ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
23$87,700,000$76,457,167$0$6,895,000$11,242,833
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Chicago Blackhawks
$2,250,000$2,250,000
LW, C, RW
RFA - 1
$950,000$950,000 (Performance Bonus$3,500,000$4M)
C
RFA - 2
Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
$10,903,000$10,903,000
RW
NMC
UFA - 1
$4,250,000$4,250,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$950,000$950,000
C
RFA
$8,000,000$8,000,000
RW
UFA
$912,500$912,500 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
LW
RFA - 1
$4,250,000$4,250,000
C, LW
UFA - 2
$950,000$950,000 (Performance Bonus$900,000$900K)
RW, C
RFA - 2
$2,000,000$2,000,000
LW, C, RW
UFA - 1
$4,500,000$4,500,000
LW, C, RW
UFA - 2
Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
$1,350,000$1,350,000
RW
UFA - 2
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$918,333$918,333 (Performance Bonus$1,000,000$1M)
LD
RFA - 2
$9,500,000$9,500,000
RD
NMC
UFA - 6
$4,250,000$4,250,000
G
UFA - 2
$4,600,000$4,600,000
LD
UFA - 6
$4,400,000$4,400,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$962,500$962,500
G
RFA - 1
$825,000$825,000 (Performance Bonus$82,500$82K)
LD
RFA - 2
$916,667$916,667 (Performance Bonus$425,000$425K)
LD
RFA - 1
$950,000$950,000
G
RFA
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$855,833$855,833 (Performance Bonus$57,500$58K)
LD
RFA - 2
$846,667$846,667 (Performance Bonus$80,000$80K)
LW
RFA - 3

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
May 8 at 2:52 p.m.
Toronto needs RHD guys, add Murphy and remove Dach or Reichel and Hawks only do this at a reasonable cap hit on the extension. I still think the Hawks draft Demidov and adding Kane + Marner then makes no sense and there's a better chance they add Kane then trade rebuilding assets for Marner. Lastly, Kane will want at least 3 years to join the Hawks and will probably do it for $5M or less.
exo2769, Garak and Hawksguy81 liked this.
May 8 at 3:05 p.m.
exo2769
Quoting: ChiHawk
Toronto needs RHD guys, add Murphy and remove Dach or Reichel and Hawks only do this at a reasonable cap hit on the extension. I still think the Hawks draft Demidov and adding Kane + Marner then makes no sense and there's a better chance they add Kane then trade rebuilding assets for Marner. Lastly, Kane will want at least 3 years to join the Hawks and will probably do it for $5M or less.

Would love to bring Kaner back and draft Demidov. Kaner will help immediately and eventually Demidov will take a larger role when he's here and ready. Just really good Team Progress if we go this route.
Garak, Hawksguy81 and ChiHawk liked this.
May 8 at 3:06 p.m.
Tank it baby

I could definitely see Kane returning to Chicago.

I recall that game when Detroit played in Chicago and it was Chelios' jersey retirement and Kane's return.

The way Hawks fans cheered Kane was amazing and you could tell it meant a lot to him.

What a mentor he'd be for young Bedard who probably idolized Kane while growing up.
Garak, exo2769 and ChiHawk liked this.
May 8 at 3:32 p.m.
Quoting: SharkTank

I recall that game when Detroit played in Chicago and it was Chelios' jersey retirement and Kane's return.

The way Hawks fans cheered Kane was amazing and you could tell it meant a lot to him.

What a mentor he'd be for young Bedard who probably idolized Kane while growing up.

Hey! I've been hoping to see some comments from you! Wanted to say, Congrats on the lotto win last night!

And yeah, bringing back Kane should be a no brainer, but I also get it if KD ripped that bandaid off and doesn't want to put it back on.
exo2769 and ChiHawk liked this.
May 8 at 3:34 p.m.
exo2769

I'm fairly certain he still has his home here that he just bought before leaving for New York and of course his wife is from here. He'd be the 4th or 5th guy I can think of who came to CHI because of family reasons. These guys are on the road so often that it's mom with the kids and that's a full time job that needs help too. It's easier when Mom is near family. It's just part of life that most people on here don't think about. These are real guys with real families.

***EDIT*** and congrats on Celebrini!
May 8 at 3:35 p.m.
Tank it baby
Quoting: Garak
Hey! I've been hoping to see some comments from you! Wanted to say, Congrats on the lotto win last night!

And yeah, bringing back Kane should be a no brainer, but I also get it if KD ripped that bandaid off and doesn't want to put it back on.

Thanks man!

I did my celebrating last night after the draft lottery! 😁

I still can't believe it!

I recall KD talking about the Hawks future but I think there's exceptions in certain cases.

I'm not a Hawks fan but I'd love to see Kaner back in Chicago.
Garak liked this.
May 8 at 3:36 p.m.
Quoting: exo2769
I'm fairly certain he still has his home here that he just bought before leaving for New York and of course his wife is from here. He'd be the 4th or 5th guy I can think of who came to CHI because of family reasons. These guys are on the road so often that it's mom with the kids and that's a full time job that needs help too. It's easier when Mom is near family. It's just part of life that most people on here don't think about. These are real guys with real families.

Supposedly his parents and sisters have moved to CHI as well.
exo2769 liked this.
May 8 at 3:37 p.m.
Tank it baby

Thanks man! 😁

Yeah I remember seeing Kane's young son standing behind the glass and Kane skating over.

Maybe he'll be an NHL player too someday!

Bobby and Brett Hull? 😉
exo2769 liked this.
May 8 at 3:39 p.m.
Thanks man!

I did my celebrating last night after the draft lottery! 😁

I still can't believe it!

I recall KD talking about the Hawks future but I think there's exceptions in certain cases.

I'm not a Hawks fan but I'd love to see Kaner back in Chicago.

I know the feeling I was going nuts when we won it last year. Not sure if moving from 3rd to 1st feels different than staying put, but a win is a win, and I do know that after an awful season there is no better feeling.

I was a teenager when we drafted Kane and Toews, so I was off being a ****head and not caring about anything at that time. I still liked to watch, but I wasn't as involved.
exo2769 liked this.
May 8 at 3:39 p.m.
Tank it baby
I know the feeling I was going nuts when we won it last year. Not sure if moving from 3rd to 1st feels different than staying put, but a win is a win, and I do know that after an awful season there is no better feeling.

Exactly!

You guys taking that Russian D at #2?
Garak and exo2769 liked this.
May 8 at 3:42 p.m.
Exactly!

You guys taking that Russian D at #2?

Belarusian. And I hope not. I watched a ton of Michigan State games this year and I am not very high on him after that. I want Demidov. I think hindsight will have us regretting not taking Demidov in favor of Levshunov. But, we'll see. If we take him, all I can do is hope for the best. I could also be talked into Lindstrom, but Levshunov I am very wary of.

Also, I edited my last comment. Not sure if you saw it.
exo2769 liked this.
May 8 at 3:48 p.m.
Tank it baby
Belarusian. And I hope not. I watched a ton of Michigan State games this year and I am not very high on him after that. I want Demidov. I think hindsight will have us regretting not taking Demidov in favor of Levshunov. But, we'll see. If we take him, all I can do is hope for the best. I could also be talked into Lindstrom, but Levshunov I am very wary of.

Also, I edited my last comment. Not sure if you saw it.

I remember Philly fans being so pissed when they they had to settle for JVR instead of Kane.

I also remember Bill Wirtz Sr. crowing about young Toews.

Yzerman had said Toews was better than he was at that age.

Ol' Billy Wirtz says "Did you hear what Yzerman said?" 😆
May 8 at 3:52 p.m.
I remember Philly fans being so pissed when they they had to settle for JVR instead of Kane.

I also remember Bill Wirtz Sr. crowing about young Toews.

Yzerman had said Toews was better than he was at that age.

Ol' Billy Wirtz says "Did you hear what Yzerman said?" 😆

I'm all choked up now. Toews had a career year not long ago. If it weren't for the long covid issues, he would probably still be playing at a high level now. Still hoping he can bounce back, though. He did make sure to essentially say "I am not retiring, yet. Hopefully this is just a break so I can get healthy."
exo2769 liked this.
May 8 at 3:55 p.m.
Tank it baby
I'm all choked up now. Toews had a career year not long ago. If it weren't for the long covid issues, he would probably still be playing at a high level now. Still hoping he can bounce back, though. He did make sure to essentially say "I am not retiring, yet. Hopefully this is just a break so I can get healthy."

Lots of hard miles on Toews.

He and the other core guys on Chicago paid a huge price winning those 3 Cups but Toews especially.

Add to his Team Canada successes and what a career!

It's unfortunate it had to end the way it did but his legacy is cemented.

He's a first ballot Hall of Famer for sure. 😁
May 8 at 4:28 p.m.

I can confirm he has a home in Lake Forest and his girlfriend (don't think they ever actually wed) and baby are living there following a year long extensive remodeling project. He bought it for $5M and at least put $1m into from the work I've seen being done. Now, that's not to say he won't flip it, I'm sure there is a profit or at least break-even to be made, but $6M+ investing in a home and remodeling for a year, even in Lake Forest, is quite a healthy investment to make it the "forever home".

Chicago is obviously not California, so you don't see $6M suburban homes go on the market all that often versus California where every coastal town has multiple $6M listings come on pretty much weekly.
Garak liked this.
May 8 at 5:09 p.m.
I can confirm he has a home in Lake Forest and his girlfriend (don't think they ever actually wed) and baby are living there following a year long extensive remodeling project. He bought it for $5M and at least put $1m into from the work I've seen being done. Now, that's not to say he won't flip it, I'm sure there is a profit or at least break-even to be made, but $6M+ investing in a home and remodeling for a year, even in Lake Forest, is quite a healthy investment to make it the "forever home".

Chicago is obviously not California, so you don't see $6M suburban homes go on the market all that often versus California where every coastal town has multiple $6M listings come on pretty much weekly.

You back in IL now?
May 8 at 5:14 p.m.
You back in IL now?

I split my time, but primarily in CA. I have extended fam who live a block away from Kane's gf and kid which is why I'm in the know a little bit and saw the progress on the house and when they settled in.
Garak liked this.
May 8 at 5:16 p.m.
I split my time, but primarily in CA. I have extended fam who live a block away from Kane's gf and kid which is why I'm in the know a little bit and saw the progress on the house and when they settled in.

Cool cool. I still have never been to CA. Maybe one of these days.
ChiHawk liked this.
May 8 at 5:37 p.m.
Cool cool. I still have never been to CA. Maybe one of these days.

Most expensive state obviously, and a crazy political environment, but if you can ignore that it's easily the most beautiful state in the country.

Spend 7 to 10 days, fly into SF and rent a car, drive highway 1 all the way down South to San Diego. Plenty to see and experience along the way. Very diverse places from Napa Valley, SF, Carmel/Monterey, Santa Barbara, Malibu, LA, Orange County (Laguna Beach, Huntington Beach, Dana Point), La Jolla, and San Diego. People don't appreciate how different California is until they experience those different areas and the terrain is breath taking along the way.

I did that 15 years ago and got hooked fast. I've been to every state except Alaska and pretty much every major city in the US and no state IMO compares.
Garak liked this.
May 8 at 5:44 p.m.
Most expensive state obviously, and a crazy political environment, but if you can ignore that it's easily the most beautiful state in the country.

Spend 7 to 10 days, fly into SF and rent a car, drive highway 1 all the way down South to San Diego. Plenty to see and experience along the way. Very diverse places from Napa Valley, SF, Carmel/Monterey, Santa Barbara, Malibu, LA, Orange County (Laguna Beach, Huntington Beach, Dana Point), La Jolla, and San Diego. People don't appreciate how different California is until they experience those different areas and the terrain is breath taking along the way.

I did that 15 years ago and got hooked fast. I've been to every state except Alaska and pretty much every major city in the US and no state IMO compares.

Yeah. I was kinda thinking of doing that Highway 1 drive at some point. But I also have friends and family in Washington, Oregon, and AZ. So I might start higher and go even lower. We'll see, tho.
ChiHawk liked this.
May 8 at 5:55 p.m.
Yeah. I was kinda thinking of doing that Highway 1 drive at some point. But I also have friends and family in Washington, Oregon, and AZ. So I might start higher and go even lower. We'll see, tho.

The drive from SF north to Seattle is also pretty incredible. Very remote in parts and the vegetation, mountains and rugged coastline are pretty impressive.
Garak liked this.
May 8 at 6:00 p.m.
The drive from SF north to Seattle is also pretty incredible. Very remote in parts and the vegetation, mountains and rugged coastline are pretty impressive.

The craziest scenery I've driven through was New Mexico and Utah. Red desert and rocky desert. Seeing pictures and seeing it in person are completely different things.
ChiHawk liked this.
May 8 at 6:32 p.m.
The craziest scenery I've driven through was New Mexico and Utah. Red desert and rocky desert. Seeing pictures and seeing it in person are completely different things.

It's eerie in a spooky way IMO
Garak liked this.
May 8 at 6:40 p.m.
It's eerie in a spooky way IMO

Yeah. It's so bizarre to see for the first time. Like here in New England there are mountains but everything is covered in trees. So it just looks like rolling hills, and I grew up seeing this area of the country. Seeing just bare rock just adds to the perspective how massive these mountains are. The colors were insane too. And yeah, how flat it is just forever is spooky, for sure. My jaw was on the floor.
ChiHawk liked this.
May 8 at 6:54 p.m.
Yeah. It's so bizarre to see for the first time. Like here in New England there are mountains but everything is covered in trees. So it just looks like rolling hills, and I grew up seeing this area of the country. Seeing just bare rock just adds to the perspective how massive these mountains are. The colors were insane too. And yeah, how flat it is just forever is spooky, for sure. My jaw was on the floor.

The terrain diversity in America is pretty incredible. Why I like California so much is one state with so many different temps and terrains from Rocky Mountains, rolling hills in wine country, desert such as death valley, ocean, beautiful huge lakes such as Tahoe, thick redwood forests, and snowboarding to surfing even in the same day...it's a pretty good representation of America as a whole
Garak liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll