SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Trade Machine Proposals

My offseason fantasy moving forward for both teams and all players

Created by: Augustus
Published: Mar. 13 at 9:53 p.m.
Salary Cap: $87,500,000
Season Days: 186/186 (100%)
Central Registry Determination: This trade has been rejected because the cap hit of one of the teams is below the lower limit

Logo of the Calgary FlamesCalgary Flames

OutStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Kadri, NazemCalgary FlamesNHL-$7,000,000011---0000--
Coleman, BlakeCalgary FlamesNHL-$4,900,000011---0000--
InStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Kotkaniemi, JesperiCarolina HurricanesNHL-$4,820,000011---0000--
Jarvis, SethCarolina HurricanesNHL-$0011---0000--
2025 1st round pick (Logo of the Carolina HurricanesCAR)---100------
ChangeCap SpaceRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Initial$18,699,1671928664711
Change$7,080,0000-10100
Final$25,779,167 (↑)1927 (↓)665 (↑)711000

Logo of the Carolina HurricanesCarolina Hurricanes

OutStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Kotkaniemi, JesperiCarolina HurricanesNHL-$4,820,000011---0000--
Jarvis, SethCarolina HurricanesNHL-$0011---0000--
2025 1st round pick (Logo of the Carolina HurricanesCAR)---100------
InStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Kadri, NazemCalgary FlamesNHL-$7,000,000011---0000--
Coleman, BlakeCalgary FlamesNHL-$4,900,000011---0000--
ChangeCap SpaceRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Initial$31,475,0001220733412
Change-$7,080,000010-100
Final$24,395,000 (↓)1221 (↑)732 (↓)412000
Mar. 13 at 9:53 p.m.
Edited Mar. 14 at 1:34 a.m.
Youth for Calgary, vets for Carolina.

Carolina acquires Brind'Amour's dream 2nd line center for the duration of Carolina's Cup window in Nazem Kadri, along with offensive breakout veteran winger Blake Coleman, another genuine Brind'Amour type of player. Kadri rubs off on Necas and Svechnikov, and makes them driven, responsible players in all areas. And what a great line that would be.

In exchange for this, as well as unloading Jesperi Kotkaniemi's contract onto the Flames, they also send to Calgary breakout young right winger Seth Jarvis and a 2025 1st round pick. Losing Jarvis would be a tough pill to swallow, but based on how Kadri has played during 2023-24 and driven the line with Zary and Pospisil, he ought to be well worth it for at least a few years yet with even better wingers.

For the upcoming season, the Hurricanes ought to be able to fill out all of these TBD's with quality players, 5 to sign with $24m in cap space. Guentzel could re-up for around $7m per on a 5-6 year deal, leaving $17m to fill out the rest, maybe $5-6m per for a 2nd pair D (Skjei?) ($11 left), $4-5m for the other forward (Teravainen again?) ($6m left), and low-cost D-men, upwards of $2m each. EDIT: I forgot the RFAs Necas and Drury to sign. Might have to trade Kuznetsov or something, perhaps go super cheap on the D.

Car 2024-25:

Andersen - Kochetkov

Slavin - Burns
Skjei (UFA) - TBD
Orlov - TBD

Guentzel (UFA) - Aho - Teravainen? (UFA)
Svechnikov - Kadri - Necas (RFA)
Drury (RFA) - Kuznetsov - Coleman
Lemieux - Staal - Fast

The Flames get Seth Jarvis, a huge prize in my opinion. Winnipeg boy, might not mind playing in Canada... The Flames also take a chance on Kotkaniemi, not just ridding Carolina of his long-term contract, but hopefully turning him into a useful player again in a less pressured environment, one in which mistakes don't automatically earn you a demotion because you're chasing the Cup for real. Hope he does what he did in 2022-23 instead of this year.. Also the 2025 1st. The effect Kadri and the other veterans have had on Zary will rub off, and Zary will begin to drive things next season, following Kadri's example. Next captain after Backlund.

Cgy forwards 2024-25:

Huberdeau - Sharangovich - Kuzmenko
Zary - Kotkaniemi - Jarvis (RFA)
Mangiapane - Backlund - Pospisil
Pelletier (RFA) - Rooney - Duehr

OR, I think better:

Huberdeau - Sharangovich - Jarvis (RFA)
Zary - Kotkaniemi - Pospisil
Mangiapane - Backlund - Kuzmenko
Pelletier (RFA) - Rooney - Duehr

Kuzmenko gets traded at the 2024-25 trade deadline, making room for Coronato full-time in the NHL, hopefully he is ready by then. Not to mention whoever Markstrom might fetch in a trade..
cb12 liked this.
Mar. 13 at 10:52 p.m.
Oh shoot, Drury and Necas need contracts. That messes with the plan lol.
Mar. 14 at 1:00 a.m.
On the Rod Meal Plan
Kadri > Kotkaniemi for now, although Kadri's contract is not going to age well imo, and is the exact type of contract the hurricanes have avoided.

Jarvis >>> Coleman. Age, contract status, play in general all favor Jarvis.

Honestly the first is going the wrong way, but I believe Jarvis is as untouchable a player on the Canes as you can get, and as soon as his name is mentioned the calls ends soon after.
Mar. 14 at 1:39 a.m.
Edited Mar. 14 at 2:12 a.m.
Quoting: Huge_Caniac_Abe_Lincoln
Kadri > Kotkaniemi for now, although Kadri's contract is not going to age well imo, and is the exact type of contract the hurricanes have avoided.

Honestly the first is going the wrong way, but I believe Jarvis is as untouchable a player on the Canes as you can get, and as soon as his name is mentioned the calls ends soon after.

Thank you for your input!

As a Flames fan, I can tell you, you would be getting "Colorado Cup run" Kadri. He's been the Flames' best player this year, arguably Markstrom, but what Kadri has done playing with two first year guys is amazing. Biased perhaps, but if you get the same player I've seen this year for the next 3-4 years in Carolina, then absolutely he's the 2nd line C you want! My humble opinion lol. And if Coleman, with his two-way game, can maintain, say, 40-50 points a year, I stand by it. But get your point about Jarvis. It's why I want him for Calgary.

But Cup windows are a factor in negotiating this one, in my mind. As is the influence Kadri would have on Necas and Svechnikov. Build around them the right way, the 'Canes could win 2-3 Cups with that core. (Right?.....)
Mar. 14 at 8:52 a.m.

LOL

More like

Kadri >>> Kotkaniemi
Coleman > Jarvis

Jarvis has 2 more points a whole lot less size grit leadership and defensive ability.
Mar. 14 at 7:08 p.m.
Lets Get Kraken
Canes wouldn’t consider this even if Conroy had a gun to Waddell’s head.
Mar. 14 at 7:43 p.m.
Quoting: evelutions2

So Waddell saw through the Super Soaker... alright, time for the sinister Plan B..
Mar. 14 at 8:26 p.m.
I Love J Boqvist
Quoting: MoxNix
LOL

More like

Kadri >>> Kotkaniemi
Coleman > Jarvis

Jarvis has 2 more points a whole lot less size grit leadership and defensive ability.

Age matters. Contract matters.
Mar. 15 at 2:41 a.m.
Quoting: evelutions2

Quoting: Augustus
So Waddell saw through the Super Soaker... alright, time for the sinister Plan B..

P.s. Plan B is an 8 hour Nickelback concert lol, sorry, I had to. I mean no disrespect to Nickelback.

I also mean the Staind Puddle Theory of a NickelCreed.
Mar. 15 at 2:57 a.m.
Quoting: dgibb10
Age matters. Contract matters.

At this point, in hindsight, yeah, the ages and contracts do matter. I wouldn't say the 1st is going the wrong way, but perhaps if it was simply taken out of the deal, and it just being Jarvis and Kotkaniemi for Kadri and Coleman.

I truly believe that these two players from Calgary would be impact pieces for the Hurricanes for at least a few years before they drop off (and the cap will keep going up). A Cup or two due to the veteran presence of these two dressing room and on-ice leaders who can still put up points, worth a gamble, still stickin' by my story. But yeah, take out the 1st, how 'bout it?
Mar. 15 at 3:02 a.m.
I Love J Boqvist
At this point, in hindsight, yeah, the ages and contracts do matter. I wouldn't say the 1st is going the wrong way, but perhaps if it was simply taken out of the deal, and it just being Jarvis and Kotkaniemi for Kadri and Coleman.

I truly believe that these two players from Calgary would be impact pieces for the Hurricanes for at least a few years before they drop off (and the cap will keep going up). A Cup or two due to the veteran presence of these two dressing room and on-ice leaders who can still put up points, worth a gamble, still stickin' by my story. But yeah, take out the 1st, how 'bout it?

I think if Carolina isn’t high on KK, a KK for Kadri swap could make sense. Kadri certainly worth more for the next 2 years or so; but would likely fall off down the line, while KK could potentially be a valuable asset later.

Jarvis for Coleman is where you really lose me. This one isn’t close imo. Jarvis is gonna take a HAUL to get. I’ve always liked Coleman, but the fact that he’s shooting DOUBLE his career %s this year feels a touch unsustainable to me.

That’s my thoughts as an NJD fan
Mar. 15 at 3:13 a.m.
I think if Carolina isn’t high on KK, a KK for Kadri swap could make sense. Kadri certainly worth more for the next 2 years or so; but would likely fall off down the line, while KK could potentially be a valuable asset later.

Jarvis for Coleman is where you really lose me. This one isn’t close imo. Jarvis is gonna take a HAUL to get. I’ve always liked Coleman, but the fact that he’s shooting DOUBLE his career %s this year feels a touch unsustainable to me.

That’s my thoughts as an NJD fan

Indeed.. well, in my mind, it isn't Kadri/JK and Coleman/Jarvis .. Kotkaniemi has regressed, grown, then regressed again.. he has a 10 team no trade clause kicking in in a couple of years, and if he hasn't shown any progress by then, good luck trading him just before the clause applies.

There is definitely an assumption with this proposal that Kadri is a solid veteran leader who can put up points and play in all situations, Coleman can put up points, plays a solid two-way game as well, and can be a big factor on the penalty kill. Kotkaniemi may or may not rekindle the strong game he played the previous season, but if he doesn't, they'll still be looking for a proper 2C, and JK will have a say as to where he gets moved, if he is ever asked for again in a trade down the line. I have my doubts that Kuznetsov is the guy. Willing to be proved wrong.

Point being, I think Kadri is enough of an upgrade over Kotkaniemi to make this worth it overall, considering the win now situation Carolina is in. Yes, Jarvis is iffy...
Mar. 15 at 3:17 a.m.
I Love J Boqvist
Indeed.. well, in my mind, it isn't Kadri/JK and Coleman/Jarvis .. Kotkaniemi has regressed, grown, then regressed again.. he has a 10 team no trade clause kicking in in a couple of years, and if he hasn't shown any progress by then, good luck trading him just before the clause applies.

There is definitely an assumption with this proposal that Kadri is a solid veteran leader who can put up points and play in all situations, Coleman can put up points, plays a solid two-way game as well, and can be a big factor on the penalty kill. Kotkaniemi may or may not rekindle the strong game he played the previous season, but if he doesn't, they'll still be looking for a proper 2C, as I have my doubts that Kuznetsov is the guy. Willing to be proved wrong.

Point being, I think Kadri is enough of an upgrade over Kotkaniemi to make this worth it overall, considering the win now situation Carolina is in. Yes, Jarvis is iffy...

Jarvis is a stud. The 1st time RFA stud is a very under valued asset on here. I think he’d cost MULTIPLE 1sts. I don’t think that Coleman. Maybe a team would pay a 1st for him, but teams generally don’t fall into the career outlier shooting% trap anymore
Mar. 15 at 9:48 a.m.
On the Rod Meal Plan

I still maintain that as soon as you mention Jarvis the trade call ends. In the rumored Pettersson deal, he was not included. In the rumored Timo Meier deal he was not included. In the rumored Tkachuck deal he was not included. All of those players are much better than Coleman and Kadri. Also, the team has plenty of veteran presence with guys like Burns and Staal, and previous cup winners as well. It's not a particularly young team either, so keeping the young guys is important.
Augustus liked this.
Mar. 15 at 3:13 p.m.
I appreciate the effort and thought put into this but it is very far off. As previously mentioned Jarvis is almost a near untouchable for the canes. It was actually quite comical reading this comment. "Jarvis has 2 more points a whole lot less size grit leadership and defensive ability." There is tons to rebut but it's not worth taking the time other than just laughing it off.

While I do think the Canes look to offload KK to someone this summer (They'll need his cap space off the books) I don't think either Kadri or Coleman fit their needs. For starters Kuzentsov is still under contract at 3.9 next year so unless he looks washed down the stretch and into the playoffs, I fully expect the Canes to roll with him and his expiring contract rather than take on an even older player at double the cost with a lifetime left on his contract.

While Coleman is no Jarvis, he is a really nice player, but again, there really isn't a spot for him. *IF* (and it's a big IF) Necas & Guntzel return there isn't a top 6 spot for Coleman. If either of those guys is gone, I would expect them to bring back Teravainen (who is 3 years younger and a coaches favorite) at or below the 4.9 Colman is costing.

I don't think the Flames are a great fit in what they would have to offer in return, but it's more likely that Necas would be impact player that gets moved this summer.
Augustus liked this.
Mar. 15 at 11:06 p.m.
Jarvis is a stud. The 1st time RFA stud is a very under valued asset on here. I think he’d cost MULTIPLE 1sts. I don’t think that Coleman. Maybe a team would pay a 1st for him, but teams generally don’t fall into the career outlier shooting% trap anymore

I still maintain that as soon as you mention Jarvis the trade call ends. In the rumored Pettersson deal, he was not included. In the rumored Timo Meier deal he was not included. In the rumored Tkachuck deal he was not included. All of those players are much better than Coleman and Kadri. Also, the team has plenty of veteran presence with guys like Burns and Staal, and previous cup winners as well. It's not a particularly young team either, so keeping the young guys is important.

Quoting: Cushmaker
I appreciate the effort and thought put into this but it is very far off. As previously mentioned Jarvis is almost a near untouchable for the canes. It was actually quite comical reading this comment. "Jarvis has 2 more points a whole lot less size grit leadership and defensive ability." There is tons to rebut but it's not worth taking the time other than just laughing it off.

While I do think the Canes look to offload KK to someone this summer (They'll need his cap space off the books) I don't think either Kadri or Coleman fit their needs. For starters Kuzentsov is still under contract at 3.9 next year so unless he looks washed down the stretch and into the playoffs, I fully expect the Canes to roll with him and his expiring contract rather than take on an even older player at double the cost with a lifetime left on his contract.

While Coleman is no Jarvis, he is a really nice player, but again, there really isn't a spot for him. *IF* (and it's a big IF) Necas & Guntzel return there isn't a top 6 spot for Coleman. If either of those guys is gone, I would expect them to bring back Teravainen (who is 3 years younger and a coaches favorite) at or below the 4.9 Colman is costing.

I don't think the Flames are a great fit in what they would have to offer in return, but it's more likely that Necas would be impact player that gets moved this summer.

Ok, so is one of you Bill Scott?? hahaha. This dropped like 4 hours ago...

https://www.nhltraderumor.com/flames-hurricanes-potential-offseason-trade/?fbclid=IwAR2pTvMJNTULZqYYxZfMrMGOV1tyrnNV2M19URnsfMNRfej6a2HWVwN8-uk
Mar. 16 at 12:08 a.m.
I Love J Boqvist
Ok, so is one of you Bill Scott?? hahaha. This dropped like 4 hours ago...

https://www.nhltraderumor.com/flames-hurricanes-potential-offseason-trade/?fbclid=IwAR2pTvMJNTULZqYYxZfMrMGOV1tyrnNV2M19URnsfMNRfej6a2HWVwN8-uk

That site is well known for getting their “rumours” from cap friendly trade machine posts.

Just trying to churn out content. Tbh it was probably written by AI

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll