Logo of the CAR
Logo of the CAR
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
24$79,500,000$66,565,000$0$3,782,500$12,935,000
Left WingCentreRight Wing
$2,860,000$2,860,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
C
UFA - 1
$6,000,000$6,000,000
RW
UFA - 1
$887,500$887,500
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$6,000,000$6,000,000
C, LW
NMC
UFA - 5
$4,500,000$4,500,000
RW
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$1,750,000$1,750,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$894,167$894,167
RW
RFA - 4
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$2,650,000$3M)
LW, RW
UFA - 3
$872,500$872,500 (Performance Bonus$212,500$212K)
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$2,000,000$2,000,000
C
UFA - 4
$746,667$746,667 (Performance Bonus$70,000$70K)
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$675,000$675,000
LW
UFA - 2
$1,800,000$1,800,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$750,000$750,000
LW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$5,300,000$5,300,000
LD
UFA - 7
$5,750,000$5,750,000
RD
UFA - 3
$4,150,000$4,150,000
G
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$4,550,000$4,550,000
LD/RD
UFA - 4
$4,025,000$4,025,000
RD
UFA - 6
$1,500,000$1,500,000
G
UFA - 1
$1,200,000$1,200,000
LD
UFA - 2
$2,300,000$2,300,000
RD
UFA - 2
$700,000$700,000
LD
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jul. 25, 2018 at 7:25 a.m.
If I'm Boston I rather have Heinen + 1st than I would Skinner
Jul. 25, 2018 at 7:32 a.m.
Hurricane Waddell
Are you Boston?

Quoting: ON3M4N
If I'm Boston I rather have Heinen + 1st than I would Skinner
Jul. 25, 2018 at 7:58 a.m.
Quoting: Mikemathis555
Are you Boston?

Did I say I was?
Jul. 25, 2018 at 7:58 a.m.
I don't think Boston sends a first but they'll def deal Heinen. I like the OTT trade but I would just go after Stone --- Faulk, Gauthier and a 1st for Stone
Jul. 25, 2018 at 8:18 a.m.
Hurricane Waddell
I’m just a curious person

Did I say I was?
Jul. 25, 2018 at 8:22 a.m.
Pop Pop
Too much to rent skinner. Id rather keep the pick and let heinen play
Jul. 25, 2018 at 8:53 a.m.
Quoting: Caniac555
I’m just a curious person

Interesting. Well no, I'm not Boston. After 20+ years of following the team though, I like to think I have a pretty good understanding of what they value and why.

In this deal, I don't think the value is off at all. In fact it's probably one of most realistic I've seen on these ACGM's. Why I don't see Boston doing it...

Sweeney is a draft and develop guy. This past draft with no 1st rounder, you'd thought someone had ran over his puppy. I'd be shocked to see Sweeney deal out 1st left and right to acquire a player. Heinen I think they'd trade in the right deal, but honestly he's one of the few "knowns" of the young players. All these young guys that our fanbase drools over are still wild cards. You know what you get with Heinen and maybe his ceiling isn't as high as a Donato/Bjork/Lauko, but he's a guy that you can plug and play up and down the line-up with no concern that he'll hurt any line.
Jul. 25, 2018 at 9:05 a.m.
Hurricane Waddell
Honestly, the versatility is the reason why I think he’d work for the Canes. Their players are very talented, but there are about a million different ways their lineup might shake up. Skinner needs to be in a more established role, think he doesn’t fit with Carolina any more.

Interesting. Well no, I'm not Boston. After 20+ years of following the team though, I like to think I have a pretty good understanding of what they value and why.

In this deal, I don't think the value is off at all. In fact it's probably one of most realistic I've seen on these ACGM's. Why I don't see Boston doing it...

Sweeney is a draft and develop guy. This past draft with no 1st rounder, you'd thought someone had ran over his puppy. I'd be shocked to see Sweeney deal out 1st left and right to acquire a player. Heinen I think they'd trade in the right deal, but honestly he's one of the few "knowns" of the young players. All these young guys that our fanbase drools over are still wild cards. You know what you get with Heinen and maybe his ceiling isn't as high as a Donato/Bjork/Lauko, but he's a guy that you can plug and play up and down the line-up with no concern that he'll hurt any line.
Jul. 25, 2018 at 9:14 a.m.
Quoting: Caniac555
Honestly, the versatility is the reason why I think he’d work for the Canes. Their players are very talented, but there are about a million different ways their lineup might shake up. Skinner needs to be in a more established role, think he doesn’t fit with Carolina any more.

Oh 100%

Heinen is a low maintenance player that doesn't make the highlight plays, which is part of the reason I think many Bruins fans underrate him. For those like myself who enjoy the little details in the game, he's such a fun player to watch. He's the type of guy that contenders are looking for a the deadline because of his versatility. I wouldn't be shocked at all if he has a 20G/40A season this year, while providing a strong two-way game.
Jul. 25, 2018 at 9:42 a.m.
Bcarlo25
Quoting: sidsoul88
I don't think Boston sends a first but they'll def deal Heinen. I like the OTT trade but I would just go after Stone --- Faulk, Gauthier and a 1st for Stone

Ya because teams always look to move 50 point rookies
Jul. 25, 2018 at 10:45 a.m.
Skinner extension would have to be part of that BOS deal I'd think.
Jul. 25, 2018 at 10:45 a.m.
Quoting: Bcarlo25
Ya because teams always look to move 50 point rookies

When you have a pipeline like Boston does ya they sure do. Someone has to go and I think Heinen is the odd man out. Don't get me wrong, they shouldn't, but there just isnt space for him. Plus he's shown he can perform so his value is high.
Jul. 25, 2018 at 10:48 a.m.
Bcarlo25
When you have a pipeline like Boston does ya they sure do. Someone has to go and I think Heinen is the odd man out. Don't get me wrong, they shouldn't, but there just isnt space for him. Plus he's shown he can perform so his value is high.

How is there no room for him? He can play on literally any line
Jul. 25, 2018 at 1:01 p.m.
How is there no room for him? He can play on literally any line

There is no room on the top line for him. The second line will have DeBrusk on it and maybe he fits in there but if Donato does what everyone thinks he will Donato will be on the second line. The third line then is where he fits in for now but you have Bjork, JFK, right now and soon Cehlarik, and Senyshyn all vying for a third line role then. You aren't putting a 50 pt guy on the fourth line either. So it's either on Krejci's wing or on Backes's wing. Plus the way he was handled (benched at times or shuffled around from night to night) tells me he's the odd man out.
Jul. 25, 2018 at 1:11 p.m.
Bcarlo25
There is no room on the top line for him. The second line will have DeBrusk on it and maybe he fits in there but if Donato does what everyone thinks he will Donato will be on the second line. The third line then is where he fits in for now but you have Bjork, JFK, right now and soon Cehlarik, and Senyshyn all vying for a third line role then. You aren't putting a 50 pt guy on the fourth line either. So it's either on Krejci's wing or on Backes's wing. Plus the way he was handled (benched at times or shuffled around from night to night) tells me he's the odd man out.

Sooooo you've got a bunch of guys that haven't gotten it done in the NHL all getting a spot over the one guy that did get it done in the NHL....riiighhttttt
Jul. 25, 2018 at 1:17 p.m.
Sooooo you've got a bunch of guys that haven't gotten it done in the NHL all getting a spot over the one guy that did get it done in the NHL....riiighhttttt

Pretty much ya. That's how you develop players. You can't throw those guys on the fourth line and expect them to produce. Those are all high level players and they need to be playing in the middle six in order for the organization to determine their value. You know what you are getting with Heinen. Last season, that's probably his ceiling. Am I saying they need to trade him right now, no. But when it comes time to make a spot for the newer players someone is getting traded ---- and it's probably Heinen (since everyone who should be traded has a NMC/NTC....looking at you Backes)
Jul. 25, 2018 at 1:34 p.m.
Bcarlo25
Pretty much ya. That's how you develop players. You can't throw those guys on the fourth line and expect them to produce. Those are all high level players and they need to be playing in the middle six in order for the organization to determine their value. You know what you are getting with Heinen. Last season, that's probably his ceiling. Am I saying they need to trade him right now, no. But when it comes time to make a spot for the newer players someone is getting traded ---- and it's probably Heinen (since everyone who should be traded has a NMC/NTC....looking at you Backes)

What makes you say the bold highlighted sentence? I see nothing but evidence to the contrary. He's exceeded expectations at every level of hockey he's ever played. He went to Denver and was supposed to play his freshmen year on the fourth line according to the coaching staff. He led the team in points. He came to providence and was supposed to be a bottom six, fourth line type guy. in points per game, he was top 3 on the team. Then he was supposed to be in providence the next season, he ripped 8 points in 4 games, got called up, and, in terms of forwards, was fourth on the team. The other three guys all played on the same line, and make up 2/3 of team Canada's top line.

So, what on earth makes you say that this is his ceiling?
Jul. 25, 2018 at 1:59 p.m.
What makes you say the bold highlighted sentence? I see nothing but evidence to the contrary. He's exceeded expectations at every level of hockey he's ever played. He went to Denver and was supposed to play his freshmen year on the fourth line according to the coaching staff. He led the team in points. He came to providence and was supposed to be a bottom six, fourth line type guy. in points per game, he was top 3 on the team. Then he was supposed to be in providence the next season, he ripped 8 points in 4 games, got called up, and, in terms of forwards, was fourth on the team. The other three guys all played on the same line, and make up 2/3 of team Canada's top line.

So, what on earth makes you say that this is his ceiling?

to clarify, his ceiling on the Bruins. But i say that based on his usage. I would love to be wrong. But I don't see him as more than a 50pt guy on that team. Which is awesome by the way. I am not saying hes a bad player. I am saying he's the odd man out. If he isnt going to get more than 16 min a night he's not going to do much better than what he did last year. Not on that roster when you have one of the best top lines in the game playing 20+ min a night. Now, if Krejci goes down (which he always does), then ya, he'll have an opportunity to raise the bar, but as of now he's a third liner who will play on the PK, PP2 and every once and while jump up to the second line.

Likewise his contract is up next year and unless he takes a team friendly bridge deal (or Boston figures out how to move Backes) he probably gets traded bc his value is high. I think he'll be a consistent 40-50pt guy who works hard and can step up in the lineup when needed. Nothing bad about him at all. Just not gonna fit long term with the Bs.
Jul. 25, 2018 at 2:03 p.m.
Bcarlo25
to clarify, his ceiling on the Bruins. But i say that based on his usage. I would love to be wrong. But I don't see him as more than a 50pt guy on that team. Which is awesome by the way. I am not saying hes a bad player. I am saying he's the odd man out. If he isnt going to get more than 16 min a night he's not going to do much better than what he did last year. Not on that roster when you have one of the best top lines in the game playing 20+ min a night. Now, if Krejci goes down (which he always does), then ya, he'll have an opportunity to raise the bar, but as of now he's a third liner who will play on the PK, PP2 and every once and while jump up to the second line.

Likewise his contract is up next year and unless he takes a team friendly bridge deal (or Boston figures out how to move Backes) he probably gets traded bc his value is high. I think he'll be a consistent 40-50pt guy who works hard and can step up in the lineup when needed. Nothing bad about him at all. Just not gonna fit long term with the Bs.

sometimes this thing happens in the NHL where a rookie gets x amount of ice time his rookie year, and then he gets more than that as he continues to develop. It happens with virtually every single player in the NHL.

Also, Krejci has missed more than 10 games in a season just twice in his 11 season career. So no, not always.

Just to be clear, so I'm not mistaken, your position above was stating that the bruins should trade a rookie who had a fantastic year, to make room for guys that have not yet shown that they can play at the NHL level.....
Jul. 25, 2018 at 2:36 p.m.
sometimes this thing happens in the NHL where a rookie gets x amount of ice time his rookie year, and then he gets more than that as he continues to develop. It happens with virtually every single player in the NHL.

Also, Krejci has missed more than 10 games in a season just twice in his 11 season career. So no, not always.

Just to be clear, so I'm not mistaken, your position above was stating that the bruins should trade a rookie who had a fantastic year, to make room for guys that have not yet shown that they can play at the NHL level.....

I agree that players see increases in their ice time as they develop. I am saying that's not gonna happen for Heinen as long as he stays in Boston. At least nothing meaningful.

That is true, my point being is that a spot in the top 6 will be available to him at some point during the season.

That's exactly what I am saying. I am not saying it needs to be today, but that when the time comes for the organization to make a decision on Heinen and the development of those behind him, he's probably getting traded.
Jul. 25, 2018 at 2:59 p.m.
Bcarlo25
I agree that players see increases in their ice time as they develop. I am saying that's not gonna happen for Heinen as long as he stays in Boston. At least nothing meaningful.

That is true, my point being is that a spot in the top 6 will be available to him at some point during the season.

That's exactly what I am saying. I am not saying it needs to be today, but that when the time comes for the organization to make a decision on Heinen and the development of those behind him, he's probably getting traded.

Ya, that’s utterly insane. The bruins had a clear need for secondary scoring, heinen is arguably their best offensive depth, but I’m sure they’ll trade him because senyshyn has a good week in the ahl
Jul. 25, 2018 at 3:36 p.m.
Ya, that’s utterly insane. The bruins had a clear need for secondary scoring, heinen is arguably their best offensive depth, but I’m sure they’ll trade him because senyshyn has a good week in the ahl

I am not disagreeing with you on anything. But the Bruins have shown a habit of doing exactly this, and if the prospects mentioned before all turn out to be what everyone hopes they turn out to be, they'll be better than Heinen. Most importantly though, they wont be able to afford everyone so someone has to go. Heinen is the proven commodity. He has the highest value. Every single team needs a utility guy. I would rather trade him than lose him for nothing when he gets frustrated being shuffled around and/or doesnt get the money he thinks he should get.
Jul. 25, 2018 at 3:53 p.m.
Bcarlo25
I am not disagreeing with you on anything. But the Bruins have shown a habit of doing exactly this, and if the prospects mentioned before all turn out to be what everyone hopes they turn out to be, they'll be better than Heinen. Most importantly though, they wont be able to afford everyone so someone has to go. Heinen is the proven commodity. He has the highest value. Every single team needs a utility guy. I would rather trade him than lose him for nothing when he gets frustrated being shuffled around and/or doesnt get the money he thinks he should get.

dear lord, I think I disagree with everything you just said.
If all the prospects pan out (because that happens all the time) they'll be better than Heinen? What makes you say this?
Ya, they won't be able to afford everyone, but why is Heinen the odd man out?
Why does he have the most value? Honestly I'm guessing Donato has more trade value.
They have his RFA rights for 4 more years right....what's the rush?
Jul. 25, 2018 at 4:07 p.m.
dear lord, I think I disagree with everything you just said.
If all the prospects pan out (because that happens all the time) they'll be better than Heinen? What makes you say this?
Ya, they won't be able to afford everyone, but why is Heinen the odd man out?
Why does he have the most value? Honestly I'm guessing Donato has more trade value.
They have his RFA rights for 4 more years right....what's the rush?

Then we disagree.

The only rush they have is figuring out what do with him if others pan out. Even if only one or two of the prospects pan out, Heinen is relegated to the bottom six. But a 50pt guy would be getting top six time on most other teams, just not Boston. Sure he brings good secondary scoring but he could be better used to bring in another piece like a top 4 D to replace Chara since their D prospects aren't ready yet. My point is that his value is highest this year --- especially if he does the same or better points wise this year -- before they have to deal with arbitration/bridge deals/etc. Boston is flush with young fwd options right now and will inevitably have to trade one. I prefer it be one of the unknowns like you said but to get the best return Heinen is the guy.
Jul. 25, 2018 at 4:08 p.m.
Hurricane Waddell
This is still going?

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll