Forums/Armchair-GM

PLEASE STOP THE LETANG TRADES - U cpl Idiot Pens fans

Created by: Sidstick87
Team: 2018-19 Pittsburgh Penguins
Initial Creation Date: May 9, 2018
Published: May 9, 2018
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
HE WILL PLAY OUT CONTRACT AND WILL NOT BE TRADED- so please stop making other fans hate us even more because u morons want to trade a#1Right handed D-man that had a down year because he had major neck surgery, didnt skate for 7months after the surgery and didnt start skating until 5days before camp and still came back didnt miss a game and played 25-28 min per night... THE DUDE IS A WARRIOR.
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
17$80,500,000$67,342,392$0$132,500$13,157,608
Left WingCentreRight Wing
$1,875,000$1,875,000
LW
UFA - 1
$9,500,000$9,500,000
C
NMC
UFA - 4
$6,800,000$6,800,000
RW
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 4
$3,000,000$3,000,000
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$8,700,000$8,700,000
C
NMC
UFA - 7
$5,300,000$5,300,000
RW
NTC
UFA - 5
$734,167$734,167 (Performance Bonus$132,500$132K)
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$3,000,000$3,000,000
C, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$4,100,000$4,100,000
LD
UFA - 5
$7,250,000$7,250,000
RD
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 4
$3,750,000$3,750,000
G
UFA - 2
$3,333,225$3,333,225
LD
UFA - 4
$5,500,000$5,500,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$675,000$675,000
G
UFA - 1
$2,250,000$2,250,000
LD
UFA - 2
$650,000$650,000
RD
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
May 9, 2018 at 6:37 p.m.
As a Caps fan it always blows my mind when I see someone want to trade Letang, he's still one of the great dmen in the league. He certainly had his struggles in the playoffs (think he was on for the last 3 Cap GWGs) but not everyone is great all the time. Would be a mistake to trade him (so I hope you do).
Sidstick87 and Willian_Cardoso liked this.
May 9, 2018 at 6:40 p.m.
Molson beer is meh
Good. We want you to keep him.
The cost it would take to acquire him is not worth the risk with his injuries

Sincerely,

every fan base other than PIT -xoxo-

PS. I also find that he's a great defensemen, just too risky considering it would cost a fortune to get him.
Sidstick87 liked this.
May 9, 2018 at 6:40 p.m.
Hockey God Genius
Quoting: ClockReads2113
As a Caps fan it always blows my mind when I see someone want to trade Letang, he's still one of the great dmen in the league. He certainly had his struggles in the playoffs (think he was on for the last 3 Cap GWGs) but not everyone is great all the time. Would be a mistake to trade him (so I hope you do).

THANKS bro... and goodluck rest of way... I will never understand the hate for Tanger either, I think its just the spoiled Pens fans that dont get what he went thru and only see his mistakes during his 30 min on ice every nite.
May 9, 2018 at 6:41 p.m.
Quoting: Blazingbat11

Sincerely,

Funny how he’d be the Habs best D man
May 9, 2018 at 6:41 p.m.
Quoting: Sidstick87
THANKS bro... and goodluck rest of way... I will never understand the hate for Tanger either, I think its just the spoiled Pens fans that dont get what he went thru and only see his mistakes during his 30 min on ice every nite.

Agreeed 100% 10 stars
Sidstick87 liked this.
May 9, 2018 at 6:42 p.m.
Hockey God Genius

Sincerely,

typical moron MTL fan... hows ur team doing..lol
mhockey91 liked this.
May 9, 2018 at 6:43 p.m.
Hockey God Genius
Quoting: mhockey91
Agreeed 100% 10 stars

thanks bro... that dumb MTL fan just hates his life bc , u kno hes a MTL fan ...lol
mhockey91 liked this.
May 9, 2018 at 6:59 p.m.
Agreed, Letang is a solid defenseman when healthy and is a great help to the Pens blueline when so. He had an injury which set him back... FOR THAT SEASON! 100% he'll have a bounce back year.
mhockey91 and Sidstick87 liked this.
May 9, 2018 at 6:59 p.m.
thanks bro... that dumb MTL fan just hates his life bc , u kno hes a MTL fan ...lol

Had it not been for injuries letang would have a Norris by now
May 9, 2018 at 7:04 p.m.
Molson beer is meh

well that's not very nice...

typical moron MTL fan... hows ur team doing..lol

same as you're team, actually. playing Golf. cheers

But in all seriousness (if you children can play nice). Letang's injuries have made him almost untradeable. Not that some Pens fans want to move him . and sure some teams would be willing to give him a shot. But not one team is going to pay the premium you Pens fans would be expecting. Hence why I wrote, you should keep him...

Quoting: mhockey91
Funny how he’d be the Habs best D man

I think I've had this conversation with you already a while back. Comparing Letang and Weber doesn't work as they are completely different players. Letang is elite+ level offense, but terrible in his own zone (WSH series is the perfect example). Weber is a downgrade in terms offense when comparing him to Letang, but he still produces elite level offensive numbers, and he's still arguably one of the best defenders in the league. Edge imo goes to Weber, but I'm biased Hab fan and you're a biased Pens fan, so you go Letang.
May 9, 2018 at 7:10 p.m.
well that's not very nice...

same as you're team, actually. playing Golf. cheers

But in all seriousness (if you children can play nice). Letang's injuries have made him almost untradeable. Not that some Pens fans want to move him . and sure some teams would be willing to give him a shot. But not one team is going to pay the premium you Pens fans would be expecting. Hence why I wrote, you should keep him...

I think I've had this conversation with you already a while back. Comparing Letang and Weber doesn't work as they are completely different players. Letang is elite+ level offense, but terrible in his own zone (WSH series is the perfect example). Weber is a downgrade in terms offense when comparing him to Letang, but he still produces elite level offensive numbers, and he's still arguably one of the best defenders in the league. Edge imo goes to Weber, but I'm biased Hab fan and you're a biased Pens fan, so you go Letang.

Letang certainly isn’t terrible In his own zone. His best season 2015/16 including the playoffs. He was an absolute BEAST defensively. Same as last season before he got injured. This season he slipped but I’m very confident he can get back to 2016 level with a full healthy offseason. He trains harder than any penguin (maybe Crosby?). He will GRIND this summer
May 9, 2018 at 8:29 p.m.
B
No kiddin! You don't know what you've got till it's gone. He went through hell, the team also. He's one of those pieces you want to trade but is more valuable keep till he returns to form. Needs better d depth support. Many were surprised they won last year with that d core, myself included. You cannot dominate for three seasons in the fastest NHL ever, faster every year, with robotic bee-swarming defensive systems continuously attacking you. They were burned out. Good luck next year, ugh Bad Luck, fellow metro wink Maybe next year he's movable.
Sidstick87 liked this.
May 9, 2018 at 9:03 p.m.
Let's go Pens!
I'll add another stupid trade that I've seen since we're elimimated. Kessel one. Man, what the hell this "fans" are thinking when they ask to trade a guy who always gives 100% and is one of the best players in our roster.

Phil was the best player of Pens first of back to back cups in postseason. He's the second best in scoring points in this regular season, just below Geno and above Sid. It's arguably his best regular season in his entire career.

So, pls all Pens "fans" who's asking for this stupid move, stop embarassing us, the true Pens fans, with your terrible ideas. Keep all them in your minds.

We're back to back champs. It'd be very stupid blow up Pens roster just because we won't win the 3peat. We're still a winning team and we must be proud of our guys for all the great accomplishment they got in last 3 seasons. They really deserve our support. The true fans do that even in losing situations, cause it's quite easy to support just when the team is winning. #GOPENS #ProudOfMyGuys #PensTillIDie
Sidstick87 liked this.
May 9, 2018 at 10:29 p.m.
Hockey God Genius
Quoting: Willian_Cardoso
I'll add another stupid trade that I've seen since we're elimimated. Kessel one. Man, what the hell this "fans" are thinking when they ask to trade a guy who always gives 100% and is one of the best players in our roster.

Phil was the best player of Pens first of back to back cups in postseason. He's the second best in scoring points in this regular season, just below Geno and above Sid. It's arguably his best regular season in his entire career.

So, pls all Pens "fans" who's asking for this stupid move, stop embarassing us, the true Pens fans, with your terrible ideas. Keep all them in your minds.

We're back to back champs. It'd be very stupid blow up Pens roster just because we won't win the 3peat. We're still a winning team and we must be proud of our guys for all the great accomplishment they got in last 3 seasons. They really deserve our support. The true fans do that even in losing situations, cause it's quite easy to support just when the team is winning. #GOPENS #ProudOfMyGuys #PensTillIDie

Amen bro, I just dont get how ppl forget that Phil carried this team early in season... Should have he sat at end of yr instead of going for iron man streak, yes ok.... because something was off with his game in playoffs. But i think these guys were just beat up and lost their legs at the end. But the ppl trading Letang and Phil are just nuts or dont get hockey? Im actually tired of defending Tanger to all these spoiled Pens fans.... But im with u, I love this team and will be 100% behind what ever small moves they make and we will be back next yr.
Willian_Cardoso liked this.
May 9, 2018 at 10:47 p.m.
B
While I'm at it...thanks to cold beer smile It's up to "Cyborg Sid". I hate rivals, therefore you flightless birds also, but I love Cyborg! He's a freak of nature, simply the best, a perfectionist work out machine. "Boot camp" you don't do it right, you get the boot!!! (From Axle Rose, talking about acdc tryout. Which he's the new singer, again) anywho... Cyborg Sid and Mario Le Magnifique will converse all summer about which players come/go, oh ya Rutherford too I guess. Point is, I would trade half of NYR for him.
May 9, 2018 at 11:35 p.m.

Thanks. It was a good series. PIT isn't going anywhere. Both Caps and Pens will probably be top of the league again and probably face each other again in the playoffs.
May 9, 2018 at 11:45 p.m.
Lafreniere

Saying that you are unwilling to trade a player, who should be available, for the right price is wrong. I’m not advocating to trade Letang, but if the circumstances are right, I’d pull the trigger.

Letang is overrated by Pens fans (on here at least) and underrated by other fans. He was a liability all season + playoffs.

You can throw the bullshit “bounce back year next year” narrative if you want, but that’s not reality.

Letang was the Capitals best player. You know me on here pretty well in that I watch every game and that I’ve watched the Pens for a long time. Letang used to be a player who made one or two mistakes a game. Now, he makes one mistake every other shift.

Letang also had the most on ice high danger chances AGAINST 5v5.

He was a complete liability.

Now, the problem is replacing Letang in a trade.

Now . . . think of it this way: Letang is now a #2 offensive d. You need another Dumoulin type to counter Letang’s liablities. I was thinking ... Alec Martinez.

ps: the only D I’d have penciled in for next year’s lineup is Dumoulin and Oleksiak. Everyone else is fair game.
May 10, 2018 at 12:15 a.m.
Let's go Pens!
Quoting: ShafferPens
Saying that you are unwilling to trade a player, who should be available, for the right price is wrong. I’m not advocating to trade Letang, but if the circumstances are right, I’d pull the trigger.

Letang is overrated by Pens fans (on here at least) and underrated by other fans. He was a liability all season + playoffs.

You can throw the bullshit “bounce back year next year” narrative if you want, but that’s not reality.

Letang was the Capitals best player. You know me on here pretty well in that I watch every game and that I’ve watched the Pens for a long time. Letang used to be a player who made one or two mistakes a game. Now, he makes one mistake every other shift.

Now . . . think of it this way: Letang is now a #2 offensive d. You need another Dumoulin type to counter Letang’s liablities. I was thinking ... Alec Martinez.

ps: the only D I’d have penciled in for next year’s lineup is Dumoulin and Oleksiak. Everyone else is fair game.

Well, Shaffer...it's your opinion. I'm pretty comfortable with mine. I'm sure that JR and Sullivan are with me and they aren't even close to think about that terrible idea. Maybe someday we can trade Tanger. But not till we're on "winning now" mode, cause no team will reach his true value. He'll always be more relevant to our team than to any other. That's why trade him wouldn't be good for anyone. So, let's move on and think about realistic moves to make our team better to try to win again next season.
May 10, 2018 at 7:50 a.m.
Lafreniere
Well, Shaffer...it's your opinion. I'm pretty comfortable with mine. I'm sure that JR and Sullivan are with me and they aren't even close to think about that terrible idea. Maybe someday we can trade Tanger. But not till we're on "winning now" mode, cause no team will reach his true value. He'll always be more relevant to our team than to any other. That's why trade him wouldn't be good for anyone. So, let's move on and think about realistic moves to make our team better to try to win again next season.

You’d be surprised.
May 10, 2018 at 11:55 a.m.
Let's go Pens!
You’d be surprised.

Rutherford just confirmed what I said. He will make some moves, but he won't make any change in our core. You fans who wants a dramatic roster changes will have to calm down and support our current core players. Even Tanger.

I predict a trade involving one, two or maybe 3 of this guys: Sheary, Hagelin, Rust, Sheahan, Simon, Reese, Maatta, Hunwick and Schultz. In my opinion, all these players will be involving in trading talkings. I'd like to keep Maatta, cause I see improvement in his game, specially offensively. Unless we can use him in a no-brainer trade. As for Sprong, JR said he'll be a constant presence in our main roster next season. 100% agreed with him. It's time to give him a chance to show his qualities for an entire season in NHL. I'm looking forward to it.
Sidstick87 liked this.
May 10, 2018 at 7:51 p.m.
Hockey God Genius

Shaffer , I usual always am in agreement with u .... but I disagree with u here.... Letang is way underrated in PGH.
May 10, 2018 at 8:01 p.m.
Hockey God Genius
Rutherford just confirmed what I said. He will make some moves, but he won't make any change in our core. You fans who wants a dramatic roster changes will have to calm down and support our current core players. Even Tanger.

I predict a trade involving one, two or maybe 3 of this guys: Sheary, Hagelin, Rust, Sheahan, Simon, Reese, Maatta, Hunwick and Schultz. In my opinion, all these players will be involving in trading talkings. I'd like to keep Maatta, cause I see improvement in his game, specially offensively. Unless we can use him in a no-brainer trade. As for Sprong, JR said he'll be a constant presence in our main roster next season. 100% agreed with him. It's time to give him a chance to show his qualities for an entire season in NHL. I'm looking forward to it.

No chance to be traded - Sid, Geno, Tanger, Horny,Murray, Dumo, Schultzy, Jake
Tiny chance to be traded - Phil
likely wont be traded - Maatta, ZAR, Brassy, Sheahan, Big Rig,
Mite be traded only for right player - Sprong, Rust, Hags, Jarry
Gone Fooo shooo- Mr Fallsdown (Sheary) and Hunydick
May 10, 2018 at 11:19 p.m.
Lafreniere
Shaffer , I usual always am in agreement with u .... but I disagree with u here.... Letang is way underrated in PGH.

I’ll agree to disagree. I’m not advocating a trade with him involved, but for a trade that will help cover for Letang’s weaknesses.
Sidstick87 liked this.
May 11, 2018 at 1:29 p.m.
Let's go Pens!
No chance to be traded - Sid, Geno, Tanger, Horny,Murray, Dumo, Schultzy, Jake
Tiny chance to be traded - Phil
likely wont be traded - Maatta, ZAR, Brassy, Sheahan, Big Rig,
Mite be traded only for right player - Sprong, Rust, Hags, Jarry
Gone Fooo shooo- Mr Fallsdown (Sheary) and Hunydick

Idk if Schultz is untouchble. Maybe a tiny chance to be traded either. I think Phil has less chance to be traded than him. I'd put Sprong in "likely wont be traded" list, cause it make no sense to me trade him before we test the kid in NHL for at least one entire season. I'd do that and I think JR wont either.

As for the other, agreed.

PS: I loved Sheary's and Hunwicks nicknames. Just a perfect fit for both. lol

But it'll be pretty hard to get rid with Hunwick, specially. Rutheford will must to add another player to that trade and the return will be just ok at best.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll