5$4,000,000
7$7,000,000
3$4,000,000
4$3,500,000
Trades
TOR
  1. Saros, Juuse
Additional Details:
Leafs get a number 1 goalie and potentially save 4 million in cap if Saros gets an 8 million extension on his next deal. Marner at 11-12 million a year doesn't make any sense considering the money Matthews and Nylander are making.
NSH
  1. Marner, Mitchell
Additional Details:
Trotz was looking to trade Saros at the deadline if the return made sense. Marner would be a great addition to Nashville's top line alongside ROR and Forsberg. That line could be the best defensive line in hockey and they have the skill to put up points.
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the NSH
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
21$87,500,000$87,016,667$0$0$483,333
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
$5,000,000$5,000,000
LW, RW
UFA
$13,250,000$13,250,000
C
NMC
UFA - 4
$4,000,000$4,000,000
C, RW
UFA
$1,350,000$1,350,000
RW, LW
UFA - 2
$11,000,000$11,000,000
C, LW
NMC
UFA - 1
$11,500,000$11,500,000
RW
NMC
UFA - 8
$925,000$925,000
LW, RW
RFA - 1
$800,000$800,000
C, LW
RFA - 1
$2,100,000$2,100,000
RW, C, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$1,350,000$1,350,000
LW, C
RFA
$2,400,000$2,400,000
C
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$1,350,000$1,350,000
RW
UFA - 2
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$7,500,000$7,500,000
LD
NMC
UFA - 6
$4,000,000$4,000,000
RD
UFA
Logo of the Nashville Predators
$5,000,000$5,000,000
G
UFA - 1
$2,000,000$2,000,000
LD/RD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$7,000,000$7,000,000
RD
UFA
$766,667$766,667
G
RFA - 1
$1,350,000$1,350,000
LD
UFA - 3
$3,500,000$3,500,000
RD
UFA
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$875,000$875,000
LD
RFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Apr. 26 at 2:45 p.m.
Puckhead
I think O'Reilly and Schenn talk Trotz out of that and I think its the same with trading Marner to any team...he may have to take a pay cut
Apr. 26 at 2:50 p.m.
"If the return made sense"... it doesn't make sense. Preds don't need more wingers. We need elite centers or RD
nativewulf liked this.
Apr. 26 at 2:52 p.m.
Two problems Marner say something to the affect of Go F*** yourself to Treliving when asked to waive. 2 Mariner is pricing himself out of interest. Is he a really good player? Absolutely will he get what he feels he's worth probably because it only takes one GM, however most contenders don't have the cap so he'll be going to a rebuild to get the dollars he wants
Apr. 26 at 2:56 p.m.
Marner has far far far far far far far far more value than saros, NSH would need to add allot
Apr. 26 at 3:03 p.m.
"Hi, Dead Horse? Yes, I'd like you to meet Stick."
gmgb, nativewulf and herzausstein liked this.
Apr. 26 at 3:10 p.m.
TOR fans will be up in arms that Marner is worth much more than Saros.

NSH fans are unanimous in having no interest in a Marner trade in the first place.

Everyone declines.
Apr. 26 at 3:15 p.m.
Quoting: gmgb
TOR fans will be up in arms that Marner is worth much more than Saros.

NSH fans are unanimous in having no interest in a Marner trade in the first place.

Everyone declines.

Marner is worth more than Saros. It’s not a matter of “who’s better” so much a matter of positions - goalies historically don’t get big hails in trades. Getting an elite 2 way winger for a goalie coming off his worst statistical year would be a massive overpay.

You’d probably be adding at least another 2 assets plus Saros to get Marner
Apr. 26 at 4:51 p.m.
Quoting: Ryminister_92
Marner is worth more than Saros. It’s not a matter of “who’s better” so much a matter of positions - goalies historically don’t get big hails in trades. Getting an elite 2 way winger for a goalie coming off his worst statistical year would be a massive overpay.

You’d probably be adding at least another 2 assets plus Saros to get Marner

I never mentioned anything about "who's better". Comparing a goalie and a winger is a pointless apples vs oranges debate.

NSH isn't adding anything, because even a one-for-one trade doesn't make sense for them. It doesn't matter how much TOR values Marner or what they want for him, if NSH isn't in the market for the guy.

Pump up the "elite 2 way winger" making almost $11M, and downplay the goalie making less than half of that for having a bad first half of the regular season all you want. One guy is making front page headlines for being invisible in his series, and the other is getting player of the game accolades from his teammates. I'm glad NSH has the second guy.

https://twitter.com/TheTorontoSun/status/1782888983736840241

https://twitter.com/PredsNHL/status/1783301548690284562
Apr. 26 at 5:13 p.m.
I never mentioned anything about "who's better". Comparing a goalie and a winger is a pointless apples vs oranges debate.

NSH isn't adding anything, because even a one-for-one trade doesn't make sense for them. It doesn't matter how much TOR values Marner or what they want for him, if NSH isn't in the market for the guy.

Pump up the "elite 2 way winger" making almost $11M, and downplay the goalie making less than half of that for having a bad first half of the regular season all you want. One guy is making front page headlines for being invisible in his series, and the other is getting player of the game accolades from his teammates. I'm glad NSH has the second guy.

https://twitter.com/TheTorontoSun/status/1782888983736840241

https://twitter.com/PredsNHL/status/1783301548690284562

Your argument for Nashville not making the trade a possibility is the Toronto media vs the Preds giving their goalie a 1 game award that means absolutely nothing? LOL

What stats are you looking at to say that Saros only had a bad first half?
October: .915sv%
November: .880sv%
December: .911sv%
January: .906sv%
February: .926sv%
March: .905sv%
April: .904sv%

… the guy has literally been barely mid level goalie all season. He had one good month in February and the rest he’s barely above the league average save percentage of .903sv%

Sounds more like you’re hyping up Saros than me hyping up Marner.
Apr. 26 at 5:56 p.m.
Your argument for Nashville not making the trade a possibility is the Toronto media vs the Preds giving their goalie a 1 game award that means absolutely nothing? LOL

What stats are you looking at to say that Saros only had a bad first half?
October: .915sv%
November: .880sv%
December: .911sv%
January: .906sv%
February: .926sv%
March: .905sv%
April: .904sv%

… the guy has literally been barely mid level goalie all season. He had one good month in February and the rest he’s barely above the league average save percentage of .903sv%

Sounds more like you’re hyping up Saros than me hyping up Marner.

Just trying to have a little fun there, guy. Let's not take the front page hysterics of Canada's worst newspaper too seriously. Really just wanted to illustrate that Saros is the main reason his underdog team is keeping staying competitive in their series. Marner's one assist and lackluster play is a big reason why TOR is behind in theirs.

Saros finished 4th league wide in goalie point shares, 1st in saves, led NSH to a franchise record undefeated streak. He's been strong since Feb - not just during that month.

NSH doesn't make a Saros for Marner trade because a year of Marner (even at his very best) doesn't do anything for NSH if they don't have an elite goalie. Would you go all in with a goalie as inexperienced as Askarov? I'd argue Marner's contract is a bit steep right now. Obviously he's going to want a raise on the next one, and I don't think he's worth it.

RW is the deepest area of NSH's prospect pool, so Marner isn't filling some big need for them anyway. If NSH were to trade Saros for an established player making big money, a center or RD would be their target.

Bottom line is NSH is a better team with Saros, than they would be with Marner instead of him.
Apr. 26 at 5:58 p.m.
Just trying to have a little fun there, guy. Let's not take the front page hysterics of Canada's worst newspaper too seriously. Really just wanted to illustrate that Saros is the main reason his underdog team is keeping staying competitive in their series. Marner's one assist and lackluster play is a big reason why TOR is behind in theirs.

Saros finished 4th league wide in goalie point shares, 1st in saves, led NSH to a franchise record undefeated streak. He's been strong since Feb - not just during that month.

NSH doesn't make a Saros for Marner trade because a year of Marner (even at his very best) doesn't do anything for NSH if they don't have an elite goalie. Would you go all in with a goalie as inexperienced as Askarov? I'd argue Marner's contract is a bit steep right now. Obviously he's going to want a raise on the next one, and I don't think he's worth it.

RW is the deepest area of NSH's prospect pool, so Marner isn't filling some big need for them anyway. If NSH were to trade Saros for an established player making big money, a center or RD would be their target.

Bottom line is NSH is a better team with Saros, than they would be with Marner instead of him.

Saros has literally been league average since the end of February.
Apr. 26 at 6:11 p.m.
Saros has literally been league average since the end of February.

He had a 10-3-3 record since the end of February.
Apr. 26 at 7:58 p.m.
He had a 10-3-3 record since the end of February.

Cool. & Samsonov had a 9-2-1 since the end of February. Does that mean Samsonov is better than Saros by your logic? In fact Samsonov had a .675 winning percentage this season and Saros had a .586. Guess Samsonov is better eh 🤷🏻‍♂️ .. a win/loss record is a team stat, not a goalie one.
Apr. 26 at 10:27 p.m.
Cool. & Samsonov had a 9-2-1 since the end of February. Does that mean Samsonov is better than Saros by your logic? In fact Samsonov had a .675 winning percentage this season and Saros had a .586. Guess Samsonov is better eh 🤷🏻‍♂️ .. a win/loss record is a team stat, not a goalie one.

Yes, obviously wins are a team stat - one that goalies have a huge hand in (those wins are near impossible to get if your goalie isn't playing well). It illustrates that Saros was likely playing above average hockey during that stretch. As someone who was actually watching him play, I can attest that he was. The eye test isn't perfect, but obviously no one point of analysis is. That's why no one gets pedantic about one specific stat like, save % or whatever.

I assume Samsonov was also playing above average hockey when he went 9-2-2 during that same stretch (check your stats). Good for him. If he could play at that level for as long and as much as Saros has over the past few years, he'd probably be worth something too.

Now please, take no for an answer. There's no interest in Marner on this end. RW isn't a big enough need. His salary is high as it is, and an extension that comes with a raise would definitely be too much. Whatever the acquisition cost would be, it's not worth it for NSH. The Preds have a better chance of success next year with Saros, than they would with Marner instead. Negging on Saros doesn't change that.
Apr. 26 at 10:38 p.m.
Yes, obviously wins are a team stat - one that goalies have a huge hand in (those wins are near impossible to get if your goalie isn't playing well). It illustrates that Saros was likely playing above average hockey during that stretch. As someone who was actually watching him play, I can attest that he was. The eye test isn't perfect, but obviously no one point of analysis is. That's why no one gets pedantic about one specific stat like, save % or whatever.

I assume Samsonov was also playing above average hockey when he went 9-2-2 during that same stretch (check your stats). Good for him. If he could play at that level for as long and as much as Saros has over the past few years, he'd probably be worth something too.

Now please, take no for an answer. There's no interest in Marner on this end. RW isn't a big enough need. His salary is high as it is, and an extension that comes with a raise would definitely be too much. Whatever the acquisition cost would be, it's not worth it for NSH. The Preds have a better chance of success next year with Saros, than they would with Marner instead. Negging on Saros doesn't change that.

Samsonov was 5-2-5 for the first 3 months of the season with a .858sv% and even in February he was 6-2-0 with a .888sv% … so to prove my point, wins are purely a team thing and goalies don’t have to play well to win games.

Saros was a league average goalie this year with a .906sv%. But you say he’s been playing better? .. how’s that .880sv% in the playoffs so far through 3 games? That’s not NHL level goaltending. Save to say you’re overrating him but okay we’ll trust your eye test 😉
Apr. 26 at 11:37 p.m.
Samsonov was 5-2-5 for the first 3 months of the season with a .858sv% and even in February he was 6-2-0 with a .888sv% … so to prove my point, wins are purely a team thing and goalies don’t have to play well to win games.

Saros was a league average goalie this year with a .906sv%. But you say he’s been playing better? .. how’s that .880sv% in the playoffs so far through 3 games? That’s not NHL level goaltending. Save to say you’re overrating him but okay we’ll trust your eye test 😉

See? This right here shows you're obsessing over a stat line, not watching hockey. Saros has played great. One goal in game one that he'd like to have back, sure. He's played great the rest of the series.

Besides, I REALLY don't think playoff performance is an argument you want to use, when you're trying to defend why Marner has so much value wink

Goodnight, goodbye, and good luck.
Apr. 27 at 11:51 a.m.
See? This right here shows you're obsessing over a stat line, not watching hockey. Saros has played great. One goal in game one that he'd like to have back, sure. He's played great the rest of the series.

Besides, I REALLY don't think playoff performance is an argument you want to use, when you're trying to defend why Marner has so much value wink

A goalie’s job is to stop the puck. Saros has not done that at a high rate this year, regular season or playoffs. That’s what save percentage proves.

& at least Marner was still himself in the regular season and produced. He’s not been great in playoffs, 100% agree but he’s also not fully healthy.

My point was that you’re overhyping Saros based on his name and reputation but the reality is that he hasn’t been nearly as good as you’ve stated. I’ve proved that more than once.

But hey sure, believe that he’s “playing good” when he doesn’t get playoff wins enough or stop the puck enough. That seems like a good combination for a team 🤷🏻‍♂️
Apr. 27 at 1:15 p.m.

… the guy has literally been barely mid level goalie all season.

Then why are you trading for him?

Preds don't need more RW's
Apr. 27 at 2:46 p.m.
Quoting: Ennis
Then why are you trading for him?

Preds don't need more RW's

I’m not the one who posted the thread..
Apr. 28 at 8:22 p.m.

4 more goals on 20 shots when his team had a 2 goal lead with under 2 minutes left in the 3rd - lowers his playoff save percentage to .857%. I mean at the end of the day his job is to stop the puck and the most shots he’s had in a game in the playoffs is 20 and he’s not stopping the puck.

Can’t see any argument to say he’s elite 🤷🏻‍♂️
Apr. 29 at 7:41 p.m.
4 more goals on 20 shots when his team had a 2 goal lead with under 2 minutes left in the 3rd - lowers his playoff save percentage to .857%. I mean at the end of the day his job is to stop the puck and the most shots he’s had in a game in the playoffs is 20 and he’s not stopping the puck.

Can’t see any argument to say he’s elite 🤷🏻‍♂️

Did you seriously come back to an old thread to gloat minutes after a tough loss? How many nights did you lose sleep fuming because like most every CF user, I don't want to give you all the great pieces you want for your favourite player? All full of big boy bravado because Saros had an average game, and Marner finally netted a meaningless goal?

You're being more childish than Marner's glove throwing tantrum was.

Troll someone else. We're done.
Apr. 29 at 8:49 p.m.
Did you seriously come back to an old thread to gloat minutes after a tough loss? How many nights did you lose sleep fuming because like most every CF user, I don't want to give you all the great pieces you want for your favourite player? All full of big boy bravado because Saros had an average game, and Marner finally netted a meaningless goal?

You're being more childish than Marner's glove throwing tantrum was.

Troll someone else. We're done.

I think the funniest thing is that you think I care what you “give me” for a player.. these aren’t real proposals. These are imaginary. I don’t work for a NHL team, nor do you. So you’re not “offering me” anything.

& calling it an “old thread” is a little far fetched, it was 2 days after the initial conversation. That’s not exactly old.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll