3$3,000,000
UFAYEARSCAP HIT
2$2,000,000
2$3,000,000
Trades
BUF
  1. Keller, Clayton
Additional Details:
Arizona get a top pick. A young center who can play on third line and be cheap contract. Get top six dman. They also get Sabres top prospect who fans will be extremely upset getting rid of.
ARI
  1. Clifton, Connor
  2. Krebs, Peyton [RFA Rights]
  3. Kulich, Jiri
  4. 2024 1st round pick (BUF)
Additional Details:
Sabres need a boost in offense. Keller is still young a reasonable deal. He should fit in well and I am sure he would happy to accept any deal to get out of Arizona.
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the FLA
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the NSH
Logo of the WSH
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
20$87,700,000$83,916,070$0$2,500,000$3,783,930
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Buffalo Sabres
$9,000,000$9,000,000
LW, RW
NMC
UFA - 3
$7,142,857$7,142,857
C
M-NTC
UFA - 6
$4,750,000$4,750,000
RW, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 2
Logo of the Arizona Coyotes
$7,150,000$7,150,000
LW, RW
NTC
UFA - 4
$7,100,000$7,100,000
C, LW
UFA - 6
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
RW, LW
RFA - 1
$950,000$950,000 (Performance Bonus$650,000$650K)
LW
RFA - 2
$918,333$918,333 (Performance Bonus$1,000,000$1M)
C
RFA - 2
$855,833$855,833
LW, RW
RFA - 1
$3,000,000$3,000,000
LW, RW
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$2,000,000$2,000,000
C, LW
UFA
$775,000$775,000
RW
RFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$3,850,000$3,850,000
LD/RD
RFA - 1
$11,000,000$11,000,000
LD/RD
UFA - 8
$5,000,000$5,000,000
G
RFA
$8,350,000$8,350,000
LD/RD
UFA - 7
$3,000,000$3,000,000
RD
RFA
$3,000,000$3,000,000
G
UFA
$925,000$925,000
LD
RFA - 1
$4,285,714$4,285,714
LD
UFA - 6

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Mar. 17 at 11:05 p.m.
Shibbal18
Rather just keep Kulich and Krebs. Keller isn't the missing piece
LottoPlease liked this.
Mar. 17 at 11:10 p.m.
That’ll be an aggressive decline from everyone. Arizona isn’t selling Keller, a major reason the Yotes didn’t draft Benson was he’s too similar to Keller, Buffalo isn’t going to go after him as they have a player who can develop into him
Novistic liked this.
Mar. 17 at 11:21 p.m.
BigDog91
Quoting: Yotes269
That’ll be an aggressive decline from everyone. Arizona isn’t selling Keller, a major reason the Yotes didn’t draft Benson was he’s too similar to Keller, Buffalo isn’t going to go after him as they have a player who can develop into him

Having similar elite players isn’t a problem. A guy who can put up ppg without linemates would be huge add. Sabres have one of the tallest and heaviest lineups in the league right now. So it wouldn’t be huge deal for them and league is changing making it easier for smaller players.
Sabres need goals and Keller would help even out the lines.
BUFF36 liked this.
Mar. 18 at 12:23 a.m.
Is a new coach not the first thing Buffalo should be looking for?
Czu8iks liked this.
Mar. 18 at 12:24 a.m.
Go Cavs
Quoting: Yotes269

Quoting: BigDog91
Having similar elite players isn’t a problem. A guy who can put up ppg without linemates would be huge add. Sabres have one of the tallest and heaviest lineups in the league right now. So it wouldn’t be huge deal for them and league is changing making it easier for smaller players.

Getting Quinn back healthy would help a ton in the goals department, and they need to now address third line center, Keller unfortunately doesn’t help there. And if our third line next season is Benson, Savoie and Peterka, we’re not making the playoffs with that. That line will get rolled defensively at the NHL level.

Buffalo has a lot of big players on their team, but a lot of those aren’t gonna be confused for Todd Bertuzzi any time soon. Power, Thompson, Tuch, Samuelsson, these guys are not overly physical players despite their size. Greenway is only is the only guy who comes close to playing that type of game, and even he leaves a lot to be desired for. After him,
Probably Cozens, Dahlin, Krebs and Clifton, but in this deal, Krebs and Clifton are getting dealt.

I think it’s an appropriate price for Keller, and Keller is a hell of a player, but I dont think Arizona does it, and I don’t think Buffalo parts with their major assets for that. They’d be more likely to do it for Crouse, but it’s because guys like Crouse are rare in the NHL
Mar. 18 at 12:29 a.m.
Go Cavs
Quoting: Canucks33

Honestly, I think Granato is a good coach, but I think the issue is the assistants and the roster. There are too many friends of the coach and GM on the staff and as result, there’s a lack of experience behind the bench.

The team rallied back into the playoff race behind their coach, they certainly haven’t quit on him, and I think he’s done what he can we what he was given. The star players on this team that are well paid have just not been executing, it’s a down year for several guys from a shooting standpoint, and now although we added to the D and solidified it, we now are in dire need of a third line center,

But the bigger issue is the GM. Granato has to coach the team that he was given, and the biggest mistake of the offseason was Adams doing to little to nothing to add to they roster when it needed help, especially when Jack Quinn went down.

Not to mention, the owner won’t do it. The biggest problem of all is the owner.

If they fire Don Granato, they’ll end up with Seth Appert as coach. Thats the Terry Pegula way, because he doesn’t want to pay multiple coaches to not coach.
Canucks33 and Shibbal18 liked this.
Mar. 18 at 12:58 a.m.
AZ can not will not do this, it was a fair trade even last year but now the team cant trade the only star the face of the team for more futures, that message to fans and locker room is the rebuild will never end.
Mar. 18 at 1:14 a.m.
Quoting: CuyahogaKid
Honestly, I think Granato is a good coach, but I think the issue is the assistants and the roster. There are too many friends of the coach and GM on the staff and as result, there’s a lack of experience behind the bench.

The team rallied back into the playoff race behind their coach, they certainly haven’t quit on him, and I think he’s done what he can we what he was given. The star players on this team that are well paid have just not been executing, it’s a down year for several guys from a shooting standpoint, and now although we added to the D and solidified it, we now are in dire need of a third line center,

But the bigger issue is the GM. Granato has to coach the team that he was given, and the biggest mistake of the offseason was Adams doing to little to nothing to add to they roster when it needed help, especially when Jack Quinn went down.

Not to mention, the owner won’t do it. The biggest problem of all is the owner.

If they fire Don Granato, they’ll end up with Seth Appert as coach. Thats the Terry Pegula way, because he doesn’t want to pay multiple coaches to not coach.

Maybe I'm thinking too simplistically but Tocchet has been the single most important factor in the Canucks finally putting it together this year. Simply flipping our blown leads from last year into wins is what catapulted us up the standings. That was accomplished by bringing in a sound structure and effectively communicating it to EVERYONE on the team.

I wouldn't pretend the know the Sabres as well as their fans, but from the outside there seems to be a complete lack of structure, trust and consistency on defense. I think that can be attributed to having a young team and coaching. I don't get the impression that Granato is the guy to bring that element as a coach. Of course getting more veterans, defensive players and toughness would help too (like the Canucks bringing in Blueger, Suter, Cole, Soucy, etc). Of course the goaltending voodoo applies to Buffalo as well at least until recently.
Mar. 18 at 6:17 a.m.
Quoting: BigDog91

To bad there a bunch of Perimeter Pu$$ies with that size.
Mar. 18 at 6:46 a.m.
Quoting: Canucks33

It should, but this is not happening
Mar. 18 at 2:15 p.m.
Shibbal18
Quoting: CuyahogaKid
Getting Quinn back healthy would help a ton in the goals department, and they need to now address third line center, Keller unfortunately doesn’t help there. And if our third line next season is Benson, Savoie and Peterka, we’re not making the playoffs with that. That line will get rolled defensively at the NHL level.

Buffalo has a lot of big players on their team, but a lot of those aren’t gonna be confused for Todd Bertuzzi any time soon. Power, Thompson, Tuch, Samuelsson, these guys are not overly physical players despite their size. Greenway is only is the only guy who comes close to playing that type of game, and even he leaves a lot to be desired for. After him,
Probably Cozens, Dahlin, Krebs and Clifton, but in this deal, Krebs and Clifton are getting dealt.

I think it’s an appropriate price for Keller, and Keller is a hell of a player, but I dont think Arizona does it, and I don’t think Buffalo parts with their major assets for that. They’d be more likely to do it for Crouse, but it’s because guys like Crouse are rare in the NHL

Mostly agree, except for Benson, Savoie/Kulich/Krebs, Peterka not being a viable line. Savoie and Kulich would be on a lot of NHL rosters already, they aren't green and they have a ton of talent

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll