SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/GM Game 2017-18

2017-18 GM Game - Messages to the BOE Thread

Feb. 17, 2018 at 10:07 p.m.
Emotionally in 2018
Quoting: DavidBooth7
I have an idea for the BOG to consider - why not have a spreadsheet that shows all the waiver placements & claims for reference and organization? That way, like krak just did right now with Forsberg, he can go back and say oh hey, I placed a claim on this guy, so he can't be traded before it passes thru me.

But like say someone trades a waiver pickup that they acquired from 5 months ago. There's no way I'd remember if I had placed a claim on that guy from so long ago. But I could take a look at the spreadsheet and see if I did or not, and can claim him if I want to (although I don't recommend doing that...no need to explain sarcasm)

The spreadsheet could show each players name on the rows, with all the teams as the columns. A "X" would be placed if the team placed a claim on the player, and a "Y" if they were successful with their claim. This spreadsheet would be accessible by all BOG/BOE members and only viewable to everyone else.

But hey, that's just one fools idea Sticking Out Tongue

If you really want a player, then you'd remember making a claim on him, and then you'd make that claim again. If you don't remember, it looks like you didn't really want him that badly in the first place.
phillyjabroni liked this.
Feb. 17, 2018 at 10:32 p.m.
Quoting: krakowitz
If you really want a player, then you'd remember making a claim on him, and then you'd make that claim again. If you don't remember, it looks like you didn't really want him that badly in the first place.

I just thought it would help organizationally. And as I said, if someone trades a player they (and I), had claimed from several months ago, how would I remember about that? I dont even remember what I had for breakfast yesterday, let alone a claim from a month ago Sticking Out Tongue. Plus, it'd only take a maximum of 20 minutes to make the spreadsheet and 2 minutes each time someone makes a claim, wouldn't take up too much time to create/keep up to date.
Feb. 17, 2018 at 10:33 p.m.
WentWughes
Quoting: rangersandislesfan
Maybe there could be a trade limit for a year instead of per month. Because if the trade limit was smaller that could make it less of a 'trade away your whole team' kind of game, though there shouldn't be a 2/3 trades per month limit in my opinion, so if there was a limit of a certain number of trades in a full year, or maybe in a few months. That fixes both problems: there won't be too many trades, but if a team wants to be very busy at the deadline they could.

Until someone reaches their trade limit in 2 months and then quits because they have nothing to do for the remaining 9 months, the way we do it know is for the best if we want to put a limit on trades
Feb. 17, 2018 at 10:45 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: KSIxSKULLS
Until someone reaches their trade limit in 2 months and then quits because they have nothing to do for the remaining 9 months, the way we do it know is for the best if we want to put a limit on trades

Yeah, you're right, the main thing i noticed with your comment here is that if a GM quits after making all their trades right away, then the new GM couldn't trade ... i'm not sure what the rule is. Is the current trade limit per team or per GM? Because even if it's per team, it could be changed, because most GMs wouldn't just make their trades all right away. It happens at the start of each month a lot, but it probably wouldn't per season. And then there could be a number for each team AND for each GM, so that the new GM, if the GM quits because they're out of trades early (which is unlikely but possible), would still be able to make trades without the team getting too destroyed.
Feb. 18, 2018 at 1:07 a.m.
CFGM Game Moderator
I just thought it would help organizationally. And as I said, if someone trades a player they (and I), had claimed from several months ago, how would I remember about that? I dont even remember what I had for breakfast yesterday, let alone a claim from a month ago Sticking Out Tongue. Plus, it'd only take a maximum of 20 minutes to make the spreadsheet and 2 minutes each time someone makes a claim, wouldn't take up too much time to create/keep up to date.

Why don't you make a spreadsheet and keep track of your own waiver claims. That way you can check it yourself beforehand each time you consider making a claim.
Because really, who cares what other teams make a claim on a certain player. The main thing is to know if "you" can place a claim on a certain player.
And considering we're only allowed 1 claim per month, it wouldn't be that hard to write down 9 names and keep track of them.
Feb. 18, 2018 at 1:12 a.m.
Quoting: flamesfan419
Why don't you make a spreadsheet and keep track of your own waiver claims. That way you can check it yourself beforehand each time you consider making a claim.
Because really, who cares what other teams make a claim on a certain player. The main thing is to know if "you" can place a claim on a certain player.
And considering we're only allowed 1 claim per month, it wouldn't be that hard to write down 9 names and keep track of them.

Fair enough. And it's not for me, it was just a general idea that I thought could be added. It's def no biggie
Feb. 18, 2018 at 1:24 a.m.
CFGM Game Moderator
Fair enough. And it's not for me, it was just a general idea that I thought could be added. It's def no biggie

Ya I get it. Just saying "you" in a general term which applies to everyone who needs or wants to track this.
But shocking as it may be, I agree with the idea of tracking you you make claims on, just as we should track who we put ON waivers and who claims them so it helps track them and take them back.
nobody liked this.
Feb. 19, 2018 at 6:40 p.m.
WentWughes
Where is the January Trade ratings? I thought the BOG was created to speed up the process? We are now past the middle of February with no January Trade Rankings
Feb. 19, 2018 at 8:24 p.m.
Edited Feb. 19, 2018 at 8:30 p.m.
Where is the January Trade ratings? I thought the BOG was created to speed up the process? We are now past the middle of February with no January Trade Rankings

I would check under the tab labeled "January".
Feb. 19, 2018 at 8:26 p.m.
WentWughes
Edited Feb. 19, 2018 at 8:52 p.m.
I would check under the tab labeled "January".[/quote]

Its says "December Trade Ratings" so i didnt even bother checking, Might want to update date that title lol, My apologies
Feb. 19, 2018 at 8:30 p.m.
WentWughes
Its says "December Trade Ratings" so i didnt even bother checking, Might want to update date that title lol, My apologies

Am i gonna have to edit that Marchessault trade?
Feb. 19, 2018 at 8:33 p.m.
WentWughes
Am i gonna have to edit that Marchessault trade?

Did you just lock me out of the thread ? Sticking Out Tongue

I think the one you shared isnt suppose to be public? Its nowhere to be found in the forum but ill hold it for person use
Edit - has been deleted so yea lmao
Feb. 19, 2018 at 8:48 p.m.
WentWughes
Hmm Deleted all of the comments, I guess im just talking to myself.

KSI : Hey KSI how ya doing?

KSI : Not bad just on Capfriendly

KSI: Nice

KSI: What did you do today?

KSI: The same as you man

KSI: Cool story bro

KSI: Ye
PrincessChloe liked this.
Feb. 19, 2018 at 8:52 p.m.
CFGM Game Moderator
There's a sheet that ranks the monthly trades? Who knew
KSIxSKULLS and tylerpaluzzi35 liked this.
Feb. 19, 2018 at 8:53 p.m.
WentWughes
There's a sheet that ranks the monthly trades? Who knew

Yea although they dont post them very often even though the ratings are up to date, I imagine they are contacting people who got ripped on trades trying to even them out before they are posted
Feb. 19, 2018 at 8:54 p.m.
CFGM Game Moderator
Yea although they dont post them very often even though the ratings are up to date, I imagine they are contacting people who got ripped on trades trying to even them out before they are posted

hahaha, you mean like a certain "Strome" trade LOL
Feb. 19, 2018 at 8:55 p.m.
WentWughes
hahaha, you mean like a certain "Strome" trade LOL

The trade I made with Strome was a 3-3 somehow lol. Although im pretty certain im going to have to edit the Marchessault trade
Feb. 19, 2018 at 8:59 p.m.
May contain nuts
The trade I made with Strome was a 3-3 somehow lol. Although im pretty certain im going to have to edit the Marchessault trade

Hey, it was fair at the time. I don't think any of us expected Scherbak to be called up and do well.
KSIxSKULLS and flamesfan419 liked this.
Feb. 19, 2018 at 9:00 p.m.
WentWughes
Quoting: Icegirl
Hey, it was fair at the time. I don't think any of us expected Scherbak to be called up and do well.

He got sent back down today lol, But he will be back up after the TD. But he did have and Assist per game in the AHL so he has talent
Feb. 19, 2018 at 9:00 p.m.
CFGM Game Moderator

I'm still pissed about that Marchessault deal, considering what I was offering that was never enough but then you come along with 2 marginal "Leafs" and suddenly it's a blockbuster.
Being forced to overpay makes me mad, but when you're fully offering an enormous overpayment and still told "NO", it kinda sticks with you.

So, how did my trades rate out anyway LOL
Feb. 19, 2018 at 9:01 p.m.
CFGM Game Moderator
Quoting: Icegirl

I know, I was just razzin the guy...and Sherbak has been sent back down now too
Feb. 19, 2018 at 9:01 p.m.
WentWughes
I'm still pissed about that Marchessault deal, considering what I was offering that was never enough but then you come along with 2 marginal "Leafs" and suddenly it's a blockbuster.
Being forced to overpay makes me mad, but when you're fully offering an enormous overpayment and still told "NO", it kinda sticks with you.

So, how did my trades rate out anyway LOL

Id tell you, but i dont want to get in trouble with the BOG and BOE, ill let them decide when they want to make the info public, ill keep the info to myself and use it to my benefit smile
PrincessChloe liked this.
Feb. 19, 2018 at 9:03 p.m.
CFGM Game Moderator
Id tell you, but i dont want to get in trouble with the BOG and BOE, ill let them decide when they want to make the info public, ill keep the info to myself and use it to my benefit smile

Oh wow, they must be some HUGE ratings then. YAY for me smile hahahahaha
DON'T TELL ME
KSIxSKULLS liked this.
Feb. 19, 2018 at 9:11 p.m.

We trust that you can use common discretion regarding this blunder. Anything other than that discretion does not fit our community's standards.
Feb. 19, 2018 at 9:12 p.m.
WentWughes
Quoting: phillyjabroni
We trust that you can use common discretion regarding this blunder. Anything other than that discretion does not fit our community's standards.

Care to elaborate?

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll