SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL Signings

Chicago Blackhawks signed Brandon Manning (2 Years / $2,250,000 AAV)

Was this a good signing?
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

Jul. 1, 2018 at 12:40 p.m.
Brandon Manning has signed a new contract with the Chicago Blackhawks.
Standard Contract
Comparable ContractsCOMPARE THIS CONTRACT
SIGNED BY: Stan Bowman
Length: 2 years
Value: $4,500,000
Expiry Status: UFA
Cap % Tooltip: 2.83
Signing Team: Logo of the Chicago BlackhawksChicago Blackhawks
Signing Date: Jul. 1, 2018
Source: CapFriendly

Brandon Manning signed a 2 year, $4,500,000 contract with the Chicago Blackhawks on Jul. 1, 2018. The contract has a cap hit of $2,250,000.

SEASONClauseCap HitTooltipAAV TooltipP. BonusesTooltipS. BonusesTooltipBase SalaryTooltipTotal SalaryTooltipMinors SalTooltip
2018-19$2,250,000$2,250,000$0$500,000$2,000,000$2,500,000$2,500,000
2019-20$2,250,000$2,250,000$0$0$2,000,000$2,000,000$2,000,000
TOTAL$4,500,000$4,500,000$0$500,000$4,000,000$4,500,000$4,500,000
Jul. 1, 2018 at 12:54 p.m.
Emotionally in 2018
Flyers fans, isn’t this guy trash?
Jul. 1, 2018 at 1:05 p.m.
Stan Bowman should get fired....this is absurd. Hickey, Moore, Cole....but Manning for over $2M? You've got to be kidding me. Bring back Dale Tallon who built the 3 cup team.
HawksFan28 liked this.
Jul. 1, 2018 at 3:26 p.m.
Kyle from Chicago
Quoting: ChiHawk
Stan Bowman should get fired....this is absurd. Hickey, Moore, Cole....but Manning for over $2M? You've got to be kidding me. Bring back Dale Tallon who built the 3 cup team.

Your stuck with me, if you think this is bad just wait.
Jul. 1, 2018 at 5:02 p.m.
HawksFan28
Quoting: Stan_Bowman
Your stuck with me, if you think this is bad just wait.

Yea I know, you topped it off by signing Cam Ward for 3m, then signed Chris Kunitz (who will be 39 before the season starts) to play 2nd line left wing. Those signings make this signing look brilliant...

Oh and then you signed Adam Boqvist to a 3-year ELC for no damn reason at all considering he's you know - 3 years away from the NHL, hence burning his ELC entirely, by the time he's NHL ready he'll be ready for a bridge deal.... Never mind the fact you picked Boqvist over Dobson or Wahlstrom......

You should be fired Stan..
ChiHawk liked this.
Jul. 1, 2018 at 5:07 p.m.
HawksFan28
Quoting: ChiHawk

And Stan wasn't even done screwing around, he basically gifted Cam Ward $3,000,000 when in reality Cam Ward would be begging for an NHL job in late August had the Hawks not gifted him 3m..

Oh yea, then he signs Chris Kunitz who is a year older than I am BTW (He will be 39 before the start of the season) to play 2nd line left wing....

Of course the Hawks still have no one besides Toews who can win draws, and I'm sure Bowman has no intention on addressing that issue, the Hawks still lack a top 4 and the #5 defenseman Bowman just signed is a tire-fire like this team right now..
ChiHawk liked this.
Jul. 1, 2018 at 5:25 p.m.
Kyle from Chicago
Quoting: HawksFan28
And Stan wasn't even done screwing around, he basically gifted Cam Ward $3,000,000 when in reality Cam Ward would be begging for an NHL job in late August had the Hawks not gifted him 3m..

Oh yea, then he signs Chris Kunitz who is a year older than I am BTW (He will be 39 before the start of the season) to play 2nd line left wing....

Of course the Hawks still have no one besides Toews who can win draws, and I'm sure Bowman has no intention on addressing that issue, the Hawks still lack a top 4 and the #5 defenseman Bowman just signed is a tire-fire like this team right now..

I’m not supposed to say this, but the plan is Jack Hughes.
Jul. 1, 2018 at 5:56 p.m.
HawksFan28

I’m not supposed to say this, but the plan is Jack Hughes.

Seriously, these are literally the worst signings, this is a waste of cap space..... I wouldn't mind any of these guys a 1m per to play depth roles but Cam Ward at 3M is ridiculous, it's totally unhinged especially when Hutton just signed for 1.3... Had Bowman gave Hutton 3M I could live with that.....

Cam Ward is worth 1.5 TOPS, but I would expect him to be more like a camp invitee type .... Bowman should have signed him for 1M because that is all he is worth - he sucks and I have ZERO faith Crawford will be back in net come October, I expect Cam Ward to be starting all season and at this point I DO EXPECT THE HAWS TO TANK while Toews, Ketih & Kane age another year and while Boqvist burns another year on his ELC...

Bowman has proven over the last several months he shouldn't be an NHL GM....

Now unless Bowman has an ace up his sleeve and he's trying to work a deal for Karlsson & Ryan then this team is totally SCREWED...

Yea nice top 6

Saad-Toews-Debrincat
Kunitz-Schmaltz-Kane
Hayden-Anisimov-Hinostroza
Edjsell-Kampf-Sikura

Keith -Oesterle
Manning-Seabrook
Gustafsson-Murphy

Ward
Crawford

That is crap, It addresses NONE of the Hawks needs at all - none, they're still extremely inexperienced and on one on the Goddamn team can win a draw it save their lives, they have no experienced 2-way bottom 6 guys that know what they're doing ..... It's a tire-fire waiting to happen...

The Hawks are no longer contenders because of asset mismanagement ...

I expect Bowman to be fired by December because he clearly has no idea what he's doing ... For the sake of this team I hope I'm wrong (I rarely am tho) and I hope these young players are ready to play like NHL vets, because it appears to me that Bowman has no idea what he Hawks weaknesses were last season, that or had no intention to improve them...

This team is going to fail, fans will stop supporting this team hence there will be no money to sign good players, or keep good players and the Hawks will be where they were at 15 years ago...
Jul. 1, 2018 at 6:06 p.m.
Kyle from Chicago
Seriously, these are literally the worst signings, this is a waste of cap space..... I wouldn't mind any of these guys a 1m per to play depth roles but Cam Ward at 3M is ridiculous, it's totally unhinged especially when Hutton just signed for 1.3... Had Bowman gave Hutton 3M I could live with that.....

Cam Ward is worth 1.5 TOPS, but I would expect him to be more like a camp invitee type .... Bowman should have signed him for 1M because that is all he is worth - he sucks and I have ZERO faith Crawford will be back in net come October, I expect Cam Ward to be starting all season and at this point I DO EXPECT THE HAWS TO TANK while Toews, Ketih & Kane age another year and while Boqvist burns another year on his ELC...

Bowman has proven over the last several months he shouldn't be an NHL GM....

Now unless Bowman has an ace up his sleeve and he's trying to work a deal for Karlsson & Ryan then this team is totally SCREWED...

Yea nice top 6

Saad-Toews-Debrincat
Kunitz-Schmaltz-Kane
Hayden-Anisimov-Hinostroza
Edjsell-Kampf-Sikura

Keith -Oesterle
Manning-Seabrook
Gustafsson-Murphy

Ward
Crawford

That is crap, It addresses NONE of the Hawks needs at all - none, they're still extremely inexperienced and on one on the Goddamn team can win a draw it save their lives, they have no experienced 2-way bottom 6 guys that know what they're doing ..... It's a tire-fire waiting to happen...

The Hawks are no longer contenders because of asset mismanagement ...

I expect Bowman to be fired by December because he clearly has no idea what he's doing ... For the sake of this team I hope I'm wrong (I rarely am tho) and I hope these young players are ready to play like NHL vets, because it appears to me that Bowman has no idea what he Hawks weaknesses were last season, that or had no intention to improve them...

This team is going to fail, fans will stop supporting this team hence there will be no money to sign good players, or keep good players and the Hawks will be where they were at 15 years ago...

As long as Boqvist doesn’t play 10 games in the NHL in the next couple seasons we can slide his ELC for an extra year. Signing him means we have more control in his development, while also having the flexibility to get an extra year on his ELC when he is ready.

(as the person actually running this account I can assure you that the Cam Ward and Kunitz signings are worrisome at least)
Jul. 1, 2018 at 7:14 p.m.
HawksFan28
As long as Boqvist doesn’t play 10 games in the NHL in the next couple seasons we can slide his ELC for an extra year. Signing him means we have more control in his development, while also having the flexibility to get an extra year on his ELC when he is ready.

(as the person actually running this account I can assure you that the Cam Ward and Kunitz signings are worrisome at least)

The Ward signing is the worst when you compare what BETTER goalies signed for.... I could really care less about the Kunitz signing... But the Ward signing and Manning signings are TERRIBLE..

Kunitz is fine as an extra forwards, but it looks like he will be playing in the top 9 probably 2nd line LW...

And watch, Crawford will NOT be ready in October, Ward will be the de facto starter and the Hawks will get shelled every night.... I bet Ward ends up starting and is replaced by Delia as the #1 my November while we get the same "Corey should be back soon rhetoric" from Bowman all season long..

I hope I'm wrong but I think Ward is going to end up being like Khabibulin in his second stint with the Hawks, a GAA of 4.73 and a .880 sv/%...... I suspect Bowman will be fired before the end of the year...

Bowman isn't going to be a member of the Blackhawks organization by the time Boqvist is NHL ready... He basically drafted a player that HE thought had a future with the Hawks, odds are Boqvist will never play with the Hawks because we will have a new GM & coach within a year...

This is the end man, game over..

I really hope I'm wrong, but IMO - I don't think I am....

To say I'm disappointed would be an understatement..

To make matters worse all the guys that could have helped the Hawks are signing cheap deals that the Hawks could have easily afforded... Instead Bowman is signing all the wrong players at ridiculous contracts..
Jul. 2, 2018 at 2:45 p.m.
Chicago AGM
Bowman isn't going to be a member of the Blackhawks organization by the time Boqvist is NHL ready... He basically drafted a player that HE thought had a future with the Hawks, odds are Boqvist will never play with the Hawks because we will have a new GM & coach within a year...

I normally think you are reasonable, but your analysis and thoughts about Boqvist are just not close. The ELC slides for a year, and with Boqvist basically having zero chance of making the team this year, that means his ELC will be good for 2019–20, 2020–21 and 2021–22. Boqvist said he was two or three years away. He probably said that assuming he would be playing in Sweden. By signing him now, he can play in Rockford next year, allowing him to continue his development at a higher level and on North American ice, therefore getting him more prepared to play in the NHL than if he went back to Sweden. With that, it is not entirely crazy to think he could be ready for an NHL role (albeit likely minimal) in 2019–20. But, he would likely be better suited to play a second year in Rockford to really stabilize his pro game before being asked to play in a top 4 role. So, if he joins the Hawks in 2020–21, that gives him two seasons on his ELC. He will likely have a fine rookie year and sophomore year, meaning he would get a very reasonable second contract as a "prove it" type of deal. The point? If you did not sign him until he was actually NHL ready, then he spends all of it in the NHL, and after three years is likely looking at a bigger second contract. So, signing him now makes a whole lot of sense, both for his development and for the long-term outlook of the team. He will be developed better and will very likely cost less on his second deal. That is great asset and cap management.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit