Lets compare Dubas players vs the players Treliving brought in:

Dubas players:
Mitch Marner ($10.9M): 0G 1A 1P in 3 playoff games
John Tavares ($11M): 1G 0A 1P in 3 playoff games
Calle Jarnkock ($2.4M): 0G 0A 0P in 3 playoff games
Nick Robertson ($900k): 0G 0A 0P in 3 playoff games
Timothy Liljegren ($1.4M): 0G 0A 0P in 3 playoff games
TJ Brodie ($5M): 0G 0A 0P in 0 playoff games - a 7th defensemen making $5M lol
Connor Timmins ($1.1M): 0G 0A 0P in 0 playoff games - a 9th defensemen making $1.1M

Treliving players:
Tyler Bertuzzi ($5.5M): 1G 1A 2P in 3 playoff games
Max Domi ($3M): 1G 2A 3P in 3 playoff games
Joel Edmundson ($900k): 0G 1A 1P in 3 playoff games
Ryan Reaves ($1.35M): 0G 1A 1P in 3 playoff games
Connor Dewar ($800k): 0G 1A 1P in 3 playoff games
Ilya Lyubushkin (687k): 0G 1A 1P in 3 playoff games
Simon Benoit (775k): 0G 0A 0P in 3 playoff games (not worried, shutdown defensemen dont put up points)
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the NSH
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
28$83,500,000$85,918,950$0$0-$2,418,950
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
$5,500,000$5,500,000
LW, RW
NMC
UFA - 1
$11,640,250$11,640,250
C
NMC
UFA - 1
$10,903,000$10,903,000
RW
NMC
UFA - 2
$925,000$925,000
LW, RW
RFA - 2
$11,000,000$11,000,000
C, LW
NMC
UFA - 2
$6,962,366$6,962,366
RW
NMC
UFA - 1
$800,000$800,000
LW, C
RFA - 1
$3,000,000$3,000,000
C, RW
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$2,100,000$2,100,000
RW, C, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$796,667$796,667
LW, RW
RFA - 1
$2,400,000$2,400,000
C
M-NTC
UFA - 4
$1,350,000$1,350,000
RW
UFA - 3
$775,000$775,000
LW, RW
RFA - 1
$800,000$800,000
C, LW
RFA - 2
$762,500$762,500
RW, LW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$7,500,000$7,500,000
LD
NMC
UFA - 7
$1,400,000$1,400,000
RD
RFA - 1
$3,550,000$3,550,000
G
UFA - 1
$5,000,000$5,000,000
LD/RD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$1,100,000$1,100,000
RD
RFA - 2
$875,000$875,000
G
UFA - 1
$2,000,000$2,000,000
LD/RD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$687,500$687,500
RD
UFA - 1
$766,667$766,667
G
RFA - 2
$875,000$875,000
LD/RD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$875,000$875,000
LD
RFA - 2
$800,000$800,000
LD
UFA - 1
$775,000$775,000
LD
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$5,625,000$5,625,000
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$4,687,500$4,687,500
G
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$4,150,000$4,150,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Apr. 25 at 8:24 a.m.
As a team in your division, I hope you get your wish.
Apr. 25 at 8:33 a.m.
Quoting: littlejerryseinfeld
As a team in your division, I hope you get your wish.

If you were a Leafs fan, you would be wishing the same. You can even have Marner for free (same with Tavares). Just take them
Andy_Dick and Saskleaf liked this.
Apr. 25 at 8:39 a.m.
Quoting: Brad_Treliving
If you were a Leafs fan, you would be wishing the same. You can even have Marner for free (same with Tavares). Just take them

Bertuzzi really came through with that deflection off his left when he wasn't really looking. 8 year extension in order.

His roughing penalty that lead to a pp goal was awesome.
Apr. 25 at 8:43 a.m.
hey, remember when Domi was so out of control dumb that he cost the leafs the first game? How about thinking about how much be hates immigrants instead of paying attention to Marchand and letting him score the game winner without breaking a sweat? Oh right, you dont watch the games and only read the box scores. Typical nerd approach
Apr. 25 at 8:45 a.m.
Banned

Nobody would ever willingly go to Buffalo. I'm quite sure most players have trade protection especially for that fact. There's a reason that org cant win anything or keep their players whether its Briere, Drury or Eichel.

Forever awful and second rate.

Now they have an owner that is a gong show. Since Meruelo left, this is the worst owner in hockey with their second hand jerseys and cheap rink.

How the hell do you rehire Lindy Ruff?!? He couldn't even coach the Devils to the playoffs LMAO
Apr. 25 at 8:53 a.m.
Banned
Quoting: JaredOfLondon
hey, remember when Domi was so out of control dumb that he cost the leafs the first game? How about thinking about how much be hates immigrants instead of paying attention to Marchand and letting him score the game winner without breaking a sweat? Oh right, you dont watch the games and only read the box scores. Typical nerd approach

I want the drugs you are on?!? What the hell does immigrants have to do with the box scores..? wut

Your virtue signaling doesnt show up on the box scores either btw and you dont get goals playing on Marner's wing... because you BeLeaf.
You are a fan with zero input and players personal lives don't influence the box score whether they go by he/she/they
Brad_Treliving and Saskleaf liked this.
Apr. 25 at 8:54 a.m.
Quoting: JaredOfLondon

Treliving players show up in the playoffs, the Dubettess disappear. I really hope Shanny gave Dr. Tre an 8 year contract, Tre has done his part this season and Im excited for the future
Apr. 25 at 8:55 a.m.
Quoting: Andy_Dick
I want the drugs you are on?!? What the hell does immigrants have to do with the box scores..? wut

Your virtue signaling doesnt show up on the box scores either btw and you dont get goals playing on Marner's wing... because you BeLeaf.
You are a fan with zero input and players personal lives don't influence the box score whether they go by he/she/they

He's probably fuming that Bertuzzi isn't vaccinated (just like me)
Andy_Dick and Saskleaf liked this.
Apr. 25 at 9:04 a.m.
Leafs going to Leafs
What is this?

It's clear Lilly's created chances... Jarnkrok can't bury and JT's on Marner's line...

You forgot to mention Matthews somehow (with him being a bigger "Treliving" type player than the guys Treliving brought in...)

And love when your shutdown centre has a goal, you refuse to put him in bc it makes your chart look worse
Apr. 25 at 9:07 a.m.
Quoting: Leafsfan98
What is this?

It's clear Lilly's created chances... Jarnkrok can't bury and JT's on Marner's line...

You forgot to mention Matthews somehow (with him being a bigger "Treliving" type player than the guys Treliving brought in...)

And love when your shutdown centre has a goal, you refuse to put him in bc it makes your chart look worse

Im not including Matthews to the list because any GM whether that is Dubas, Tre, or if someone else was hired was going to re-sign him
Apr. 25 at 9:15 a.m.
Leafs going to Leafs
Im not including Matthews to the list because any GM whether that is Dubas, Tre, or if someone else was hired was going to re-sign him

But he's still a Dubas guy? No?

Or is it because he has 8 hits, he now doesn't count?

Wasn't Marner the obvious pick at the time?

Wasn't JT an obvious signing at the time (like Kadri was to CGY?)

Using big players underperforming and calling them the former GM's guys isn't truthful...
Saskleaf liked this.
Apr. 25 at 9:16 a.m.
Banned

Did you see how angry Scott Wheeler got online when other Leafs fans said Joel Edmundson was effective in the playoffs and called Wheeler a nerd? I lol'd
Finally people standing up to the analytics/nerd mafia
Brad_Treliving liked this.
Apr. 25 at 9:16 a.m.

Using big players underperforming and calling them the former GM's guys isn't truthful...

It's a performative act.
Leafsfan98 liked this.
Apr. 25 at 9:20 a.m.
so... what about matthews, why do you leave him out...

is is possible you have an agenda!
Apr. 25 at 9:21 a.m.
Quoting: drambui
so... what about matthews or knies why do you leave him out...

Apr. 25 at 9:24 a.m.
(sorry original duplicated)
Apr. 25 at 9:24 a.m.
Did you see how angry Scott Wheeler got online when other Leafs fans said Joel Edmundson was effective in the playoffs and called Wheeler a nerd? I lol'd
Finally people standing up to the analytics/nerd mafia

Those people honestly destroyed the game of hockey. NHL needs more Don Cherrys and less of Scott Wheeler, Jonas Seagull, Dom Lwhateverhisnameis, and Kyle Dubas
Andy_Dick liked this.
Apr. 25 at 9:25 a.m.
Leafs going to Leafs
Quoting: drambui
so... what about matthews, why do you leave him out...

I will say though... I would love Matthews to one up Marchand Game 4...

They need Matthews to carry them
drambui liked this.
Apr. 25 at 9:28 a.m.

- Matthews has evolved as a player under Treliving, he actually has the stones this time to defend himself and not laugh it off like how Kyle Dubas explained it to him

- JT was not the obvious signing, it was a bone headed move by Dubas and cost us at the expense of moving Kadri who later told Dubas to "kiss his a**" when he raised that cup above his head. There is a reason why the Islanders didn't bring him back (not captain material)

- I'm taking Jake DeBrusk over Mitch Marner. One shows up in the playoffs and the other disappears (I do not care about regular season participation awards)
Andy_Dick liked this.
Apr. 25 at 9:29 a.m.
Banned
Those people honestly destroyed the game of hockey. NHL needs more Don Cherrys and less of Scott Wheeler, Jonas Seagull, Dom Lwhateverhisnameis, and Kyle Dubas

I love it! You are triggering the hell out of these ppl that never played the game and only look at the hockey analytics that arent even standardized across the industry BUT change their model every other day or so to fit their own narrative.

Hockey analytics pioneers are not even statistics majors in most cases. They have limited specific education in the area. Some of them proficient at Math but have no idea about proper statistical methodology, conclusion, paradigms etc. Hockey is an infinitely complicated game.

Not baseball.
Apr. 25 at 9:35 a.m.
Banned
- Matthews has evolved as a player under Treliving, he actually has the stones this time to defend himself and not laugh it off like how Kyle Dubas explained it to him

- JT was not the obvious signing, it was a bone headed move by Dubas and cost us at the expense of moving Kadri who later told Dubas to "kiss his a**" when he raised that cup above his head. There is a reason why the Islanders didn't bring him back (not captain material)

- I'm taking Jake DeBrusk over Mitch Marner. One shows up in the playoffs and the other disappears (I do not care about regular season participation awards)

The goal is to make a dent in the playoffs in the future, not make toys for Santa! Let the teams keep their elves.. I dont want any trade rumours for guy's under 6' and 200lbs at this point for any Canadian team.
That is how you win in the real season!

Just watch Vegas last night! Dallas cant move the puck. The Knights suffocate you. The Stars have all these uber talented small forwards like Stankoven, Wyatt Johnston, etc Whom just go in circles on the outside like a clown car.
Very pretty zone entries numbers tho LMAO
Apr. 25 at 9:38 a.m.
I love it! You are triggering the hell out of these ppl that never played the game and only look at the hockey analytics that arent even standardized across the industry BUT change their model every other day or so to fit their own narrative.

Hockey analytics pioneers are not even statistics majors in most cases. They have limited specific education in the area. Some of them proficient at Math but have no idea about proper statistical methodology, conclusion, paradigms etc. Hockey is an infinitely complicated game.

Not baseball.

Yup couldn't have said it better myself!!!! Any cup winner would say that grit, heart, and physicality gets you through the playoffs. Skill gets you to the playoffs

I remember when everyone gloated about how Dubas robbed the Florida Panthers in the Denis Malgin for Mason Marchment deal. One is scoring NHL playoff goals right now and the other is playing pond hockey in a soft Swedish league. Also, I find it funny how Dubas thought it was wise to keep Kerfoot, Holl, Malgin, and Engvall around and let Hyman walk to the Oilers, what a massive mistake that was

Kerfoot: 0G 0A 0P in 0 playoff games
Holl: 0G 0A 0P in 0 playoff games
Malgin: 0G 0A 0P in 0 playoff games
Engvall: 0G 1A 1P in 2 playoff games

Hyman: 4G 1A 5P in 2 playoff games
Marchment: 1G 0A 1P in 2 playoff games
Andy_Dick liked this.
Apr. 25 at 9:45 a.m.
Banned
Yup couldn't have said it better myself!!!! Any cup winner would say that grit, heart, and physicality gets you through the playoffs. Skill gets you to the playoffs

I remember when everyone gloated about how Dubas robbed the Florida Panthers in the Denis Malgin for Mason Marchment deal. One is scoring NHL playoff goals right now and the other is playing pond hockey in a soft Swedish league. Also, I find it funny how Dubas thought it was wise to keep Kerfoot, Holl, Malgin, and Engvall around and let Hyman walk to the Oilers, what a massive mistake that was

Kerfoot: 0G 0A 0P in 0 playoff games
Holl: 0G 0A 0P in 0 playoff games
Malgin: 0G 0A 0P in 0 playoff games
Engvall: 0G 1A 1P in 2 playoff games

Hyman: 4G 1A 5P in 2 playoff games
Marchment: 1G 0A 1P in 2 playoff games

Hyman was a massive blunder. He's been so consistent in Edmonton I mean 50 goal season WTF but ask Wheeler and DumDum Dom and they say they liked Pool Party's analytics better.

Jfresh literally just stans for Pool Party because he likes his funny faces as a cope as he wouldnt shut up about Puljujarvi's 'elite metrics' a few years back despite everyone with a hockey IQ seeing that Jesse Puljujarvi had zero hockey iq like many of these metrics clowns.

What is Jesse Puljujarvi doing these days?
Healthy scratch most night in Pittsburgh, 3rd or 4th team.
Yeah he's doing great!
Apr. 25 at 9:45 a.m.
Treliving players show up in the playoffs, the Dubettess disappear. I really hope Shanny gave Dr. Tre an 8 year contract, Tre has done his part this season and Im excited for the future

yeah, Max Domi sure showed up in game one with some bone headed penalties and last night when he might as well have blew marchand a kiss on that game winner
Apr. 25 at 9:49 a.m.
Hyman was a massive blunder. He's been so consistent in Edmonton I mean 50 goal season WTF but ask Wheeler and DumDum Dom and they say they liked Pool Party's analytics better.

Jfresh literally just stans for Pool Party because he likes his funny faces as a cope as he wouldnt shut up about Puljujarvi's 'elite metrics' a few years a back despite everyone with a hockey IQ seeing that Jesse Puljujarvi had zero hockey iq like many of these metrics clowns.

What is Jesse Puljujarvi doing these days? helahthy scratch most night in Pittsburgh, 3rd or 4th team. Yeah he's doing great!

Hyman was absolutly brutal in the playoffs for the leafs before he left and was coming off a knee injury at 29 years old, not to mention he never had more than 41 points in 6 seasons as a leaf. The fact that he turned into a superstar in edmonton is something no one expected, not even his biggest fans, he is literally defying all odds with what he is doing and good for him.
As far as what the analytics people think about him, well they've literally always loved him, Hyman was the very definition of an analytics darling during pretty much all his tenure as a leaf and pretending otherwise is just hilarious

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll