C
NMC
UFA - 6
Logo of the New York Rangers
$950,000$950,000
RW
RFA
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$450,000$450K)
LW
RFA - 2
$3,641,667$3,641,667
C, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$867,500$867,500 (Performance Bonus$57,500$58K)
RW
RFA - 3
$828,333$828,333 (Performance Bonus$57,500$58K)
LW
RFA - 1
$820,000$820,000
C, RW
RFA - 1
$800,000$800,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$4,000,000$4,000,000
LD
RFA
$9,500,000$9,500,000
RD
UFA - 5
$5,666,667$5,666,667
G
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$3,872,000$3,872,000
LD
RFA - 1
$8,000,000$8,000,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$1,275,000$1,275,000 (Performance Bonus$25,000$25K)
G
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$812,500$812,500
LD
RFA - 1
$1,600,000$1,600,000
RD
RFA
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$787,500$787,500
C
UFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Apr. 5 at 9:16 a.m.
Marner isn’t likely to be traded mainly because of his full NMC and because he’s the most valuable player to the team on the roster.

But if they were to even entertain the idea of trading him (for hypothetical reasons here), if the offer didn’t start with Braeden Schneider then don’t even bother calling. A couple of busts and a guy that’s a career high of 54 points ain’t gonna get the job done
LeafsForLife liked this.
Apr. 5 at 9:26 a.m.
themarast
toronto fanbase is always hilarious
Apr. 5 at 9:44 a.m.
Quoting: Ryminister_92
Marner isn’t likely to be traded mainly because of his full NMC and because he’s the most valuable player to the team on the roster.

But if they were to even entertain the idea of trading him (for hypothetical reasons here), if the offer didn’t start with Braeden Schneider then don’t even bother calling. A couple of busts and a guy that’s a career high of 54 points ain’t gonna get the job done

Weird how a team that is filled with “busts” is somehow ahead and better than the Leafs 🤔
Fox_Czar_Cup liked this.
Apr. 5 at 9:47 a.m.
Lifelong Leafs Fan
Quoting: Rags21
Weird how a team that is filled with “busts” is somehow ahead and better than the Leafs 🤔

Since when does 2 guys constitute an entire team?
Ryminister_92 liked this.
Apr. 5 at 9:50 a.m.
Quoting: LeafsForLife
Since when does 2 guys constitute an entire team?

They play a pretty vital part of a #1 team

But if you want to measure talent and if a player is good/bad by using points, then that’s your problem
Apr. 5 at 9:56 a.m.
Lifelong Leafs Fan
Quoting: Rags21
They play a pretty vital part of a #1 team

But if you want to measure talent and if a player is good/bad by using points, then that’s your problem

That's funny, I never said anything about measuring talent, I asked a simple and unrelated question
Apr. 5 at 10:01 a.m.
Quoting: themarast

Toronto fanbase is hilarious but you don’t see me posting about your farm teams. #rentfree
Ryminister_92 liked this.
Apr. 5 at 10:07 a.m.
Quoting: LeafsForLife
That's funny, I never said anything about measuring talent, I asked a simple and unrelated question

Laffy, chytil, Kakko, cuylle, KAM, Schneider…I’ve heard they’re all busts or not good or under-performing lol
Apr. 5 at 10:08 a.m.
Benny
I'm a Leafs fan and I would absolutely consider doing that trade. People don't value cap space enough.
Leafsfan98 liked this.
Apr. 5 at 10:42 a.m.
Leafs going to Leafs
I'd do it in a heartbeat...
Apr. 5 at 10:42 a.m.
Leafs going to Leafs
Quoting: Laquille
I'm a Leafs fan and I would absolutely consider doing that trade. People don't value cap space enough.

Or young assets
Apr. 5 at 10:43 a.m.
Leafs going to Leafs

No, he's not... Matthews is by far (And I mean by far) the most valuable player to the team roster...
Apr. 5 at 10:47 a.m.
Rangers don't consider that nonsense trade. Worry about your Devils, they need your "help" more.
Apr. 5 at 10:52 a.m.
Leafs going to Leafs
Quoting: themarast

Its a very good trade that's I'd take...

I guess the only issue with is a defensemen fits Toronto's holes... But not complaining
Apr. 5 at 1:41 p.m.
Chytil is hurt and who knows his future, so that by itself cancels this trade.

As a NYR fan it would be nice and absolutely refreshing to consider trading someone over 23 for once
Apr. 5 at 2:45 p.m.
Quoting: Leafsfan98
No, he's not... Matthews is by far (And I mean by far) the most valuable player to the team roster...

No he’s not. Marner is more valuable than Matthews. Since Marner got injured on March 7, Toronto’s PP and PK rank 30th in the league. Marner is a key piece to both of those units. He’s the engine and the quarterback on the PP and on the PK he’s the guy causing turnovers and still making offence happen. Matthews doesn’t even kill penalties when the team is in desperate need of a second penalty killing centre.

Marner is much more valuable to the Leafs than Matthews is.
Apr. 5 at 2:55 p.m.

No he’s not. Marner is more valuable than Matthews. Since Marner got injured on March 7, Toronto’s PP and PK rank 30th in the league. Marner is a key piece to both of those units. He’s the engine and the quarterback on the PP and on the PK he’s the guy causing turnovers and still making offence happen. Matthews doesn’t even kill penalties when the team is in desperate need of a second penalty killing centre.

Hate to see some rival fan (garbage team) rile us up but I agree Matthews is more important (he will & should be paid more) but he is not ‘by far’ more important. I know some Leaf fans love to hate on Marner but he incredibly valuable - elite offense, defense, plays PK & PP, munches minutes, etc. both are superstars and we’re lucky to have them imo
Apr. 5 at 3:15 p.m.
Quoting: MitchJr
Hate to see some rival fan (garbage team) rile us up but I agree Matthews is more important (he will & should be paid more) but he is not ‘by far’ more important. I know some Leaf fans love to hate on Marner but he incredibly valuable - elite offense, defense, plays PK & PP, munches minutes, etc. both are superstars and we’re lucky to have them imo

Matthews is the more productive player, but Marner is more valuable. Not having him in the lineup has caused both special teams to struggle. Marner plays more defensive situations as well as playing the same offensive ones as Matthews. Hard to not call Marner the more valuable player but people see the offensive numbers and assume the more points or goals means that player is more valuable but that’s not true
Apr. 5 at 3:20 p.m.
Matthews is the more productive player, but Marner is more valuable. Not having him in the lineup has caused both special teams to struggle. Marner plays more defensive situations as well as playing the same offensive ones as Matthews. Hard to not call Marner the more valuable player but people see the offensive numbers and assume the more points or goals means that player is more valuable but that’s not true

Value is subjective, but best (& closest to objective) measure of value to a team is a player’s cap hit. Especially in a hard cap system. Matthews is more valuable - and his cap hit backs this up - because he is the best in the league at the hardest thing to do, scoring goals (although he is much more than just a goal scorer). Mitch is my favourite player (no surprise) and he is incredibly valuable - hard to find winger that is elite defensively & one of the top 5? Playmakers in the league. Both fantastic and Willy not far behind but in order AM34, MM16, 88WN
Apr. 5 at 3:30 p.m.
Value is subjective, but best (& closest to objective) measure of value to a team is a player’s cap hit. Especially in a hard cap system. Matthews is more valuable - and his cap hit backs this up - because he is the best in the league at the hardest thing to do, scoring goals (although he is much more than just a goal scorer). Mitch is my favourite player (no surprise) and he is incredibly valuable - hard to find winger that is elite defensively & one of the top 5? Playmakers in the league. Both fantastic and Willy not far behind but in order AM34, MM16, 88WN

Of course value is subjective and everyone has their opinion on it, but I find it hard to believe that the best measure is a players cap hit. That can be affected by so many factors (market for that position, available cap space at the time of signing, how good the players agent is, how good the GM is at signing guys). I just don’t think that has much say to value at all
Apr. 5 at 4:16 p.m.
Of course value is subjective and everyone has their opinion on it, but I find it hard to believe that the best measure is a players cap hit. That can be affected by so many factors (market for that position, available cap space at the time of signing, how good the players agent is, how good the GM is at signing guys). I just don’t think that has much say to value at all

Not sure we have a better indicator? Of course there is room for outliers; but in a hard cap - how much % you assign to each player is a direct indication of their ‘perceived value’ at least within that organization
Apr. 5 at 5:00 p.m.
Leafs going to Leafs

PK doesn't rank 30th... https://www.statmuse.com/nhl/ask/which-team-has-the-best-penalty-kill-percentage-since-march-7th

And it's been dogsh1t with Marner too... It decreased by 0.1%

Matthews does kill penalties now and doesn't get score on the PK as much as Marner... (I think once or twice in total this season)

Matthews is the offence on the PP and 5v5 with and without Marner... And is way more effective defensively at 5v5 as well

The value between Matthews and Marner is 2 spots
Apr. 5 at 5:46 p.m.
Not sure we have a better indicator? Of course there is room for outliers; but in a hard cap - how much % you assign to each player is a direct indication of their ‘perceived value’ at least within that organization

No it’s not. Contracts are a part of the business side of the game. Teams are gonna try to get the number as low as possible and players are gonna try to get it as high as possible

You’re telling me that if a player came in to negotiations and said “hey I’ll take $10M per year so you can build a winner” but anothe player was already making $11M that all of a sudden the $10M player is valued less because he signed the deal?

A cap hit almost seems like the worst way to judge a players value.
Apr. 5 at 5:54 p.m.
PK doesn't rank 30th... https://www.statmuse.com/nhl/ask/which-team-has-the-best-penalty-kill-percentage-since-march-7th

And it's been dogsh1t with Marner too... It decreased by 0.1%

Matthews does kill penalties now and doesn't get score on the PK as much as Marner... (I think once or twice in total this season)

Matthews is the offence on the PP and 5v5 with and without Marner... And is way more effective defensively at 5v5 as well

The value between Matthews and Marner is 2 spots

Matthews does not kill penalties consistently or hardly at all. He’s usually put on the ice with very little time left on the PK so that when the penalty expires he can put pressure on the other team immediately.

The main penalty kill forwards have been Dewar and Kampf first, then McMann and Holmberg come out second, Nylander gets some time in there, and Marner will take back his spot when he comes back. Matthews is not a PK guy.
Apr. 5 at 6:00 p.m.
No it’s not. Contracts are a part of the business side of the game. Teams are gonna try to get the number as low as possible and players are gonna try to get it as high as possible

You’re telling me that if a player came in to negotiations and said “hey I’ll take $10M per year so you can build a winner” but anothe player was already making $11M that all of a sudden the $10M player is valued less because he signed the deal?

A cap hit almost seems like the worst way to judge a players value.

Not sure what you are saying? Cap hit is a result of many factors - I agree with you - but to keep it simple… for this specific example the Leafs will undoubtedly assign a bigger portion of available cap (cap hit - $ & %) to Matthews compared to Marner. Same organization, GM, etc and that is because he provides more value (in their opinion) to the team.
Pretty straight forward - all other things being equal, how much an organization (GM) values a player is directly tied to their cap hit

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll