G
    UFA
    $1,000,000$1,000,000
    LD/RD
    RFA
    $4,000,000$4,000,000
    RD
    UFA
    ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
    Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
    $1,100,000$1,100,000
    RD
    RFA - 1
    Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
    $800,000$800,000
    C, LW
    RFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
    • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
    Mar. 29 at 12:39 p.m.
    Hawks decline. Doubt they'd take Reaves on at all. But if they did, it likely wouldn't be for less than a 3rd.
    Garak liked this.
    Mar. 29 at 12:45 p.m.
    Quoting: BigBadBurke
    that's the thing about sarcasm, you don't see it... it's felt. Really sad to hear that we won't be acquiring nick robertson tho, who most leafers had pegged better than Canfield

whos canfield?
    Mar. 29 at 12:46 p.m.
    Quoting: Hawksguy81
    Hawks decline. Doubt they'd take Reaves on at all. But if they did, it likely wouldn't be for less than a 3rd.

reaves can be buried in ahl for cheaper..not sure why this move was even suggested
    Garak liked this.
    Mar. 29 at 12:49 p.m.
    Quoting: DJP1117
    So where do you estimate his ceiling is on a good team? Highest 3-4? Heres my thought of it. I look at a guy like Chris Tanev. I think we all agree Tanev is far and away the better all around defenseman.
    now you can factor in age and potential but if you estimate Xhekaj to be a 3-4 defencman thats right around or below Chris Tanev that fetched a 2nd, 3rd and a prospect. Yes on an expiring deal.

Its hard to use those as comparables just due to age. contract status. and Xhekaj is playing 2nd pair on a not good team and Tanev is playing the same on a good team. So based on alll this I could see why people want more for him. However id never give up Minten or Cowan for him. If anything i would do something similar to the tanev trade perhaps Robertson,a 2nd and a 3rd. If the leafs got a 2nd.

Time will tell..imo Arber is (or will be as you think) no where near what Tanev is..only reason hes being noticed is his aggression, which will wane over time with suspensions and wear and tear..
    I do hope he develops though as the league can always use more talent and characters.
    Mar. 29 at 12:53 p.m.
    Quoting: Caniac2000
    Jarvis is great, but Marner wouldn't be anything like what he is in Toronto in Carolina. Rod's system demands players to be almost perfect defensively and it strangles offensive talent. It's why Aho's 90 point season this year is SO impressive. Under any other coach, each player is scoring 20-30 more points. If we drop 20-30 points off Marner's totals to account for this, he's a 60-70 point winger. Look at what Necas is. Necas is 2 years younger and team controlled, Marner is a pending UFA. Look, Marner's been great for the Leafs. Keep him.

Marner is always in the Selke conversation so Im not sure what your point on his defensive play is, but either way I agree that hes a better fit in our offense than the Canes.
    Hes a big reason Papi is scoring 60 for the second time in 3 years (not to say Matthews needs to rely on it, but it is helpful)
    Aho was a great find by Carolina..love that player and hes so cheap for what he brings consistently.
    If the Leafs keep losing ground in the standings we may find out where both these teams stand in a playoff match up..would be interesting to face Anderson for a round.
    Mar. 29 at 2:20 p.m.
    Quoting: Mortarhead
    Marner is always in the Selke conversation so Im not sure what your point on his defensive play is, but either way I agree that hes a better fit in our offense than the Canes.
    Hes a big reason Papi is scoring 60 for the second time in 3 years (not to say Matthews needs to rely on it, but it is helpful)
    Aho was a great find by Carolina..love that player and hes so cheap for what he brings consistently.
    If the Leafs keep losing ground in the standings we may find out where both these teams stand in a playoff match up..would be interesting to face Anderson for a round.

Right... selke conversations like that means anything. Marner isn't bad defensively by any means, but if the best defensive forward *actually* won that, Jordan Staal would be WAY above Marner every year. Keep Marner, because he's not worth 8 years of Necas as a rental.
    Mar. 29 at 3:52 p.m.
    PittsburghModelMyAss
    whos canfield?

evidently, he's no robertson
    Mar. 29 at 4:20 p.m.
    Right... selke conversations like that means anything. Marner isn't bad defensively by any means, but if the best defensive forward *actually* won that, Jordan Staal would be WAY above Marner every year. Keep Marner, because he's not worth 8 years of Necas as a rental.

lol
    when did I say I was interested in moving Marner..this isnt my fantasy team.
    how many all star teams has Necas made again? I forgot

Necas Games played 69 Goals 23 Assists 29 Pts 52 plus/minus -6

Marner Games played 62 Goals 25 Assists 51 Pts 76 Plus/Minus +20

Mitch ties your boy (nearly and hes missed games lately, which is unusal for him) pts total this season with his assists alone.
    not to mention he destroys him in plus minus (and Mitch plays in ALL situations including PK)
    now if the Canes were **** I would overlook plus minus, but the Canes are a solid team.

Necas is a good player and paid accordingly for his skill set, but he is not in the same skill category as Marner (at least not so far)
    Mar. 29 at 4:23 p.m.
    lol
    when did I say I was interested in moving Marner..this isnt my fantasy team.
    how many all star teams has Necas made again? I forgot

Necas Games played 69 Goals 23 Assists 29 Pts 52 plus/minus -6

Marner Games played 62 Goals 25 Assists 51 Pts 76 Plus/Minus +20

Mitch ties your boy (nearly and hes missed games lately, which is unusal for him) pts total this season with his assists alone.
    not to mention he destroys him in plus minus (and Mitch plays in ALL situations including PK)
    now if the Canes were **** I would overlook plus minus, but the Canes are a solid team.

Necas is a good player and paid accordingly for his skill set, but he is not in the same skill category as Marner (at least not so far)

You're using +/- to justify Marner's defense? Necas is average defensively, I didn't deny that, but Necas ALSO plays all situations. Necas doesn't get inflated stats because he plays with Auston Matthews. Necas doesn't even get top line time, or top powerplay chances. He's tasked with being the sole problem on the second unit because Rod cannot manage a roster. Come on, stop it. Necas with an 8 year extension is worth WAY more than Marner. Any other argument here is just pure bias.
    Mar. 29 at 4:48 p.m.
    Mr.
    Quoting: DJP1117
    So I appreciate the constructive conversation obviously everyone isnt 100% in tune with Values. I was more looking at 2 guys needing potentially a change of scenery.

So What makes me think Montreal needs a player like robertson... Ill try and back my theory up with my interpretation of facts.

Here is my thought process on the Habs side:
    1. Montreal does have Caufield as top line LW which thats good cause Robertson isnt a top line player atleast rn anyways. The Habs are Very thin on the left side behind Caufeild. Their options are Gallagher which has had a very rough season and is not producing at a 2LW pace or even close. Same with their other potential option in Josh Anderson.
    Montreal I believe is in the bottom 5 in Goals for on the season. and would benefit from some depth scoring as their scoring seems to come from Suzuki or Caufeild.
    Even their Injuries of Dvorak and Dach dont help their thinness on the left side. Centre of RW.

2. Robertson can be had for VERY cheap with the potential of Huge upside given proper reps in the top 6. Something he could never get to in toronto for one reason or another wheter it be their depth or injuries. Robertson could be had for Sub 2M on a 2-3 year deal being as close as they are to the cap a top 6 winger making 2-3M would be a huge benfit.

Obviously those are my reasons for Montreal needing an offensive LW. Now that doesnt need to be robertson obviously any offensive LW would do.
    I would be willing to add for Xhejak I just dont believe hes worth a Cowan or a Minten. Dont think hes on that level.
    If the leafs could get a 2nd I would do a second and Robertson. However they dont have one. so I would be willing to do something like
    Robertson, Niemela and a 3rd. or something like that. anymore then that id pass. by the sounds of it he has got better since coming back , i just dont know where his ceiling could be. hes already 23 YO. I dont see him ever being a top pairing D. I see him being a good 3-4 Dman on a good team max imo. for that reason I wouldnt give up a 1st plus or Minten and cowan like others are suggesting.

Montreal have players like roy and heiniman potentially both playing for them next season (with roy playing top 6) they also have mesar and farrell in the system who are both small wingers , a more realistic trade would be farrell for Robertson and even thjs might not be something Montreal will be interested in
    Mar. 29 at 5:36 p.m.
    You're using +/- to justify Marner's defense? Necas is average defensively, I didn't deny that, but Necas ALSO plays all situations. Necas doesn't get inflated stats because he plays with Auston Matthews. Necas doesn't even get top line time, or top powerplay chances. He's tasked with being the sole problem on the second unit because Rod cannot manage a roster. Come on, stop it. Necas with an 8 year extension is worth WAY more than Marner. Any other argument here is just pure bias.

numbers dont lie.
    and the fact you bring up that Necas doesnt play in all situations defeats your argument tbh
    and plus minus does matter if you play in ALL situations and are on a good team like the Canes or Leafs but not if you play in Ana for example.
    Marner earns all his points, he runs the PK and the PP (both 1st units) hes put on any line that is struggling to get them going and delivers
    of course I have a bias (as do you if youre a Canes fan..this is what being a fan means)
    you may prefer Necas, and that your preference, but my argument is that they are not even close in talent/skill/or weight they carry for their teams.
    Aho would be a better argument.
    Im not wasting any more energy on this debate
    Canes are a great team and would love to see them in the playoffs as it would be a great match up and Im hoping everyone is healthy so theres no excuses
    thanks for the chat
    Mar. 29 at 5:39 p.m.
    numbers dont lie.
    and the fact you bring up that Necas doesnt play in all situations defeats your argument tbh
    and plus minus does matter if you play in ALL situations and are on a good team like the Canes or Leafs but not if you play in Ana for example.
    Marner earns all his points, he runs the PK and the PP (both 1st units) hes put on any line that is struggling to get them going and delivers
    of course I have a bias (as do you if youre a Canes fan..this is what being a fan means)
    you may prefer Necas, and that your preference, but my argument is that they are not even close in talent/skill/or weight they carry for their teams.
    Aho would be a better argument.
    Im not wasting any more energy on this debate
    Canes are a great team and would love to see them in the playoffs as it would be a great match up and Im hoping everyone is healthy so theres no excuses
    thanks for the chat

No like, can you not read? I said in all caps Necas DOES play all situations... if you can't even read what I say, I'm done. 8 years of Necas ain't worth 1 of Marner, have fun
    Mar. 29 at 5:51 p.m.
    No like, can you not read? I said in all caps Necas DOES play all situations... if you can't even read what I say, I'm done. 8 years of Necas ain't worth 1 of Marner, have fun

directly copied from your text
    Necas doesn't even get top line time, or top powerplay chances
    Mar. 30 at 12:52 a.m.
    Boris Bagel
    Habs definitely decline

To create a post please Login or Register
    Question:
    Options:
    Add Option
    Submit Poll