SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

Actually sick of how people see Evander Kane right now

Nov. 2, 2017 at 1:44 p.m.
Evander Kane is a good power forward that can score goals (30-40 last season and this season).
He isn't a problem off the ice right now nor has been for quite some time. At some points in the locker room he's even a leader so I don't want to here that old narrative surrounding him because it's just not true. If anything Dustin Byfuglien is the bad seed in the locker room.
He is a quality player that as a sabres fan would hope to resign, but that's just not looking like it's going to happen. So then he turns into a high value rental that would add scoring to a team looking to make a push or run in the playoffs.
He is at full fair value aka not diminished by any sort of factor.
Main point, he's not a bad locker room member and shouldn't be looked in that manor.
Blazingbat11 liked this.
Nov. 2, 2017 at 8:15 p.m.
Emotionally in 2018
I don't watch enough Buffalo games to make a judgement on it, but I know that he's a top line winger for sure. I don't think anybody is denying that. I think the bigger questions are about his effort. My buddy is a Sabres fan, and he's said that often times Kane doesn't give maximum effort, especially in years prior
Nov. 2, 2017 at 9:29 p.m.
"Main point, he's not a bad locker room member and shouldn't be looked in that manor." lot of cap friendly gms are in the locker room and just know he's a bad guyConfused kane is in a great position to cash in as ufa this summer if he plays well.
wojme liked this.
Nov. 3, 2017 at 8:51 a.m.
I wouldn't call a guy who hit 30 goals once (6 years ago) a 30 goal scorer and certainly wouldn't call him a 40 goal scorer. For his career he's averages 24 goals if he plays a full 82 games. Now he's off to a solid start this year and on pace for something like 44 goals, but can he maintain that. Its like Kucherov, he's on pace for something like 76 goals, but does anyone actually think he keeps that pace? To put it into perspective, the last time someone scored at least 76 goals in a season was 25 years ago.
Pasta88Sauce liked this.
Nov. 3, 2017 at 9:26 a.m.
Quoting: ON3M4N
I wouldn't call a guy who hit 30 goals once (6 years ago) a 30 goal scorer and certainly wouldn't call him a 40 goal scorer. For his career he's averages 24 goals if he plays a full 82 games. Now he's off to a solid start this year and on pace for something like 44 goals, but can he maintain that. Its like Kucherov, he's on pace for something like 76 goals, but does anyone actually think he keeps that pace? To put it into perspective, the last time someone scored at least 76 goals in a season was 25 years ago.

I mean he would've had 30 goals last season but missed games and landed at 29. With Buffalo he seems to be much better than when he was with Winnipeg.
Nov. 3, 2017 at 9:31 a.m.
Quoting: krakowitz
I don't watch enough Buffalo games to make a judgement on it, but I know that he's a top line winger for sure. I don't think anybody is denying that. I think the bigger questions are about his effort. My buddy is a Sabres fan, and he's said that often times Kane doesn't give maximum effort, especially in years prior

I think he gave max effort last year and was one of our best players. He's been doing it thus far this season. Could he be the next stafford and only play well in contract seasons? I guess, but he definitely has more passion for the game than stafford did on the sabres.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll