SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

2018 Playoffs discussion thread

May 23, 2018 at 10:03 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: Barathrum_Obama
any opinion on Girardi on this goal?

Any opinion on game 4's overtime against Boston?
May 23, 2018 at 10:04 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Wow. 3-0 Washington.
May 23, 2018 at 10:07 p.m.
I blame Coburn.

Goal wasn't Girardi's fault.
May 23, 2018 at 10:24 p.m.
Takeaways from this seasons...

We can't score when it matters. It's either we can't ******* shoot or nothing bounces our way.
Girardi has actually been serviceable.
Coburn however, is a ****ing useless bag of ****ing **** that needs to be ****ing tossed into ****ing Arizona or whoever the **** will take him. Reverse time and get Yzerman to not trade Konecny and Gudas for the ****.
Sergachev needs to play more.
Try reuniting the triplets line.
Cooper needs to stop playing Coburn.
Vasilevskiy needs to play less games.
Kucherov and Stamkos need to show up and finish **** in the big games.
Callahan is worth keeping around even at that contract.
Point has been our most consistent forward the entire year.
Get rid of Coburn.
Please don't resign Sustr.
Actually play Dotchin. He's our most physical player, something we've lacked during the playoffs.
Willian_Cardoso liked this.
May 23, 2018 at 10:48 p.m.
Well played Washington. Just a better team. That 1-4 setup so stifling against a run and gun team like Tampa never adjusted. Better for so much of the series. Hope you go on and beat Vegas. Go get your cup Ovi!
rangersandislesfan liked this.
May 23, 2018 at 11:15 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: BoltsPoint21
I blame Coburn.

Goal wasn't Girardi's fault.

Ok
May 23, 2018 at 11:20 p.m.
Black Lives Matter

We can't score when it matters. It's either we can't ******* shoot or nothing bounces our way.
Coburn however, is a ****ing useless bag of ****ing **** that needs to be ****ing tossed into ****ing Arizona or whoever the **** will take him. Reverse time and get Yzerman to not trade Konecny and Gudas for the ****.
Get rid of Coburn.
Actually play Dotchin. He's our most physical player, something we've lacked during the playoffs.

Ok
May 23, 2018 at 11:21 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: Jimmybooboo
Well played Washington. Just a better team. That 1-4 setup so stifling against a run and gun team like Tampa never adjusted. Better for so much of the series. Hope you go on and beat Vegas. Go get your cup Ovi!

Yeah, at this point i'm hoping they win it ... they've finally not only made it past the 2nd round but they've made it to the final ... i don't want to see them suddenly lose in the final.
May 23, 2018 at 11:22 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
I think Holtby is now the 11th goalie all time to get a shutout on the road in a game 7.
May 24, 2018 at 1:03 a.m.
Black Lives Matter
How do i predict the final? How?
May 24, 2018 at 1:28 a.m.
Black Lives Matter
Am i the only one to notice how little overtime there has been this playoff?
May 24, 2018 at 9:45 a.m.
Let's go Pens!
Quoting: Barathrum_Obama
any opinion on Girardi on this goal?

It's a pathetic play by him. A giveaway by a player who can't play with intensity. He's lazy not just in that play, but when he's battling for the puck with Ovechkin behind his own net in 2nd period. That's one of the x-factors of the game to me, cause his miscue happens when Tampa was dominating Washington (one rare moment that Bolts dominate Caps in 5 on 5 all series long) and pretty close to even the game. Playoffs games are quite mental ones and Caps 2nd goal blows up Bolts mentally and changed the momentum of the game.
May 24, 2018 at 9:50 a.m.
Let's go Pens!
Quoting: rangersandislesfan
Am i the only one to notice how little overtime there has been this playoff?

No. I was thinking about that either. In fact, there're few even games in this playoffs compared to other seasons. Unfortunately.
rangersandislesfan liked this.
May 24, 2018 at 9:51 a.m.
Let's go Pens!
Quoting: Willian_Cardoso
It's a pathetic play by him. A giveaway by a player who can't play with intensity. He's lazy not just in that play, but when he's battling for the puck with Ovechkin behind his own net in 2nd period. That's one of the x-factors of the game to me, cause his miscue happens when Tampa was dominating Washington (one rare moment that Bolts dominate Caps in 5 on 5 all series long) and pretty close to even the game. Playoffs games are quite mental ones and Caps 2nd goal blows up Bolts mentally and changed the momentum of the game.

Tampa should get rid of him and Coburn (he was crushed by Tom Wilson btw).
May 24, 2018 at 10:08 a.m.
Let's go Pens!

Get rid of Coburn.

My only disagree is about Girardi. If I were Bolts fan, I wouldn't like to keep him in my team. It bothers me his lack of intensity many times of the game. Not just in Capitals 2nd goal (blowing up Tampa's momentum), but other times like when he was battling for the puck with Ovechkin behind his own net in the 2nd period. He's lazy in key moments. That's unforgiveble.

But you're right about all the other statements. I've been speaking about Stamkos and Kucherov lack of production in 5 on 5 during all the series. Elite players and leaders like them cannot disappear in key games like playoffs. It's forgiveble to have one or maybe 2 bad games. But they're really bad in that situation all the series against Washington. When your top boys don't show up in a playoffs series, you don't have any chance to beat your rival.

As for Washington, it's a well deserved victory. They're dominating all the series, playing with huge energy and intensity, imposing his physical game against Tampa. Bolts only line who deserves some praise is surprisingly 4th. The guys shutdown Caps top line almost all the time when Cooper put them to play against Capitals top line. Point (the most consistent Tampa's player offensively), Hedman, Sergachev and Vasilevskiy were the other Bolts players who honored the team against Washington.

PS: man, Coburn was really crushed by Tom Wilson in that fight. I don't like Wilson, but that moment was the best of the game and one of the best of the entire series.
May 24, 2018 at 10:20 a.m.
Let's go Pens!

My only prediction is that'll be a heck of a series. Both are the teams that plays with more energy and intensity and both goalies comes to the Final on fire. To me Fleury and Holtby will be the greatest key players for their teams. Both teams deserves to be there, but I hope to see Vegas concluding his epical path to the glory, cause Fleury deserves to win his 4th. Nobody is playing better than him is this playoffs. That's the main reason why Vegas will play the Finals and just lost 3 games the entire postseason. That's remarkable. I'm really looking forward to see that matchup.
May 24, 2018 at 10:20 a.m.
Let's go Pens!

My only prediction is that'll be a heck of a series. Both are the teams that plays with more energy and intensity and both goalies comes to the Final on fire. To me Fleury and Holtby will be the greatest key players for their teams. Both teams deserves to be there, but I hope to see Vegas concluding his epical path to the glory, cause Fleury deserves to win his 4th. Nobody is playing better than him is this playoffs. That's the main reason why Vegas will play the Finals and just lost 3 games the entire postseason. That's remarkable. I'm really looking forward to see that matchup.
May 24, 2018 at 10:56 a.m.
Black Lives Matter
No. I was thinking about that either. In fact, there're few even games in this playoffs compared to other seasons. Unfortunately.

There have been some close games (not as much in the 3rd round) but just not much overtime.
May 24, 2018 at 10:56 a.m.
Black Lives Matter
My only disagree is about Girardi. If I were Bolts fan, I wouldn't like to keep him in my team. It bothers me his lack of intensity many times of the game. Not just in Capitals 2nd goal (blowing up Tampa's momentum), but other times like when he was battling for the puck with Ovechkin behind his own net in the 2nd period. He's lazy in key moments. That's unforgiveble.

But you're right about all the other statements. I've been speaking about Stamkos and Kucherov lack of production in 5 on 5 during all the series. Elite players and leaders like them cannot disappear in key games like playoffs. It's forgiveble to have one or maybe 2 bad games. But they're really bad in that situation all the series against Washington. When your top boys don't show up in a playoffs series, you don't have any chance to beat your rival.

As for Washington, it's a well deserved victory. They're dominating all the series, playing with huge energy and intensity, imposing his physical game against Tampa. Bolts only line who deserves some praise is surprisingly 4th. The guys shutdown Caps top line almost all the time when Cooper put them to play against Capitals top line. Point (the most consistent Tampa's player offensively), Hedman, Sergachev and Vasilevskiy were the other Bolts players who honored the team against Washington.

PS: man, Coburn was really crushed by Tom Wilson in that fight. I don't like Wilson, but that moment was the best of the game and one of the best of the entire series.

You just said that ...
May 24, 2018 at 10:57 a.m.
Black Lives Matter

Are you saying Vegas is gonna sweep Washington??????
May 24, 2018 at 8:54 p.m.
Let's go Pens!
Are you saying Vegas is gonna sweep Washington??????

No. You get me wrong. I said Vegas lose just 3 games till the Finals. They lose 2 games to Nashville and 1 to Winnipeg. I think Vegas will beat Washington in 6.
May 24, 2018 at 9:45 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
No. You get me wrong. I said Vegas lose just 3 games till the Finals. They lose 2 games to Nashville and 1 to Winnipeg. I think Vegas will beat Washington in 6.

You said in the entire playoffs. I misunderstood, didn't know you meant until now.
May 25, 2018 at 7:21 a.m.
Let's go Pens!
You said in the entire playoffs. I misunderstood, didn't know you meant until now.

Yes, man.

Sorry if I made some gramatical mistake. My english isn't perfect yet. I think you already figured it out. lol

Be my guest to correct me anytime you want to.
May 25, 2018 at 7:23 a.m.
Let's go Pens!
Hey, Rangers fan. Have you seen some videos at Nashers61 vlogs? Did u like it?
May 25, 2018 at 10:21 a.m.
Black Lives Matter
Yes, man.

Sorry if I made some gramatical mistake. My english isn't perfect yet. I think you already figured it out. lol

Be my guest to correct me anytime you want to.

It wasn't a grammar thing. I just thought you meant Vegas was gonna sweep Washington and that would make them only lose 3 games the entire playoff. Actually, something interesting i noticed is if Vegas wins in 5 over Washington, they'd finish with the same record LA had in 2012. 16-4. I don't think we'll see that again though. I actually have the Caps winning in 6. I think Ovi's finally gonna get his cup. The Knights are now more expected to win, which could stop them. Idk why, but for some reason more people had LA beating them, same with Winnipeg and, this next one includes me, San Jose. I thought the Sharks were very underrated, and it turns out i was right i guess ... but the Knights were even more underrated. Now that people are finally expecting them to win, that could actually stop them. They could be kind of like last year with Nashville. Rinne last year was amazing, same with Fleury this year, but i think Washington might do what Pittsburgh did, where they finally solve the really good goalie.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll