SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Trade Machine Proposals

Bos - Buf Sabres get their goalie

Created by: PenguinMullet68
Published: Apr. 2 at 6:09 p.m.
Salary Cap: $83,500,000
Season Days: 16/192 (8%)
Central Registry Determination: This trade has been rejected because one of the teams does not meet the minimum 3 goaltender requirement

Logo of the Boston BruinsBoston Bruins

OutStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Ullmark, LinusBoston BruinsNHL-$416,667011-------00
InStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Jokiharju, HenriBuffalo SabresNHL-$208,333011---6731316--
Bryson, JacobBuffalo SabresNHL-$154,167011---29178--
Benson, ZachWaivers ExemptBuffalo SabresNHL-$79,167011---6491423--
ChangeCap SpaceRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Initial$17,559,1661630693411
Change-$25,000222000
Final$17,534,166 (↓)18 (↑)32 (↑)71 (↑)3411133447

Logo of the Buffalo SabresBuffalo Sabres

OutStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Jokiharju, HenriBuffalo SabresNHL-$208,333011---6731316--
Bryson, JacobBuffalo SabresNHL-$154,167011---29178--
Benson, ZachWaivers ExemptBuffalo SabresNHL-$79,167011---6491423--
InStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Ullmark, LinusBoston BruinsNHL-$416,667011-------00
ChangeCap SpaceRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Initial$17,318,9301426653615
Change$25,000-2-2-2000
Final$17,343,930 (↑)12 (↓)24 (↓)63 (↓)3615-13-34-47
Who wins the trade?
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

Apr. 2 at 6:32 p.m.
Craig Laughlin Fan
Buffalo declines quickly. One year of Ullmark is not worth Benson.
Gmonwy, wojme and RavensShadow liked this.
Apr. 2 at 7:54 p.m.
Just win Baby
Quoting: NoVaSpartan

Sabres only do this to resign him for 2 more years on top of the 2 more years left or until Levi or Pekka can be a steady starting goalie
this way the Sabres make Pekka and Levi have to earn starts instead of being given starts because of their depth chart in the organization and Comrie was not going to push Levi and Pekka to play better for starts in a 1a and 1b goalie tandem type deal
Apr. 2 at 10:34 p.m.
Craig Laughlin Fan
Quoting: PenguinMullet68
Sabres only do this to resign him for 2 more years on top of the 2 more years left or until Levi or Pekka can be a steady starting goalie
this way the Sabres make Pekka and Levi have to earn starts instead of being given starts because of their depth chart in the organization and Comrie was not going to push Levi and Pekka to play better for starts in a 1a and 1b goalie tandem type deal

UPL is already a capable goaltender and has been statistically one of the better goalies this year, there's no reason to throw away their best prospect for a goalie with a 1 year contract on the risk that maybe he resigns with them.
wojme and RavensShadow liked this.
Apr. 2 at 11:25 p.m.
Quoting: NoVaSpartan

7 years of Ullmark would not be worth Benson....
wojme and RavensShadow liked this.
Apr. 3 at 6:57 a.m.
Colossal overpayment for a goaltender
RavensShadow liked this.
Apr. 3 at 8:17 a.m.
Lmao absolutely not. There's literally no reason for the Sabres to give up assets for a goalie right now
RavensShadow liked this.
Apr. 3 at 9:21 a.m.
Bcarlo25

first off, ullmark only has one year left. secondly, do you think there's a chance in hell he would re-sign in buffalo?
Apr. 3 at 1:56 p.m.
Just win Baby
Quoting: Bcarlo25
first off, ullmark only has one year left. secondly, do you think there's a chance in hell he would re-sign in buffalo?

If the money is right and the kids on the team start playing better then I wouldn’t see why not 🤷‍♂️
Am I suppose to know why he wouldn’t want to resign in Buffalo?
Apr. 3 at 1:57 p.m.
Bcarlo25
If the money is right and the kids on the team start playing better then I wouldn’t see why not 🤷‍♂️

I think Sabres fans might be the last to realize that there are certain geographical disadvantages they have. people that have 8 figures in their bank account don't want to live in buffalo.
PenguinMullet68 liked this.
Apr. 3 at 2:00 p.m.
Just win Baby
I think Sabres fans might be the last to realize that there are certain geographical disadvantages they have. people that have 8 figures in their bank account don't want to live in buffalo.

I know the organization was being run horribly until the last 4 years or so
Apr. 3 at 2:07 p.m.
Bcarlo25
I know the organization was being run horribly until the last 4 years or so

it has absolutely nothing to do with the organization. nothing whatsoever. its the city. you know what i'm talking about.
Apr. 3 at 11:45 p.m.
Just win Baby
it has absolutely nothing to do with the organization. nothing whatsoever. its the city. you know what i'm talking about.

No, I’m from Vancouver so don’t have the info
Apr. 4 at 9:18 a.m.
Bcarlo25
No, I’m from Vancouver so don’t have the info

i'll clue you in on something - buffalo is not a place that very wealthy people want to live.
Apr. 4 at 6:47 p.m.
i'll clue you in on something - buffalo is not a place that very wealthy people want to live.

Have you ever been? There are plenty of wealthy people there.... including the guy who owns the Bruins... just saying...
Apr. 4 at 6:49 p.m.

He walked and signed in BOS as A UFA when he had the chance to re-up. BUF wanted to keep him, and he wanted out
PenguinMullet68 liked this.
Apr. 4 at 6:51 p.m.
Bcarlo25
Quoting: penguinswin
Have you ever been? There are plenty of wealthy people there.... including the guy who owns the Bruins... just saying...

I have. I quite like it. Go ahead and compare lists of high net worth individuals between buffalo and other NHL cities. Or you can just take a look at the contracts buffalo has to hand out to buy out UFA years, and the kinds of UFA's they attract - and the contracts those guys sign. There is a pretty obvious trend.

Btw, high net worth people often reside on paper in a place where they don't spend too much time. I'm not saying that's the case with Jacobs, but he certainly spends a lot of time in Boston. He's also 84.

Let me ask you this, if there was a poll conducted of 100 random NHL players on a ranking of cities they would like to live and play in, where do you think buffalo would find itself? I'm guessing it's a pretty high number.
Apr. 4 at 7:00 p.m.
I have. I quite like it. Go ahead and compare lists of high net worth individuals between buffalo and other NHL cities. Or you can just take a look at the contracts buffalo has to hand out to buy out UFA years, and the kinds of UFA's they attract - and the contracts those guys sign. There is a pretty obvious trend.

Btw, high net worth people often reside on paper in a place where they don't spend too much time. I'm not saying that's the case with Jacobs, but he certainly spends a lot of time in Boston. He's also 84.

Let me ask you this, if there was a poll conducted of 100 random NHL players on a ranking of cities they would like to live and play in, where do you think buffalo would find itself? I'm guessing it's a pretty high number.

Yep, because most of them never spend any time there. I like it myself. But I would even put most of the northern cities on that list. A random player will take sunshine and no income tax in FLA or TBL over anything north of the Mason Dixon line if asked. But there is a reason why lots of players sign long term deals in their northern cities. Money? Sure. But it's not the only reason. Okposo developed a true love for the city over the time of his deal. Him and Skinner were the last 2 overpays and they were years ago
Apr. 4 at 8:35 p.m.
Bcarlo25
Quoting: penguinswin
Yep, because most of them never spend any time there. I like it myself. But I would even put most of the northern cities on that list. A random player will take sunshine and no income tax in FLA or TBL over anything north of the Mason Dixon line if asked. But there is a reason why lots of players sign long term deals in their northern cities. Money? Sure. But it's not the only reason. Okposo developed a true love for the city over the time of his deal. Him and Skinner were the last 2 overpays and they were years ago

players want to go to New York, Chicago, and Boston all the time. the traditional hockey market still has an allure as long as its a first rate city.
Apr. 5 at 5:30 p.m.
players want to go to New York, Chicago, and Boston all the time. the traditional hockey market still has an allure as long as its a first rate city.

NYC for sure; just ask Panarin. BOS & CHI more so when the teams are that good. But there is always a draw for original 6 franchises

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit