3$4,500,000
1$800,000
1$800,000
Trades
TOR
  1. Knight, Spencer
  2. 2025 2nd round pick (FLA)
Additional Details:
Toronto gets a goalie that has had some success but was beat out by Bob and Stolarz
FLA
  1. Liljegren, Timothy [RFA Rights]
  2. 2024 1st round pick (TOR)
Additional Details:
With the possibility of losing Montour Florida. gets back. another puck moving man that has not broken out
TOR
  1. Bjorkstrand, Oliver
  2. Goyette, David
  3. 2024 1st round pick (SEA)
Additional Details:
Toronto gets back top 6 forward a really good prospect and a high draft pick
SEA
  1. Marner, Mitchell
Additional Details:
Marner signs an extension with Seattle. Seattle gets a top5 RW that is good for 30 goals 90 points and is elite defensively. Perfect partner for Jared McCann and to get back into the west playoff race
TOR
  1. 2025 3rd round pick (PIT)
TOR
  1. 2026 6th round pick (SJS)
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the SEA
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the NSH
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the FLA
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the SJS
Logo of the TOR
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
23$87,700,000$85,363,001$0$0$2,336,999

Roster

Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Seattle Kraken
$5,400,000$5,400,000
RW, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 2
Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
$13,250,000$13,250,000
C
NMC
UFA - 4
$4,000,000$4,000,000
C, RW
UFA
$925,000$925,000
LW, RW
RFA - 1
$816,667$816,667
C, LW
RFA - 3
$11,500,000$11,500,000
RW
NMC
UFA - 8
$904,667$904,667
LW, C
RFA - 3
$11,000,000$11,000,000
C, LW
NMC
UFA - 1
$1,350,000$1,350,000
RW, LW
UFA - 2
$1,350,000$1,350,000
LW, C
RFA
$2,400,000$2,400,000
C
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$800,000$800,000
C, LW
RFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$7,500,000$7,500,000
LD
NMC
UFA - 6
$4,500,000$4,500,000
RD
UFA
Logo of the Florida Panthers
$4,500,000$4,500,000
G
RFA - 2
$2,000,000$2,000,000
LD/RD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$5,500,000$5,500,000
RD
UFA
$766,667$766,667
G
RFA - 1
$1,350,000$1,350,000
LD
UFA - 3
Logo of the Columbus Blue Jackets
$2,600,000$2,600,000
RD
RFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$800,000$800,000
RD
UFA
$800,000$800,000
G
UFA
$1,350,000$1,350,000
RW
UFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
May 20 at 11:57 p.m.
Quoting: Ledge_And_Dairy
No he wouldn't because he's not allowed to discuss that with him prior to July 1st and without permission to talk to him from Toronto.

I'm not pulling on strings that don't exist, you are trying to sell a player as more than a rental when they aren't

Bro agents make the trades happen. The GM only discuss packages. Darren Ferris will have a contract ready on July 1st for Marner to sign in Seattle
May 20 at 11:59 p.m.
Quoting: cwhitney29
why do leaf fans always trade jarnkrok/ kampf/ timmins/ reaves to pittsburgh for a 3rd? why cant you guys trade them to like, washington for a 3rd? or utah (theyve got picks to spare im just sayin), or literally any other team that doesnt employ kyle dubas? it just cracks me up

You haven’t seen enough from Kyle Dubas as yet but her loves his guys. Why else you think he got back Bunting from Carolina. As well why did Eller sign a similar deal to Kampf? Totally wasn’t like Eller was his second option if Kampf was gone.
May 21 at 12:02 a.m.
Quoting: GMBL
I do think Liljegren's offense can be unlocked, but I don't think someone will rely on that and move a significant piece for him (+ a 1st) unless it's a retooling/rebuilding team.

Stolarz is set to make 3.5M+x3 or 4 and which would be a lot for a backup, and while that's less than Knight, he's 30 which isn't too old for a goalie but he's much older than Knight. They'll have a much longer window with Knight if he becomes elite at 25-26 than with Stolarz.

I don’t see Stolarz making that money and we also have to consider if Stolarz wanted to make that kind of money he could take less in Florida cause of the zero state tax. It’s the reason why guys in Tampa and Florida are signed amazing value contacts when in reality in a different market they’d be making 11+ million.

Personally I see this as Florida window and they’re gonna keep going all in to hopefully win a cup. If it means parting with Knight to maximize cap space they’ll do it
May 21 at 12:03 a.m.
Quoting: CakeEaterBanks
Bro agents make the trades happen. The GM only discuss packages. Darren Ferris will have a contract ready on July 1st for Marner to sign in Seattle

Bro, Francis can't talk to Ferris either, this is standard stuff. Just because your guys going to be a pending free agent this time doesn't mean the rules will change . Face the facts, if Marner is getting traded it won't be until July, after his signing bonus is paid, and when he can legally discuss contract extensions with anyone
May 21 at 12:18 a.m.
You haven’t seen enough from Kyle Dubas as yet but her loves his guys. Why else you think he got back Bunting from Carolina. As well why did Eller sign a similar deal to Kampf? Totally wasn’t like Eller was his second option if Kampf was gone.

lars eller is a stanley cup champion and a responsible 3rd line center that honestly outplayed the value of his contract while david kampf is 4th line waiver fodder. not sure kampf was ever an option for dubas last offseason, especially if he landed acciari and eller. as for the carolina trade, bunts brought an edge that was missing much of the year so that ended up being pretty good. kyle reuniting with bunts, a proven top 6 player is one thing. paying a 3rd for a cap dump player is a completely different thing.
May 21 at 12:19 a.m.
I don’t see Stolarz making that money and we also have to consider if Stolarz wanted to make that kind of money he could take less in Florida cause of the zero state tax. It’s the reason why guys in Tampa and Florida are signed amazing value contacts when in reality in a different market they’d be making 11+ million.

Personally I see this as Florida window and they’re gonna keep going all in to hopefully win a cup. If it means parting with Knight to maximize cap space they’ll do it

If FLR wants to keep Stolarz, he's likely going to try milking them for as much as money as possible, he might not get 3.5M on the open market but I'm sure he'll try. Players taking less to play in tax-states is not true for every player. You can't compare a guy that's making top dollar to someone who is making a lot less. Nick Paul is probably the only guy in TB that took a low-cap hit deal, but because he got a lot of term. Killorn, Palat, and Colton all had to be let go. The same with Verhaeghe and Coleman before them. I'm sure Stolarz's dream is to be a starting goalie somewhere, so he probably wants to be making starting goalie money as well, he's not able to get that kind of money though, and he's nowhere close to being able to get Vezina-caliber goalie either.

Considering that Florida's oldest player in their core is 28, they probably hope that they would be competing for the next 8-years, so they will need a goalie sooner rather than later since Bob is aging, even if he makes it to 40, they'll need a goalie half-way through their contention window. That being said if they can make a move today that helps them win the cup by moving Knight, I do think they do it, but that's not what you proposed here.
May 21 at 12:23 a.m.
lars eller is a stanley cup champion and a responsible 3rd line center that honestly outplayed the value of his contract while david kampf is 4th line waiver fodder. not sure kampf was ever an option for dubas last offseason, especially if he landed acciari and eller. as for the carolina trade, bunts brought an edge that was missing much of the year so that ended up being pretty good. kyle reuniting with bunts, a proven top 6 player is one thing. paying a 3rd for a cap dump player is a completely different thing.

Kampf is a solid defensive bottom 6C. He isn't worth a 3rd and Pittsburgh doesn't need him but he's hardly a cap dump.
May 21 at 12:26 a.m.
Kampf is a solid defensive bottom 6C. He isn't worth a 3rd and Pittsburgh doesn't need him but he's hardly a cap dump.

honestly the pens are better off allocating the money elsewhere. if the pens want a new 4C id just call washington and see what they want for nic dowd. or theres other ufa's that can provide more value at the same or a cheaper value than kampf imo
GMBL liked this.
May 21 at 12:31 a.m.
honestly the pens are better off allocating the money elsewhere. if the pens want a new 4C id just call washington and see what they want for nic dowd. or theres other ufa's that can provide more value at the same or a cheaper value than kampf imo

Yeah, I don't disagree. He's given you Jarnkrok now instead, better player but probably not what the PENS need either. Maybe if Jarnkrok could be had for a 4th and they manage to find Smith a new home it would be worth it. Otherwise, there are lots of guys in FA that could be tried.
May 21 at 12:57 a.m.
Yeah, I don't disagree. He's given you Jarnkrok now instead, better player but probably not what the PENS need either. Maybe if Jarnkrok could be had for a 4th and they manage to find Smith a new home it would be worth it. Otherwise, there are lots of guys in FA that could be tried.

i wouldnt really look at jarnkrok except as a break glass in case of emergency sort of situation. smith i agree should go, and to me, i would prioritize retaining as little as possible. the depth for the free agent market for teams in need of depth scoring is just too deep to justify trading for a b6 forward.
GMBL liked this.
May 21 at 1:08 a.m.
Just an idea I had.

The reason I did this trade as it helps Florida in 2 areas. Getting back a young const controlled RHD to replace Montour and clear cap space to resign Reinhart.

TL doesn’t really do much for me personally, probably a bottom pair guy as it sits now. Don’t get me wrong has the potential.
May 21 at 7:27 a.m.
mostly harmless
Robertson isn't of interest to the Jackets; he'd have nowhere to play here considering all the similar wingers we already have. So no thanks.
BoomerTheHero liked this.
May 21 at 12:51 p.m.
Edited May 21 at 12:57 p.m.
Seattle? What's your point? They'll probably trade for Marner but Wright and #8 are absolutely off the table

Disagree. Seattle can be patient but 3/4 of their lines are win now. Either commit to the rebuild and lose for 5 years or add a player like Marner and go for the win now.

They have an identity crisis, and if they don't make a move for Marner, or necas, or a player of that caliber, they will be medicore and be stuck without a good pick or playoff spot.

Marner is a year in year out cusp100 point guy. Seattle's top scorer had 62 points. Marner makes everyone better around him and is good defensively. Seattle either gives up 8+prospect+ roster player like all trades for superstars, or they give up next year's 1+ wright+ a lesser roster player. That's the market.

Edit - read your points about extensions, but you gotta realize that's not how it happens in the real world. Especially considering Marner wouldn't waive the no move unless he wanted to sign an extension. I would be willing to bet Trev talks on Francis' behalf about term and money after the fact
May 21 at 7:13 p.m.
Quoting: Wz92
Disagree. Seattle can be patient but 3/4 of their lines are win now. Either commit to the rebuild and lose for 5 years or add a player like Marner and go for the win now.

They have an identity crisis, and if they don't make a move for Marner, or necas, or a player of that caliber, they will be medicore and be stuck without a good pick or playoff spot.

Marner is a year in year out cusp100 point guy. Seattle's top scorer had 62 points. Marner makes everyone better around him and is good defensively. Seattle either gives up 8+prospect+ roster player like all trades for superstars, or they give up next year's 1+ wright+ a lesser roster player. That's the market.

Edit - read your points about extensions, but you gotta realize that's not how it happens in the real world. Especially considering Marner wouldn't waive the no move unless he wanted to sign an extension. I would be willing to bet Trev talks on Francis' behalf about term and money after the fact

Lol or they tell you to F off and go grab a player like Guentzel for free. There is a less than zero % chance they make either of those available for a guy with 1 year of term left. You can keep trying but Shane Wright is just as untouchable as Byfield was the last few years and #8 as untouchable as Clarke.

As for extension Toronto can't market that as a tradable asset. Any extension he gets will be made after the trade. Especially with star players there is a lot of work that goes into an extension including yearly pay, signing bonus, clauses, etc. without talking to Marner and his agent directly it's impossible to set that up. Yes if Marner waives to somewhere there is a very good chance he would be willing to extend there but not guaranteed. Without talking to them he may get there and no like what they are willing to offer him on an extension
May 21 at 10:16 p.m.
Lol or they tell you to F off and go grab a player like Guentzel for free. There is a less than zero % chance they make either of those available for a guy with 1 year of term left. You can keep trying but Shane Wright is just as untouchable as Byfield was the last few years and #8 as untouchable as Clarke.

As for extension Toronto can't market that as a tradable asset. Any extension he gets will be made after the trade. Especially with star players there is a lot of work that goes into an extension including yearly pay, signing bonus, clauses, etc. without talking to Marner and his agent directly it's impossible to set that up. Yes if Marner waives to somewhere there is a very good chance he would be willing to extend there but not guaranteed. Without talking to them he may get there and no like what they are willing to offer him on an extension

Gotta agree to disagree there. It's a number 4oa and a number 8 Oa like chances are neither has a single season of what Marner does regularly. Logistics aside, which you may be correct on, I just think you're entirely off on value. Byfield went #2 because he could be elite. Wright dropped to 4 because teams though he couldn't be
May 21 at 10:32 p.m.
Quoting: Wz92
Gotta agree to disagree there. It's a number 4oa and a number 8 Oa like chances are neither has a single season of what Marner does regularly. Logistics aside, which you may be correct on, I just think you're entirely off on value. Byfield went #2 because he could be elite. Wright dropped to 4 because teams though he couldn't be

Maybe, maybe not. But both are under team control for the next 8+ years. Marner is only under team control for 1 more year. You cannot sell him as anything more than that.
May 22 at 8:55 a.m.
Maybe, maybe not. But both are under team control for the next 8+ years. Marner is only under team control for 1 more year. You cannot sell him as anything more than that.

Ya I guess it all circles back to the extension. Neither here nor there at this point weve established what we've established

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll