SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

Marchand's Tongue Licking

Punishment?
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

Jun. 13, 2018 at 10:43 a.m.
Quoting: Hamburglar44
When you think about how poor some people's hygiene is and the diseases people have. If Marchand worked in an office setting and he licked another employee, whether male or female he would be facing sexual harassment charges. Probably be fired, face criminal charges and get sued civilly by the victim. Imagine if someone came up and licked your face out of nowhere. What would you do? Imagine if someone licked a loved ones face. What would you do?

If he did that during the regular season, you best believe he woulda got retaliated against. I can't stand the Bruins but I can respect the skill the guy has and there's no reason he needs to do that stuff. It becomes a distraction to his team. Someone brought up a good point on how do you penalize that. A normal person wouldn't consider behaving that way to begin with so until some strange situation arises, there wouldn't be any forms of punishment documented.

Absolutely agree but when in a office setting do grown men punch each other in the head without the slightest reprimand? Hockey is not an office job. They have very different standards. I mean someone can literally die from a legal hockey check......

I get it, it is gross and I would of took the penalty and sticked him in the nuts or something but my point in all this was to say I think its a little over dramatic considering all the other stuff that happens in this sport. Yes its gross. But I'd rather be licked by Marched (That sounds bad) than be sticked in the nuts or get a concussion from a punch to the head during a scuffle......
Kotkaniemi15 liked this.
Jun. 13, 2018 at 10:54 a.m.
Black Lives Matter
Marchand is a total bughead.
Jun. 13, 2018 at 10:55 a.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: F50marco
Absolutely agree but when in a office setting do grown men punch each other in the head without the slightest reprimand? Hockey is not an office job. They have very different standards. I mean someone can literally die from a legal hockey check......

I get it, it is gross and I would of took the penalty and sticked him in the nuts or something but my point in all this was to say I think its a little over dramatic considering all the other stuff that happens in this sport. Yes its gross. But I'd rather be licked by Marched (That sounds bad) than be sticked in the nuts or get a concussion from a punch to the head during a scuffle......

Yeah, he does worse things than licking people in the face.
F50marco liked this.
Jun. 13, 2018 at 2:54 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: F50marco

He is employeed by a company, the NHL and just because they are a sports team does not allow said employee to behave in a gross way towards other employees and he should be treated as an employee and not put on a pedestal because he's an athlete.
Jun. 13, 2018 at 3:57 p.m.
He is employeed by a company, the NHL and just because they are a sports team does not allow said employee to behave in a gross way towards other employees and he should be treated as an employee and not put on a pedestal because he's an athlete.

He's an employee of the Bruins, so licking another teams player isn't him behaving in a gross way towards "another" employee. To be licking it right up there with biting another player and there have been time in the NHL when there was no punishment handed down by the NHL for biting.
Jun. 14, 2018 at 4:13 a.m.
Banned
Quoting: ON3M4N
He's an employee of the Bruins, so licking another teams player isn't him behaving in a gross way towards "another" employee. To be licking it right up there with biting another player and there have been time in the NHL when there was no pun3ishment handed down by the NHL for biting.

"ALL" NHL players are under the NHLPA. They get their pension and benefits from the union and get their salaries from the team they're on. Obviously you know not how unions work. Go educate yourself before trying to make an attempt to one up somebody. Man, so many people on this site just post for the sake of posting and most of the time, the posts are just uneducated, simple minded responses in hopes to evoke an argument or belittle somebody. I have been a union member and a union representative for many many years now. Unions are all fundamentally built on the same structure but have various degrees of operating procedures and outlining guidelines so do some research before replying with some asinine remark like you just did.
Jun. 14, 2018 at 7:33 a.m.
"ALL" NHL players are under the NHLPA. They get their pension and benefits from the union and get their salaries from the team they're on. Obviously you know not how unions work. Go educate yourself before trying to make an attempt to one up somebody. Man, so many people on this site just post for the sake of posting and most of the time, the posts are just uneducated, simple minded responses in hopes to evoke an argument or belittle somebody. I have been a union member and a union representative for many many years now. Unions are all fundamentally built on the same structure but have various degrees of operating procedures and outlining guidelines so do some research before replying with some asinine remark like you just did.

Weird, I wasn't trying to "one up you at all" I was simply pointing out that they worked for two different employers. At the end of the day, you're employer is whose paying your wages. Anyway, you seem pretty fired up about this topic and quite honestly you came off like an arrogant know it all, so I'm thinking its best I walk away from this one. See ya cheers
DoctorBreakfast liked this.
Jun. 14, 2018 at 10:41 a.m.

Uuugghhh you trying to make this a "Im ok with Marchand licking people" argument and its getting tiresome.

Re-read the original comment I made and stop trying to sound like company HR rep...

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit