SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Mock-Draft

Cabbie's Mock v 2

Cabbie's Mock v 2

Draft Class: 2024
Created By: Cabbie91
Published: Apr. 15 at 10:34 a.m.
Lottery Winners:
  1. Logo of the San Jose SharksSan Jose Sharks (1→1)
  2. Logo of the Chicago BlackhawksChicago Blackhawks (2→2)
ROUND 1TEAMORIGINALPLAYERDETAILS
1Logo of the San Jose Sharks-
2Logo of the Chicago Blackhawks-
3Logo of the Anaheim Ducks-First D off the board, I think Anaheim will prioritize the RHS with Zellweger and Mintyukov already in the fold
4Logo of the Columbus Blue Jackets-I don't know where to go with this pick honestly. They have Werenski/Jiricek/Mateychuk/Severson locked up already. But they also have Fantilli/Johnson/Sillinger/BrindleyChibrikov/Marcheko
5Logo of the Montreal Canadiens-This pick comes down to Iginla, Eiserman and Catton IMO. The report is out there that Habs management has met in person with Iginla 4 times this season,so until i see reports of the same with others I think Iginla's playoff performance get him into the top 5.
6Logo of the Arizona Coyotes-I know Silayev has the hype here but I think Buium is the pick. He's too dynamic
7Logo of the Ottawa Senators-Another surprise with Silayev still on the board, again I think there is more of a need for the RHS
8Logo of the Seattle Kraken-Excellent player falls right into the lap of the Kraken here and they sprint to the podium
9Logo of the Calgary Flames-Calgary needs Centres in the system, easy pick, they have enough goal scoring wingers
10Logo of the New Jersey Devils-Similar to the Kraken easy pick for the Devils here
11Logo of the Buffalo Sabres-I think there's a chance Buffalo trades this pick, if not RHD all day long at some point the Sabres need all of this young talent to turn into actual wins
12Logo of the Minnesota Wild-The top 15-20 in this draft are SO deep that every pick feels like a steal. Minnesota gets a player that could easily be taken in the top 7
13Logo of the San Jose SharksLogo of the Pittsburgh PenguinsBPA
14Logo of the Philadelphia Flyers-Need for C's make this a pick that makes too much sense
15Logo of the Detroit Red Wings-
16Logo of the Washington Capitals-
17Logo of the New York Islanders-
18Logo of the St. Louis Blues-
19Logo of the Vegas Golden Knights-
20Logo of the Chicago BlackhawksLogo of the Tampa Bay Lightning
21Logo of the Los Angeles Kings-
22Logo of the Nashville Predators-
23Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs-C depth needed, easy pick
24Logo of the Anaheim DucksLogo of the Edmonton Oilers
25Logo of the Colorado Avalanche-
26Logo of the Montreal CanadiensLogo of the Winnipeg Jets
27Logo of the Calgary FlamesLogo of the Vancouver Canucks
28Logo of the Philadelphia FlyersLogo of the Florida Panthers
29Logo of the Ottawa SenatorsLogo of the Boston Bruins
30Logo of the Dallas Stars-
31Logo of the Carolina Hurricanes-
32Logo of the New York Rangers-
Apr. 15 at 11:04 a.m.
Stealing this from a guy from SMAHT scounting, but I think the Hill I'll die on for this upcoming draft class is that Boisvert doesn't even deserve to sniff a top-15 spot.

"The odds Boisvert becomes a 2nd liner are pretty low...

0.70 non-PP P/GP and 27.21% of team goal involvement?

Well, in last 20 years ONLY Max Pacioretty has became a top 6 NHLer with such stats in USHL in draft year."

I think because he's a big, physical Center who has been on a lot of radars for awhile that a lot of people view him as a safe and easy pick, but when the data shows that little hope for him becoming an impact NHL player I think selecting him with a high 1st would be a terrible idea, especially when guys like Hage, Greentree, Jiricek and MBN are all available and track significantly better.

Also FTR: I don't think you're wrong that he could be a top-15 pick, I think there's a good chance he will be. I'm just saying my personal opinion is that he absolutely should not be
Apr. 15 at 11:51 a.m.
Caps fan idk why
This is the highest ive seen EJ drafted. Great scouting by you bc imo hes the best pure defender in this draft. little to no offensive upside but hes a guy if you pair him with an elite offensive guy you have a fantastic pairing
Apr. 15 at 1:35 p.m.
mokumboi
If Dickinson somehow miraculously lasts until #12, the Blues will have already traded up to take him. But any way that goes, I can promise you they will not be using their 24 1st on a flighty perimeter winger. You can bet the farm and the horses on that.
Apr. 16 at 12:49 a.m.
Devils Guy
I'd rather NJ draft Dickinson over Eiserman if Dickinson is available. Scoring the last 2 seasons hasn't been the problem for NJ.
Apr. 16 at 6:23 a.m.
If the Sens take Yakem with Parekh, Dickinson and Catton on the board I might be sick.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll