C
NMC
UFA - 5
Logo of the Calgary Flames
$1,000,000$1,000,000
RW
RFA - 2
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$212,500$212K)
LW, C
RFA - 1
$4,500,000$4,500,000
C
NMC
UFA - 2
$4,900,000$4,900,000
RW, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$900,000$900,000
LW
RFA
$1,300,000$1,300,000
C
UFA - 1
$2,500,000$2,500,000
RW, LW
UFA
$775,000$775,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$825,000$825,000
RW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
Logo of the Vegas Golden Knights
$2,294,150$2,294,150
LD
RFA - 1
$4,550,000$4,550,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$6,000,000$6,000,000
G
NMC
UFA - 2
$6,250,000$6,250,000
LD/RD
NTC
UFA - 7
$1,250,000$1,250,000
RD
UFA - 2
$1,000,000$1,000,000
G
RFA
$2,500,000$2,500,000
LD/RD
UFA
$5,000,000$5,000,000
RD
UFA
$775,000$775,000
RD
RFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Apr. 25 at 4:26 a.m.
Ottawa already has a "Vladar" Forsberg
Mangiapane is worth more than a 3rd, if thats the best offer in the summer we wait until the deadline
Flames decline the Vegas trade, Hague is a good #4/5, not worth moving our top prospect for. Flames aren't remotely close enough to competing to consider that
Hanley is waiver fodder
Stephenson gets at least 6x6 on the market, and it won't be from Calgary
Beauvillier will probably sign a prove-it deal with a team that has a chance of success next year, and also not where he will be playing 4th line lol
StutzlesNumber1Fan and MoxNix liked this.
Apr. 25 at 4:58 a.m.
Quoting: Ledge_And_Dairy
Ottawa already has a "Vladar" Forsberg
Mangiapane is worth more than a 3rd, if thats the best offer in the summer we wait until the deadline
Flames decline the Vegas trade, Hague is a good #4/5, not worth moving our top prospect for. Flames aren't remotely close enough to competing to consider that
Hanley is waiver fodder
Stephenson gets at least 6x6 on the market, and it won't be from Calgary
Beauvillier will probably sign a prove-it deal with a team that has a chance of success next year, and also not where he will be playing 4th line lol

Hey boomer try having some fun.
JokiStan liked this.
Apr. 25 at 5:06 a.m.
Quoting: deez
Hey boomer try having some fun.

What exactly about your post was "fun" that I should practice for next time? If you don't want responses don't hit submit. If you still feel the need to hit submit then don't complain about responses
Apr. 25 at 6:20 a.m.
Quoting: Ledge_And_Dairy
What exactly about your post was "fun" that I should practice for next time? If you don't want responses don't hit submit. If you still feel the need to hit submit then don't complain about responses

Every time someone tries to put together a competitive Flames team for next year the tank merchants start crying that we would never make those moves. The fun part is experimenting with different paths forward. If you need it broken down:

Trade Vladar to open a spot for Wolf. Return and destination is not important.
Trade Mang to open a spot for another player. If you think he is worth more than a third pretend it was a second cause if I had the return as a second someone would be crying that he isnt worth that much at his cap hit.
Hague is big physical defender that could be a good player for the Flames for a long time still. Maybe Conroy values that more than our supposed top prospect after an underwhelming first pro season. Not to write him off, you are getting a proven NHL player in return that doesnt come free. Vegas has crowded blueline and needs money out. Maybe it doesnt take Coronato but the point is to acquire Hague.
Notice Hanley was traded for a 7th round pick. The point is get rid of him to open space. Waivers, whatever.
Stephenson could value playing close to home, choosing a retooling Flames team. If the contract is off slightly whatever, it is more about the player.
Beauvillier has been playing bottom 6 for awhile. This is about adding a vet to the bottom 6 at a reasonable cap hit.

Back to you Craig.
Apr. 25 at 6:51 a.m.
Edited Apr. 25 at 7:04 a.m.
Every time someone tries to put together a competitive Flames team for next year the tank merchants start crying that we would never make those moves. The fun part is experimenting with different paths forward. If you need it broken down:

Trade Mang to open a spot for another player. If you think he is worth more than a third pretend it was a second cause if I had the return as a second someone would be crying that he isnt worth that much at his cap hit.
Hague is big physical defender that could be a good player for the Flames for a long time still. Maybe Conroy values that more than our supposed top prospect after an underwhelming first pro season. Not to write him off, you are getting a proven NHL player in return that doesnt come free. Vegas has crowded blueline and needs money out. Maybe it doesnt take Coronato but the point is to acquire Hague.
Notice Hanley was traded for a 7th round pick. The point is get rid of him to open space. Waivers, whatever.
Stephenson could value playing close to home, choosing a retooling Flames team. If the contract is off slightly whatever, it is more about the player.
Beauvillier has been playing bottom 6 for awhile. This is about adding a vet to the bottom 6 at a reasonable cap hit.

Back to you Craig.

I am not all for tanking. I am all for doing this retool right, no shortcuts and no long term expensive deals to 30 year old secondary players. The fact of the matter is that Calgary is in dire need of a 1C and/or elite talent. I also think it would be foolish to just try and guarantee Montreal gets our 1st next season by finishing ~15th

Trading Vladar if Markstrom isn't moved is obvious, Ottawa is just also not the location. Vladar had a **** season, that was most likely due to lack of reps but the injury also probably had some say. But basically his value is borderline negative right now. We are much better off trying to move Markstrom since the market for top goalies seems to be hot going into this summer.
Mange at 5.8M is going to be hard to move, the winger market is flooded this summer so unless we are retaining 50% there aren't going to be any bites. If you want to open a spot sell high on Sharangovich, they are basically the same player with the same amount of term.
I like Hague a lot but I also think it is highly unlikely Vegas moves him, he's young, he fits their MO, and he's cheap. Vegas is going to let Martinez walk this summer and probably McNabb the year after. If they were to move any defenseman it will be Whitecloud (unlikely) or Korczak (probable). As for the value, it's just too much. If Hague was 22/23 like Romanov was when the Habs traded 13th OA for him then sure but expecting Coronato to just become a 1st line winger right away was never really realistic, and the Flames are already full of middle 6 wingers already. I think we shelter him and Pelletier next year then they replace Kuzmenko and Mangiapane respectively.
Hanley is whatever, not worth discussing
Center market is always hot, and with the rising cap Stephenson will be in high demand this summer. 2 years ago New York got Trocheck for 7 years at 5.6M (or 6.82% of the cap). You can expect a similar basis for Stephenson this summer, which is ~5.98M. He is also not the solution for Calgary, he is more of the same.
Beauvillier is going to be looking to redeem himself, he was playing top 6 in New York, he was 1st line in Vancouver last year and then was middle 6 in Chicago. Expect him to sign a dirt cheap prove-it deal with a team like Vegas, Dallas, Florida, or something. He isn't going to be looking for a 4th line job on what is frankly a bubble team
Apr. 25 at 7:59 a.m.
First round bust
Edited Apr. 25 at 8:12 a.m.

I think it's more likely that Markstrom moves at this point. I doubt any team takes a risk on Vladar without retention.

I agree with you here, he needs a change of scenery, and I'd rather have someone else on the Backlund line for the entire season. The development time in the NHL for a player like Coronato or Pelletier on the Backlund line could be worth more than the difference between a 2nd and a 3rd.

I don't think we should have Coronato in any trade rumors at this point. The Flames are likely to add a top 4D, but I think they will be looking for a more defensive D-men at the tail end of his career(Martinez, Brodie, Forbort), or someone they can take with a sweetener (like Orlov, or Schmidt). On the same note I doubt that Tanev comes back here(which I would love), because he said he wants to compete for the cup.

Yeah, that makes sense, but I think it will probably happen at the conclusion of all the training camp battles. Hanley is fine as the 7th D. That said, I would prefer to lose him than Solovyov on waivers.

Stephenson does seem like the sort of player the Flames like to target. I think you're slightly low on his cap hit. The projections I've seen so far are in the $5.5-5.75M × 5 range, but that's very plaussible. Conroy said that he would be looking to sign UFAs for 2-3 year contracts. He outlined someone for Huberdeau to play with in his season end interviews. I think that likely means Duclair, Arvidsson, or Duchene on a 2-3 year contract. I also think that the Flames will likely trade one of Kuzmenko and Sharangovich, so that player would take that spot.

Back to you Craig.

As for adding bottom 6 players, that seems a little counterproductive, as our bottom 6 is mostly full. If you want, you could bring Greer back. That said, I prefer to give Pelletier, Coronato, Schwindt, Morton, Duehr, and Klapka the opportunity to fight for a spot in training camp.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll