M-NTC
UFA - 3
$4,000,000$4,000,000
LW, C
UFA - 2
$3,750,000$3,750,000
RW, LW
UFA - 2
$894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
LW
UFA - 1
$8,625,000$8,625,000
RW
NMC
UFA - 4
$1,750,000$1,750,000
C, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$637,500$637,500
RW, C
UFA - 1
$900,000$900,000
RW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$4,000,000$4,000,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$4,000,000$4,000,000
RD
NMC
UFA - 1
$2,300,000$2,300,000
G
UFA - 2
$2,602,778$2,602,778
LD
UFA - 5
$825,000$825,000
RD
UFA - 1
$2,000,000$2,000,000
G
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$1,000,000$1,000,000 (Performance Bonus$700,000$700K)
LD
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000
RD
UFA - 1
$900,000$900,000
RD
UFA - 2
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$3,150,000$3,150,000
RW, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 3

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jan. 26, 2018 at 2:40 p.m.
I can definitely see Anaheim picking up Hoffman but I don't know if Max Jones is enough to get it done. I've heard a lot of concerns about his hockey sense and skating being high level enough to be more than an energy guy at the NHL level. If you swap him out for Larsson or Steel, that probably gets it done.
Jan. 26, 2018 at 2:54 p.m.
I think that gets the deal done and I think it’s interesting. I just don’t think I’d do it. Hoffman is decent but as ekpaul87 said their are questions on Hoffman’s ability to be anything more than an energy guy. I certainly wouldn’t pay more than what you’re offering but I think that it’s still an overpayment and I don’t think it fixes our team. Personally if I’m gonna offer a package like this... I’m gonna add in Derek grant and send it to Buffalo for Kane or get into talks with Montreal for a guy like Galchenyuk. Hoffman doesn’t really improve our team.

On a side note if he were to come here... your lines are screwy. Rakell isn’t moving away from Getzlaf and certainly not into a checking line roll. At least in my opinion.
Jan. 26, 2018 at 3:03 p.m.
Man these lines are atrocious. Why is Silfverberg on the 4th line? Like the trade from an ANA perspective, OTT says no.
Jan. 26, 2018 at 3:16 p.m.
Rational Fan(atic)
Good idea, but this is not enough for Hoffman. STL reportedly offered Kyrou and a 1st for him and OTT refused. Given that Kyrou is a better prospect I don't see how this offer gets it done.
Jan. 26, 2018 at 8:34 p.m.
Quoting: ekpaul87
I can definitely see Anaheim picking up Hoffman but I don't know if Max Jones is enough to get it done. I've heard a lot of concerns about his hockey sense and skating being high level enough to be more than an energy guy at the NHL level. If you swap him out for Larsson or Steel, that probably gets it done.

No on Larsson for me and a hell no for Steel. Wouldn't move Steel for Hoffman alone as he's the closest thing we have to replacing Getzlaf later down the line.

Quoting: Matt2406
I think that gets the deal done and I think it’s interesting. I just don’t think I’d do it. Hoffman is decent but as ekpaul87 said their are questions on Hoffman’s ability to be anything more than an energy guy. I certainly wouldn’t pay more than what you’re offering but I think that it’s still an overpayment and I don’t think it fixes our team. Personally if I’m gonna offer a package like this... I’m gonna add in Derek grant and send it to Buffalo for Kane or get into talks with Montreal for a guy like Galchenyuk. Hoffman doesn’t really improve our team.

On a side note if he were to come here... your lines are screwy. Rakell isn’t moving away from Getzlaf and certainly not into a checking line roll. At least in my opinion.

"Hoffman’s ability to be anything more than an energy guy"? I think ekpaul87 was talking about Jones, not Hoffman. Hoffman is certainly more than an energy guy and would be an excellent addition to the Ducks team and would certainly make us better. I wouldn't add to this for Kane. Kane has had 1 good season. Other than that he's been a 40 pt guy his entire career. I'm not adding to a package for a perennial 30g 30a guy for a 20g 20a guy. That, my friend, doesn't make any sense. I don't mind going after Galc though. Not sure I'd add much more though.

Quoting: HockeyNM1510
Man these lines are atrocious. Why is Silfverberg on the 4th line? Like the trade from an ANA perspective, OTT says no.

These are literally the lines we're running right now, but with Ritchie on the 4th and Hoffman on the 3rd and replacing Wagner. The line combinations for the last game (https://www.dailyfaceoff.com/teams/anaheim-ducks/line-combinations/).

Quoting: Campa96
Good idea, but this is not enough for Hoffman. STL reportedly offered Kyrou and a 1st for him and OTT refused. Given that Kyrou is a better prospect I don't see how this offer gets it done.

How is Kyrou a better prospect than Jones? Because of points at the junior level? If it only came down to points, why was Kyrou drafted 11 places below Jones when Jones had only 1 more point than Kyrou in their draft year?
Jan. 26, 2018 at 10:06 p.m.
Quoting: mytduxfan
No on Larsson for me and a hell no for Steel. Wouldn't move Steel for Hoffman alone as he's the closest thing we have to replacing Getzlaf later down the line.

"Hoffman’s ability to be anything more than an energy guy"? I think ekpaul87 was talking about Jones, not Hoffman. Hoffman is certainly more than an energy guy and would be an excellent addition to the Ducks team and would certainly make us better. I wouldn't add to this for Kane. Kane has had 1 good season. Other than that he's been a 40 pt guy his entire career. I'm not adding to a package for a perennial 30g 30a guy for a 20g 20a guy. That, my friend, doesn't make any sense. I don't mind going after Galc though. Not sure I'd add much more though.

These are literally the lines we're running right now, but with Ritchie on the 4th and Hoffman on the 3rd and replacing Wagner. The line combinations for the last game (https://www.dailyfaceoff.com/teams/anaheim-ducks/line-combinations/).

Your right. I misread the lines.
Jan. 26, 2018 at 10:19 p.m.
Jah1722
The ducks need a Dman to play with fowler. I don’t know what Ceci’s value is but he should be added to the deal.
Jan. 27, 2018 at 5:34 a.m.
Quoting: HockeyNM1510

No worries. Easy mistake and the change was only made in the past 2 games.

Quoting: Jah1722
The ducks need a Dman to play with fowler. I don’t know what Ceci’s value is but he should be added to the deal.

From what I've seen and read on Ceci, the kid is hot garbage. I have no interest in bringing in a younger version of Bieksa to the team. I'd rather pursue players such as Mark Pysk, Jason Demers and Niklas Hjalmarsson.
Jan. 27, 2018 at 6:54 a.m.
Rational Fan(atic)
How is Kyrou a better prospect than Jones? Because of points at the junior level? If it only came down to points, why was Kyrou drafted 11 places below Jones when Jones had only 1 more point than Kyrou in their draft year?

Draft position doesn't really matter once you're drafted. Otherwise Ritchie would still be more valuable than Steel. What really matters is how much a prospect has progressed after he was drafted and Kyrou has developped more than Jones. Just look at their point total in the OHL or in international tournaments. Kyrou definitely has a higher ceiling.
Jan. 27, 2018 at 2:30 p.m.
Quoting: Campa96
Draft position doesn't really matter once you're drafted. Otherwise Ritchie would still be more valuable than Steel. What really matters is how much a prospect has progressed after he was drafted and Kyrou has developped more than Jones. Just look at their point total in the OHL or in international tournaments. Kyrou definitely has a higher ceiling.

Agreed, draft position doesn't mean much now, but it did in 2016 and Kyrou was drafted 11 places below Jones when he only had 1 pt less. If all scouts and GMs care about is pts at the junior level then surely Kyrou would have gone only a few places after Jones, not 11 places? I think we can both agree that a prospects potential isn't just determined based on point totals at the NHL level. I mean, if all you needed to be a success at the NHL level is a bunch of points at the junior level than Emerson Etem would have been a superstar. Sadly, it doesn't work like that. I've seen Kyrou and Jones. Kyrou is a pretty average skater IMO and his board play is also very weak. I could see that holding him back at the NHL level. He's also benefited a lot from having good players around him i.e. Pavel Zacha, Travis Konecny, Jakob Chychrun. Don't get me wrong, Kyrou is a good prospect and has some impressive numbers. However, if you examine them more closely you'll see they're heavily inflated with PP pts. Nearly a 3rd of his points this season and last season came on the PP (mostly 2nd assists). Jones plays more of a 2-way game and is being used differently from Kyrou. As a results, he simply isn't getting the PP time that Kyrou is getting, nor has the PP of the London Knights or the Kingston Frontenacs been as dominant as that of the Sarnia Stings (2nd best in the league) this year? IMO Kyrou isn't going to get the same amount of space he gets at the junior level at the NHL level and with weak boards skills and average skating, he could very easily struggle unless he's able to adapt. Moreover, that sweet, juicy PP time that is inflating his junior numbers, he won't start with that at the NHL level either. Anyway, PP pts are still pts, so I won't take it away from the kid. All I'm trying to demonstrate is that you can't just look at point totals and make assumptions about players. We've seen players better and more skilled than Kyrou struggle at the NHL level.

Personally, I still think Jones' game will be easier to translate to the NHL level and that why I think he's a better prospect than Kyrou right now. Jones may not be as flashy as Kyrou, but he has an incredible physical presence and his compete level along the boards is unmatched by many at the junior level. He goes to those hard areas and those are the areas that NHL coaches like to see players. Also, because he plays more of a 2-way game, Jones is also more versatile and will probably see play on the PK unit. Again, NHL coaches like that. It is also worth noting that Jones has been injured and missed many games. That has obviously affected his pt totals. Moreover, he made it perfectly clear at camp last year that he wanted a spot on the NHL roster and that he didn't feel he had anything more to prove at the junior level, so he could just not give a crap about this season. It wouldn't surprise me. For all his talents, Jones is one arrogant player and I wouldn't put it passed him to not put too much effort into something he doesn't really care about.
Jan. 27, 2018 at 4:00 p.m.
Jah1722
No worries. Easy mistake and the change was only made in the past 2 games.

From what I've seen and read on Ceci, the kid is hot garbage. I have no interest in bringing in a younger version of Bieksa to the team. I'd rather pursue players such as Mark Pysk, Jason Demers and Niklas Hjalmarsson.

Ceci has by far the most defensive zone starts of any OTT Dman. I know OTT hasn’t been good this season but he’s gotta still be better than Bieksa plus he’s right handed and an RFA. Fits what the ducks need. I’m not saying I disagree that he might be bad but I don’t watch enough OTT games to know exactly.
Jan. 27, 2018 at 5:44 p.m.
Quoting: Jah1722
Ceci has by far the most defensive zone starts of any OTT Dman. I know OTT hasn’t been good this season but he’s gotta still be better than Bieksa plus he’s right handed and an RFA. Fits what the ducks need. I’m not saying I disagree that he might be bad but I don’t watch enough OTT games to know exactly.

"he’s gotta still be better than Bieksa" he probably is, but is he better enough to be worth the cost? I don't think so. He's had the most defensive starts for sure, it's just a shame he's so bad at defending... lol

Tbf, it's slim pickings when it comes to top 4 RD that aren't mainstays for a team. If they're good, most teams want to keep them and so you're probably not going to pry them away from a team unless you massively overpay. For example, see Manson for us.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll