$7,850,000$7,850,000
LW, RW
UFA - 7
Logo of the Montreal Canadiens
$7,875,000$7,875,000
C
UFA - 6
$950,000$950,000 (Performance Bonus$3,500,000$4M)
RW, LW
RFA - 1
Lindstrom, Cayden
$925,000$925,000
$3,362,500$3,362,500
C, RW
RFA - 2
Logo of the Arizona Coyotes
$894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
RW, LW
RFA - 1
$2,900,000$2,900,000
C, LW
RFA - 3
Logo of the Dallas Stars
$3,250,000$3,250,000
C, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$835,000$835,000
LW, RW
RFA - 2
$1,100,000$1,100,000
LW, RW
RFA - 1
$1,700,000$1,700,000
C
UFA - 1
$6,500,000$6,500,000
RW, LW
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 3
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$4,875,000$4,875,000
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$3,500,000$3,500,000
RD
UFA - 1
$3,150,000$3,150,000
G
UFA - 3
$2,050,000$2,050,000
LD/RD
RFA
$875,000$875,000
RD
RFA - 2
$890,000$890,000
G
RFA - 1
$925,000$925,000
LD
RFA - 2
$950,000$950,000 (Performance Bonus$1,000,000$1M)
RD
RFA - 2
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$867,500$867,500 (Performance Bonus$57,500$58K)
LD
RFA - 1
$10,500,000$10,500,000
G
NMC
UFA - 2
$1,400,000$1,400,000
LD/RD
RFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Apr. 6 at 9:04 p.m.
think guenther is on untouchable list
OldNYIfan liked this.
Apr. 6 at 9:08 p.m.
Once a Kings Fan Too
A la the Gauthier-Drysdale trade, I think that Montreal would have to add their own 2025 second to make this deal work, and that's if Dylan Guenther is even available, which I doubt.
Billy316 liked this.
Apr. 6 at 9:43 p.m.
Jesus Christ Is King
Quoting: OldNYIfan
A la the Gauthier-Drysdale trade, I think that Montreal would have to add their own 2025 second to make this deal work, and that's if Dylan Guenther is even available, which I doubt.

Guhle's are hard sell for me.
I just dont see Hughes trading him as he's the Anchor on the back end for MTL after Savards gone.
IF we did i just dont see it being for an unproven player even if he's really ,really good
Hughes has been clear about his willingness to give up a Guhle for a slightly more mature version who's slightly older
But he wont be trading backwards as he has a timeline for his build he's been pretty focused on sticking to.

IMO given were in a similar situation to LAK as a lot of players are about to come off their Waiver Exempt status with Harris off already
Even with LAK moving Durzi,Granz and Walker at what i felt was below market value , they still lost Bjornfot on waivers for nothing after taking loses trying to avoid that.
MTL cant survive unless they dump Struble and Harris who have or will have less flexibility in a deep system.

They have Chemistry together and have played as a top 4 pair in the NCAA and NHL now
But they offer Very different styles to their games despite essentially both being Shutdown D who can make plays
So losing them 100% sucks for MTL , im not trying to down play that at all here
But moving them protects those who still have flexibility in their contracts and who offer as good or better upside.

Makes more sense to move them so you can play Savard and Kovy full time until the TDL no more of this everyone sits out a game rotation nonsense
Trade them on a high and by proxy help make not only the NHL's roster better with more room for growth it will also end the Log Jam Laval is facing this summer

So if im MTL i'd be trying to use Struble or Harris or both to make a deal for McBain or Hayton, Preferably McBain who Hughes was runner up to sign.
OldNYIfan liked this.
Apr. 6 at 9:59 p.m.
habslife
Quoting: Billy316
Guhle's are hard sell for me.
I just dont see Hughes trading him as he's the Anchor on the back end for MTL after Savards gone.
IF we did i just dont see it being for an unproven player even if he's really ,really good
Hughes has been clear about his willingness to give up a Guhle for a slightly more mature version who's slightly older
But he wont be trading backwards as he has a timeline for his build he's been pretty focused on sticking to.

IMO given were in a similar situation to LAK as a lot of players are about to come off their Waiver Exempt status with Harris off already
Even with LAK moving Durzi,Granz and Walker at what i felt was below market value , they still lost Bjornfot on waivers for nothing after taking loses trying to avoid that.
MTL cant survive unless they dump Struble and Harris who have or will have less flexibility in a deep system.

They have Chemistry together and have played as a top 4 pair in the NCAA and NHL now
But they offer Very different styles to their games despite essentially both being Shutdown D who can make plays
So losing them 100% sucks for MTL , im not trying to down play that at all here
But moving them protects those who still have flexibility in their contracts and who offer as good or better upside.

Makes more sense to move them so you can play Savard and Kovy full time until the TDL no more of this everyone sits out a game rotation nonsense
Trade them on a high and by proxy help make not only the NHL's roster better with more room for growth it will also end the Log Jam Laval is facing this summer

So if im MTL i'd be trying to use Struble or Harris or both to make a deal for McBain or Hayton, Preferably McBain who Hughes was runner up to sign.

I made the trade because Guhle is often injured and it scares me for our future I think. So that's why I'm going there with a forward like Guenter to find a playing partner in Dach.
Billy316 liked this.
Apr. 6 at 10:23 p.m.
Jesus Christ Is King
Quoting: habslife
I made the trade because Guhle is often injured and it scares me for our future I think. So that's why I'm going there with a forward like Guenter to find a playing partner in Dach.

He's playing his off side cause there's too many Left D and Mathesons in his way
He was forced to turn his back to the play to get to his strong side in transition to play the puck
As a Result he was boarded.

Wonder why most D who play their off side successfully are are often Jacked?
The reason is they have to be that Wall that players slam into in order to protect themselves.
There is the Brodie types who have such good back hand skills they dont need to rotate positioning to make a simple play

Xhekaj is built for the role and he thrived in it having his career best and coming out party in the OHL playing as RD.
He elevated a player to CHL player of the year who got signed by FLA after as everyone credited Staois but he's barely an ECHL player now years later.
BUT 107MPH slapshot is what you're giving up putting him on his Right Side so its a tough call

Also McBain is who Hughes was trying to sign to fill that roll but was runner up
He's a Big , Tough HARD Hitting Center who's better suited to play wing and offer a young Center faceoff support.
McBain-Dach-Anderson would get results and might even rebound Anderson after a bad season
How? McBain was top 5 NHL Hits as a Rookie and is just a scheer force that demands teams notice that and adjust.
That would create a lot of space for Speedy Anderson and Dach who's no slouch himself.

McBain flies under the Radar a lot but he's the type of guy every NHL team who's won a Cup has had in a top 20 NHL Hitter
Even STL had Dmitri Jaskin among others who were key in grinding down opposition teams over the long playoff battles they had.
Dont matter how far you go back you'll find at least 1 McBain type Cup Winners weaponized.
Apr. 6 at 11:35 p.m.

I love Guenther but i don’t think the pick would need to be added from Mtl side. Guenther is a winger, the least valuable position in the sport. Guhle already have established himself as a top 4 defender playing against the top opponents.
Apr. 6 at 11:43 p.m.
Once a Kings Fan Too
Quoting: Joblow
I love Guenther but i don’t think the pick would need to be added from Mtl side. Guenther is a winger, the least valuable position in the sport. Guhle already have established himself as a top 4 defender playing against the top opponents.

Jamie Drysdale and Kaiden Guhle have very similar records so far, and Drysdale is also considered to be a top-4 defender and if anything, is expected to have a higher upside than Guhle. Guenther has played almost a full season now and Cutter Gauthier hasn't even signed his ELC yet. Gauthier for Drysdale and a second means Guenther for Guhle and a second.

But this is all academic because Arizona isn't about to trade one of their anticipated future franchise cornerstones.
Apr. 6 at 11:53 p.m.
Jamie Drysdale and Kaiden Guhle have very similar records so far, and Drysdale is also considered to be a top-4 defender and if anything, is expected to have a higher upside than Guhle. Guenther has played almost a full season now and Cutter Gauthier hasn't even signed his ELC yet. Gauthier for Drysdale and a second means Guenther for Guhle and a second.

But this is all academic because Arizona isn't about to trade one of their anticipated future franchise cornerstones.

Gauthier can play center Guenther is a pure winger.
So Gauthier for Drysdale+ doesn’t = Guenther for Guhle+

I don’t see any of both player being traded, but i know for sure that Andre Tourigny is a huge Guhle fan.
Apr. 7 at 12:02 a.m.
Once a Kings Fan Too
Quoting: Joblow
Gauthier can play center Guenther is a pure winger.
So Gauthier for Drysdale+ doesn’t = Guenther for Guhle+

I don’t see any of both player being traded, but i know for sure that Andre Tourigny is a huge Guhle fan.

So then by inescapably logical extension, if Cutter Gauthier is more valuable than Dylan Guenther because the former is a center and the latter is a winger, then Trevor Zegras is more valuable than Cole Caufield even though they have almost identical records because the former is a center and the latter is a winger?

Trevor Zegras: 199 games, 53 goals, 73 assists, 146 points, -44
Cole Caufield: 199 games, 76 goals, 66 assists, 142 points, -42
Apr. 7 at 12:09 a.m.
fromtherivertothesea
Players I would be willing to trade Guhle for

• Quinton Byfield
• J.J Peterka
• Dylan Cozens
• Will Smith
• Mason McTavish
• Brady Tkachuk
• Andrei Svechnikov
Apr. 7 at 12:26 a.m.
So then by inescapably logical extension, if Cutter Gauthier is more valuable than Dylan Guenther because the former is a center and the latter is a winger, then Trevor Zegras is more valuable than Cole Caufield even though they have almost identical records because the former is a center and the latter is a winger?

Trevor Zegras: 199 games, 53 goals, 73 assists, 146 points, -44
Cole Caufield: 199 games, 76 goals, 66 assists, 142 points, -42

I do think that Zegras have more value then Caufield. Even if Zegras is a total liability defensively. He have a greater impact on a hockey game by is position.
OldNYIfan liked this.
Apr. 7 at 1:06 a.m.
Quoting: batman
Players I would be willing to trade Guhle for

• Quinton Byfield
• J.J Peterka
• Dylan Cozens
• Will Smith
• Mason McTavish
• Brady Tkachuk
• Andrei Svechnikov

Quoting: batman