Forums/NHL

Favourite For The 2018 Olympics

Who is the favourite to win gold?
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

Jul. 26, 2017 at 5:30 p.m.
V3 Canucks GM, BOG
Edited Aug. 16, 2017 at 5:54 p.m.
Canada announced their 45 man roster that will be playing exhibition games against KHL teams. It does not include any AHL players at this point, but it gives us a fairly good idea of what Canada's roster might look like for the Olympics this winter. These are the best players that I see on the roster (basically all the players I have heard of):

Goalies: Ben Scrivens, Justin Peters, Kevin Poulin

Defensemen: Kevin Klein, Cam Barker, Stefan Elliott, Marc-Andre Gragnani, Carlo Colaiacovo, Karl Stollery, Shawn Lalonde

Forwards: Derek Roy, Mason Raymond, Gilbert Brule, Andrew Ebbett, Rob Klinkhammer, Daniel Paille, Max Talbot, Linden Vey, Ryan Garbutt, Taylor Beck, Brandon McMillan, Andrew Gordon

This is a solid group of players in my opinion (some of them might even still be able to play in the NHL). It would probably be the best team at the Olympics if Russia didn't exist. When I look at some of the players that Russia has at their disposal (Kovalchuk, Nichushkin, Grigorenko, Tryamkin, Nesterov and possibly Sergei Mozyakin) I feel that Canada will have a tough task on their hands.
Jul. 26, 2017 at 8:27 p.m.
get ur corsi up
Russia, it's going to be a bunch of pros against NHL rejects.
Jul. 26, 2017 at 8:40 p.m.
Emotionally in 2018
Players like Kovalchuk and Gusev will be suiting up for the Russians, and there most likely won't be a single big-name player that plays for a country other than Russia.
Jul. 26, 2017 at 8:45 p.m.
Quoting: krakowitz
Players like Kovalchuk and Gusev will be suiting up for the Russians, and there most likely won't be a single big-name player that plays for a country other than Russia.

Jonas Hiller for SWISS
Jul. 26, 2017 at 8:49 p.m.
Emotionally in 2018
Quoting: phillyjabroni
Quoting: krakowitz

Jonas Hiller for SWISS

He's a familiar name, but he's still garbage where as Kovalchuk and Gusev were wanted to come play in the NHL this season.
Jul. 26, 2017 at 9:43 p.m.
It'll entirely come down to which NHL players pursue/are granted permission to come. If there are none, then the edge goes to Russia. But not by an overwhelming margin; there are good players in other countries.

If nothing else, it should be a moderately more competitive tournament.
Jul. 26, 2017 at 9:44 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Russia.
Jul. 26, 2017 at 9:54 p.m.
They should bring in young talent from the CHL. (Ex: Brett Howden)
Jul. 26, 2017 at 11:39 p.m.
When Russia wins (baring something crazy happening), is it even going to matter, the best players in the world are going to be sitting on their thumbs in the US and Canada. I do agree, we should just have have the kids go play. I am interested to see what USA kind of hoping they just pull kids from college and send them.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit