Forums/Armchair-GM

TOR trade

Created by: LuckyMoneyPuck
Team: 2024-25 Pittsburgh Penguins
Initial Creation Date: Mar. 23, 2024
Published: Mar. 23, 2024
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
I hope by the end of the draft the team looks something like this.

The biggest issue this team has had is these idiot GM's coming i n thinking they have to "fix" it all in 1 year and they end up making horrible moves.
Slow and steady rebuilt step by step.
Step one, get Cap moved around.
EK is a really good player. But he's not the player the penguins ever needed. They move EK and bring in JT who TOR wants to dump. The JT contract is only 1 year. They aren't going to be cup contenders next year anyway so it's easy to swallow it.
They add in a good young 3rd liner in Knies and pick up a 1sst. It's a decent return on moving EK out, and taking JT on. For TOR they gain the defenseman who can really push play that they really need.

PIT also move out Smith's contract, again, it's only 1 year so they can handle the cap hit on the retention. EDM needs cost controlled wingers and getting one with no term makes sure it doesn't weigh the team down in the future.

This can also helps the Pens long term, as they move on from Eller they can resign JT to be the 3C at a reasonable cap hit.

This gives the team 1 more year of development on OP and BY before bringing them into the fold.
A 2 year plan to build the team out is really what is needed at this point. There is no magic solution to make this team a contender next year. The best they can do is make a 2 step process.

Move money out, pick up a young player or two, let prospects develop and attempt to fix the blueline picking up 2 guys at decent cap hits who can help but with contracts that won't sink the team.

This team also needs to bring in a new coach. They need someone who can actually realize they need to adapt. The old core can't run put and down the ice anymore. They need to slow the game down. Have a more cycle possession offense while letting the defense actually play defense instead of constantly trying to jump up in the play.
Free Agent Signings
RESERVE LISTYEARSCAP HIT
2$950,000
3$950,000
3$950,000
RFAYEARSCAP HIT
2$900,000
2$900,000
2$900,000
UFAYEARSCAP HIT
5$3,800,000
2$1,000,000
Trades
PIT
  1. Knies, Matthew
  2. Tavares, John
  3. 2024 1st round pick (TOR)
Additional Details:
The penguins get a pick and a decent young 3rd liner.
TOR
  1. Karlsson, Erik
Additional Details:
TOR gets the defenseman they need and Dumps JT's contract.
PIT
  1. 2024 2nd round pick (EDM)
Additional Details:
EDM needs cost effective forwards who can help a playoff push.
EDM
  1. Smith, Reilly ($2,500,000 retained)
Buyouts
Retained Salary Transactions
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the FLA
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the SJS
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the CHI
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
22$87,500,000$81,791,009$0$57,500$5,708,991
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Pittsburgh Penguins
$4,500,000$4,500,000
LW
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$8,700,000$8,700,000
C
NMC
UFA - 1
$5,125,000$5,125,000
RW, LW
NMC
UFA - 4
Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
$11,000,000$11,000,000
C, LW
NMC
UFA - 1
$6,100,000$6,100,000
C
NMC
UFA - 2
$5,000,000$5,000,000
RW, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 4
$925,000$925,000
LW
UFA - 1
$2,450,000$2,450,000
C
UFA - 1
Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
$925,000$925,000
LW, RW
RFA - 1
$900,000$900,000
C, LW
RFA
$2,000,000$2,000,000
C, RW
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$900,000$900,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$800,000$800,000
RW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$4,025,175$4,025,175
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$6,100,000$6,100,000
RD
NMC
UFA - 4
$5,375,000$5,375,000
G
M-NTC
UFA - 4
$4,500,000$4,500,000
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 5
$3,800,000$3,800,000
RD
UFA
$886,667$886,667 (Performance Bonus$57,500$58K)
G
RFA - 2
$1,000,000$1,000,000
LD
UFA
$900,000$900,000
RD
RFA
$900,000$900,000
LD
UFA

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Mar. 23 at 10:35 p.m.
SkateOrDie
Quoting: Ryminister_92
Rielly can actually play some defence. Rielly is producing more offence than Karlsson. Rielly has a less cap hit than Karlsson. Rielly has more term on his contract left than Karlsson. Rielly doesn’t have the injury history that Karlsson has. Rielly is not regressing like Karlsson is.

How many more points do you need to read to realize that Rielly is better than Karlsson right now and more valuable?

This has nothing to do with Toronto fans. I think 95% of hockey fans would say Rielly is better at this point. You’re just trying your damnest to validate a horrible proposal. Just give up dude, take the L and the constructive criticism. Drop the ego.

your point is so ridiculously bad isn't worth my time.
Mar. 23 at 10:36 p.m.
Quoting: LuckyMoneyPuck
your point is so ridiculously bad isn't worth my time.

LOL! Great debate!

You’re so bad that you can’t even think of something to say 🤣
Mar. 23 at 10:38 p.m.
SkateOrDie
Quoting: Ryminister_92
According to Forbes (the company that evaluates teams value)
1. Toronto Maple Leafs - $2.8B
2. New York Rangers - $2.7B
3. Montreal Canadiens - $2.3B

… take the L kid. You’re making yourself look extremely stupid right now.

I don't give a F what forbes said. They have been wrong so many times it's not even funny.
No serious person takes forbes seriously it's a step up from enquire magazine writing about alien visists.

Have an honest valuation of the market instead of what some dumb magazine says.
It's not rocket science to see the NYC TV contract market is worth a TON more than TOR. The ticket sales are worth far more than TOR. They sell more Merchandise than TOR.
1 + 1 = 2.
Take the L yourself kid.
It's like saying the Raptors are worth more than the knicks...... They aren't.
Mar. 23 at 10:39 p.m.
We all know how TOR fans get their panties in a knot.

Just like you saying Rust isn't a top 6 forward. 21 goals in 49 games.

Rakell btw is stuck on a line with an aging Malkin. There isn't much he can do about that. He's 37 the wheels are coming off.
Hard to blame that on the player stuck on his wing.

You are just upset your little world has been rocked. Go find your safe space obviously capfriendly isn't it lol

The same could be said about nylander then right? He's stuck on a line with an aging Tavares... Oh wait nylander is having a career year... With John Tavares as his most frequent centerman.....
Mar. 23 at 10:43 p.m.
I don't give a F what forbes said. They have been wrong so many times it's not even funny.
No serious person takes forbes seriously it's a step up from enquire magazine writing about alien visists.

It's not rocket science to see the NYC TV contract market is worth a TON more than TOR. The ticket sales are worth far more than TOR. They sell more Merchandise than TOR.
1 + 1 = 2.
Take the L yourself kid.

Ah okay. I’ll believe you as a kid sitting behind his parents computer over a reputable international source just because you say so!

You’re hilarious kid.
Mar. 23 at 10:44 p.m.

1 + 1 = 2.
Take the L yourself kid.

You seem to care more about what team is worth more rather than the players on the team. New York also is the most expensive team to buy tickets nothing to do with sales. The leafs sell out every game and did so even throughout the tank years unlike Pittsburgh.... Look at that rink now....
Mar. 23 at 10:57 p.m.

1 + 1 = 2.
Take the L yourself kid.

Bud NYC is a bigger city than T.O. but so is LA or even Shanghai… who cares. Toronto is the biggest hockey market in the world. Indisputable and inarguable. #rentfree
Mar. 23 at 10:59 p.m.
SkateOrDie
Quoting: TheOtherAuston
You seem to care more about what team is worth more rather than the players on the team. New York also is the most expensive team to buy tickets nothing to do with sales. The leafs sell out every game and did so even throughout the tank years unlike Pittsburgh.... Look at that rink now....

A. I'm not the one who brought up the "most valuable market" bs. I'm the one pointing out that TOR is clearly not the most valuable market in hockey.
It's just more TOR homerism to believe their 2.7 mil person city market is worth more than a city 3x it's size. Which any rational person would tell you is utter BS.
Nor does it have anything to do with the tiny city of Pittsburgh that has like 1/3 the population of TOR.

You are just another TOR fan mad that people came on here and made a reasonable trade offer instead of the typical TOR posts of Braco for a 1st.
Which is why TOR fans valuations of it don't mean anything.
Nor do your opinions of player, because remember Kessel was fat old and slow... yet somehow they all had nothing to say with Phil putting hot dogs in the cup.
One day when you TOR fans realize the sun doesn't revolve around you, you'll get it. Until then, you do you!
Mar. 23 at 11:17 p.m.
SkateOrDie
Quoting: MitchJr
Bud NYC is a bigger city than T.O. but so is LA or even Shanghai… who cares. Toronto is the biggest hockey market in the world. Indisputable and inarguable. #rentfree

no actually that's the point, it isn't. If it was, why don't they sell more merchandise than others?
Shanghai doesn't have an NHL team there smart one. LA is only about 1 million people bigger than TOR. It's no where even close to the size of NYC, anyone who's even seen pictures of the two would argue that.
There are a whole slew of reasons why it's NYC, it's not just the size of the market, it's the income level of the people there (which make the market worth more), and the value of playing in a city like that.
You are comparing apples to grapes. You a bit sour there in TOR.
Mar. 23 at 11:23 p.m.
no actually that's the point, it isn't. If it was, why don't they sell more merchandise than others?
Shanghai doesn't have an NHL team there smart one. LA is only about 1 million people bigger than TOR. It's no where even close to the size of NYC, anyone who's even seen pictures of the two would argue that.
There are a whole slew of reasons why it's NYC, it's not just the size of the market, it's the income level of the people there (which make the market worth more), and the value of playing in a city like that.

Not sour bud, just amused. We like facts - go do some research on the which team is the most valuable, most profitable, highest revenue generator and highest tv ratings in the league. Once you do - apologies accepted.
Mar. 23 at 11:27 p.m.
Benoit for Norris
when you think points makes Rielly a better player than EK
this is why TOR fans are considered homers.

I mean what else does EK have on Rielly… nothing if he doesn’t have a good 30 points on another D he isn’t better than them because that is how bad defensively he is.
Mar. 23 at 11:28 p.m.
A. I'm not the one who brought up the "most valuable market" bs. I'm the one pointing out that TOR is clearly not the most valuable market in hockey.
It's just more TOR homerism to believe their 2.7 mil person city market is worth more than a city 3x it's size. Which any rational person would tell you is utter BS.
Nor does it have anything to do with the tiny city of Pittsburgh that has like 1/3 the population of TOR.

You are just another TOR fan mad that people came on here and made a reasonable trade offer instead of the typical TOR posts of Braco for a 1st.
Which is why TOR fans valuations of it don't mean anything.
Nor do your opinions of player, because remember Kessel was fat old and slow... yet somehow they all had nothing to say with Phil putting hot dogs in the cup.
One day when you TOR fans realize the sun doesn't revolve around you, you'll get it. Until then, you do you!

Once again you are the only person who thinks it's reasonable.

The numbers don't lie. Toronto is currently the highest valued team in the league.

You keep digging yourself one hole after another. You've been on this site for a month, and by the looks of it it seems you have very little ability to accept that you are wrong about anything so I'll be done responding here. I seriously hope you get the necessary help you need because it ain't a healthy way of life.
Mar. 23 at 11:34 p.m.
SkateOrDie
Quoting: carter_mackenzie24
I mean what else does EK have on Rielly… nothing if he doesn’t have a good 30 points on another D he isn’t better than them because that is how bad defensively he is.

Talent has nothing to do with points.
Rielly doesn't have to split time with another Dman. Period. You aren't comparing things on equal grounds. It's not like the penguins told Letang, hey go sit down EK is going to do it all.
That's just how it is. This is why I have said, they keep putting him on a team that already has a 1RD. They did it in SJS and when Burns left EK shot back up to the top.
He needs a team where he is the guy, like it was in OTT, and in SJS when Burns left. That isn't PIT. So the points mean nothing.
Reilly is not better than EK. That's just insane though process.
Mar. 23 at 11:36 p.m.
Benoit for Norris
Talent has nothing to do with points.
Rielly doesn't have to split time with another Dman. Period. You aren't comparing things on equal grounds. It's not like the penguins told Letang, hey go sit down EK is going to do it all.
That's just how it is. This is why I have said, they keep putting him on a team that already has a 1RD. They did it in SJS and when Burns left EK shot back up to the top.
He needs a team where he is the guy, like it was in OTT, and in SJS when Burns left. That isn't PIT. So the points mean nothing.
Reilly is not better than EK. That's just insane though process.

Okay while a disagree, I’m just going to stop now and say THE LEAFS IN THE SLIGHTEST DO NOT NEED KARLSSON end of discussion
Mar. 23 at 11:53 p.m.
SkateOrDie

The numbers don't lie. Toronto is currently the highest valued team in the league.

You keep digging yourself one hole after another. You've been on this site for a month, and by the looks of it it seems you have very little ability to accept that you are wrong about anything so I'll be done responding here. I seriously hope you get the necessary help you need because it ain't a healthy way of life.

right you over here go on with Forbes, even though every rich person has called forbes out for being utter BS on their valuations.
Doesn't matter if it was Musk or Kanya. Forbes has been called bs for longer than you been alive but you keep buying it.
I point out to you real hard facts.
The rangers ownership owns MSG. what do you think is worth more, MSG or scotia? How massive do you think the valuation between those two is. Just look at the cost of property in TOR compared to TOR and figure that one out. MSG alone is worth Billions. I think Scotia arena was valued at 500 million like 2-3 years ago.
Their ticket prices are higher aka revenue. They sell more merchandise.
The rangers are consistently tops in the league in all those regards.
Like I said. It's like saying the raptors are worth more than the knicks. They aren't.
The NYC market is just so much more valuable and the land assets tied to the team are worth so much more.
That's in an aging MSG too. Wait till they build a new arena.... it isn't even close. Hell It's built on top of Penn Station. The value of the land alone is insane let alone the arena on top of it.

Financials might be hard for you to admit. But it's not hard to figure out why the rangers are worth so much and have the most valuable market.
It's not just a current year issue either. It's an every year thing. Even when they aren't winning they are still worth more than everyone else because it's NYC and there are like 8-9 million people there. When your city is 3x the size it's just a more valuable market.

People like you are the kind of people who believe what people tell you. These were the same people who said the Cleveland cavs were a top 5 valuation team when Lebron played for them. Like winning had anything to do with the value of the team in small market cleveland. It didn't. The Knicks will always be the most valuable franchise in the NBA just like the Yankees will always be the most valuable team in MLB. Doesn't matter if they are winning or losing. It's NYC, that's what it has to do with.
You just hell bent on believing what you want to believe instead of being realistic about it. Owning and playing in an arena in the heart of downtown Manhatten is worth far more than in TOR.
The TV and advertisement in a city of 8-9 million is more than in one of 2.7 million. It's not hard to figure out that bigger markets are more valuable. Especially when the average disposable income in that market is higher. NYC doesn't only have more millionaire and billionaires than anywhere in canada, but they have more people making 6 figure salaries than anywhere in the entire world.
If you don't think that matters you are kidding yourself. That's one of the reasons that the Rangers sell so much more Merchandise, people there got money to spend.
but go one, think TOR is the biggest market.
Mar. 24 at 12:21 a.m.

Rielly is just as bad, if not worse, defensively than Karlsson
Mar. 24 at 12:21 a.m.
Haha he is atrocious defensively, last year even when he put up 100 points he didn’t win Norris why? Maybe because he plays no defence, also where have you seen a EK trade to Toronto and no TO fan is paying that

Uhhhh who do you think won the Norris last year if you don’t think it was Karlsson?
carter_mackenzie24 liked this.
Mar. 24 at 12:38 a.m.
Benoit for Norris
Quoting: mv21227
Uhhhh who do you think won the Norris last year if you don’t think it was Karlsson?

Haha my bad I swear I remember someone else winning it. I think I was thinking of Josi when he got like 96 points and didn't win
Mar. 24 at 1:17 a.m.
this is a joke right?... why do you have the 1st going to pittsburgh LOL

there is also a 0% chance the leafs give up their future assistant captain and best power forward in Knies for a 40 year old diminished EK who cant play defence

if you made this for bait, good job

if you genuinely thought this was a good trade idea, please delete your account and never even view this website again. have some shame man lmaooo
Mar. 24 at 6:53 a.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer

right you over here go on with Forbes, even though every rich person has called forbes out for being utter BS on their valuations.
Doesn't matter if it was Musk or Kanya. Forbes has been called bs for longer than you been alive but you keep buying it.
I point out to you real hard facts.
The rangers ownership owns MSG. what do you think is worth more, MSG or scotia? How massive do you think the valuation between those two is. Just look at the cost of property in TOR compared to TOR and figure that one out. MSG alone is worth Billions. I think Scotia arena was valued at 500 million like 2-3 years ago.
Their ticket prices are higher aka revenue. They sell more merchandise.
The rangers are consistently tops in the league in all those regards.
Like I said. It's like saying the raptors are worth more than the knicks. They aren't.
The NYC market is just so much more valuable and the land assets tied to the team are worth so much more.
That's in an aging MSG too. Wait till they build a new arena.... it isn't even close. Hell It's built on top of Penn Station. The value of the land alone is insane let alone the arena on top of it.

Financials might be hard for you to admit. But it's not hard to figure out why the rangers are worth so much and have the most valuable market.
It's not just a current year issue either. It's an every year thing. Even when they aren't winning they are still worth more than everyone else because it's NYC and there are like 8-9 million people there. When your city is 3x the size it's just a more valuable market.

People like you are the kind of people who believe what people tell you. These were the same people who said the Cleveland cavs were a top 5 valuation team when Lebron played for them. Like winning had anything to do with the value of the team in small market cleveland. It didn't. The Knicks will always be the most valuable franchise in the NBA just like the Yankees will always be the most valuable team in MLB. Doesn't matter if they are winning or losing. It's NYC, that's what it has to do with.
You just hell bent on believing what you want to believe instead of being realistic about it. Owning and playing in an arena in the heart of downtown Manhatten is worth far more than in TOR.
The TV and advertisement in a city of 8-9 million is more than in one of 2.7 million. It's not hard to figure out that bigger markets are more valuable. Especially when the average disposable income in that market is higher. NYC doesn't only have more millionaire and billionaires than anywhere in canada, but they have more people making 6 figure salaries than anywhere in the entire world.
If you don't think that matters you are kidding yourself. That's one of the reasons that the Rangers sell so much more Merchandise, people there got money to spend.
but go one, think TOR is the biggest market.

I question what the TV/radii revenue is from Rangers. Sure New York City is bigger than Toronto, but how many eyes are actually watching Ranger games. I don't know the answer, but I do know just by going by population isn't THAT relevant when talking viewership.
Agree with you on the Yankees, they kill it wth viewership. The Blue Jays and Raptors are kinda "Canada's team" so to say their viewership isn't limited to the population of Toronto is not accurate. Nor to say Leafs media revenue is limited to just the the 2.7m residents of city of Toronto.
Mar. 24 at 8:21 p.m.
SkateOrDie
Quoting: palhal
I question what the TV/radii revenue is from Rangers. Sure New York City is bigger than Toronto, but how many eyes are actually watching Ranger games. I don't know the answer, but I do know just by going by population isn't THAT relevant when talking viewership.
Agree with you on the Yankees, they kill it wth viewership. The Blue Jays and Raptors are kinda "Canada's team" so to say their viewership isn't limited to the population of Toronto is not accurate. Nor to say Leafs media revenue is limited to just the the 2.7m residents of city of Toronto.

A. Why don't you say what you really want to say with the whole "isn't relevant" comment. I'll leave that at that. The population size matter.
B. To say the leafs viewership isn't "limited" to 2.7m is just bs. That's what the local TV contracts are worth. Everything else is on a national level and split equally between teams. Teams keep their local markets, rights etc... Even if it wasn't. The outside community of NYC is WAY larger than that of TOR. It's not even close. Probably a larger disparity in that, than in the metro area itself.
There is no way to flip this. It just is what it is. That's the difference of a city of almost 9 million compared to one of 2.7 million. These are just basic facts.
If you can realize that somehow the blue jays and Raptors aren't worth as much as the Yankees, Mets, or Knicks. But somehow can't figure out that the Rangers are more valuable than the leafs you got issues.
Mar. 24 at 8:27 p.m.
SkateOrDie

according to who?
Forbes? Their numbers are known to be total $#!T. They have been called out left and right on it. They make clickbait for people who are idiots.
Everyone knows they don't have access to numbers. Which is why they value teams based on their winning or losing. Which isn't how a team is valued. Hell they put tiny little cleveland as one of the most valuable teams in the NBA when they had LeBron. But cleveland has never been a high value team due to the small city size.
Try using logic and being honest about it.
Mar. 24 at 9:40 p.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
A. Why don't you say what you really want to say with the whole "isn't relevant" comment. I'll leave that at that. The population size matter.
B. To say the leafs viewership isn't "limited" to 2.7m is just bs. That's what the local TV contracts are worth. Everything else is on a national level and split equally between teams. Teams keep their local markets, rights etc... Even if it wasn't. The outside community of NYC is WAY larger than that of TOR. It's not even close. Probably a larger disparity in that, than in the metro area itself.
There is no way to flip this. It just is what it is. That's the difference of a city of almost 9 million compared to one of 2.7 million. These are just basic facts.
If you can realize that somehow the blue jays and Raptors aren't worth as much as the Yankees, Mets, or Knicks. But somehow can't figure out that the Rangers are more valuable than the leafs you got issues.

Your facts are wrong as usual. The Leafs certainly don't share their TV/media equally with the other six Canadian hockey team. Just like the Rangers don't share their TV revenues with the other US teams equally. Leafs and the other Canadian share the the Hockey Night in Canada games equally....Saturday but certainly not the other 55 "locally" television games
Kinda crazy of any reasonable person to think that population has any relation of what viewership is. It's viewership. LA is bigger than Toronto, but betcha the Kings don't have viewers of 2.7m of Toronto for NHL hockey.
Mar. 29 at 12:10 p.m.
SkateOrDie
Quoting: palhal
Your facts are wrong as usual. The Leafs certainly don't share their TV/media equally with the other six Canadian hockey team. Just like the Rangers don't share their TV revenues with the other US teams equally. Leafs and the other Canadian share the the Hockey Night in Canada games equally....Saturday but certainly not the other 55 "locally" television games
Kinda crazy of any reasonable person to think that population has any relation of what viewership is. It's viewership. LA is bigger than Toronto, but betcha the Kings don't have viewers of 2.7m of Toronto for NHL hockey.

you over here talking about other people being wrong when you can't even F read.
Do you know what the word local means?
Do you know what national means?
Do you know the difference in the contracts?

You seem to think viewership isn't linked to population. But it is.
You keep wanting to compare LA. LA is not some huge city dwarfing TOR. I think it's like 3.5 mil compared to TOR 2.8 roughly. The population in CAL is a massive sprawl.. The local market only extends so far out before you get a blackout. The way LA is built, like virtually no downtown, the total population around LA might be smaller than the TOR metro-suburban area. However they probably get San Diego as their local market as well which probably helps. Which is why their "viewership" is probably higher than you realize.

I think you vastly over estimate TOR viewership and under estimate that of LA. You make opinions with no real numbers. Hell everyone knows the tv ratings have tanked the last few years as everything has gone digital anyway, and all the digital contracts are split between 32 teams.

It is only in your head that "all of canada" is watching the leafs. That simply isn't true. At best in the playoffs they are pulling in 2 million viewers.
Most of CAN is watching other CAN teams in their local market if they are watching at all. Meanwhile the rangers are pulling in similar numbers in playoff games in the US. Guess what most of those people are in NY. So what's that tell you about viewership?

Anything that's getting outside the local market is national, on the national contract and hence is divided by all teams not just 6 canada team, how someone can sit around and make a comment like that and call other people "wrong on facts" is just amazing. It's a 32 team split, just like the national deals in the US. That's what happens when you are out of the local market.

You have this bs idea the TOR has some huge viewership.... all of canada is watching. Talk about TOR homerism self grandizing bs.
It's like saying Snoop dog wore a penguins jersey so the WHOLE US must be watching the penguins.
It just isn't true. The TOR market is no where near the size of the NYR market and you have no numbers to show some huge viewership for TOR. Period. I don't even know why you can't do basic math to realize that. Coming up with some bs viewership as if TOR is pulling more eyeballs. I doubt you even pull more eyeballs than MTL. Which is a larger city, and they get the Quebec market as well! Which I know for a fact because I go there and have seen the games on TV myself. All the numbers released for ratings tend to be playoffs and show no advantage for TOR over NY.
Mar. 29 at 9:33 p.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
you over here talking about other people being wrong when you can't even F read.
Do you know what the word local means?
Do you know what national means?
Do you know the difference in the contracts?

You seem to think viewership isn't linked to population. But it is.
You keep wanting to compare LA. LA is not some huge city dwarfing TOR. I think it's like 3.5 mil compared to TOR 2.8 roughly. The population in CAL is a massive sprawl.. The local market only extends so far out before you get a blackout. The way LA is built, like virtually no downtown, the total population around LA might be smaller than the TOR metro-suburban area. However they probably get San Diego as their local market as well which probably helps. Which is why their "viewership" is probably higher than you realize.

I think you vastly over estimate TOR viewership and under estimate that of LA. You make opinions with no real numbers. Hell everyone knows the tv ratings have tanked the last few years as everything has gone digital anyway, and all the digital contracts are split between 32 teams.

It is only in your head that "all of canada" is watching the leafs. That simply isn't true. At best in the playoffs they are pulling in 2 million viewers.
Most of CAN is watching other CAN teams in their local market if they are watching at all. Meanwhile the rangers are pulling in similar numbers in playoff games in the US. Guess what most of those people are in NY. So what's that tell you about viewership?

Anything that's getting outside the local market is national, on the national contract and hence is divided by all teams not just 6 canada team, how someone can sit around and make a comment like that and call other people "wrong on facts" is just amazing. It's a 32 team split, just like the national deals in the US. That's what happens when you are out of the local market.

You have this bs idea the TOR has some huge viewership.... all of canada is watching. Talk about TOR homerism self grandizing bs.
It's like saying Snoop dog wore a penguins jersey so the WHOLE US must be watching the penguins.
It just isn't true. The TOR market is no where near the size of the NYR market and you have no numbers to show some huge viewership for TOR. Period. I don't even know why you can't do basic math to realize that. Coming up with some bs viewership as if TOR is pulling more eyeballs. I doubt you even pull more eyeballs than MTL. Which is a larger city, and they get the Quebec market as well! Which I know for a fact because I go there and have seen the games on TV myself. All the numbers released for ratings tend to be playoffs and show no advantage for TOR over NY.

Sorry, you fail to understand the difference between viewership/revenue and population.
I

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll