2017-18 GM Game - General Discussion Thread

Nov. 1, 2017 at 7:56 a.m.
WentWughes
Calgary is looking for an Elite Winger and Starting Goalie
Nov. 1, 2017 at 1:32 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: krakowitz
Quoting: DirtyDangles
Just thought I would chime in here and say I told you so. DavidBooth is nothing more than a POS bully who plays the victim anytime he is called out. He apologizes and then does the same thing over and over again and you clowns fall for it every time.

Cheers donkeys!

Do you still pay attention to what happens here lmao

Nope. Someone just told me I was right about him so I thought I'd pop in to see what stupid crap he had done now.

And now I bid you adieu!
Nov. 1, 2017 at 2:37 p.m.
May contain nuts
Quoting: Icegirl
Who wants a lightly used Kyle Quincey or Gustav Olofsson? If you do, hit me up.

In addition to this, who wants Alex Galchenyuk and Sam Steel? I will give up both of them in a deal for a 1C.

Finally, who wants a one year rental of Josh Bailey? I'll even retain 50% on him.
Nov. 1, 2017 at 4:02 p.m.
As of right now, both Anaheim deals completed last night are going to be reversed. Please will all teams involved delete the trades.

Thanks,
BOE
Bo53Horvat
Duster liked this.
Nov. 1, 2017 at 4:10 p.m.
Quoting: Bo53Horvat
As of right now, both Anaheim deals completed last night are going to be reversed. Please will all teams involved delete the trades.

Thanks,
BOE
Bo53Horvat

What happened to being able to explaining the deals before being reversed? I've been working all day so I haven't had the chance to come on until now.
rangersandislesfan and nobody liked this.
Nov. 1, 2017 at 4:31 p.m.
NateElder12
Quoting: wmjoncar

What happened to being able to explaining the deals before being reversed? I've been working all day so I haven't had the chance to come on until now.

Not trying to sound too condescending here but how do you explain:

Rakell, Silf, Larsson, Gibson, a 6th, and a 7th
FOR
Jones, Schenn, Fast, and an ECHL player

.. I'm honestly curious to hear this explanation.
Duster liked this.
Nov. 1, 2017 at 4:34 p.m.
Jones < Gibson
Schenn < Rakell
Fast < Silfverberg
ECHL whatever <<<<<< Larsson
Picks are for free

It's a loss all around...
NateElder12 and Duster liked this.
Nov. 1, 2017 at 4:42 p.m.
May contain nuts
Mine isn't as bad.

Spurgeon > Vatanen
Hertl > Chucky
Aberg < Buchnevich
Soucy <<<< Steel
Bernier <<<< 4th round pick

A huge loss on the add-ons, but a clear win on the main pieces.
Nov. 1, 2017 at 4:54 p.m.
NateElder12
Edited Nov. 1, 2017 at 5:17 p.m.
Mine isn't as bad.

Spurgeon > Vatanen
Hertl > Chucky
Aberg < Buchnevich
Soucy <<<< Steel
Bernier <<<< 4th round pick

A huge loss on the add-ons, but a clear win on the main pieces.

depends on how you view it but not near as bad as the other one...

Spurgeon < Vats
Hertl > Chucky
Aberg < Buchnevich
Soucy < Steel
Bernier < 4th

.. it's still 4 losses for ANA out of the 5 views but way more understandable than that three way trash above lol
Nov. 1, 2017 at 5:12 p.m.
WentWughes
Calgary is looking to trade Brouwer for fairly cheap.. anybody interested?
Nov. 1, 2017 at 5:15 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Spurgeon < Vatanen
Hertl < Galchenyuk
Aberg < Buchnevich
Soucy < Steel
Bernier < 4th
if i'm correct about who all of these guys are. I believe Chucky and Bernier are Jonathan Bernier and Galchenyuk?
Not sure why, but my post didn't get posted correctly.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: KSIxSKULLS
Calgary is looking to trade Brouwer for fairly cheap.. anybody interested?

come to my page.
May contain nuts
Quoting: rangersandislesfan
Spurgeon < Vatanen
Hertl < Galchenyuk
Aberg 4th
if i'm correct about who all of these guys are. I believe Chucky and Bernier are Jonathan Bernier and Galchenyuk?

Steve Bernier
Nov. 1, 2017 at 5:17 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: rangersandislesfan
Spurgeon < Vatanen
Hertl < Galchenyuk
Aberg 4th

Steve Bernier

alright then the 4th is better.
Duster liked this.
Nov. 1, 2017 at 5:50 p.m.
Thank You IceGirl for trying to defend our trade. True class there. As for those that are throwing me under the rug, think. How many other trades similar to this one haven't been overturned? Quite a few. I'm not pleased that I wasted hours trying to get these 2 deals done. Takes the fun out of the game to be scared to make a trade now.
nobody liked this.
Nov. 1, 2017 at 6:41 p.m.
NBABound
Thank You IceGirl for trying to defend our trade. True class there. As for those that are throwing me under the rug, think. How many other trades similar to this one haven't been overturned? Quite a few. I'm not pleased that I wasted hours trying to get these 2 deals done. Takes the fun out of the game to be scared to make a trade now.

**nothing against you Kayla**

Uhhh.. not that hard to defend a trade that you won. And clearly, Kayla won. Should there have been trades overturned before? Absolutely. But that's the past, and if we want to continue to try to make this as "realistic as possible" (shoutout to RAIF), then we need to start reversing the bad ones. If you want to trade just to trade and make terrible deals at the same time, there are v1 openings.
LicMysak and Duster liked this.
Nov. 1, 2017 at 7:01 p.m.
V3 Canucks GM, BOG
Quoting: NateElder12

Spurgeon < Vats
Hertl > Chucky
Aberg < Buchnevich
Soucy < Steel
Bernier < 4th

.. it's still 4 losses for ANA out of the 5 views but way more understandable than that three way trash above lol

Spurgeon is definitely better than Vatanen. I don't think this trade needs to be reversed. It's nowhere near as bad as a number of other trades that have gone through.

The other 3-way trade is definitely unfair in my opinion. It probably should be reversed, but keep in mind that Schenn seems to have ridiculous value in this game (see Tavares trade(which was worse than this one))
PrincessChloe liked this.
Nov. 1, 2017 at 7:51 p.m.

That's exactly my issue too. Guys, at least let the guy make his case. Or instead of reverting everything, modify the deals. That way it doesn't seem as though everyone's time has been wasted. Let those GMs who you think "won" the deal, still win when you modify it, but just let it be to a lesser degree then, so they're still compensated. Take other gms times into account when making moves like these. Thank you.
unbjoncar liked this.
Nov. 3, 2017 at 5:11 p.m.
May contain nuts
PSA:

Apparently, Booth only decided to be a dick so that he could flip Brickley for something. If he offers you Brickley, DO NOT GIVE HIM ANYTHIBG OF VALUE FOR BRICKLEY.

End of PSA.
Nov. 3, 2017 at 5:11 p.m.
May contain nuts
(Accidental double post)
Nov. 3, 2017 at 5:38 p.m.
Quoting: TonyStrecher
Quoting: NateElder12

Spurgeon < Vats
Hertl > Chucky
Aberg < Buchnevich
Soucy < Steel
Bernier < 4th

Spurgeon is definitely better than Vatanen. I don't think this trade needs to be reversed. It's nowhere near as bad as a number of other trades that have gone through.

The other 3-way trade is definitely unfair in my opinion. It probably should be reversed, but keep in mind that Schenn seems to have ridiculous value in this game (see Tavares trade(which was worse than this one))

When Marco comes in and offers JT 13 mil for 7yr and I lose him next year, will the JT trade still look bad then?
Nov. 3, 2017 at 6:01 p.m.
Emotionally in 2018
Quoting: DavidBooth7

That's exactly my issue too. Guys, at least let the guy make his case. Or instead of reverting everything, modify the deals. That way it doesn't seem as though everyone's time has been wasted. Let those GMs who you think "won" the deal, still win when you modify it, but just let it be to a lesser degree then, so they're still compensated. Take other gms times into account when making moves like these. Thank you.

"Take other gms time into account when making moves like these"...hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
PrincessChloe liked this.
Nov. 3, 2017 at 6:02 p.m.
Emotionally in 2018
Quoting: Turner33
Quoting: TonyStrecher

When Marco comes in and offers JT 13 mil for 7yr and I lose him next year, will the JT trade still look bad then?

Not if the BoE actually lets us extend our pending UFAs
Nov. 3, 2017 at 6:14 p.m.
Quoting: krakowitz
Quoting: Turner33

Not if the BoE actually lets us extend our pending UFAs

We will, in due time. Don't worry. UFA extensions will happen at some point.
Nov. 3, 2017 at 7:07 p.m.
Can everyone seriously leave me f***** alone for Christ's sake??? Mind your own damn business and leave me alone. Jeesh

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll