SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Armchair-GM

Habs list of players available, make an offer, ANY OFFER!!!

Created by: MONSTER1974
Team: 2017-18 Montreal Canadiens
Initial Creation Date: Jan. 18, 2018
Published: Jan. 18, 2018
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Trades
MTL
    what can these guys get? Individually? a package?

What does your team need? What would it offer?
    MTL
      Possible available, but a little more expensive...
      DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
      Logo of the MTL
      Logo of the MTL
      Logo of the CHI
      Logo of the WSH
      Logo of the MTL
      Logo of the MTL
      Logo of the EDM
      Logo of the LAK
      Logo of the MTL
      Logo of the MTL
      Logo of the MTL
      Logo of the MTL
      Logo of the MTL
      Logo of the MTL
      Logo of the MTL
      Logo of the MTL
      Logo of the MTL
      Logo of the MTL
      Logo of the MTL
      Logo of the MTL
      Logo of the MTL
      ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
      15$75,000,000$32,348,809$0$182,500$42,651,191
      Left WingCentreRight Wing
      $5,500,000$5,500,000
      LW, RW
      UFA - 6
      $3,750,000$3,750,000
      RW, LW
      UFA - 4
      $1,166,667$1,166,667
      LW, RW
      UFA - 2
      $839,166$839,166
      LW, RW
      UFA - 2
      $912,500$912,500
      C
      UFA - 1
      $775,000$775,000
      LW, RW
      UFA - 1
      $650,000$650,000
      C
      UFA - 2
      $725,000$725,000
      LW
      UFA - 1
      $650,000$650,000
      C, RW
      UFA - 1
      $650,000$650,000
      C, LW, RW
      UFA - 2
      Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
      $7,857,143$7,857,143
      RD
      UFA - 9
      $6,500,000$6,500,000
      G
      NMC
      UFA - 1
      $700,000$700,000
      G
      UFA - 1
      $925,000$925,000
      LD
      UFA - 1
      $748,333$748,333 (Performance Bonus$182,500$182K)
      LD/RD
      UFA - 3
      ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
      $1,000,000$1,000,000
      RW
      UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
      • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
      Jan. 18, 2018 at 10:54 a.m.
      Sasquatch
      Pacioretty is definitely your biggest trade bait. In return I would at least want one top quality prospect. I would consider a call from St-Louis if they're offering Kyrou , Thomas or Kostin.
      Next up , if Nashville call , I want Tolvanen to be in the deal and finally if the Rangers call L.Andersson as to be in the deal.
      Jan. 18, 2018 at 10:55 a.m.
      After watching that game last night the only guy on those lists I'd want is AG. 2 offers, now or future
      Now: Zaitsev and Either JVR or Bozak and a conditional pick (if Habs resign him, they don't get a pick)
      Future: Bracco, Rosen, Rychel, 2nd and 3rd.

But I don't see either trade happening cause it's Habs and Leafs.
      Jan. 18, 2018 at 10:55 a.m.
      After watching that game last night the only guy on those lists I'd want is AG. 2 offers, now or future
      Now: Zaitsev and Either JVR or Bozak and a conditional pick (if Habs resign him, they don't get a pick)
      Future: Bracco, Rosen, Rychel, 2nd and 3rd.

But I don't see either trade happening cause it's Habs and Leafs.
      Price_is_the_goat liked this.
      Jan. 18, 2018 at 11:03 a.m.
      MTL will get exactly what they are asking for Patches. The guy is a proven NHL scorer and leader. Adding him to your roster for a playoff run this year and next is a contending move. STL does have some great prospects to throw MTL's way. A team to the Leafs would be hilarious!!
      Plekanec will be gone
      Good luck trying to trade all those D with the money and term. Schemko and Benn have good value and could be dealt.
      Jan. 18, 2018 at 11:03 a.m.
      Pacioretty for Tanner Pearson and a 3rd round pick. A. Shaw for Spooner and Vatrano. That's all I see. AG is lazy.
      Jan. 18, 2018 at 11:04 a.m.
      Pens: Plekanec (Montrel retains $3000000)
      HABS: HAGELIN
      2ND round pick 2018
      Jan. 18, 2018 at 11:08 a.m.
      Montreal: Gardiner
      Carrick
      Shoshnikov

Toronto: Weber (Montreal retains $3000000)
      Jan. 18, 2018 at 11:18 a.m.
      Quoting: SkinnyNovy
      Pacioretty is definitely your biggest trade bait. In return I would at least want one top quality prospect. I would consider a call from St-Louis if they're offering Kyrou , Thomas or Kostin.
      Next up , if Nashville call , I want Tolvanen to be in the deal and finally if the Rangers call L.Andersson as to be in the deal.

So... would Pacioretty (2.25M$ retained) for Kyrou & Thomas be a realistic deal with STL?

So... would Pacioretty (2.25M$ retained) for Andersson & Chytil be a realistic deal with NYR?

Tolvanen: he's a good player, but a winger. Habs need C's. And, unless the Habs win the draft lottery, they are likely drafting another winger in the upcoming draft.
      SkinnyNovy liked this.
      Jan. 18, 2018 at 11:22 a.m.
      Quoting: Doug7004
      Montreal: Gardiner
      Carrick
      Shoshnikov

Toronto: Weber (Montreal retains $3000000)

If I'm retaining salary on Weber for that long, I want quality over quantity. I'd do Weber & asset(s) for Nylander.
      Jan. 18, 2018 at 11:35 a.m.
      Quoting: MONSTER1974
      If I'm retaining salary on Weber for that long, I want quality over quantity. I'd do Weber & asset(s) for Nylander.

Never going to happen. Montreal is also going to have cap issues hanging onto Weber, Price contract and going into free agency for a center. I realize $3m is a lot but it still frees up some. In addition, all 3 guys included could play on roster today! You and I both realize that a deal like this would never work between division rivals but Montreal may have to do something like this to move Weber and help their cap.
      Jan. 18, 2018 at 11:37 a.m.
      LuckyDuck311
      I don't think you can trade Price without trading Weber and you can't be sure to be able either so can't really trade one.

OEL i a throwing anything and the kitchen sink for this guy.
      Draisaitl (If they will take shaw or Ulzner, I will take back Lucic) Not that I like Lucic but I would pay his price to get Draisaitl.
      Gabriel Valardi (I think you can get him from kings for something reasonable, L.A. has a couple other great centers)

I am trading Trouba for Mete if I go all in on OEL. He is a longterm replacement for Weber is a little under rated now because he is hidden on the depth chart.
      He doesn't get talked a lot about in trades but I bet Edmonton would take Petry.
      L.A. might take Plekanic (and 2nd pick) or Galchuck for their top pick or Valardi.

The only thing I think know for sure is you need to trade for a #1 or at least a super solid #2 centre or #1 D to play with Weber before the deadline (A top 5 pick would do to). Because if you don't have either a Top D or Top centre in place you won't be able to get the other piece as an URFA because they won't want to play on a flawed team.
      Jan. 18, 2018 at 12:08 p.m.
      Honestly, asking on anyone's prospects is virtually pointless. Everyone values their prospects a little too much so the better option is to go for their draft picks. If the goal is to get as much value as possible for Pacioretty, just ask for draft picks. Lets draft our own star center rather than trying to pick one off another team.
      Jan. 18, 2018 at 12:50 p.m.
      Only player I'd be interested in from an Avs PoV isn't on there but I'd probably risk overpaying to get him. Drouin to reunite with MacKinnon. Maybe i'd consider Galchenyuk as he's still young and it'd be worth trying him with Yakupov (Sarnia Sting pairing), though I'd rather send Yakupov to MTL as part of the deal to get Drouin and let the Habs have a shot at it. Jost & Yakupov for Drouin would give MTL a potentially good young line to start building on but it'd be a gamble or the Habs. At any rate they'd have a future #1C in Jost. Win-win scenario, and potentially a double win for the Habs if they have the patience with AG & NY.
      Jan. 18, 2018 at 1:52 p.m.
      Quoting: TJTwolf
      Only player I'd be interested in from an Avs PoV isn't on there but I'd probably risk overpaying to get him. Drouin to reunite with MacKinnon. Maybe i'd consider Galchenyuk as he's still young and it'd be worth trying him with Yakupov (Sarnia Sting pairing), though I'd rather send Yakupov to MTL as part of the deal to get Drouin and let the Habs have a shot at it. Jost & Yakupov for Drouin would give MTL a potentially good young line to start building on but it'd be a gamble or the Habs. At any rate they'd have a future #1C in Jost. Win-win scenario, and potentially a double win for the Habs if they have the patience with AG & NY.

Drouin & Galchenyuk for Landeskog & Jost and a 1st rd pick?
      Jan. 18, 2018 at 9:27 p.m.
      Quoting: MONSTER1974
      Drouin & Galchenyuk for Landeskog & Jost and a 1st rd pick?

I wouldn't move Landeskog if I were Sakic. Best two way forward on the team and captain and no way 'd give a 1st as well as Landeskog & Jost for Drouin & Galchenyuk. I'd go to Jost, Yakupov & a first at a push for Drouin alone or maybe even Jost & Girard (or Barrie but I figure Girard would be a better fit for MTL being a francophone and could maybe play alongside Weber) but that'd be my limit. My thinking is I'd want to hold onto Landeskog to build my top six and the Avs are weakest on the wing. Girard I'd sacrifice with Makar & Timmins coming through (Possibly even consider moving one of those instead of Girard to keep balance with an attacking D on either side and move Barrie later). Another counter offer....Jost, Girard & a first for Drouin & Galchenyuk (I'd maybe even let you have Andrighetto back as well, as most Habs fans think we robbed them in that trade and I'd agree much as I loved how Martinsen played the game). Maybe answers a couple of issues for MTL and sorts the Avs top 6. Obviously I'm looking at it from a Colorado PoV of course (but with some thought as to what might help MTL as well).
      Jan. 19, 2018 at 2:11 p.m.
      Billy739
      we have 4 NHL caliber Right Handed Players
      after your done 20/22 skaters will be Left Handed Shots

this is by far the least thought out rebuild core i've seen this year bar none

To create a post please Login or Register
      Question:
      Options:
      Add Option
      Submit Poll