA
    $2,900,000$2,900,000
    C, LW
    RFA - 3
    Logo of the Winnipeg Jets
    $918,333$918,333 (Performance Bonus$375,000$375K)
    C, RW
    RFA - 2
    $3,400,000$3,400,000
    RW, LW
    UFA - 1
    $1,100,000$1,100,000
    LW, RW
    RFA - 1
    $1,700,000$1,700,000
    C
    UFA - 1
    $6,500,000$6,500,000
    RW, LW
    M-NTC, NMC
    UFA - 3
    Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
    $4,875,000$4,875,000
    LD
    M-NTC
    UFA - 2
    $3,500,000$3,500,000
    RD
    UFA - 1
    $3,150,000$3,150,000
    G
    UFA - 3
    $863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$420,000$420K)
    LD/RD
    RFA - 1
    $875,000$875,000
    RD
    RFA - 2
    $890,000$890,000
    G
    RFA - 1
    $867,500$867,500 (Performance Bonus$57,500$58K)
    LD
    RFA - 1
    $766,667$766,667
    RD
    UFA - 1
    ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
    $1,250,000$1,250,000
    LD/RD
    RFA
    $10,500,000$10,500,000
    G
    NMC
    UFA - 2
    $812,500$812,500
    LW, RW
    UFA - 1
    $4,450,000$4,450,000
    C
    M-NTC
    UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
    • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
    Mar. 10 at 12:38 p.m.
    Misses Danault
    None of these trades are getting accepted, and signing Toffoli at that price would be a big mistake
    Mar. 10 at 12:44 p.m.
    I like Harris, not sure I'd give a 2nd for him though. Winnipeg rejects as well
    RationalHockeyFan liked this.
    Mar. 10 at 12:51 p.m.
    Juraj SlafDadsky
    Trade by trade:
    Anderson is not worth a first, if he ever was, he's not anymore. Just based on what I understand about Hughes' style of trading players in and out, Anderson will get dealt 2-3 years from now, when we can retain half of his contract and not have that take up a retention slot for a quarter to half a decade, and that's if he can bounce back from this year and put up some points going forward.
    Ylonen trade is fine in my opinion, unfortunately his days in Montreal are numbered. He haven't panned out the way you'd hope for a second round pick, moving him to another club makes a lot of sense.
    Harris however is kinda the opposite of Ylonen, where he has panned out and established himself in the NHL, but his time in Montreal is coming to an end because we're too stacked at LHD, not because he's not performing well. He was a third round pick to begin with, he's worth a late second by himself, no extra pick necessary.
    Barron still has time, and it's a little unfair to Harris to say that, but it is what it is. Montreal's depth at RHD is still so bad even after drafting Reinbacher that we actively can not afford to be shipping out RHD prospects. Just the trade by itself I think the value is fine, Jets fans probably disagree, but I don't see a world where Montreal trades Barron, unless they plan on drafting another RHD at 4-10 this year... Please dear god do not draft another D at 4-10 this year.
    hoac434 and ricochetii liked this.
    Mar. 10 at 1:03 p.m.
    MisstheWhalers
    Of the Jets forward prospects, Lambert is probably ranked #1 or 2, Lucius is likely #4 or 5 even with the amount of injury troubles he's had.

The Jets have Salomonsson as a promising top 4 RHD prospect, two more RHD prospects on the Moose in Lundmark and Bauer who are probably just 3rd pair guys if they make it.

I assume they'll be extending DeMelo or Pionk and see Lambert as a possible 2C in the future so doubt this would interest them.
    hoac434 and RationalHockeyFan liked this.
    Mar. 10 at 1:08 p.m.
    Quoting: Lafleur10
    Trade by trade:
    Anderson is not worth a first, if he ever was, he's not anymore. Just based on what I understand about Hughes' style of trading players in and out, Anderson will get dealt 2-3 years from now, when we can retain half of his contract and not have that take up a retention slot for a quarter to half a decade, and that's if he can bounce back from this year and put up some points going forward.
    Ylonen trade is fine in my opinion, unfortunately his days in Montreal are numbered. He haven't panned out the way you'd hope for a second round pick, moving him to another club makes a lot of sense.
    Harris however is kinda the opposite of Ylonen, where he has panned out and established himself in the NHL, but his time in Montreal is coming to an end because we're too stacked at LHD, not because he's not performing well. He was a third round pick to begin with, he's worth a late second by himself, no extra pick necessary.
    Barron still has time, and it's a little unfair to Harris to say that, but it is what it is. Montreal's depth at RHD is still so bad even after drafting Reinbacher that we actively can not afford to be shipping out RHD prospects. Just the trade by itself I think the value is fine, Jets fans probably disagree, but I don't see a world where Montreal trades Barron, unless they plan on drafting another RHD at 4-10 this year... Please dear god do not draft another D at 4-10 this year.

I agree with you on Anderson, he probably replaces where I put toffoli on next year's roster. Honestly, I just want Toff back but realistically that probably wont happen and we'll get at least one more year of Anderson. Kent isnt against retaining for 2 years if it means return

Where I don't fully agree is Barron. Yes he still has time but where I think he is expendable is his role. Mailloux is coming up strong and he is offensively minded, Reinbacher is supposed to be a good 2 way D and we still have Savard and Kovacevic signed. In addition, on the left side we have Matheson and Hutson also coming up. We can only play so many Offensively minded D and I unfortunately think that Barron is the most expendable of the lot. If we trade him we still have 4 RD, 2 who can definitely play in the NHL and that is without counting LD who can also play RD.

I think Barron should be traded now while his value is still high and his perceived potential is still up in the air. He can very easily live up to that but I think we just have better prospects in the system
    Lafleur10 liked this.
    Mar. 10 at 1:10 p.m.
    Quoting: MisstheWhalers
    Of the Jets forward prospects, Lambert is probably ranked #1 or 2, Lucius is likely #4 or 5 even with the amount of injury troubles he's had.

The Jets have Salomonsson as a promising top 4 RHD prospect, two more RHD prospects on the Moose in Lundmark and Bauer who are probably just 3rd pair guys if they make it.

I assume they'll be extending DeMelo or Pionk and see Lambert as a possible 2C in the future so doubt this would interest them.

I thought Lucius would be higher ranked than Lambert tbh, my aim for the trade was Barron for probably WPG's 4-5th best prospect, around that range, so maybe Lucius is more sensible?
    Mar. 10 at 1:13 p.m.
    MisstheWhalers
    Quoting: hoac434
    I thought Lucius would be higher ranked than Lambert tbh, my aim for the trade was Barron for probably WPG's 4-5th best prospect, around that range, so maybe Lucius is more sensible?

Yeah I would think so, maybe I'm way off but would think Lambert is higher ranked by the organization then Lucius is just mostly due to injury concerns with Lucius.
    RationalHockeyFan liked this.
    Mar. 10 at 1:16 p.m.
    Seeing Ylonen and Doan on the ice together (again, sort of. Does Alatalo have a kid playing hockey?) would be fun, but I just don't see a lot of room in the lineup next year.

Keller-Hayton-Schmaltz
    Crouse-Cooley-Guenther
    Maccelli-Bjugstad-Kerfoot
    Carcone-McBain- ?

Then you've got Doan, Jenik, N.Smith, Geekie, etc all pushing to fill that spot. O'Brien seems likely to be back to be the 13 because Bear is in love with him.
    Maybe if they move someone (Schmaltz?) there will be more room, but every team has a forward or from three in the same spot as Ylonen looking to break into the next level.

More likely to go after a guy like Harris, where it might actually fill a need.
    Mar. 10 at 1:28 p.m.
    SlafDaddy
    Every team declines.
    Mar. 10 at 1:43 p.m.
    We're there any reports from Montreal media this year on how many 1sts and/or A+ prospects Hughes turned down this year for Anderson?
    Lunya liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
    Question:
    Options:
    Add Option
    Submit Poll